Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,507 members, 7,816,225 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:55 AM

Do I Cancel My Wedding - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Do I Cancel My Wedding (3680 Views)

My Wedding Is Just A Few Weeks Away , I Just Discovered A Dark Past / Should I Cancel My Marriage Proposal? / My Wedding Pictures! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do I Cancel My Wedding by Nobody: 12:23am On Nov 06, 2016
Hi everyone, I have my wedding next week, been having this cloud of doubt in my heart about the whole wedding, for various reasons

1. Me and my fiancee have been arguing alot about money these days. she is a bit frivioulous and just wants to spend on the wedding without considering if the money is there.

2. My heart just keeps beating, she seems like someone who will give me alot of problems the ways she react.

3. she also never listens, when i try to advise her.

This has been botheriingg me for a while now, her parents and mine have invested alot of the wedding preparation so its a bit confusing for me nw.

dont knw hw to go abt it

2 Likes

Re: Do I Cancel My Wedding by Synzu(m): 12:25am On Nov 06, 2016
I wonder why I slept so much this afternoon undecided

4 Likes

Re: Do I Cancel My Wedding by Synzu(m): 12:30am On Nov 06, 2016
Errm... OP, you might wanna consider this guy just incase you're almost broke before the pre-wedding shoot grin

https://www.nairaland.com/3449058/free-pre-wedding-photo-shoot

Thank me later wink

2 Likes

Re: Do I Cancel My Wedding by Gbemiie: 12:38am On Nov 06, 2016
loool
Re: Do I Cancel My Wedding by MissSlimbody(f): 1:11am On Nov 06, 2016
And you just realized all these a week before the wedding

You know her better than we do bro, so the ball is in your court.

4 Likes

Re: Do I Cancel My Wedding by Jadekitana2(f): 1:13am On Nov 06, 2016
overcomer123:
Hi everyone, I have my wedding next week, been having this cloud of doubt in my heart about the whole wedding, for various reasons

1. Me and my fiancee have been arguing alot about money these days. she is a bit frivioulous and just wants to spend on the wedding without considering if the money is there.

2. My heart just keeps beating, she seems like someone who will give me alot of problems the ways she react.

3. she also never listens, when i try to advise her.

This has been botheriingg me for a while now, her parents and mine have invested alot of the wedding preparation so its a bit confusing for me nw.

dont knw hw to go abt it
cancel it, we dey your back.

2 Likes

Re: Do I Cancel My Wedding by ednut1(m): 1:28am On Nov 06, 2016
I am not understanding

Re: Do I Cancel My Wedding by Davash222(m): 2:27am On Nov 06, 2016
Jadekitana2:
To take over, bah

@OP 'her parents and mine have invested alot of the wedding preparation so its a bit confusing for me nw.'

If you never get money for your wedding and also to settle down, kuku just find one long bench go lie down. No go kee yourself for nothing.

Me myself, my relationship is like Lamborghini, I don't have one.

4 Likes

Re: Do I Cancel My Wedding by Nobody: 2:34am On Nov 06, 2016
undecided
Re: Do I Cancel My Wedding by Nobody: 5:59am On Nov 06, 2016
Beloved in the Lord, I see five solutions here
1. Take it to the Lord in prayer
2. Call your pastor or marriage counsellor the church assigned to the both of you for advise/prayer
3. Daniel & Paul learnt by books, invest in them and read on how experienced people handled dis kind of situation.
4.Write down 10 reasons why u love diz lady and even proposed in the first place.
5. Call your woman over to a quiet place, place her on your laps, rub her back and tell her how u feel, see if she is sincere and apologetic.

Don't call of d wedding, no human being is perfect. You proposed to her, not becos she is d only woman in d world but becos she is unique and makes you happy

5 Likes

Re: Do I Cancel My Wedding by go100: 6:39am On Nov 06, 2016
hi overcomer123, don't take those observations with kids gloove....suggestions: tell your parents and request for an emergency meeting involving the two families stating your key reasons you want to call it off.....this is very very important......it's your life

1 Like

Re: Do I Cancel My Wedding by ikombe: 7:37am On Nov 06, 2016
MissSlimbody:
And you just realized all these a week before the wedding

You know her better than we do bro, so the ball is in your court.
The court is in his ball grin
Re: Do I Cancel My Wedding by 360xclusive(m): 7:42am On Nov 06, 2016
Jadekitana2:

Witch I recognise you angry

1 Like

Re: Do I Cancel My Wedding by MissSlimbody(f): 8:10am On Nov 06, 2016
ikombe:
The court is in his ball grin

Na you sabi that one o.
My hand no dey.
Re: Do I Cancel My Wedding by NarnieSnyper(m): 8:25am On Nov 06, 2016
OP, you should do as that fine lady stated about marriage counselling and all that. Remember you are taking a journey of 'never return', so you should think hard before making your decision.

Remember , nobody's perfect, I am sure you also have few flaws but she's calm about it. Love conquers all, its a beautiful thing

1 Like

Re: Do I Cancel My Wedding by Frankraj: 12:36pm On Nov 06, 2016
Cancel the wedding, if you marry her such woman may lead you to early grave
Re: Do I Cancel My Wedding by ikombe: 1:58pm On Nov 06, 2016
MissSlimbody:
Na you sabi that one o. My hand no dey.
Your hand dey dere oh grin
Re: Do I Cancel My Wedding by windeal: 2:28pm On Nov 06, 2016
Op ...it quiet unfortunate that you don't have already saved money or you are a low income earner before venturing into marriage .your word "her parents and yours have invested a lot in the wedding preparation" not even you grin . now lesson to every guy planning to propose to his GF at the same time tell her how much you earn per month or the capacity of your business income to avoid the story that tourch ...some girls believes on what they hear now what they see .

They girl might be right depending on how you started with her ..and you must finish what you have started .HML in advanced grin

Re: Do I Cancel My Wedding by Nobody: 2:39pm On Nov 06, 2016
NarnieSnyper:
OP, you should do as that fine lady stated about marriage counselling and all that. Remember you are taking a journey of 'never return', so you should think hard before making your decision.

Remember , nobody's perfect, I am sure you also have few flaws but she's calm about it. Love conquers all, its a beautiful thing

The issue here is finance

i think she may be marrying me for the wrong reason and not understanding life and financial mgt. We both come from averagely okay family. even though things were rough initially in my family while growing up.

she was born and raised with a silver spoon and this thing has affected her mentality. She is used to getting all she want and doesnt understand the value of money. I am not a miser and i spend very well. infact dated 3 ladies in my entire life and never had this problem, they always seem to appreciate and be contented with what i do for them and the things i buy them.

now the problem, when me and my fiancee go get things, she complains on what i pick and says she wants the very expensive one, i hv tried to explain to her that i too like the expensive one but i am looking my pocket and hw much money i have. for instance we went to get a phone for her bday from slot, i got her an Apple Iphone SE (16GB) the babe no gree o she say na iphone 6s, where as i got the se for 177k.

We dont agree financially and am beginning to feel i may not meet her expectations, its like her taste her just too high, just imagine she told me i need to get her a car or we need to go do honeymoon in the dubai when we get married, without even considering if i had the money. E ma gba mi, she knows my salary and knows i just started life.

I have tried to sit her down and explain, getting money no easy there alot of things to do with money (get a land, start a business etc) and we should spend but with sense. she just argues and feels am trying to be stingy or force my habits on her, she begins to say alot of not very cool stuff which now begins to get me worried.

I even told her categorically my father is not a governor or minister and she should not stress me what i can afford is what i will do, she shd support me instead of arguing, yet we keep arguing on finance, sometimes she keeps quiet and says fine, but i know she is not fine. I know one day she wont be able to take it anymore and she wld explode. she likes the very best no matter what it takes or cost. the funny part is it is usually my pocket that is affected.

I have been undermining this sign, but it is like it keep showing up daily.

Really confused, dont knw if this is a strong reason to pause my wedding.

my wedding is ending of the month.

I love her very much and she is nt is bad lady it just that this stuff gets me worried

2 Likes

Re: Do I Cancel My Wedding by oseiwe(m): 2:47pm On Nov 06, 2016
Jadekitana2:
i support you braa
Re: Do I Cancel My Wedding by oseiwe(m): 2:53pm On Nov 06, 2016
overcomer123:

The issue here is finance

i think she may be marrying me for the wrong reason and not understanding life and financial mgt

now the problem, when me and my fiancee go get things, she complains on what i pick and says she wants the very expensive one, i hv tried to explain to her that i too like the expensive one but i am looking my pocket and hw much money i have. for instance we went to get a phone for her bday from slot, i got her an Apple Iphone SE (16GB) the babe no gree o she say na iphone 6s, where as i got the se for 177k..

my wedding is ending of the month.

I love her very much and she is nt is bad lady it just that this stuff gets me worried
after the 177k, i saw month end as wedding day, chairman abeg keep quiet!
Re: Do I Cancel My Wedding by Tomup(m): 4:52pm On Nov 06, 2016
OP, From your last comments she will likely ruin the marriage with extravagant lifestyle. Even though you will face family issues cancel the wedding. The young lady is not ready for marriage lipsrsealed
Re: Do I Cancel My Wedding by Olanna45(f): 5:37pm On Nov 06, 2016
I will keep on saying it. the key to a lasting marriage is marrying your kind.

For her to adapt to your way of managing money will take the special grace of God.

Her ostentatious nature did not start with you. Its in her.

Its either you tolerate or quit.

5 Likes

Re: Do I Cancel My Wedding by twosquare(m): 5:51pm On Nov 06, 2016
Too late to complain...you have seen all these and you still went ahead to fix a wedding date...and I'm concerned and bewildered about the iPhone issue. You brought about your undoing, man...maybe karma is paying you back via your exes.

1 Like

Re: Do I Cancel My Wedding by ElsonMorali: 6:07pm On Nov 06, 2016
Do both of you have parents? Why are you coming here a week to your wedding to ask for advice from strangers about whether to call it off or not? angry

Besides in your first narrative the wedding was next week, in your second narrative it month's end

Are you OK sir?
Re: Do I Cancel My Wedding by shestrong(f): 6:10pm On Nov 06, 2016
she might be acting up due to a lot of pressure from d wedding preparations, but av seen a bride hu on her wedding day had everything going wrong for her,infact we waited 2hrs bfr reception cld start because we wr waiting for the life band ,but dis lady was calm ,she held her husbands hand in d car till d storm passed,I was so surprised, we wr d ones fighting nd shouting for her.
Re: Do I Cancel My Wedding by Kobicove(m): 6:48pm On Nov 06, 2016
Back out of this relationship while you still can!
Re: Do I Cancel My Wedding by BiafraBushBoy(m): 7:04pm On Nov 06, 2016
epobot:
Beloved in the Lord, I see five solutions here
1. Take it to the Lord in prayer
2. Call your pastor or marriage counsellor the church assigned to the both of you for advise/prayer
3. Daniel & Paul learnt by books, invest in them and read on how experienced people handled dis kind of situation.
4.Write down 10 reasons why u love diz lady and even proposed in the first place.
5. Call your woman over to a quiet place, place her on your laps, rub her back and tell her how u feel, see if she is sincere and apologetic.

Don't call of d wedding, no human being is perfect. You proposed to her, not becos she is d only woman in d world but becos she is unique and makes you happy

You dey give pimps? shocked shocked
Re: Do I Cancel My Wedding by Frankraj: 7:17pm On Nov 06, 2016
*BANK DETAILS' MADNESS.*
(always go to your bank personally).

NEW SCAM ALERT.
PLS HELP US SPREAD THIS FAST.
IT MAY SAVE OUR FRIENDS AND FAMILIES, SO RE-BROADCAST.

Please be aware that fraudsters have developed new software & devised a new means of defrauding people, as the former trick of sending an SMS telling you that your ATM has been deactivated due to system upgrade or BVN issues, is no longer working well for them because people are very aware of that trick now.

Their new trick now is to send you an email supposedly, to have been sent by your bank e-mail service informing you that you have been debited #2,000 as *subscription fee* for the bank's monthly digest magazine and the charge will continue every month *(and indeed, any info that you did not request or even requested).*
To unsubscribe and cancel that deduction monthly from your account, you should click here (a link is given there).

Once you click the link, it will open up a page where you will be asked to supply your bank details including ATM information.
That is now the info they need to enable them access and clear your account.

Please remember:
DO NOT REPLY SUCH E-MAIL.
DO NOT CLICK THE LINK TO CANCEL THE MAGAZINE SUBSCRIPTION.
JUST IGNORE OR DELETE THE MAIL.
YOUR ACCOUNT IS SAFE AND NOTHING WAS DEDUCTED FOR ANY MAGAZINE.

I've done well to alert you.
Do well to alert more people.
Above all, don't fall a victim.
It is a fresh and latest information from the security Agencies.

*Circulate please.*
Re: Do I Cancel My Wedding by MissSlimbody(f): 7:14am On Nov 07, 2016
ikombe:
Your hand dey dere oh grin

Where my hand dey
Re: Do I Cancel My Wedding by ikombe: 7:17am On Nov 07, 2016
MissSlimbody:
Where my hand dey
Dere
Re: Do I Cancel My Wedding by MissSlimbody(f): 7:30am On Nov 07, 2016
ikombe:
Dere

Where is "dere"?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Mention That Nairalander....... / Guys Is It Right To Shave Your Woman's Pubic Hair? / Bbnaija Has Proven That Nigerians Are Sexually Frustrated And Starved

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.