Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,607 members, 7,809,219 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:41 AM

Nigerian Navy Sends 4 Warships, 3,400 Troops To Niger Delta - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Navy Sends 4 Warships, 3,400 Troops To Niger Delta (33196 Views)

Nigerian Warships (pics) / Justice Abang Sends 4 NAHCO Staff To Spend Christmas In Jail / Military Storms Oporoza, Niger-Delta In Warships Searching For Militants (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Navy Sends 4 Warships, 3,400 Troops To Niger Delta by limeta(f): 11:03am On Nov 05, 2016
Jexyme:

So war to militants sabotaging the nation's economy is war against Niger Delta.....

Yes

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Navy Sends 4 Warships, 3,400 Troops To Niger Delta by limeta(f): 11:08am On Nov 05, 2016
tdayof:
Warships are not toys or fighter jets you destroy anyhow.

You don,t ve war ship
You ve toy boats

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Navy Sends 4 Warships, 3,400 Troops To Niger Delta by Nobody: 11:10am On Nov 05, 2016
DLuciano:
Buhari is really dumb! Has deployment of soldiers and warfare stopped boko harem?

genuine dialogue is the only best option

Your opinion is fooolish.
Re: Nigerian Navy Sends 4 Warships, 3,400 Troops To Niger Delta by naptu2: 11:12am On Nov 05, 2016
The media makes money when people buy their newspapers, browse their websites and tune in to their channels. This sometimes makes newspapers and websites to publish sensational and alarmist headlines and stories in order to make people buy their papers and browse their websites.

However, this is a training exercise, not a combat mission. Similar exercises have been held in various parts of the country in the past. I have witnessed some in Lagos, eg.

Operation Seadog in 1985 (simulated invasion of Lagos by the navy and amphibious soldiers using NNS Ambe and other ships).

Operation Odion in 1987 (which involved both the navy and the air force and was watched by President Babangida and Admiral Aikhomu).

An operation whose name I can't remember. C1995 in Lekki.

Operation Takute Epe in 2004 (witnessed by Vice President Atiku Abubakar).

These operations were not meant to bomb and destroy Lagos, just as the training exercises in the Niger Delta are not designed to destroy the area. They are meant to familiarise the officers and men with the terrain and for them to practice certain manoeuvres.

There was so much noise made about Operation Crocodile Smile, but it came and went and the delta was not destroyed (I'm sure that many people that made noise about it are not aware that the exercise ended in September).
Re: Nigerian Navy Sends 4 Warships, 3,400 Troops To Niger Delta by autonomous22: 11:16am On Nov 05, 2016
To do wat na, any war dey happen dia
Re: Nigerian Navy Sends 4 Warships, 3,400 Troops To Niger Delta by giftedart: 11:17am On Nov 05, 2016
Watch who you eep by olamide @ cartoon version created by giftedart.....more funy cartoon video coming soon...this the link

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O27RnVop7Gk&itct=CBYQpDAYASITCPTl1K21kNACFQHHFgodyiwKw1Ibb2xhbWlkZSBmdCB3aG8geW91IGVlcCwyMDE2&client=mv-google&gl=NG&hl=en
Re: Nigerian Navy Sends 4 Warships, 3,400 Troops To Niger Delta by bigsmoke2(m): 11:32am On Nov 05, 2016
DLuciano:
Buhari is really dumb! Has deployment of soldiers and warfare stopped boko harem?

genuine dialogue is the only best option
its because previous govt were soft on them, granting them amnesty , Send them to school and enriching them after they committed treason. That is why they are acting spoilt. they it will be business as usual them no know say economy harsh. They think war is a joke. Let them go and ask bokoharm how life is treating them
Re: Nigerian Navy Sends 4 Warships, 3,400 Troops To Niger Delta by ibrokola(m): 11:33am On Nov 05, 2016
limeta:
Rear Adm. James Oluwole.
Yoruba,s are bringing war to the Niger delta
We will not forget
We will not forgive

Please manage n have sense

Re: Nigerian Navy Sends 4 Warships, 3,400 Troops To Niger Delta by Justycxx(m): 11:33am On Nov 05, 2016
Jexyme:

So war to militants sabotaging the nation's economy is war against Niger Delta.....
oyel na our own, wetin u mean by nation's economy. The proceeds of the oil has never been adequately distributed within the nation. It has always been shared among very few and we suffer the consequences of the exploitation- Pollution
Re: Nigerian Navy Sends 4 Warships, 3,400 Troops To Niger Delta by ibrokola(m): 11:33am On Nov 05, 2016
limeta:
Rear Adm. James Oluwole.
We will not forget
We will not forgive

Please manage n have sense small na

Re: Nigerian Navy Sends 4 Warships, 3,400 Troops To Niger Delta by tdayof(m): 11:36am On Nov 05, 2016
limeta:

You don,t ve war ship
You ve toy boats

Work on your punctuations.
Re: Nigerian Navy Sends 4 Warships, 3,400 Troops To Niger Delta by limeta(f): 11:41am On Nov 05, 2016
tdayof:

Work on your punctuations.

Poo
Re: Nigerian Navy Sends 4 Warships, 3,400 Troops To Niger Delta by jswagg4(m): 11:49am On Nov 05, 2016
unclezuma:
I used to believe the navy has sailors and jarheads not soldiers...
Any member of d ARMED FORCES(Navy Army Airforce) is a soldier.
Re: Nigerian Navy Sends 4 Warships, 3,400 Troops To Niger Delta by Generalyemi(m): 11:51am On Nov 05, 2016
Michaelgates:
You know the rules. Kill them all and keep moving..

afon..ja ,reporting from ur room...cow..ards

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Navy Sends 4 Warships, 3,400 Troops To Niger Delta by Nobody: 11:52am On Nov 05, 2016
jswagg4:

Are you for real?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Navy Sends 4 Warships, 3,400 Troops To Niger Delta by sirbiolee(m): 11:55am On Nov 05, 2016
Pls anyone with direct short service past questions for Navy... help me if u av one guys... thanks
Re: Nigerian Navy Sends 4 Warships, 3,400 Troops To Niger Delta by tdayof(m): 12:00pm On Nov 05, 2016
jswagg4:

Nope.
Re: Nigerian Navy Sends 4 Warships, 3,400 Troops To Niger Delta by Nobody: 12:01pm On Nov 05, 2016
shamecurls:

Who has been denied a right to live? This a case of outlaws against the power that govern. If you talking about taking away food from the ND, then am certain you know nothing about derivatives gotten by this region.

They just a virus acting on themselves.

I don't know where you are but if you have not been to any ND creek then bro, you have no right to make any assertion.
Name the derivatives let me know, Just one of the thousands of Yoruba oil benefactors; Mrs Alakija is worth 7 billion Dollars, from oil block just at the few kilometters from Bayelsa creek, yet all the the so called Derivatives right from the start is not up to that, let alone what Adenuga, Otedola, and other Hausa oil block owners worth.... so don't come here and tell me about derivatives. ....what is the budget of NDDC this yr, but the money embark for NEDC is far more, region destroyed by useless Boko haram for no reason, is this not laughable. undecided..... pls this si 2016 don't come here and tell me about derivatives... you eat my food and give me crumbs Rubbish!!!!

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Navy Sends 4 Warships, 3,400 Troops To Niger Delta by Izonpikin: 12:15pm On Nov 05, 2016
kropotkin2:
@Izonpikin we don get new one o. The noose is gradually tightening around your terrorist friend's necks grin
grin grin grin

Shey na crocodiles and sharks go drill a produce the oil??...

grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Navy Sends 4 Warships, 3,400 Troops To Niger Delta by Nobody: 12:20pm On Nov 05, 2016
AceRoyal:
Bad move!
Doesn't PMB have advisers?
I'm not in support of the militants but PMB should realize that there are so many ways to kill a rat in a clay pot without breaking the pot!

This is not the best time for show of force!

My brother, I am neither in support of Buhari using force on these youths or The youths blowing up pipes.
But what exactly do you think the government can't do to solve this menace.

Everyone kps talking about dialogue. How do you have dialogue with people that are not ready for dialogue. The government said come let's talk and reason together and the youths said No discussion but we want to break away. Which government would like his country to break into pieces.
The elders of these youths went to meet government for discussion, the second day the youths came our to say we didn't send them to represent us. And bombing of pipelines continue.

How do we solve the problem without a break away?

That's the question.

Buhari is not ready for Nigeria Splitting. The youths are not ready for settlement but breakup.

They should have asked for this when their brother Ebele was there and let us see how he too would have reacted. Would he have agreed and break up the Nation?

Let us be sincere and solve this problem together. I love my IBO friends and wouldn't want to loose them to the struggle of Biafra. What do we do.

Peace.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Navy Sends 4 Warships, 3,400 Troops To Niger Delta by olayinkafuny80(m): 1:10pm On Nov 05, 2016
limeta:
Rear Adm. James Oluwole. Yoruba,s are bringing war to the Niger delta We will not forget We will not forgive

go and die you people with low morals
Re: Nigerian Navy Sends 4 Warships, 3,400 Troops To Niger Delta by onomeasike: 1:19pm On Nov 05, 2016
limeta:
Rear Adm. James Oluwole.
We will not forget
We will not forgive

Hilarious
Re: Nigerian Navy Sends 4 Warships, 3,400 Troops To Niger Delta by Nobody: 1:35pm On Nov 05, 2016
davtosh:

My brother, I am neither in support of Buhari using force on these youths or The youths blowing up pipes.
But what exactly do you think the government can't do to solve this menace.

Everyone kps talking about dialogue. How do you have dialogue with people that are not ready for dialogue. The government said come let's talk and reason together and the youths said No discussion but we want to break away. Which government would like his country to break into pieces.
The elders of these youths went to meet government for discussion, the second day the youths came our to say we didn't send them to represent us. And bombing of pipelines continue.

How do we solve the problem without a break away?

That's the question.

Buhari is not ready for Nigeria Splitting. The youths are not ready for settlement but breakup.

They should have asked for this when their brother Ebele was there and let us see how he too would have reacted. Would he have agreed and break up the Nation?

Let us be sincere and solve this problem together. I love my IBO friends and wouldn't want to loose them to the struggle of Biafra. What do we do.

Peace.

Trust me You Nigerian, we are long separated in this country.
The division in this country now is amazing, the only TRUE Unity I see here is the SE/SS/Some MB.
I dare buhari and his northern Islamic warlords to drop one bomb in the ND.

We Niger Deltans have been fooled for too long.
We want all our oil blocks back else we split.

Simple!
Re: Nigerian Navy Sends 4 Warships, 3,400 Troops To Niger Delta by Nobody: 2:22pm On Nov 05, 2016
Izonpikin:
grin grin grin

Shey na crocodiles and sharks go drill a produce the oil??...

grin
No not really, but the crocodile and shark go bite de people wey talk say we no go drill de oyel grin
Re: Nigerian Navy Sends 4 Warships, 3,400 Troops To Niger Delta by Izonpikin: 2:35pm On Nov 05, 2016
kropotkin2:
No not really, but the crocodile and shark go bite de people wey talk say we no go drill de oyel grin
grin grin

Na this oyel go kill of us for this country.. grin
Re: Nigerian Navy Sends 4 Warships, 3,400 Troops To Niger Delta by Nobody: 2:47pm On Nov 05, 2016
Izonpikin:
grin grin

Na this oyel go kill of us for this country.. grin

De Oyel must flow in Jesus name. Oya say Amen grin
Re: Nigerian Navy Sends 4 Warships, 3,400 Troops To Niger Delta by Caleycash(m): 2:55pm On Nov 05, 2016
what a useless country... Hahahahaha
Re: Nigerian Navy Sends 4 Warships, 3,400 Troops To Niger Delta by Rossikk(m): 3:05pm On Nov 05, 2016
kingobozy:
Warship ko! Warship ni! If movies are anything to go by, warship should be much bigger than that.. It looks more like battle boat grin grin
Don't be silly. That picture was not meant to show the actual warships. Nigeria has a proper naval fleet. Do a google and see.
Re: Nigerian Navy Sends 4 Warships, 3,400 Troops To Niger Delta by dragunov: 3:53pm On Nov 05, 2016
AceRoyal:
Bad move!
Doesn't PMB have advisers?
I'm not in support of the militants but PMB should realize that there are so many ways to kill a rat in a clay pot without breaking the pot!

This is not the best time for show of force!

And one of the ways is to dialogue with the rat. Right?
Re: Nigerian Navy Sends 4 Warships, 3,400 Troops To Niger Delta by dragunov: 3:55pm On Nov 05, 2016
Gabbysky:

Trust me You Nigerian, we are long separated in this country.
The division in this country now is amazing, the only TRUE Unity I see here is the SE/SS/Some MB.
I dare buhari and his northern Islamic warlords to drop one bomb in the ND.

We Niger Deltans have been fooled for too long.
We want all our oil blocks back else we split.

Simple!
What is this one saying?
Re: Nigerian Navy Sends 4 Warships, 3,400 Troops To Niger Delta by Osomo: 4:05pm On Nov 05, 2016
This is what former president Obasanjo called "Carrot and Stick" approach to dialogue.
Re: Nigerian Navy Sends 4 Warships, 3,400 Troops To Niger Delta by mrsiso(m): 4:06pm On Nov 05, 2016
Intimidate who? Are they supposed to exist in the first place. They are weed in a garden. We weed it our, best approach.

quote author=SlayerSupreme
post=50764154]BattleField Royale. Excessive from the government. They only want to intimidate the militants and protect their life-source: Oyel.[/quote]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

I am only staying in London because of my Doctors - Buhari / Lt Dashe & Captain Emeka Killed By Boko Haram. Photos Shared By Deji Adeyanju / Military Releases Statement, Shares Photos Of Weapons Seized From Boko Haram

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.