Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,392 members, 7,815,834 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:12 PM

The Auction - Literature (31) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Auction (296643 Views)

The Blue Love Story [episode 2 : AUCTION] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) ... (63) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Auction by Nmaglit: 6:36pm On Mar 01, 2017
Lleigh have missed you thanks for all the mentions. love you dear

1 Like

Re: The Auction by nikz(f): 7:26pm On Mar 01, 2017
Hi Leigh welcome back! Can u imagine tunde? Is he aiit?
Re: The Auction by JMK9600(f): 9:51am On Mar 02, 2017
Hi Lleigh welcome back and thanks for the mention. Is it legal to use Tunde for 'awure' sacrifice cos his head don knack ground. Imagine calling himself husband. Women don suffer. Waiting for more updates.
Re: The Auction by Vorigo: 7:57pm On Mar 02, 2017
Finally here

Nice story ma
Re: The Auction by Adesina12: 8:05pm On Mar 02, 2017
Lleigh your signature and green light please

Where is jagugu88li for God sake....needed you in my crib

O ya show face jhoor
Re: The Auction by Nobody: 8:20pm On Mar 02, 2017
Adesina12:
Lleigh your signature and green light please

Where is jagugu88li for God sake....needed you in my crib

O ya show face jhoor
Le hahaha le hahaha (laughing in French), you dey think say i no go reply you? Think em again.

I dey for here my padi. Wey i don sight Lleigh matter, e be like say e dey hide wella for Sambisa Forest. How's my pidgin? cheesy

1 Like

Re: The Auction by Adesina12: 8:53pm On Mar 02, 2017
jagugu88li:
Le hahaha le hahaha (laughing in French), you dey think say i no go reply you? Think em again.

I dey for here my padi. Wey i don sight Lleigh matter, e be like say e dey hide wella for Sambisa Forest. How's my pidgin? cheesy

Wow!!!!!

You blew my imagination

Honestly I tot you won't reply me come a decade but alas!!!

How your bodi...miss you bae grin
Re: The Auction by Nobody: 9:07pm On Mar 02, 2017
Adesina12:

Wow!!!!!

You blew my imagination

Honestly I tot you won't reply me come a decade but alas!!!

How your bodi...miss you bae grin
Chai, see person making me look unreliable. Issokayy

Heeyy, dis my body......e dey do me anyhow dis days. I am sure you're okay though.

Make i go call lleigh. She must come drop a simple hello to rhe house ha ah
Re: The Auction by Adesina12: 9:39pm On Mar 02, 2017
jagugu88li:

Heeyy, dis my body......e dey do me anyhow dis days. I am sure you're okay though.

That is why I love consulting the oracle in your abode u always know Lleigh hide out

Waiting patiently
Re: The Auction by Smooth278(m): 12:32pm On Mar 03, 2017
jagugu88li:

Please call her sharply oh.... Men don wait tire... We don even enter joint dey drink dey wait...

1 Like

Re: The Auction by chade(f): 7:53pm On Mar 03, 2017
Waoh.... Am happy i decided to read dis story. . It was more than I expected....

. .. . To be sincere I love dis piece.... Kudos ma'am
Re: The Auction by harunablezin(f): 6:44pm On Mar 04, 2017
waoh! wat a mind blowing story....my able author kip d gud work going
Re: The Auction by harrygold: 8:08am On Mar 06, 2017
awaiting update
Re: The Auction by EpBerezi(m): 8:04am On Mar 14, 2017
Lleigh we're still patiently waiting on you to update. Your story Is captivating. Don't leave us hanging like that please. Thank you
Re: The Auction by Adesina12: 2:49pm On Mar 25, 2017
All these while Lleigh refused to show face or say hi...there is God ooooo

Even jagugu88li my padi gangan has stop relating recently....na life be this

How I wish I meet you gals for the club!!!!

My popcorn is sweeter than before....just to let you ni ooo

Lleigh God is your strength
Re: The Auction by rosalieene(f): 5:27pm On Mar 27, 2017
Lleigh plz come and update Na
don't let this great story die naturally
Re: The Auction by Vorigo: 12:28pm On Mar 28, 2017
Adesina12:

What if jagugu88li and Lleigh are the same person? Have you thought of that? Why else would they disappear at the same time.

Btw, reading jagugu88li's comments, you can tell she knows more than the definition of more.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Auction by teel123(f): 9:16pm On Apr 18, 2017
Lleigh i hope you are well. BEST is yours.

1 Like

Re: The Auction by yusufibrahim(m): 8:46am On Apr 19, 2017
Leigh Don disappear again o wen will u come back again MA I love this piece weldone

1 Like

Re: The Auction by BlissfulJeff(m): 9:01pm On Apr 21, 2017
pls update o
Re: The Auction by Lleigh(f): 5:26pm On Jun 18, 2017
Hi Everyone,

Hope everyone is well, sorry for the absence a few things have happened. But I am thankful.

I am really sorry for being away for soo long. Please accept my apologies.

So back to where we left off.......................

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Auction by Lleigh(f): 5:27pm On Jun 18, 2017
Vorigo:
What if jagugu88li and Lleigh are the same person? Have you thought of that? Why else would they disappear at the same time.

Btw, reading jagugu88li's comments, you can tell she knows more than the definition of more.

very interesting premise. We are not the same person smiley
Re: The Auction by Lleigh(f): 5:39pm On Jun 18, 2017
Chapter 32

cc swann, Adesina12, Aitee1, soleski01, Lawlahdey, girlhaley, sexybbstar, jagugu88li, ADECULATE, Amenaghwon, okorro1, Simplebea, Nmaglit,
DADDYSLY, osleek, xamster, sirOrubebe, Bobbybube, julietogbo, Zehner, itsandi, ROYH, Osman1966, chii8, tonye72, Winters22, omamush, Twinkle004, Creeza, skarlett, bibijay123, debra101, samyfreshsmooth, mozb, prinxxdave, cutietee, kinah, IamLukas, harameede99, ladySuperb, dominicnuel, sod09, chara019, yorhmienerd, obumsway, teel123, Pureheart91, Mobecs, latbas, DarkRebel101, Babsopey, Angelinastto, skarlett, Chumzypinky, opal4real, Mobecs, latbas, biafraBushBoy, AndyAustin, kingsmith4, ladyverere, KunkeAkinola, rachealfst, mrsuccessful, JMK9600, Michelle55, Audrinakane, Smooth278, Ashley87, Sonamjs, nastynic, orluuchi, brighttech95, DavidPaul, Tuhndhay, MozB, Kaycee625, Perfectionist11, otunbaphemie, Missmossy, skillz121, samwise180, Lastking147, richommie, nairaland94, suffy834, Prinxxdave, emmynku, aryan28, bossy512, sod09, rachealfst, nikz, BlissfulJef, ladySuperb, davspog2, TeleboiZ005, Michelle55, sunshine46, IemFava, segunjowo, harrygold, estie92, clitx, tusinsola, yusufibrahim, nikz, vorigo, BlissfulJeff, yusufibrahim, rosalieene, EpBerezi, chade, harunablezin,

Tunde stood staring out of the window of his hotel room the warmth of the afternoon sunshine on his face, briefly lifted him from his torpor and his laboured breathing. He watched on enviously as the people below him walked swiftly and purposefully on the pavement outside. They walked the walk of the fit and healthy, the only people dragging their heels were the elderly and the toddlers.

He held on to the window sill as he tried to recover from his walk, as he tried to normalise his breathing. The six minute walk from the station to the hotel room had winded and exhausted him, he was still out of breath. Google maps had said it was a two minute walk but it had taken him ten.

He was not used to walking around coming from Lagos where he had been used to having his driver whizz him around everywhere, even if he could have done the journey by foot. No one in Lagos walked; well not if you had a driver.

London on the other hand most people did and the amount of stairs London had was just something else he did not enjoy.

‘I am really unfit,’ he thought to himself.

The Doctor in Lagos had told him the same thing.

He went over to the chair in the room and slumped his frame onto the chair. He leaned over and opened the bottle of water the maid had left on the bedside table, he took a sip and set the bottle back on the table. He bent over to take off his shoes, which proved difficult for him to do as his stomach was in the way.

‘When did I become so fat, that I can’t even undo my own shoes?’ he whispered out loud.

He cast his mind back to the news the Doctor in Lagos had given him; he had been sitting in the waiting room when the Doctor came over to him and led him into his office. The fact that the nurse had not come out to get him had been a sure sign that it was going to be bad news.

‘Please sit down Mr Oyelowo,’ the Doctor said.

‘The results of the tests we performed show that you have syphilis; unfortunately from what I can see it has been in your body for a long time---’

‘That’s impossible, you don’t know what you are talking about.’ Tunde banged his fist on the table, making the Doctor’s pens and pad fly off the table and hit the floor with a thud.

‘Sir---’ the Doctor continued, as he bent down to retrieve his pens and pad from the floor.

‘You will have to do your tests again, I do not have syphilis!’ Tunde shouted at the Doctor who was now sitting upright on the other side of the desk.

Tunde’s heart was beating erratically in fear and confusion.

Syphilis ke! No effing way could that be possible.

‘Sir, I performed the tests twice, just to be sure’ the Doctor continued. ‘As I did not like what I was seeing. I would advise you to get a second opinion.’

‘Are you married Sir?’ The Doctor asked.

‘As you will need to ensure that your wife gets treated as well.’

‘I am not married, my wife decided to divorce me because she could not accept the fact of me taking on another wife.’ He replied to the Doctor’s question.

The Doctor stared at him before continuing.

‘When was the last time you slept with your wife?’ The Doctor asked, as he scribbled notes on his notepad.

‘It must have been more than two years ago. I could not be bothered to go near her. The only thing she was good for was cooking. Her other duties left a lot to be desired.’ Tunde replied.

Tunde was oblivious to the look the Doctor gave him as his eyes went over his frame.

‘What about your new wife, when was the last time you slept with her?’

‘Do you have regular sex with her?’ the Doctor continued.

‘What I am asking you Mr Oyelowo is who your current regular sex partner is?’

‘If you have not been sleeping with your first wife who have you been sleeping with?’

‘I know you must feel that I am bombarding you with a lot of questions, but we need to find out what is wrong with you,’ the Doctor said, as he put down his pen and stared at Tunde.

‘My soon to be second wife recently, before she went to look after her sick father in her village,’ Tunde replied.

The room went quiet as the enormity of his own words sunk in.

‘Doctor, you said it has been in my body for a while. How long?’ Tunde asked as his the tremor in his voice travelled to his fingers on the table.

‘At least a year if not more and unfortunately you have left it untreated, it has caused damage to your nervous system. Which is probably why you have been complaining about tiredness. I believe there could be more damage than what I can see here.’ The Doctor replied.

‘You must be wrong,’ Tunde insisted.

‘I don’t have syphilis. I just need to lose weight, get fit and I will be fine.’ Tunde said, as the expression on the Doctor’s face belied the optimism he hoped to infuse into his words.

He thought back to all the times Enitan had tried to get him to change his diet and get him to exercise, he had not listened.

He had purposely dismissed her opinions as he knew it would hurt her, he had gained perverse pleasure in hurting her feelings.

‘Sir, if you have the means I would advise you to go to England. I have a friend who works in one of the hospitals there, he could help you with a second opinion and you will have access to a lot more tests. In the meantime here are some drugs I would recommend you to take for the time being,’ the Doctor said.

Tunde had left the hospital that day in Lagos in a daze, he had tried Linda’s number again it was switched off.

The Doctor had to be wrong; there was no way the Linda was such a diseased girl. She didn’t even have a boyfriend.

But the image of what he had found in the flat came swiftly to his mind and helped shatter those rose tinted illusions.

He still hadn’t cleaned out the flat, he hadn’t the heart to throw out Linda’s stuff. He wanted to talk to her first to find out what was happening. His friends had branded him delusional; they had tried to take him for deliverance from Linda, but he had refused. His friends in turn had steered clear of him telling him that he had been brain washed.

Enitan on the other hand; that was a totally different matter. He had been ready for her, he had been eagerly waiting for her to come and lay claim to their joint stuff. Waiting to give her a good verbal abusive onslaught and more, he had been spoiling for a fight.

But she hadn’t even bothered to come back to the house for the stuff he had thought mattered to her.

How was she living?

He had thought she would be back to get her things and most probably sell them to raise money. Since she had been sacked from her job at the bank, he had thought he would now have her under his mercy.

But things had not gone that way, she had decided to leave Nigeria and go to England.

The kids had not been too happy with him either; they had not been returning his calls and they had taken their Mother’s side in the things that were happening.

He sighed and looked around the room, his suitcase was in one corner of the room. He hadn’t bothered to empty the suitcase so his clothes were strewn on top of it in an untidy mess. The mess his clothes were in, mirroring the situation he currently found himself in.

Enitan had left him; Linda was nowhere to be seen and the Doctor in London had just confirmed in graphic detail the death sentence fate had dealt him.

He was still in shock.

He had argued with the Doctor, but the MRI scan that had stared back at him could not be argued with.

According to Dr White, at the Queen Charlotte hospital that afternoon, he would be lucky if he lasted nine months.

The damage the syphilis had done and was still wrecking, was severe.

‘How could I have not known?’ Tunde asked the Doctor.

‘You could have been asymptomatic, luckily the blood test picked up the cause of what you thought was tiredness and forgetfulness.’ The Doctor continued.

‘If I were you, Tunde, I would go and get my affairs in order.’ Dr White had said to him, the compassion obvious in his eyes.

‘You also need to tell your partner or wife regarding this diagnosis, so that she can get treated’ the Doctor said.

‘Get your affairs in order,’ those words reverberated through his head again, as he burst into tears.

Alone in his room with no comfort from any loved ones… At that moment it all looked bleak and hopeless.

‘How had this happened to me?’ He thought to himself.

‘Who gave me this disease?’ The images of the various women he had slept with flashed through his mind.

Was it Linda?

Anger and despair battled for supremacy in his thoughts. He had always thought such things happened to other people.

‘How will I tell the kids?’ He whispered into the room.

A wave of longing suddenly engulfed him, he yearned for Enitan’s wise words and warm embrace. Another beautiful side to Enitan he had just remembered, he did not want to die alone.

He tried to banish the gloomy prognosis the Doctor had given him.

‘The Doctor could be wrong, miracles did happen.’ He said to himself.

He picked up his phone from the side table and started entering the numbers onto the keypad.

He was calling Enitan.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Auction by Lleigh(f): 5:40pm On Jun 18, 2017
BlissfulJeff:
pls update o

Hi BlissfulJeff done, sorry for the delay
Re: The Auction by Lleigh(f): 5:41pm On Jun 18, 2017
Adesina12:

Hello Adesina12, hope you and the popcorn are well
Re: The Auction by Nobody: 5:46pm On Jun 18, 2017
Walks into nairaland.....sees two mentions......cant believe what she is seeing and so she rechecks

*clears throat*

GOOD PEOPLE OF NIGERIA, TH3 LENGEND HAS RETURNED......AND SHE WISHES TO *make I go buy drinks first*

Adesina12 Girlhaley Lawlahdey Nerul Mhisgaga Qeenitee
Kimkardashian (my padi is back....have respect for me or else) + Ayoomolabake
Yorhmienerd Ayamconfindence Hadampson
KimberlyWest (tell that geh i dey com...wen i reach e no go go well for her)

.....SHE WISHES TO REWELCOME YOU ALL

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Auction by Hadampson(m): 7:00pm On Jun 18, 2017
jagugu88li:
Walks into nairaland.....sees two mentions......cant believe what she is seeing and so she rechecks

*clears throat*

GOOD PEOPLE OF NIGERIA, TH3 LENGEND HAS RETURNED......AND SHE WISHES TO *make I go buy drinks first*

I don get mention... Godwin!!
Jagugu88li how you take know my taste, i never read am o buh i know the story go sweet wella. Make i call my sugar_bae Evajael to come join me for this great ride ayam about to embark on

Stepheegee12, jane1234f, mhizgap, ur seat are reserved.

1 Like

Re: The Auction by Audrinakane(f): 7:38pm On Jun 18, 2017
YAY!!!!!! She is back. I have missed you so much and I thought you have abandoned the story. Thank you for not forgetting us and I look forward to more updates and also thank you for the mention. Meanwhile Linda's torture should continue and Tunde should not even try to blackmail Enitan emotionally because she had moved on. I love you so much :- kiss
Re: The Auction by Lleigh(f): 7:40pm On Jun 18, 2017
jagugu88li:

*clears throat*

I will buy you drinks kiss
Re: The Auction by Sonamjs: 8:10pm On Jun 18, 2017
Re: The Auction by Lleigh(f): 8:13pm On Jun 18, 2017
Audrinakane:
YAY!!!!!! She is back. I have missed you so much and I thought you have abandoned the story. Thank you for not forgetting us and I look forward to more updates and also thank you for the mention. Meanwhile Linda's torture should continue and Tunde should not even try to blackmail Enitan emotionally because she had moved on. I love you so much :- kiss

Hi Aidrinakane thank you for sticking with me and coming to read this.

More adventures ahead kiss

1 Like

Re: The Auction by Wane2: 8:18pm On Jun 18, 2017
Ah finally she's back, I almost gave up on this story, but I never unfollowed it. I hope you will see it through to the end this time? cheesy

1 Like 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) ... (63) (Reply)

His Neighbor's Wife / *The Players Curse* / Sex Na Food (Pidgin Comedy Edition) Story Of A Rugged Guy By Youngzubi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.