Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,667 members, 7,816,742 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:09 PM

How Students Are Punished In Cameroon For Coming Late To School - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How Students Are Punished In Cameroon For Coming Late To School (62651 Views)

How Students Receive Lectures At Ambrose Alli University, Ekpoma / Teachers Strip Students Unclad In Cameroon & Flog Them For Coming Late / How Students Write Exams At The American University Of Nigeria (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Students Are Punished In Cameroon For Coming Late To School by martineverest(m): 10:48am On Nov 05, 2016
what is bad here?all these ajekpako nigerians will be forming aje-civilisedd

i dont encourage flogging but this is a better purnishment
Re: How Students Are Punished In Cameroon For Coming Late To School by DonaTee(f): 10:49am On Nov 05, 2016
Im not in support of this particular punishment.
1. Dey r too young for this

2. It gives me d creeps that dey r waddling in d mud. The teacher is a pig.
Kids will pick skin infections because of punishment

There r more rational ways to punish thrm biko

1 Like

Re: How Students Are Punished In Cameroon For Coming Late To School by mfm04622: 10:50am On Nov 05, 2016
DropShot:

I'm ashamed of this your post. This is 21st century and there are better ways of instilling discipline than this demeaning and reprehensible method.

I won't accept this punishment or anything close to it for my children from any school.

Do you have children? Truthfully, how disciplined are they? What is reprehensible in this? The only way to way to discipline is t attach consequences to mistakes
Re: How Students Are Punished In Cameroon For Coming Late To School by Nobody: 10:51am On Nov 05, 2016
DropShot:

I'm ashamed of this your post. This is 21st century and there are better ways of instilling discipline than this demeaning and reprehensible method.

I won't accept this punishment or anything close to it for my children from any school.

You are not even ashamed of yourself! That is why we have spoilt children all over the nation today!

PUNTUALITY, they says is the sole of every successful enterprise.
Re: How Students Are Punished In Cameroon For Coming Late To School by Nobody: 10:51am On Nov 05, 2016
abbeyty:

monkey mentality dey worry you, so there is no other way to punish these little kids ? may these kids even trekked miles before they even made it to the school
*ghen ghen cummando jumps in* monkey mentality produced our first set of presidents with average age 28...new mentality producing alimis,bobriskies,dapos,cultists,oloshos,to mention just a few. Try all these things then and ul end up in the evil forest.Your own papa u no proud of am? listen to his story u go know say na all these things he go through.So So so onu Ku nu we re
Re: How Students Are Punished In Cameroon For Coming Late To School by Nobody: 10:52am On Nov 05, 2016
I was asked to crawl on gravels in j.s.s!....i recently came across the fragile/miserable looking woman & felt like dealing with her but i left her for God.

2 Likes

Re: How Students Are Punished In Cameroon For Coming Late To School by musa7m(m): 10:53am On Nov 05, 2016
DropShot:

if you call this barbaric ....wat will you call pick pin and frog jump....

1 Like

Re: How Students Are Punished In Cameroon For Coming Late To School by martineverest(m): 10:54am On Nov 05, 2016
Stanleywaxy:
My guy , I really get your point.
Even if the children of the 21st century doesn't kneel, they are still not better than the previous centuries before them.
While growing up, most of the things I considered as wicked acts are helping me today.
well said
Re: How Students Are Punished In Cameroon For Coming Late To School by remmyton(f): 10:54am On Nov 05, 2016
Those of you that doesn't see this as barbaric, I smh for una, this is sooooo barbaric, kneeling down in a mud? On a school morning? Is not barbaric? Then jungle justice s just. Imagine a child thar bath before coming to school to stay filth for the rest of the day just for coming late? No teacher can try that with my kids

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Students Are Punished In Cameroon For Coming Late To School by Nobody: 10:55am On Nov 05, 2016
Stevengold:

There should be other measures of punishing students, not this.
Now I see why ppl send there wards out in a civilized country to study.
In as much as I wouldnt like my children to go through this punishment, I don't see why I should treat other ppls children like this.
I also stated that moderation in punishment should be put into consideration. .I believe that was not the first time the pupils had been warned. .before students are punished to this extent,they must have been warned repeatedly. .not advocating for extreme measures thout
Re: How Students Are Punished In Cameroon For Coming Late To School by TonyeBarcanista(m): 10:56am On Nov 05, 2016
Juzzybabe:

And you seriously think this is one sure way of installing discipline in a kid? Will you embrace the teacher if your kid was among? probably you have not started having babies, trust me,the moment you do,you will know the feeling that comes with loving one's child. or trust me, poverty and illiteracy can make some parents think this is one of the best ways of correcting a kid. Even as adults, we make the same mistakes these kids make, maybe such punishment should still be passed on to people like you who supports this, u may have forgotten the feelings of such while in public school. Cause this happens only in public schools where the poor can't speak as they have no hope. My dear, if u have children or planing on having, let them have a taste of this everyday, it will help them grow to be successful as u think.
A teacher that beats/punishes my child without cause will have me to contend with. BUT if my child misbehaves, I'll give the Teacher a handshake for doing the needful whether punishment or otherwise.

Those days, I do get punished each time I'm late to school (from primary to secondary). Though I do feel angered but overtime I realised how it has sharpen me.

I love my mom till death but she was a disciplinarian to the core, in fact, she would go extreme (which I don't subscribe to), but her discipline made me a better person. Ditto my Dad.

BTW it wasn't about poverty, an Ex Bestfriend Tega was a typical Ajebutter then. When we fought one day, his mom told a teacher to seriously FLOG us(we were in JS 1 and 10years olds). After the serious lashing, we never fought again grin
Re: How Students Are Punished In Cameroon For Coming Late To School by Nobody: 10:56am On Nov 05, 2016
Tolexander:
It really help you indeed!
Not further test to know that!

The punctuality has made you punctual on this thread and become the FTC

What are you saying?
Re: How Students Are Punished In Cameroon For Coming Late To School by Ratello: 10:56am On Nov 05, 2016
DropShot:

Here he goes again with his 21st Century demonic message that has turned the whole world into a harem of wickedness. What is wrong in corporal punishment just to instil discipline in our kids so that we can enjoy them in our old age? I am sure you stay abroad, I can only pity you.
Re: How Students Are Punished In Cameroon For Coming Late To School by ZoneBslayer(m): 10:57am On Nov 05, 2016
Reading the comments on this thread shows how mentally fvcked up most Nigerian are..their psyche has been fractured and brutalized by the military that they can't Tell right from wrong anymore... None of them stopped to think that maybe if the guardians of these kids knew their responsibility, they will make sure their wards get to school on time..if the government/schools knew their responsibility they will provide adequate transit for these kids to get to school on time..now the kids are taking the fall for the failure of their guardians and government.. Sick people everywhere!

5 Likes

Re: How Students Are Punished In Cameroon For Coming Late To School by omofela85(m): 10:59am On Nov 05, 2016
Tolexander:
This is barbaric!

These children's lateness should be better blamed on their parents, school topography and government.

Seeing the topography of the school, the area seems to be primitive and will likely take these children long distance to trek to school.
Moreover, the soil is wet and muddy. Can't this make the children to be late also?

We talk about being disciplinarian in Africa, yet it is not reflecting in our behavior when we become adult.
you can't blame any parent some young kids just love anything lateness.there's this street bro of mine that is b fashion designer, his apprentice normally come late to work but since i told her that anytime you come late you gat 5 strokes of pankere waiting for you after which you will be sent back, she now comes to work before 8am.
Re: How Students Are Punished In Cameroon For Coming Late To School by matiandu(m): 10:59am On Nov 05, 2016
The name of the school is! Boko haram primary sxool. ;DThe name of the school is! Boko haram primary sxool.
Re: How Students Are Punished In Cameroon For Coming Late To School by TonyeBarcanista(m): 11:00am On Nov 05, 2016
martineverest:
what is bad here?all these ajekpako nigerians will be forming aje-civilisedd

i dont encourage flogging but this is a better purnishment
Some of them matter tire me.
Re: How Students Are Punished In Cameroon For Coming Late To School by DropShot: 11:00am On Nov 05, 2016
musa7m:
musa7m:
Rotentina:

You are not even ashamed of yourself! That is why we have spoilt children all over the nation today!
PUNTUALITY, they says is the sole of every successful enterprise.
mfm04622:

Do you have children? Truthfully, how disciplined are they? What is reprehensible in this? The only way to way to discipline is t attach consequences to mistakes
If you all see nothing wrong in making children of ten years and below kneel in mud and crawl with their knees, I therefore advise you to do same with your kids when you eventually have them.

If you guys like, use big pestle to hit your children or throw them in oven just to make them disciplined. Na una sabi.

2 Likes

Re: How Students Are Punished In Cameroon For Coming Late To School by DropShot: 11:02am On Nov 05, 2016
[s]
Ratello:

Here he goes again with his 21st Century demonic message that has turned the whole world into a harem of wickedness. What is wrong in corporal punishment just to instil discipline in our kids so that we can enjoy them in our old age? I am sure you stay abroad, I can only pity you.
[/s]
Use pestle on yours when you finally have them.
Re: How Students Are Punished In Cameroon For Coming Late To School by Nobody: 11:03am On Nov 05, 2016
as saddistic as making students crawl through mud may be, u dnt tink its up to crawling on cemented ground after which the whole skin on the knee cap peels off or doing endless frog jump to and fro a defined space.
Re: How Students Are Punished In Cameroon For Coming Late To School by bobbybrown007: 11:05am On Nov 05, 2016
DropShot:

then how would they learn? Then you as a parent you must learn to wake up very early and also wake your kids so that when they up and they will prepare early for school
Re: How Students Are Punished In Cameroon For Coming Late To School by Nobody: 11:06am On Nov 05, 2016
Ifeanyi4491:
if u called this Barbaric then what will you call 'pick pin'
The pinshure on your profile no be for here o....lwkmd
Re: How Students Are Punished In Cameroon For Coming Late To School by Tolexander: 11:06am On Nov 05, 2016
Rotentina:

What are you saying?
not your business!
Re: How Students Are Punished In Cameroon For Coming Late To School by Nobody: 11:07am On Nov 05, 2016
DropShot:

If you all see nothing wrong in making children of ten years and below kneel in mud and crawl with their knees, I therefore advise you to do same with your kids when you eventually have them.

If you guys like, use big pestle to hit your children or throw them in oven just to make them disciplined. Na una sabi.
*ghen ghen cummando jumps in*.....for one thing I know bisi alimi's father wishes he had thrown him into an oven when he had the chance.... one pikin no go come kill me o. I go beat sheygey comot for him head if he do anyhow. Discipline.....just too sweet
Re: How Students Are Punished In Cameroon For Coming Late To School by abbeyty(m): 11:07am On Nov 05, 2016
Stevengold:

There should be other measures of punishing students, not this.
Now I see why ppl send there wards out in a civilized country to study.
In as much as I wouldnt like my children to go through this punishment, I don't see why I should treat other ppls children like this.

dont mind them they keep saying it makes them stronger or to become a better person in future, must kids go through all this before he or she becomes a better person, they forgot to see that this kind of punishment also have a negative impact on some kids life. our kids are not animals for cry out loud and we should stop treating them as such.

3 Likes

Re: How Students Are Punished In Cameroon For Coming Late To School by Juzzybabe(f): 11:07am On Nov 05, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

A teacher that beats/punishes my child without cause will have me to contend with. BUT if my child misbehaves, I'll give the Teacher a handshake for doing the needful whether punishment or otherwise.

Those days, I do get punished each time I'm late to school (from primary to secondary). Though I do feel angered but overtime I realised how it has sharpen me.

I love my mom till death but she was a disciplinarian to the core, in fact, she would go extreme (which I don't subscribe to), but her discipline made me a better person. Ditto my Dad.

BTW it wasn't about poverty, an Ex Bestfriend Tega was a typical Ajebutter then. When we fought one day, his mom told a teacher to seriously FLOG us(we were in JS 1 and 10years olds). After the serious lashing, we never fought again grin

Dear, punishment of such leaves most kids feeling very less of themselves among peers. it leaves a psychological effect that grows in them. Do you know that just words can make your kids abide by all regulations? most parents are not just patient enough to have a chat with their kids. either pick pin, pin pick,crawl in bud, carry bag on head and whatever punishment una call it, I will never condone such for my precious child. Train your child from small with good morals accompanied with the word of God and you won't believe who your child will grow to be.

3 Likes

Re: How Students Are Punished In Cameroon For Coming Late To School by SalomonKane: 11:08am On Nov 05, 2016
DropShot:

That's why you should make sure your child don't come to school late.

If your child(ren) is (are) late comers, it shows that you also lack discipline.
Re: How Students Are Punished In Cameroon For Coming Late To School by Deicide: 11:10am On Nov 05, 2016
This is Why the Whites are Better than Africans...

2 Likes

Re: How Students Are Punished In Cameroon For Coming Late To School by autonomous22: 11:11am On Nov 05, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
What is barbaric here? It is discipline my Dear OP. Some of us experienced it while in primary school. For some of us it was kneel down + flogging.

Yes, it made lots of kids understand the importance of punctuality.

Don't wori it awaits ur children...... and na u go cry pass

1 Like

Re: How Students Are Punished In Cameroon For Coming Late To School by Ugosample(m): 11:11am On Nov 05, 2016
DesChyko:
Rubbish thread.
Where is the barbarity here?
Please, stop being whom you are not.
Nigeria is a country with third world problems.
What is this one saying now?

1 Like

Re: How Students Are Punished In Cameroon For Coming Late To School by MrSly(m): 11:11am On Nov 05, 2016
DropShot:

Mr 21st century, discipline is the watch word if children are to be the leaders of tomorrow. What should they do to them? Flog them? kneel them? subject them to frog jump? Either way champions of 21st century must complain.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

JAMB 2013 + CHANGE OF INSTITUTION FORM SOLD HERE / Sex For Grade: Do Female Lecturers Ask For Sex Too? / ABU Zaria Denies Girl Who Scored 302 In JAMB Admission For Medicine & Surgery

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.