Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,937 members, 7,814,178 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:30 AM

Photo Of An Old University Of Ibadan Meal Voucher - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Photo Of An Old University Of Ibadan Meal Voucher (31397 Views)

Good Old Days: University Of Ibadan Meal Ticket(photos) / University Of Ibadan Meal Ticket In 1972 (Throwback Photo) / Meet 14 Year Old University Lecturer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Photo Of An Old University Of Ibadan Meal Voucher by juman(m): 6:19pm On Nov 04, 2016
You see!

nigeria became destroyed.
Re: Photo Of An Old University Of Ibadan Meal Voucher by jasinto: 6:24pm On Nov 04, 2016
tukdi:
embarassed embarassed embarassed

Look at what Apc has done to us!

Please nobody should celebrate my FTC because of the bad economy! cool

***rejects FTC Award***

Look at you. Was any of your family member a student at the time? Did you any of your brother enjoy such privilege? Why bring APC into this. Think well.
Re: Photo Of An Old University Of Ibadan Meal Voucher by makabulchi(m): 6:24pm On Nov 04, 2016
Bossontop:
Now u cant even get a decent meal for #500 cry
Amala 100 box
Meat 100 box
No more free pure water
Re: Photo Of An Old University Of Ibadan Meal Voucher by tukdi: 6:33pm On Nov 04, 2016
jasinto:

Look at you. Was any of your family member a student at the time? Did you any of your brother enjoy such privilege? Why bring APC into this. Think well.

undecided
Re: Photo Of An Old University Of Ibadan Meal Voucher by tukdi: 6:35pm On Nov 04, 2016
Re: Photo Of An Old University Of Ibadan Meal Voucher by HAH: 6:44pm On Nov 04, 2016
moscobabs:

no sir ..u r my elder brother .I was in primary one in 87 and I finished pry sch in 1993 am just 33 yrs old man.

yea am surely your egbon, finished primary in 87 secondary 93, uni 99, masters 2005 and am now 40

1 Like

Re: Photo Of An Old University Of Ibadan Meal Voucher by HAH: 6:48pm On Nov 04, 2016
Lilimax:

True!
My accommodation fees at Hall 1 UNIBEN was N90:00 (Ninety naira) and the last school fees
I paid before graduating was N57.00 (Fifty seven Naira)

surely we that was what we paid for accommodation N90 at unimaid. I thought you belong to indomie generation I no know say we be same

1 Like

Re: Photo Of An Old University Of Ibadan Meal Voucher by Lilimax(f): 6:52pm On Nov 04, 2016
sleeknaija:

Like seriously?
YES!
Re: Photo Of An Old University Of Ibadan Meal Voucher by moscobabs(m): 6:56pm On Nov 04, 2016
HAH:

yea am surely your egbon, finished primary in 87 secondary 93, uni 99, masters 2005 and am now 40

thats gud egbon
Re: Photo Of An Old University Of Ibadan Meal Voucher by Ishilove: 7:13pm On Nov 04, 2016
moscobabs:

no sir ..u r my elder brother .I was in primary one in 87 and I finished pry sch in 1993 am just 33 yrs old man.
You can't finish primary school in '93 and be 33 years.

Re: Photo Of An Old University Of Ibadan Meal Voucher by moscobabs(m): 7:22pm On Nov 04, 2016
Ishilove:
You can't finish primary school in '93 and be 33 years.
I finished primary in 1993 ma
finished secondary in 2000

Gained admission in 2001 and graduated in 2005
Other professional courses in 2006-2009
Got my first job in 2008
married in 2012 when I was 29
this is 2016
1983-2016( still counting o) = 33 yrs
hope u get it right ma?

1 Like

Re: Photo Of An Old University Of Ibadan Meal Voucher by Mcweber(m): 7:42pm On Nov 04, 2016
tukdi:
embarassed embarassed embarassed

Look at what Apc has done to us!

Please nobody should celebrate my FTC because of the bad economy! cool

***rejects FTC Award***
some pipu go just come Dey type rubbish... I'm cocksure that voucher should be in the 60/70s and here u are talking bout Apc, Haba! if this is meant to be a joke, trust me. e no funny atall.... as in atall. Wetin consign APC consign Wetin dey the thread .. U sleep, u had a wet dream.... NA APC!!. U toast girl, she no gree.. NA apc... Mtcheeeeeeew
Re: Photo Of An Old University Of Ibadan Meal Voucher by Aremu01(m): 7:53pm On Nov 04, 2016
The good old days
Re: Photo Of An Old University Of Ibadan Meal Voucher by Xtfield(m): 7:54pm On Nov 04, 2016
Muafrika2:
50K? What were they serving, pythons? undecided
I can authoritatively tell you that it was a very delicious meal that was served. On Sunday afternoon for instance, Jollof rice with big piece of chicken was served. In addition you get a cup orange juice. For breakfast on most days you get 6 slices of bread, butter, cornflakes and tea with one boiled egg etc. It was fun in those days. However in spite of the low feeding cost, some students could not afford 3 meals. We often skipped breakfast since lunch is served from 12 noon. Take this from a man who attended University of Ibadan from 1979 to 1982. I was an indigent student back then and in my second year, I had to do 2 hours work in the University Library at one Naira per hour subject to a maximum of 20 hours a month. The twenty Naira I earn in a month took care of my meals.

4 Likes

Re: Photo Of An Old University Of Ibadan Meal Voucher by tukdi: 7:55pm On Nov 04, 2016
Mcweber:
some pipu go just come Dey type rubbish... I'm cocksure that voucher should be in the 60/70s and here u are talking bout Apc, Haba! if this is meant to be a joke, trust me. e no funny atall.... as in atall. Wetin consign APC consign Wetin dey the thread .. U sleep, u had a wet dream.... NA APC!!. U toast girl, she no gree.. NA apc... Mtcheeeeeeew

Re: Photo Of An Old University Of Ibadan Meal Voucher by Flakosixfive(m): 8:22pm On Nov 04, 2016
HAH:
Na babies full nairaland, some don't even know that 50k means fifty kobo thinking it means fifty thousand.

Even in my days in the university 93-98 meals were N5.

When I was in primary school 1982 - 87 I was given 10k daily for breakfast
Oga. e don tey wey u come o!
Re: Photo Of An Old University Of Ibadan Meal Voucher by Flakosixfive(m): 9:15pm On Nov 04, 2016
Xtfield:
I can authoritatively tell you that it was a very delicious meal that was served. On Sunday afternoon for instance, Jollof rice with big piece of chicken was served. In addition you get a cup orange juice. For breakfast on most days you get 6 slices of bread, butter, cornflakes and tea with one boiled egg etc. It was fun in those days. However in spite of the low feeding cost, some students could not afford 3 meals. We often skipped breakfast since lunch is served from 12 noon. Take this from a man who attended University of Ibadan from 1979 to 1982. I was an indigent student back then and in my second year, I had to do 2 hours work in the University Library at one Naira per hour subject to a maximum of 20 hours a month. The twenty Naira I earn in a month took care of my meals.
I'm glad to have oldies who can tell us as it was in the days of yore. Well done sir.
Re: Photo Of An Old University Of Ibadan Meal Voucher by Ishilove: 9:35pm On Nov 04, 2016
moscobabs:

Got my first job in 2008

this is 2016

hope u get it right ma?
Okay sir, I do now.

1 Like

Re: Photo Of An Old University Of Ibadan Meal Voucher by Ishilove: 9:37pm On Nov 04, 2016
Xtfield:
You must have grown up kids, sir smiley
Re: Photo Of An Old University Of Ibadan Meal Voucher by drafael1: 9:40pm On Nov 04, 2016
HAH:
Na babies full nairaland, some don't even know that 50k means fifty kobo thinking it means fifty thousand.

Even in my days in the university 93-98 meals were N5.

When I was in primary school 1982 - 87 I was given 10k daily for breakfast

I see you... Ancient of days
Re: Photo Of An Old University Of Ibadan Meal Voucher by HAH: 9:51pm On Nov 04, 2016
drafael1:

I see you... Ancient of days
bros. You know say even for beer palour elders dey
Re: Photo Of An Old University Of Ibadan Meal Voucher by HAH: 9:53pm On Nov 04, 2016
Flakosixfive:

Oga. e don tey wey u come o!

We are here to guide you the younger ones,
Re: Photo Of An Old University Of Ibadan Meal Voucher by Xtfield(m): 9:54pm On Nov 04, 2016
Ishilove:

You must have grown up kids, sir smiley
Yes, I have three married daughters with kids. I have about ten grandchildren now.

3 Likes

Re: Photo Of An Old University Of Ibadan Meal Voucher by mikolo80: 10:04pm On Nov 04, 2016
justscorchone:
This is really really REALLY SAD... cry how did we get here?
we refused to farm
Re: Photo Of An Old University Of Ibadan Meal Voucher by Nobody: 10:53pm On Nov 04, 2016
mikolo80:
we refused to farm

We need a leader that will do like burkina faso's former president Thomas Sankara,because the damage these corrupt politicians have caused is affecting this generation and seems likely to affect the next.
Re: Photo Of An Old University Of Ibadan Meal Voucher by blazer234: 11:34pm On Nov 04, 2016
Muafrika2:
50K? What were they serving, pythons? undecided

It means 50 kobo.
Re: Photo Of An Old University Of Ibadan Meal Voucher by Kgdavid(m): 11:43pm On Nov 04, 2016
Ishilove:
There was a country... cry cry

angry

Really? Why don't you also find out what people were being paid as salary in those days? Sure you would still long for the country that was?
Re: Photo Of An Old University Of Ibadan Meal Voucher by Kgdavid(m): 11:47pm On Nov 04, 2016
Xtfield:

The op should be flogged for not including this little detail in his post. Almost everyone who has reached 200 level must have done some bit of economics in their life time, enough to understand inflation.

Yet, i can see fully sane individuals wishing they could still buy a plate of food for 50k today, on Salaries in the thousands of naira.

Re: Photo Of An Old University Of Ibadan Meal Voucher by mikolo80: 12:03am On Nov 05, 2016
justscorchone:

We need a leader that will do like burkina faso's former president Thomas Sankara,because the damage these corrupt politicians have caused is affecting this generation and seems likely to affect the next.
HP Burkina faso any better of my brother.
Violence simply begets more violence.
I'm hoping for a Lee Kwan Yew type or former Korean president that developed Samsung and Co
Re: Photo Of An Old University Of Ibadan Meal Voucher by urahara(m): 1:09am On Nov 05, 2016
moscobabs:

Got my first job in 2008

this is 2016

hope u get it right ma?

So polite smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Photo Of An Old University Of Ibadan Meal Voucher by back2sender: 1:56am On Nov 05, 2016
Ask PDP, Their 16 years of locust rule is abundantly clear on how not to govern a country.
Out of the 16 years the last 6 years was the worst as the kingpin of looting opened our treasury to all dick n harry.
Omisore has returned 350million, obanikoro 100 million etc. God will reign in the lives of the wailers and the supporters of Jonathan the way he GOVERNED Nigeria.
The prayers of the 5%children of hate from indo-fuckin-nesia republic of ugandan and thier fedora cap republic brothers is for Buhari to die but God pass dem.
Buhari till 2023 and we will keep praying for him and his household.
Re: Photo Of An Old University Of Ibadan Meal Voucher by Chukwuka16: 3:23am On Nov 05, 2016
Xtfield:

Sir, I am glad to find a very senior alumnus. I just graduated from UI in 2014 (2012/13). I was a katangite from the great Katanga Republic (Independence Hall). Things no doubt have greatly deteriorated from your time. Like the Kenneth Dike Library is now a repository of ancient materials while indigent students have no bursary to access from the school. During my final year though, I remember seeing a bulletin requesting students to apply for part time jobs in the bakery and other business centres. I did not follow the development to know what happened. By God's grace I would be returning to UI after completing my doctorate to lecture. I enjoyed the quality of teaching and research engagement from the lecturers in my dept. The school was an ok example of what learning and education should be during my time. It seems strikes are becoming more frequent now.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

My Younger Sister Is Too Dull. / FG Closes All Public & Private Schools Till 13th Of October / FG Lifts Ban On Post-utme Screening By Varsities (DETAILS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.