Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,224 members, 7,825,855 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 02:52 AM

WHEN LOVE DIES....( The temptations of Gabriel) - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / WHEN LOVE DIES....( The temptations of Gabriel) (149846 Views)

When Love Dies / When Love Speaks / The Python And The Dance: The Temptations Of Okolobia Agu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (40) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: WHEN LOVE DIES....( The temptations of Gabriel) by Creeza(m): 10:59pm On Nov 07, 2016
bibijay123:

Thank you dear, you have a good start. I am captivated.
I learnt from the best : bibijay123. *winks*

1 Like 1 Share

Re: WHEN LOVE DIES....( The temptations of Gabriel) by yorhmienerd(m): 11:26pm On Nov 07, 2016
Wow! The plot is good, but timing and the age-ing system is kind of flawed. Good job creeza, work more on the spelling errors and you are game. Nice job

2 Likes

Re: WHEN LOVE DIES....( The temptations of Gabriel) by veekid(m): 12:21am On Nov 08, 2016
What an incredible job you're doing here bro; keep it coming

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: WHEN LOVE DIES....( The temptations of Gabriel) by Creeza(m): 3:16am On Nov 08, 2016
yorhmienerd:
Wow! The plot is good, but timing and the age-ing system is kind of flawed. Good job creeza, work more on the spelling errors and you are game. Nice job
I made few adjustments to the age system. The part I dont get is where you mentioned 'Timing'. Explain pls. Thank you for reading the story.
Re: WHEN LOVE DIES....( The temptations of Gabriel) by Creeza(m): 3:17am On Nov 08, 2016
veekid:
What an incredible job you're doing here bro; keep it coming
no wahala
Re: WHEN LOVE DIES....( The temptations of Gabriel) by Geofavor(m): 6:46am On Nov 08, 2016
smiley

1 Like

Re: WHEN LOVE DIES....( The temptations of Gabriel) by Creeza(m): 2:03am On Nov 10, 2016
For Geofavor
veekid
yorhmienerd
bibijay

I'm sorry for the delay. I just got admission into uniben, thats why.
Re: WHEN LOVE DIES....( The temptations of Gabriel) by Creeza(m): 3:38am On Nov 10, 2016
Continued*

KATHERINE

The night was cold and harsh, but, I found comfort. Comfort not of my own making, rather a spark of assurance that I was safe.

Here I am with the man that captured my heart. The thoughts were skirmish-not with my feelings, but within their lacunae of affairs- and incoherent.

The love making endured and was my best experience ,ever.

'' Kate... Kate?? Hey , we are here already. Snap out of it. You are always wandering off in thoughts'' .
That was Mimi's voice. She had been driving us both ,all these while.

I hesitated a little .
'' Oh! Sorry.. I was thinking about something''.

I am not the type that would give away my thought so easily. Mimi was speechless. She turned off the ignition. Made for the door and then briefly glanced at me .

''Kate , you are something else ,really. I cant believe you'' she said '' believe me , I dont understand you a bit ''

The Bell rang. In a blink , the entire parking lot was almost full. Mothers making way to their cars, with kids in the arm or behind them.
'' Solid Start Montesorri'' had a unique look right from the gate to the inner walls at the back. The owner must have an eye for aesthetics, by building such impressive structures in this small piece of land.

He was excited to see us. I am also happy to see him neat and healthy. Dave came running towards our car. His first reactions was what I expected.

''mum. Mum!. Aunt Mimi ! . '' . He exclaimed.

Why she followed him, was not clear to me. I could not decipher the reason. I patted Dave on the head and he hugged Mimi.

''oh Sweet Dave'' Mimi said '' I've missed you so much''.

Mrs Edeh was still coming towards me. A woman in her early fiftees. Nevertheless, she still dressed to impress.
*She was Dave's teacher in class 2, but now the headmistress.

Her hardwork really paid off. It was easy for her to be nominated or should I say hand-picked, by the school owner, to be the new Headmistress. This was because the former lady in the position resigned.

Mrs Edeh exchanged pleasantries '' Good afternoon ladies''

'' Good afternoon ma'' I chorused with Mimi.

'' Mrs Egedege, its always nice to see you''

I blushed .'' And you too , ma''

''I was about to leave, when I saw you'' she said

*Oh that was the reason. Ok. Dave didnt do anything wrong after all* I thought out loud to myself.

Mrs E. noticed my sudden silence. '' are you ok? Whats the matter?

''Nothing ma'am. Its just that....''

''Just what? She cut in.

''I uh....''

'' You see ma'am. My friend is searching for job vacancies, and she needs it urgently. We would appreciate any little help from you'' Mimi intervened and chuckled with a big grin.

'' well we have an opening. And you are? Mrs. E asked

It then occured to me that both of them had not met before. '' She is Mimi. My very good friend''

'' I see. Nice to meet you''

''the pleasure is mine'' Mimi said and shook hands with Mrs. Edeh.

She- the Headmistress turned my direction and was straight to the point.
'' We have a space available for a school service bus and also a cook, for the canteen''

''Ma'am. I am capable'' I said with joy.

''unfortunately, the cook position is just a half day job'' she added

''I can still drive the school bus '' . The joy in my voice was obvious.

She looked at me,was surprised and said '' Are you sure?

This time Mimi played a role as my guarantor.
''yes ma. Ofcourse she can. My friend is a workaholic ,you know''.

We laughed.

DAMILOLA

The car infront of me was stagnant- literaly- and seemed like a resistance to my motion.

Horns are being hunked left and right. The traffic looks heavy.

My appointment will be delayed. I picked up my phone and dialed Kemi's number.

*PHONE RINGS*

''hello. Kemi?

''yes. Lola, why did you call? The voice replied.

Kemi and I had attended the same college together . She was and still my bestfriend . A lady like her was rare to come by. She was very good with maths and statistics, always there to save me at the dire minute.
This friendship extended to business and she became my P.A.

''Kemi, someone will deliver paper Maché horses at the flower farm. Please makes sure he is comfortable untill I arrive''

'' Where are you now? She enquired.

I was definately stuck in a traffic jam. Only if she listened carefully, it would have been obvious.

''Traffic. Dont worry, I will be there soon''

''OK. Drive safely''

phone line cuts.

The next thirty-minutes. Am in the Plantation. My flower farm. I parked my car right infront of the reception.

I locked the car doors. Then made for the reception and my heels - the shoes were now burdensome- almost made me stumble. Thank God.
I exhaled !

Art crafts adorned the reception-just the way I liked it- and a fresh bevy of flowers neutralised the air conditioned atmosphere.

Then she appeared.
'' Oh Damiiiii. You didnt tell me Gabriel was so handsome''Kemi blushed.

I dont remember mentioning his name earlier. So how did she know? Women!

I smiled.

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: WHEN LOVE DIES....( The temptations of Gabriel) by Creeza(m): 3:45am On Nov 10, 2016
CC Kphantom
suwalee
neeheeta
StupidYorubaFool
Re: WHEN LOVE DIES....( The temptations of Gabriel) by Creeza(m): 3:50am On Nov 10, 2016
Jagugu88li
eniqurl
dominique
Iwakacome
amtalkin

here is a story to read.
Re: WHEN LOVE DIES....( The temptations of Gabriel) by veekid(m): 5:28am On Nov 10, 2016
Creeza:
For Geofavor
veekid
yorhmienerd
bibijay

I'm happy for you bro; more juice to your brain

1 Like

Re: WHEN LOVE DIES....( The temptations of Gabriel) by iwakacome: 6:01am On Nov 10, 2016
Creeza:
Jagugu88li
eniqurl
dominique
Iwakacome
amtalkin

here is a story to read.

thanks for the invite

1 Like

Re: WHEN LOVE DIES....( The temptations of Gabriel) by KPhantom(m): 7:10am On Nov 10, 2016
So Savage bro... Nice one

1 Like

Re: WHEN LOVE DIES....( The temptations of Gabriel) by Creeza(m): 9:05am On Nov 10, 2016
T
veekid:

I'm happy for you bro; more juice to your brain
I sight you oga mi. THANKS
Re: WHEN LOVE DIES....( The temptations of Gabriel) by yorhmienerd(m): 9:07am On Nov 10, 2016
Creeza:
For Geofa.vor
veeki.d
yorh.mienerd
bibij.ay

No pee

1 Like

Re: WHEN LOVE DIES....( The temptations of Gabriel) by Creeza(m): 9:10am On Nov 10, 2016
KPhantom:
So Savage bro... Nice one
hahaha, Really? Just wait till you see the shocker! LIKE BOOM. The Story is taking a new dimension.
Re: WHEN LOVE DIES....( The temptations of Gabriel) by Creeza(m): 9:12am On Nov 10, 2016
iwakacome:

thanks for the invite
I hope you stay glued to the thread. Thanks for coming.
Re: WHEN LOVE DIES....( The temptations of Gabriel) by StupidYorubaFool: 10:01am On Nov 10, 2016
Creeza:
CC Kphantom suwalee neeheeta StupidYorubaFool
thread is incomplete without ishilove
Re: WHEN LOVE DIES....( The temptations of Gabriel) by amtalkin(f): 11:00am On Nov 10, 2016
Creeza:
Jagugu88li
eniqurl
dominique
Iwakacome
amtalkin

here is a story to read.

Thanks for the mention

1 Like

Re: WHEN LOVE DIES....( The temptations of Gabriel) by Creeza(m): 11:04am On Nov 10, 2016
StupidYorubaFool:
thread is incomplete without ishilove
ishilove , it is then.
Re: WHEN LOVE DIES....( The temptations of Gabriel) by Creeza(m): 11:05am On Nov 10, 2016
amtalkin:

Thanks for the mention
I should be grateful. You came. wink
Re: WHEN LOVE DIES....( The temptations of Gabriel) by dominique(f): 11:10am On Nov 10, 2016
Bookmarked. I'll read up once I'm chanced

1 Like

Re: WHEN LOVE DIES....( The temptations of Gabriel) by suwalee(f): 11:56am On Nov 10, 2016
I'm Ere....following
Creeza:
CC Kphantom
suwalee
neeheeta
StupidYorubaFool

1 Like

Re: WHEN LOVE DIES....( The temptations of Gabriel) by Creeza(m): 12:43pm On Nov 10, 2016
suwalee:
I'm Ere....following
put on your seat belts, Its going to be one hell of a ride.

1 Like

Re: WHEN LOVE DIES....( The temptations of Gabriel) by Nobody: 1:02pm On Nov 10, 2016
Creeza:
jagugu88li

here is a story to read.
Nice piece of work Bro. Funny thing is I had started reading the story last week, I don't know what disturbed me.

This Kemi is what we call "'n voorwaartse persoon" OR "eine weiter person"
Re: WHEN LOVE DIES....( The temptations of Gabriel) by Creeza(m): 1:21pm On Nov 10, 2016
jagugu88li:
Nice piece of work Bro. Funny thing is I had started reading the story last week, I don't know what disturbed me.

This Kemi is what we call "'n voorwaartse persoon" OR "eine weiter person"
Obviously, but I think she is obviously going to try something funny. Lets just wait and see. The story is still dynamic, and soon I'll introduce more characters.. Its like an adventure.

And thanks for staying tuned, the fault's mine. I was busy with school stuff, but I'm going to give my all in the story.
Re: WHEN LOVE DIES....( The temptations of Gabriel) by Creeza(m): 1:25pm On Nov 10, 2016
I would like her to try and seduce Gabriel, but then again: Dami is even more a better option for that. REMEMBER SHE NEEDS A MAN, desperately not for herself but for her daughter.
Cc Jagugu88li
Re: WHEN LOVE DIES....( The temptations of Gabriel) by Creeza(m): 3:58pm On Nov 10, 2016
For* Jaguguli88 and suwalee

*CONTINUED.
Gabriel

Finally.. She is here. Now I can go home. I stood up as a gentleman . '' hello madam, I'm here with the toys''

'' yes, thank you. Kemi please show him where he will put them'' Dami continued ' and meet my friend Kemi. Kemi this is Gabriel''

' No need ma'am, we talked already'' I said

'' Nice ,nice'' she said '' I'm not surprised . Kemi is a good conversation starter''

Kemi did not utter a word. She kept silent, smiling from cheek to cheek. Her eyes gazed upon me like she was lost or something.

'' I enjoyed her company, ma'am Damilola''

Dami sighed ' please will you stop calling me that? Just Dami or Lola will do'

'ok. Sorry Ma'am... I mean,sorry... Ok Dami '' I felt stupid.

Dami noticed something funny going on. Kemi was busy pouting and winking at me. Shook her head in a kind of way , then draw her hair backwards while she raised her chest up a bit. It was as if to say ''come get these baby boo''

'Kemi?..kemi? Ah!!! ' Lola beckoned her to sensibility '' please stop that and show him where to put those down'

'Yes ofcourse. This way please'' kemi said.

'' Gabriel? How is things going with you and Kate?

''we are fine ,Maxwell, just money issues thats all''

Max is a nice guy. I'm lucky to have him- a brother in-law and a friend. He got married to my younger sister Yvonne. Maxwell is rich and comfortable but after five years of marriage , they still had no issues.
*Here we are ,catching up in a bar. As much as Maxwell is willing to lend me money anytime, I prefered not to ask( it was embarassing).

'' bro . Take it easy ok. Money will come''

'' when Max? When will that be? I'm running out of patience here'

'dont be harsh on yourself'

I couldnt care any less. '' To hell with harshness''

'let me get this straight, so you are willing to do anything for money? He asked

'yes man. Anything'

'you sound desperate'

'I sound confident'' . I corrected him ' I have to give my wife a good life. She deserves it'

'easy man. Easy now''

*my phoned beeps*
Text message from Kate
" My love, I and Dave will visit mother and father today, so we might stay out late. See you soon. Love you''

I dropped the phone on the table, but immediately ,another text came in :
'Hi . I have a business proposal for you. Maybe we could meet tonight. Will that be fine? Please call me. DAMI.'

'Now this what I'am talking about' I shouted.

'Gabriel, low your voice. People might think you're crazy ,man'

'I dont care. Max, I have to leave. I'm meeting someone'' I said '' please greet my lil' sis Yvonne.

He was surprised. 'wait, why so sudden, Gabriel? Gab....?.
I left him there at the bar.

KATHERINE

Dave and I are in the new school service bus. I am driving and he is playing with toys, next seat ,beside the driver's.

He looked at me and said '' Mom. '

'yes David. What is it?

'Why couldnt father come with us? I wish he came too'

'Dont worry son. You know daddy is busy with work. And its just me and you, visiting your Grandma and Grandpa'

He relaxed then came again. '' I miss grandma Nneka, and Grandpa Orji too.'

I smiled .' you see? There you go again. Dont you miss me too?

'Mum?!! You are always with me. Just even now, you are here. If you had your way, you might still follow me to the classroom' Dave said, jokingly.

'you know I love my baby so much. I cant bear to miss any moment with you'
I laughed.

' I know that. And I wish, you ,me and dad, we will always be together. Just one big family'

The sound of that made me happy, but then again deep thoughts would still glare me in the face. I had to concentrate.

'ofcourse Dave' I said' daddy and I will always be with you, forever'

'I love you mum'
I kissed him on the fore-head. ' love you too baby'

GABRIEL

Dami seemed nice and she was a potential business partner.

The waiter was taking her orders.

''....and I will have red wine, also bring me the fried Egg with Jollof.. Dont forget the salad . Ok thanks..'' Dami said.

*OH MY! What a consumer* I thought to myself.

''Gabriel what will you take? She asked.

It was embarassing for me. I just managed to say ''get me dried meat and a bottle of Star lite,please''

The waiter noded and zoomed off.

'So why did you invite me here, Dami?

'Business' she said.

'explain '

'I want you to make wooden vases for my flower shop'

'Hmm. Really? I said.

'yea, cant you do it? YOU Know moulded vases are expensive, and easily get damaged. ' she continued ' the cost alone could be used for better course'

'ok. I understand' I said ' And what will be my job description.....oh thank you' The waiter brought my bottle of beer, with dried meat in a bowl

'you know, you are different' Dami said ' not everyman would be this natural with a lady, on a first date...'

'huh?First what?' the meat in my mouth nearly fell off. My mouth was wide open with surprise.

She stared at me, like she wasnt sorry for it. Only if she knew I was married. TROUBLE

11 Likes 6 Shares

Re: WHEN LOVE DIES....( The temptations of Gabriel) by Creeza(m): 6:51pm On Nov 11, 2016
Dedicated to Iykestix, Kphantom, Johzeb and dharay88

continued.

ANDREW

* The atmosphere was fair enough. It looked like it was going to pour down heavily.
I set out with my car. Then it started to shower...sudden and unexpected.

My meeting with Charlie wont be cancelled,so amendments should take place. I dialed a number.

'Hello ,Becky?' re-schedule my appointments ...yes, the one with Mr. Tamuno...yes, expecially that one... Ok. Thank you Becky''

My day had not been so well. I couldnt help but wonder : can anything amazing happen today?

minutes later
A lady on the roadside. She looked like she needed help. Her car broke down and she is holding an umbrella :clueless.

I pulled over. '' Hello. You need help?

'no mister. I'll be fine. Dont worry about me.

'Actually, I think you need a lot of it' I said and came closer to her.

She had this aura or energy. Something like a spark and it was indeed beautiful.

'You see, my bus broke down and I've been trying to fix it' . She replied.

I rushed under her umbrella for safety from the rain. 'let me take a look at that'

'It just stopped' she continued 'and I dont kn...'

'I'll fix it. Ok? I cut in. She gave me an affirmative look then shrugged.

'ok'

'The caburator is heated, got a can of water? I asked .

'yea sure. Here ,take it'

After a while I was done. 'Now turn on the ignition'
* She entered the driver's seat and the car started ,after two attempts.

Shutting the burnett, I came closer and she thanked me.

'No problem' I continued' it just need an expert '

'I'm really grateful. Mr....?'

'Its Andrew Esele. Call me Andy'

'Andy thank you so much, I dont know how am ever going to pay you back'

'You can have coffee with me.'

She bit her lower lip. ' uhm , I will try but I'm not certain about that'

Just then I noticed her ring. 'You are married?

'yes..' she replied

'oh! So what happened? Where is your husband. He was not here to help you. Hmmm, I bet he is lucky to have a pretty lady like you as a wife'

'Actually, I called him. He is in a meeting now'

She smiled.

She was too young to be in a marriage relationship.

The rain drenched me and my whole body was completely ,or almost saturated with the water. I stood there, hoping she would have a little pity on me. Perhaps, just feel guilty; perhaps, feel remoarseful; or rather still, perhaps feel something-anything.

''I was hoping. Maybe you could still take coffee with me...later?

She smiled once again.' ok. Andy, maybe Later'

' give me your number'

'uhm...0805468****' she said, 'all good?

I dialed the number without her knowledge.

'Hello?

An assurance briskly touched my face. ' Just making sure' I said ' I never got your name?

' Katherine, Egedege'

'You're a local here in Port-Harcourt? I asked.

'Nope, I'm Ibo. Enugu to be prescise. My husband is Ikwere' she replied.

'Oh! ' I exclamed' that explains it all.

She gave another beautiful smile.

''Ok Kate. See you...later'

She left me there in the rain and I wondered why she was driving a school bus '' hmmm, probably, she owned the school'.

DAMILOLA

At my home. In my office.
Kemi was giving me a prolonged stare. Not very long before she shot at me. '' Damilola? What exactly are you planning towards Gabriel?

I became puzzled. ' Huh? Nothing. Just...nothing'

'What do you mean nothing?

'Nothing!

'Dami, you are 25. I'm probably younger than you or the same age. Gabriel is 30' She shouted ' Look at me!

Oh my! Kemi is always like that. Always admonishing me, like she was my mother.
I managed to gaze at her.

'Good.' she continued ' I know you more than you do yourself. I am not dumb, that I cant notice when my friend is in love. Oh! Damiii, have you forgotten your ordeal with Richard.

*' Damilola let me go' that was Richard's voice, the night he broke up with me. 'Leave me, I have to get my life together' he shouted at me ' let go off my shirt'
* I was virtually bleeding with tears, begging and crawling on the floor . 'Please Richie, dont leave me. If you do I will die. ' I cried ' Remember, you said you love me'
Richard pulled his shirt from my hands before entering his car, looked at me and said ' Well . I lied' *

Kemi jolted me back to the present. ' Miss Damilola Akehinde. Hello? I'm talking here'

'I really dont know'

'What's that supposed to mean? She said.

'I promised Kemi...'

'Promised her what?

I looked like a fool, but I had to say it. ' That I would get her daddy back'

Kemi furrowed her eyebrow . ' so? How does Gabriel enter the picture?

I feigned non-challancy. Kemi became furious.

'Answer me! '

'Take it easy Kemi Joe, I'm still your boss' I reminded her.

She didnt care. 'and I'm still your best friend'
*WHAT A BUMMER*

'To be honest, I dont know'

'I hope its not what I'm thinking? Because....

I could not take it anymore. ' ofcourse not. Please let me breathe' I shot back at her ' mom!! It is not what you think'

She stared at me liked she would pounce on me.

Cc Veekid

TBC

8 Likes 7 Shares

Re: WHEN LOVE DIES....( The temptations of Gabriel) by Iykestix: 8:19pm On Nov 11, 2016
Oga boss, good job man

1 Like

Re: WHEN LOVE DIES....( The temptations of Gabriel) by Creeza(m): 10:15pm On Nov 11, 2016
Iykestix:
Oga boss, good job man
thanks Baba. Its updated now.
Re: WHEN LOVE DIES....( The temptations of Gabriel) by Creeza(m): 12:16am On Nov 12, 2016
Udoche and tribolite, invisible followers, I sight you guys o. THANKS FOR DROPPING By. grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (40) (Reply)

Daughters / PASTORZONED: A Story By Toyin Taiwo / Nairaland Book Of Puns- Lovers Of Wordplay, Let's Pun!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.