Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,050 members, 7,821,613 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:40 PM

The Auction - Literature (50) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Auction (297001 Views)

The Blue Love Story [episode 2 : AUCTION] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) ... (63) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Auction by Lleigh(f): 12:02pm On Jul 15, 2017
Chapter 43

He was right, it was going to be a feel and tell. She was in his body seeing and feeling what he was experiencing. It was scary, she could not breath, she thought she was going crazy.

The feeling of possessing another body freaked her out as her sight of vision changed. She was conscious of her own mind and knew she should not be in the boy’s body, but it was a strange feeling that she could not really describe. The body she was in led her to a room....she was now living through the nightmare the boy wanted to show her.

It was dark with lots of burning candles dotted around the room, creating dark moody shadows in the flickering flames. There were no windows that he could see; the walls were white with various masks on the walls, more menacing than the ones he remembered seeing in the living room earlier.

There were wooden carved figures dotted around the room as well, also similar to the ones in the living room. They looked like some of the things he had seen in his old village when he had gone with his Mummy to visit the local doctor.

The things he saw there had always left him scared; why, he didn’t know but he always had horrific traumatic nightmares after going there.
The nightmares always had his Mummy rushing into his room in the middle of the night, comforting him when he woke up screaming and shaking with fear.

He thought he was having a nightmare when he noticed a wooden figure near him in the room; it was nearly as tall as him, large bulging lifelike eyes had been painstakingly carved into the wood, the paint used for the white of the eyes had been spotted with red paint, that red paint was now seeping from the eye balls, obliterating the pupils, literally crying blood.

It looked menacing and frightening in the dim lighting of the room, like one of the monsters that inhabited dark places in the forests of his old village.

In his childish mind the wooden figure looked very lifelike; the eyes were aware, watching, waiting patiently and filled with mysterious promise waiting to be fulfilled.

He opened his mouth, trying to force his stomach muscles to bring out a scream, realization quickly dawning on him that he could not, his muscles did not and could not respond.

The thing, as it stared at him, the eyes soo real to him, fiery red, blinking and staring at him in the shadowy room, like magnets to his soul. The glance made the hairs on his arms stand up, as goose bumps and shivers followed like the breath of a corpse on a cold night.
Right before his eyes, a change started, as something ghostly briefly materialised from within the carving.

Standing before him was a wraithlike figure with skin hanging off its body like rags, the eyes red and fiery, the mouth grinning with secretive knowledge, as a cooing guttural sound came from its throat.
Accompanying the apparition was the smell of freshly dug earth, and then it was gone as fast it appeared.
Like mist on a hot morning the earthy scent fading away in its wake.

‘Uncle’, he cried, trying to lift up his head and talk, but his limbs did not respond, could not respond, his body felt very heavy and tired, as invisible hands held him down, the hands pushing down on his chest felt like a concrete pillow pinning him down on the hard surface. He started panicking as his young heart beat furiously against his chest straining his ability to breath.

Something in his subconscious mind was telling him this was not a dream.

He moved his eyes to look around the room and noticed that his hands and feet were tied onto a table. He tried moving his arms and legs again, but he couldn’t nor could he properly feel his arms or legs, yet he could see everything that was happening in the room.

He heard someone chanting as if in prayer and repeating his name over and over again. His eyes moved to the right and saw the man he called ‘Uncle’ and an older man speaking or praying, he could not tell, in front of the wooden figure. At its feet were what looked like two calabash bowls; his eyes straining trying to see what was in them.

A hot breath on his eyes drew him back to the eyes of the figurine.

He tried to will himself out of his dream, his Mummy had taught him that he should just tell himself that he was dreaming and he would wake up. However, he realized that this would not happen as the Uncle and his friend – an old man, with grey hair, shorter than his Uncle, with deep gashes on his face - approached him on the table. The old man had necklaces of different kinds of shells around his neck and he was wearing a white sheet round his waist. The man he called Uncle, was naked apart from a pair of white boxers; he had red marks smeared on his forehead. He dreaded to think that it was blood on his forehead.

The two men stood near him as the intensity of their chanting increased; the heavy atmosphere in the room becoming more menacing, as he wracked his brain to try and translate the language being said by the old man.

‘Oh mighty Aje Shula’

‘we are your lowly servants, we come to worship you’

‘we come to serve you’

‘Please look on our sacrifice to you well, your mighty one’

‘Please grant us all your particular blessings with this sacrifice’

‘Please take this boy as your sacrifice, may his blood, his limbs and his heart be worthy and accepted by you’

The man waved around what looked like an animal hair fly swat while he was chanting. The more waving he did, the more real the wraith shape coming from the figurine became. It managed to keep its shape for longer periods of time, the smell of fresh earth lingering for longer becoming more pungent.

The chanting and the waving giving the image substance, it was feeding on the words and the adulation the men were giving it. He closed his eyes, trying to shake his head from side to side, trying to get rid of the dream and the horrible images. ‘I am dreaming, I am dreaming, I am dreaming,’ he repeated to himself over and over again wishing that his Mummy was there in the room to comfort him.

His heart pumping furiously to the beat of the fear he was feeling, straining his young heart even more. His heart felt as if it was too big for his chest, he could not breath properly.

His Uncle and the old man moved in closer to him on the table standing over him, chanting and singing, shaking the wand over his head. He was crying, screaming Mummy, Mummy he cried out, but no sound emitted from his mouth, he was scared and alone. He wanted his Mummy to comfort him and tell him that everything was going to be OK, but she wasn’t there as the tears slid silently down his cheeks.

A movement towards his right caught his eye as he realised that his Uncle had moved slightly, so that he was now leaning over his neck, with what looked like an axe. Its blade shining brilliantly in the candlelight, the edges so bright it looked like diamonds had been forged into its lethal cutting edge. In that split second understanding dawned on him, he knew then what was about to happen.

Time froze.

His short life flashed before him.

He remembered being warned by his Mummy and the elders not to venture out too far when playing, there were people who took children away, they repeated all the time.

He thought of his Mummy, her smiling face as he craved her arms around him to hold him, her voice to sooth him, her smell to reassure him.
Time began again for him.

He was still thinking about his Mummy’s loving arms when the axe came down and severed his head.

The blood spurting freely from his severed neck was quickly caught in one of the bowls in front of the carved deity, his arms and feet were cut off, blood needed for other rituals was collected into other bowls.

The third figure in the room was given his heart.

With a sudden jolt Linda was back in the crate, her heart beating wildly. She couldn’t not control it she threw up as the swoosh sound of the blade echoed again and again in her in her head.

The image of the child’s head rolling on the floor, feet away from the body made her heave again.

The image of the legs and arms being hacked off the body stayed with her, it was gruesome. But not as gruesome as the way they had hacked into his body to take his heart.

What had she done?

What in the name of all things HOLY had been the thing that had taken and eaten the boy’s heart. That thing had not been human, it had become human by eating the boy’s heart.

Now she understood what Lucien had said to her, she had made a grave mistake.

Snippets of Lucien’s words came back to her ‘Linda that one act you engaged in, throwing that baby off that bridge created a number of far reaching consequences. You set in motion a sequence of events, the repercussions of which will be catastrophic for you

She remembered the sadness in his voice and eyes when he delivered the next sentence ‘there are some children….’ He did not finish the sentence.

She also remembered the other thing he had gone on about ‘when people curse you and they call on the names of their dead generational ancestors on both sides of their parental lineage, then you know you are in real sh!t

Linda did not need a babalawo or a Pastor to state the obvious to her; she was in deep sh!t so deep she wandered if she would be able to get her head out of the quagmire of the spiritual war she had inadvertently called upon herself.

Who were the people who had taken that child?

Who really was the Father of her child?

For a dead child to have this much power was just unimaginable.

It now dawned on her that the spirit of the child was somehow behind all the misfortunes she currently found herself in.

It had to be; as with every lash, every indignity, Lucien had always banged on about the child she threw over the bridge.

It had always been about the child.

Oh God!! What have I done?

Deep in her heart she knew the child was hers, Mother Nature had played a cruel trick on her. The boy was the carbon copy of her father when he had been a young boy. She had seen a lot of pictures of him as a boy, it was like she was feeling the wrath of her departed Father.

For the first time in her adult life Linda knelt down to pray and to ask God for forgiveness, she had sinned.

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The Auction by Lleigh(f): 12:05pm On Jul 15, 2017
Oyindawealth:
D update is interesting as usual, but it's kinda short... Patiently waiting 4 more plss....thanks.

Oyindawealth a lengthy update (I hope you agree smiley ) has dropped.

I will now take a break from Linda...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Auction by Lleigh(f): 12:07pm On Jul 15, 2017
janeade:
thumbs up..but Lleigh wen is d next update

janeade it has just been updated thank you
Re: The Auction by Lleigh(f): 12:38pm On Jul 15, 2017
Majesticniyi:

She's not just sick, she's perverted! Nice story but I wonder how twisted her mind is for her to come up with this. I don't pray to come across someone like you in real life.

No vex of.... Just my opinion

Majesticniyi I no vex o. grin
Re: The Auction by surddick(m): 12:46pm On Jul 15, 2017
dominique:

Can't wait to see what she encounters there. I won't be able to read how her baby died sha, don't think my heart will be able to take it embarassed

All that torture can make person Hallucinate in different dimensions

ok, if its her hallucinating no probs buh dat she is seeing her baby dat i wont take
Re: The Auction by Oyindawealth(f): 2:32pm On Jul 15, 2017
Lleigh:

Oyindawealth a lengthy update (I hope you agree smiley ) has dropped.

I will now take a break from Linda...
I totally agree... Linda should continue 2 Pray 4 forgiveness, our God is a merciful God, and it's only him dat can help Linda out of this sh*t she has put herself into...Liegh u've done well...but please don't leave Linda alone now... Na beg a dey beg oooo....
Re: The Auction by soleski01(m): 2:51pm On Jul 15, 2017
Lindalu! O maa se o!

Intriguing, I must say.

Madame Lleigh, eku ise takun takun.
Re: The Auction by Nobody: 3:00pm On Jul 15, 2017
Adesina12:
Something like that abi jagugu88li dear
Yeah Lleigh. Something between those lines. And to think we though we would keep ut a secret. Oh boo, I think I will have a chamce to be fully here maybe on Monday.
Re: The Auction by Audrinakane(f): 4:34pm On Jul 15, 2017
Lleight, nice update. Thank you. I have a question, is this story linked to the The River story because the death scene of the child is similar to that of the boy killed in the river by Charles. Interesting though,keep it up

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Auction by Lleigh(f): 4:54pm On Jul 15, 2017
Audrinakane:
Lleigh, nice update. Thank you. I have a question, is this story linked to the The River story because the death scene of the child is similar to that of the boy killed in the river by Charles. Interesting though,keep it up

Hi Audrinakane, I did predict someone would call it out.

Yes this story is linked to 'The River' it always has been.

Hence why I said I would need to catch up on a few things, The River being one of them.

'The Auction just seemed to push along quicker for me than The River.

I think the boy in the River scared me a lot wink

But I think I have banished the writers block, plus I have to do a lot of research on things.

We need to leave Linda for a while to reflect on what has happened before we return to her.

Thank you Audrinakane for reading my stories...

going back to the dark room smiley

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Auction by Audrinakane(f): 5:17pm On Jul 15, 2017
Lleigh:

Hi Audrinakane, I did predict someone would call it out.

Yes this story is linked to 'The River' it always has been.

Hence why I said I would need to catch up on a few things, The River being one of them.

'The Auction just seemed to push along quicker for me than The River.

I think the boy in the River scared me a lot wink

But I think I have banished the writers block, plus I have to do a lot of research on things.

We need to leave Linda for a while to reflect on what has happened before we return to her.

Thank you Audrinakane for reading my stories...

going back to the dark room smiley

Thank you for the reply. My guts were right. Please do catch up with The River because I miss that story terribly. Charles was a rich guy in the river and also the Auction. I am now trying to link the stories more. Waiting for an update in the River story for more clues.
You are so good.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Auction by nikz(f): 5:22pm On Jul 15, 2017
This is serious oh! God pls help Linda. She knows she has sinned but have mercy Lord

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Auction by EvaJael(f): 5:24pm On Jul 15, 2017
Mehn I had a nightmare.about Linda and I stayed awake after that till daybreak. Thank God we're taking a break from her. Lleigh I'm officially afraid of u

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Auction by Lleigh(f): 5:35pm On Jul 15, 2017
Audrinakane:

Thank you for the reply. My guts were right. Please do catch up with The River because I miss that story terribly. Charles was a rich guy in the river and also the Auction. I am now trying to link the stories more. Waiting for an update in the River story for more clues.
You are so good.

Aidrinakane thank you.

I will be back there soon, research and going out to question people takes time.

1 Like

Re: The Auction by Lleigh(f): 5:37pm On Jul 15, 2017
EvaJael:
Mehn I had a nightmare.about Linda and I stayed awake after that till daybreak. Thank God we're taking a break from her. Lleigh I'm officially afraid of u

Evajael I know how you feel.

I can't write the scenes at night shocked

Yes we need a break.

Linda please don't call us yet..

But Evajael wait o ..there is a #teamlinda
Re: The Auction by Lleigh(f): 5:39pm On Jul 15, 2017
nikz:
This is serious oh! God pls help Linda. She knows she has sinned but have mercy Lord

As Oyindawealth said it ..

Our Lord is a merciful God...

Thank you for reading and commenting nikz
Re: The Auction by Audrinakane(f): 5:45pm On Jul 15, 2017
Lleigh:

Aidrinakane thank you.

I will be back there soon, research and going out to question people takes time.

Alright dear ,take all the time you need but please one more question
Is Lucien the third among the triplets?
Re: The Auction by EvaJael(f): 5:45pm On Jul 15, 2017
Lleigh:

Evajael I know how you feel.

I can't write the scenes at night shocked

Yes we need a break.

Linda please don't call us yet..

But Evajael wait o ..there is a #teamlinda
I think I'll join the team. I can't even wish my worst enemy such suffering
Re: The Auction by Lleigh(f): 5:47pm On Jul 15, 2017
EvaJael:

I think I'll join the team. I can't even wish my worst enemy such suffering

I need to scroll back to find who started it. Brb

Just2million meet EvaJael she wants in on #teamlinda
Re: The Auction by Lleigh(f): 5:50pm On Jul 15, 2017
EvaJael:

EvaJael don't fear me I am scared of cockroaches..big time
Re: The Auction by Just2million(m): 7:07pm On Jul 15, 2017
Kamelot77:
Lleigh u are amazing....... cant even predict linda future
I thougt i was the only one... #TeamLinda

1 Like

Re: The Auction by Just2million(m): 7:10pm On Jul 15, 2017
Lleigh:

I need to scroll back to find who started it. Brb

Just2million meet EvaJael she wants in on #teamlinda

EvaJeal you are fee to join #teamlinda jare.. How can somebori b suffering like that...
Leigh we r waiting update ooo
Re: The Auction by Just2million(m): 7:12pm On Jul 15, 2017
Lleigh:

You're scared of cockroach with this hyperactive imagination Haba??
Re: The Auction by queenitee(f): 7:12pm On Jul 15, 2017
Phew, poor Kara
Re: The Auction by Lleigh(f): 7:20pm On Jul 15, 2017
Just2million:

You're scared of cockroach with this hyperactive imagination Haba??

I know right, but those things scare me, for some it is spiders for me it is cockroach.

I scream, then realise the cockroach will not answer me undecided
Re: The Auction by Lleigh(f): 7:20pm On Jul 15, 2017
queenitee:
Phew, poor Kara

smiley

1 Like

Re: The Auction by Ansasan(f): 8:16pm On Jul 15, 2017
Wow
Re: The Auction by EvaJael(f): 8:57pm On Jul 15, 2017
Lleigh:

Wow! You're my partner be that. I'm scared of every insect

1 Like

Re: The Auction by EvaJael(f): 8:58pm On Jul 15, 2017
Just2million:

EvaJeal you are fee to join #teamlinda jare.. How can somebori b suffering like that...
Leigh we r waiting update ooo
Thank u o. Glad sombori feels the way I do

2 Likes

Re: The Auction by harunablezin(f): 10:00pm On Jul 15, 2017
Linda y waited till now before u ask for forgiveness?

1 Like

Re: The Auction by bummybummy(f): 10:34pm On Jul 15, 2017
Linda u just tink of asking for forgiveness wen u av done series of atrocities

1 Like

Re: The Auction by Majesticniyi(m): 10:38pm On Jul 15, 2017
Adesina12:

Chaii Iyaf finish my fwend... angry grin

My oga, I'm sapoisexual and so I respect intelligent minds. I just get scared of them...especially when their imaginations run wild.

1 Like 4 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) ... (63) (Reply)

His Neighbor's Wife / *The Players Curse* / Sex Na Food (Pidgin Comedy Edition) Story Of A Rugged Guy By Youngzubi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.