Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,887 members, 7,814,005 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:16 AM

Photo Of An Old University Of Ibadan Meal Voucher - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Photo Of An Old University Of Ibadan Meal Voucher (31394 Views)

Good Old Days: University Of Ibadan Meal Ticket(photos) / University Of Ibadan Meal Ticket In 1972 (Throwback Photo) / Meet 14 Year Old University Lecturer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Photo Of An Old University Of Ibadan Meal Voucher by seunlayi(m): 5:53am On Nov 05, 2016

I m disappointed that most of the posters above left something out.

Do you know that during those days, you only need to take your cup and walk towards the container /fridge tap with either pepsi, coke or Fanta, cold water(depending on what you desire) press the tap and take your free drink as much as you want?

The blocks that holds those tanks are still visible till today inside the abandoned UI Centre Cafe, you will find them towards the window overlooking the swimming pool.

I often over filled my cup with drinks pouring down because I often get distracted when looking at those swimming when filling my cup with drinks.

I tell you guys, "gone are the old days"

2 Likes

Re: Photo Of An Old University Of Ibadan Meal Voucher by tukdi: 6:38am On Nov 05, 2016
Xtfield:
Yes, I have three married daughters with kids. I have about ten grandchildren now.

shocked shocked shocked
Re: Photo Of An Old University Of Ibadan Meal Voucher by emeka2847: 9:39am On Nov 05, 2016
Simple. The selfless ones of those time were replaced by them. Unfortunately they're all selfish and ungrateful bastards!

They must all go if we have to move forward.

naptu2:

This is the answer to the question, "What happened".
Re: Photo Of An Old University Of Ibadan Meal Voucher by naptu2: 9:42am On Nov 05, 2016
emeka2847:
Simple. The selfless ones of those time were replaced by them. Unfortunately they're all selfish and ungrateful bastards!

They must all go if we have to move forward.

"Ali mon go".
Re: Photo Of An Old University Of Ibadan Meal Voucher by Tecno66: 5:28pm On Jul 09, 2019
GurlFriend:
This was back in the days when a meal cost as low as fifty kobo (50k). Meals in Nigerian universities were heavily subsidised by the government, so students, both rich and poor had access to at least one free meal daily.

In addition, the students were also given fruits and vegetables to go with the meal. Balanced diet and all that.

Seeing this is very painful. What happened to this great country?

http://www.lailasblog.com/2016/11/see-painful-image-of-old-university-of.html
Honestly, it remained as 50k in all federal universities until Buhari came in 1983 and everything changed.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

My Younger Sister Is Too Dull. / FG Closes All Public & Private Schools Till 13th Of October / FG Lifts Ban On Post-utme Screening By Varsities (DETAILS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.