Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,813 members, 7,813,682 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:12 PM

PHOTOS: Nigerian Army Modifies Logo - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PHOTOS: Nigerian Army Modifies Logo (69266 Views)

PHOTOS: Nigerian Stock Exchange Honours Aishat Oshoala / Seven Photos Nigerian Police Would Want Removed From Internet / Nigerian Army Lieutenant Killed In Boko Haram Attack (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PHOTOS: Nigerian Army Modifies Logo by chimaobinelson(m): 3:03pm On Nov 05, 2016
ibabkr:
Why displaying ur ignorance freely to Nairalanders? That's not a portion from the Qur'an, it's actually an Arabic way of saying' Victory is from God alone'
Come to think of this: why is there a cross on red cross logo?
Why is there a cross on Nigerian navy's logo? Are they meant for Christians?

from the way those uninformed liliputians mobed u with likes, you must be feelin kingly like a cockrel that just descended from the back of a hen.
To mind like me, you a iconic stupidity is legendary, i couldnt help but SMH when
reading you gbberish mombo-jumbo.
well in every ninsense is sense,because your comment clearly accentuate d level
of mental debridement goin on up
North which health cum religious sector
should jointly tame

1 Like

Re: PHOTOS: Nigerian Army Modifies Logo by PAQ(m): 3:05pm On Nov 05, 2016
mashnino:
100% of the people making a fuss out of this didn't know the logo has always had an arabic text on it..

Why don't the american people complain about how there is latin on their currency?

Nigerians and hypocrisy..

Latin is one of the ten languages that made up our modern day English Language. What does Arabic have to do with Nigeria? EVen core northerners who go to Arabic countries cant speak the language or understand apart from reciting words from the holy book.

It doesnt bother me what is there but wouldnt it be better if it were English, a Nigerian language or even a combination of Nigerian languages? Rather than a language 90% of Nigerians cant understand.

1 Like

Re: PHOTOS: Nigerian Army Modifies Logo by aresssa: 3:07pm On Nov 05, 2016
Igbos and religious bigots have something to cry about as usual....

useless losers..
Re: PHOTOS: Nigerian Army Modifies Logo by magzey: 3:07pm On Nov 05, 2016
ARABIC WORD DOESNT ALWAYS MEAN QURAN .BUT THE MEANING OF THE ARABIC INSCRIPTIONS - means -"Victory is from God."
Re: PHOTOS: Nigerian Army Modifies Logo by Surd2121(m): 3:14pm On Nov 05, 2016
y'all be bitching around and acting like the nincompoop you bunch are, the Arabic inscription has always been there. Mofos

1 Like

Re: PHOTOS: Nigerian Army Modifies Logo by PoundspassDolla(m): 3:15pm On Nov 05, 2016
prof12:

Stop being an illiterate. Arabic inscription is a form of writing of a language.
so in a secular country like Nigeria,should your Arabic inscription be encourage to be use in the Nigeria army logo? Is your father the owner of Nigeria? Abeg get behind me,,, Satan.

1 Like

Re: PHOTOS: Nigerian Army Modifies Logo by mystmoze(m): 3:16pm On Nov 05, 2016
vedaxcool:

Na so they use lies during election against PMB but God shamed them well well
and u and I are suffering it together
Re: PHOTOS: Nigerian Army Modifies Logo by PoundspassDolla(m): 3:19pm On Nov 05, 2016
ApenaEde:

YES. If u ar unhappy go to Rome
no.... You will take your logo and go join your brothers in Syria...

1 Like

Re: PHOTOS: Nigerian Army Modifies Logo by oluwaseunamos33(m): 3:20pm On Nov 05, 2016
PoundspassDolla:
Why should there be quaran on it, is Nigeria an Islamic country.
My bro. Don't mind them ooo, na the time of ibb and our past leaders them go register our country as islamic country. That's why u see muslims in the northern side misbehaving, killings christians up and down. God go help us

1 Like

Re: PHOTOS: Nigerian Army Modifies Logo by PoundspassDolla(m): 3:22pm On Nov 05, 2016
Opeade939:
See question..
where is the answer?
Re: PHOTOS: Nigerian Army Modifies Logo by PoundspassDolla(m): 3:30pm On Nov 05, 2016
sod09:
its Arabic.... a language not quran
OK... But Nigeria have other languages or the English general accepted language which can be used for proper clarification.

1 Like

Re: PHOTOS: Nigerian Army Modifies Logo by Emmayur(m): 3:58pm On Nov 05, 2016
zikter:
my brother, I wonder why we think so backward in this nation. one person will put up a misleading headline and many will not think critically, only to swallow it hook and line. watch and see how no body will answer about the crosses. am a Christian but some of these issues are too trivial to waste time on.

Keeping quite and looking changed the religious status quo of Asia minor from being nations with christianity as their religion to the Islamic nation that thry sre now.

Check out the nation of Turkey.
Re: PHOTOS: Nigerian Army Modifies Logo by ItzHoludex(m): 4:05pm On Nov 05, 2016
Airoflaw:
it already happening.hmmmm
exactly wat am thinking

1 Like

Re: PHOTOS: Nigerian Army Modifies Logo by ItzHoludex(m): 4:08pm On Nov 05, 2016
sod09:
its Arabic.... a language not quran

no doubt abt dat,bt if arabic is a lang. den I cnt recall when Nigeria became an Arabic speaking nation instead of english

1 Like

Re: PHOTOS: Nigerian Army Modifies Logo by deliveryboy: 4:18pm On Nov 05, 2016
The OP is very mischievous, the inscription is not from the Holy Quran, it is rather an Arabic word saying "Victory is from God". There are many symbols with roots in the church. The academic gown (matriculation and convocation gowns) originated from the English church. Also, the wig worn by lawyers and judges have their roots in the church. We have our weekends on Saturdays and SUNDAYS and not Fridays. The long vacation in our educational system is there to cater for Christians to allow them time for their festivities. Christians on nairaland wish to expunge anything Islamic from national records and promote Christianity with vigor all at the same time.
Re: PHOTOS: Nigerian Army Modifies Logo by deliveryboy: 4:26pm On Nov 05, 2016
ItzHoludex:

no doubt abt dat,bt if arabic is a lang. den I cnt recall when Nigeria became an Arabic speaking nation instead of english

Ubi Jus Ibi Remedium is a Latin legal maxim which means "where there is a right there is a remedy, it is the motto of legal system in even in Nigeria, So also is NULI SECUNDUS, it is the motto of medical practice in Nigeria, the question is are we Latin? Hypocrites
Re: PHOTOS: Nigerian Army Modifies Logo by deliveryboy: 4:30pm On Nov 05, 2016
PAQ:

Latin is one of the ten languages that made up our modern day English Language. What does Arabic have to do with Nigeria? EVen core northerners who go to Arabic countries cant speak the language or understand apart from reciting words from the holy book.

It doesnt bother me what is there but wouldnt it be better if it were English, a Nigerian language or even a combination of Nigerian languages? Rather than a language 90% of Nigerians cant understand.
Ubi Jus Ibi Remedium is a Latin legal maxim which means "where there is a right there is a remedy, it is the motto of legal system in even in Nigeria, So also is NULI SECUNDUS, it is the motto of medical practice in Nigeria, the question is are we Latin? Hypocrites
Re: PHOTOS: Nigerian Army Modifies Logo by faari(f): 4:37pm On Nov 05, 2016
This is a modification.
The script has always been there over the years.
Why are we now linking it to the present dispensation?
Smh

For more on Nigeria and Nigerians, in and in diaspora
www.nigerialog.com
Re: PHOTOS: Nigerian Army Modifies Logo by kettykin: 4:52pm On Nov 05, 2016
Will changing the logo make the army more effective on bokoharam insurgency and not just effective in shooting unarmed ipob protesters.

Logo means nothing, Nigeria should just restructure their military

1 Like

Re: PHOTOS: Nigerian Army Modifies Logo by bingocalous(m): 5:00pm On Nov 05, 2016
ibabkr:
Why displaying ur ignorance
freely to Nairalanders? That's not a portion from the Qur'an, it's actually an Arabic way of saying' Victory is from God alone'

Totally agreed with you but why must those inscriptions be in Arabic language? I mean why can't we even use the three dominants language in Nigeria as the inscription? Theres still So many things to be learn from the Chinese........#Justthinkingloud..

1 Like

Re: PHOTOS: Nigerian Army Modifies Logo by crisycent: 5:06pm On Nov 05, 2016
ibabkr:
Why displaying ur ignorance freely to Nairalanders? That's not a portion from the Qur'an, it's actually an Arabic way of saying' Victory is from God alone'

Why was it written in Arabic?

1 Like

Re: PHOTOS: Nigerian Army Modifies Logo by oluwadaemilola: 5:33pm On Nov 05, 2016
Holy Qur'an was written in Arabic now means nobody can make use of the language again
Naturally dumb
Re: PHOTOS: Nigerian Army Modifies Logo by LoveDecay(m): 5:50pm On Nov 05, 2016
That text will never be removed' if it can guarantee that saboteurs from Biafra will not join the army so be it. We all remember how Nigeria went into a coup plot spiral.

Please don't join the army. Benue, Kaduna and Plateau provide enough soldiers.

We don't need Biafra scientists soldiers
Re: PHOTOS: Nigerian Army Modifies Logo by ksnowbaba: 5:55pm On Nov 05, 2016
why writing in Arabic when its not our general language? angry Abeg make dem use eraser clean am write WA-ZO-BIA jor...ARABI KO KOREAN NI undecided

1 Like

Re: PHOTOS: Nigerian Army Modifies Logo by PAQ(m): 6:34pm On Nov 05, 2016
deliveryboy:

Point of correction, i am not a hypocrite! I stated that it doesn't bother me. Thank you for enlightening me though. Latin is used almost every where through out our education, be it law, medicine, language arts etc unlike Arabic. Apart from studying Arabic language tell me where else you will find it being used?

1 Like

Re: PHOTOS: Nigerian Army Modifies Logo by lyricalz: 6:34pm On Nov 05, 2016
ibabkr:

Why arabic? Is Nigeria an arabic country? And besides that logo u call cross in the navy emblem is an anchor used in ship.

1 Like

Re: PHOTOS: Nigerian Army Modifies Logo by drehdinho(m): 6:34pm On Nov 05, 2016
ibabkr:

With due respect, he's not displaying any ignorance, I think you're the one displaying whole lot of them. What do you expect? An average Nigerian sees an Arabic inscription on display, it's normal and natural for him to link it with Quran. He's justified because Arabic is not a popular or common language among Nigerians. English language should have been the best to be used on the Logo. Besides, that will demonstrate much of religion neutrality of our nation had English language, our lingual franca had been used instead. Remember that this country is not only an heterogeneous one, but also the one with multiple religion practices.
Therefore, any government programs shouldn't promote one group or value or religion more than the other to avoid avoidable chaos.

1 Like

Re: PHOTOS: Nigerian Army Modifies Logo by Smooyis(m): 6:36pm On Nov 05, 2016
I have nothing much to say to this. After all our brother gej was there for six years with Ihejirika as chief of staff for some time but they could see or do nothing about it cool shocked
Re: PHOTOS: Nigerian Army Modifies Logo by Nobody: 6:37pm On Nov 05, 2016
PoundspassDolla:
so in a secular country like Nigeria,should your Arabic inscription be encourage to be use in the Nigeria army logo? Is your father the owner of Nigeria? Abeg get behind me,,, Satan.
U r just bitching for nothing, that Arabic word has always been on the logo long b4 u were born.
Re: PHOTOS: Nigerian Army Modifies Logo by ItzHoludex(m): 7:24pm On Nov 05, 2016
deliveryboy:

I get u bt all am sayin is instead of writing in Arabic dat some pple don't understand, den y not in English dat is d lingua franca of d nation

1 Like

Re: PHOTOS: Nigerian Army Modifies Logo by PoundspassDolla(m): 7:40pm On Nov 05, 2016
charliboy654:

U r just bitching for nothing, that Arabic word has always been on the logo long b4 u were born.
so it can never be changed right? In a country where you have different religions and ethnicity, a particular religion is domineering and you see nothing wrong with that.. Since they're making changes on the logo, why not change their Arabic signs and put something more neutral and acceptable which is English, even if it's the same meaning.... When other neglected region start agitating for their freedom,,, then you will remember one Nigeria....

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Nigerians React As Saraki Dances At Atiku's Campaign In Ekiti & Ondo / Buhari & Joshua Gin Looking At A Rifle Seized From Biafran Soldiers In Awka 1969 / Tinubu Reacts To Fuel Subsidy Removal : "Buhari made a wise decision"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.