Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,237 members, 7,825,919 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 06:25 AM

Buhari, Saraki Strike Deal Over $29.9b Loan Request - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari, Saraki Strike Deal Over $29.9b Loan Request (25503 Views)

17 States To Benefit From Fed Govt’s $29.9b Loan (see The List) / $29.9b Loans: Senators Set Another Hurdle For Buhari / Charles Okah, Kanu May Be Freed As MEND, FG Strike Deal To End N-delta Crisis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari, Saraki Strike Deal Over $29.9b Loan Request by drss2(m): 8:59am On Nov 06, 2016
personally i want senate to approve d $30 billion loan request for d dullard. why becos dis loan is d catalyst dat will speed up nigeria's disintegration through govt shut down. any body who tinks nigeria will survive additional $30 billion debt is decieving himself. as long as nigeria is still operating a feeding bottle system, dis loan will go down d drain cos diversification under dis system is just a mirage. no con3 in d world can diversify her economy with a feeding bottle system.
in d end, wat will happen is dat d cost of servicing d $30 billion debt in addition to other debts dat was taken by d buari govt will increase at geometric progression, d naira will become more valueless, cost of governance will increase, food importation will increase as nigeria's population increases, defence budget will increase due to rising terrorism, cost of infrastructure will also increase astronomically as govt will no longer be able to finance infrastructural development as they struggle to repay d con3s debts. in fact, d cost of everytin will increase. dis n other factors will hamper nigeria's ability to increase her revenue inflow let alone servicing debts until d nigerian govt shut down.
nigerian govt will declare bankrupsy in 4 to 6 years as soon as d loan is approved.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari, Saraki Strike Deal Over $29.9b Loan Request by Fedayeen02: 8:59am On Nov 06, 2016
omenka:
They've started arriving again to criticise, insult, and state a billion reasons why the loan shouldn't be approved by the Senate.

These same people wept, wailed and whined endlessly on another thread over how their region was "left out" (even though it was just the usual we-are-being-marginalised lies they flood cyberspace with daily) of the regions where the critical infrastructures are to be sited.

I would embrace any lawful move taken by mr President to take us out of this economic doldrums occasioned largely by the wastefulness of corruption of the Ineffectual Buffoon.

#InBabaITrust.

#InNigeriaIBelieve.
Yiu always rant out on an ethnic group without commenting on the main topic

Is it how you were born

8 Likes

Re: Buhari, Saraki Strike Deal Over $29.9b Loan Request by Harkindeylee(m): 9:00am On Nov 06, 2016
Hmmmm... Me iono even send them again
Re: Buhari, Saraki Strike Deal Over $29.9b Loan Request by Fedayeen02: 9:03am On Nov 06, 2016
modath:

Haters gonna hate!! It's their calling in life. smiley

you are a civil servant with kids but you always promote tribal sentiments here.

People like you hide the files of anyone that's not of your ethnic group

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari, Saraki Strike Deal Over $29.9b Loan Request by juman(m): 9:10am On Nov 06, 2016
That saraki and his governor boy are doing nothing on agriculture in kwara.
Re: Buhari, Saraki Strike Deal Over $29.9b Loan Request by 989900D: 9:22am On Nov 06, 2016
WriteBoy:
Using debt to finance infrastructure is a sound strategy world over; debt financing is not a bad thing. However, I am worried, very worried.

Nigeria has an unfortunate history of turning all things sound and prudent into disasters. Would this loan be any different? The people at the top want us all to believe that our institutions have become more transparent and accountable in the period starting from May 29th, 2015 owing to the the stern mien and righteous body odour (language) of Mr. President, every sane person, every right thinking Nigerian knows this not to be the case.

How faithfully would the borrowed funds--In the event the loan request is approved-- be appropriated? How much inflation would hit these contracts? How much of the funds would be judiciously applied? Is this a another case of vultures circling above at the sight of an impending meal?

I would have said: "let us wait, time would tell" but in cases of importance to national growth and prosperity, getting it wrong spells doom for my generation, the one after me and lots more.

We struggled real hard to come off the claws of the Paris Club. I remember how happy well meaning Nigerians were when that historic event happened. The general consensus was: "never again would we be so indebted" But now, it seems we are headily going back to the things we said never again to.

GBAMEST!!! I wrote this!
Re: Buhari, Saraki Strike Deal Over $29.9b Loan Request by Nobody: 9:23am On Nov 06, 2016
I wish they will approve the loan; cos I know it won't still change anything! they"ll still squander the money and the recession will still keep biting deeper!
I wanna see if they"d still be blaming past administration for their failures!
Meanwhile, their failure will be so epic! before the recession gets to me,i know it must have wiped out all the APC e-rats on nairaland here!
so,yes let's do this;give dem the loan to squander! cheesy

1 Like

Re: Buhari, Saraki Strike Deal Over $29.9b Loan Request by 989900D: 9:26am On Nov 06, 2016
But there is a caveat: the Senate may refer the request to its Committee on Local and Foreign Debts, headed by Mallam Shehu Sani.

I'd vote him for SP all day, everyday . . . people like him gives me hope of a better country someday, -- he is a realist, a true warrior of democracy, unlike others who came only to 'chop' after the hard work's been done.
Re: Buhari, Saraki Strike Deal Over $29.9b Loan Request by 989900D: 9:28am On Nov 06, 2016
drss2:
personally i want senate to approve d $30 billion loan request for d dullard. why becos dis loan is d catalyst dat will speed up nigeria's disintegration through govt shut down. any body who tinks nigeria will survive additional $30 billion debt is decieving himself. as long as nigeria is still operating a feeding bottle system, dis loan will go down d drain cos diversification under dis system is just a mirage. no con3 in d world can diversify her economy with a feeding bottle system.
in d end, wat will happen is dat d cost of servicing d $30 billion loan in addition to others taking in d future by buari govt will increase at geometric progression, d naira will become more valueless, cost of governance will increase as nigeria's population increases, defence budget will increase due to rising terrorism, cost of infrastructure will also increase astronomically as govt will no longer be able to finance infrastructural development as d govt struggle to repay d loan. in fact, d cost of everytin will increase. dis n other factors will hamper nigeria's ability to increase her revenue inflow let alone servicing debts until d nigerian govt shut down.
nigerian govt will declare bankruptsy in 4 to 6 years as soon as d loan is approved.

Do you know what the loan is for?
Re: Buhari, Saraki Strike Deal Over $29.9b Loan Request by repogirl(f): 9:31am On Nov 06, 2016
This is fair enough..... funny though, it's Shehu Sani, one of the core black sheeps of APC going through the request.

The reason behind the request for the loan isn't bad but can it be implemented well? Hope they won't use it to be offsetting salaries aside the so-called infrastructural developments story they keep singing. The IMF needs to keep a tight grip on that money and watch closely how these people implement it.

Let's hope we will not become like Greece when Buhari and his people are done with Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari, Saraki Strike Deal Over $29.9b Loan Request by drss2(m): 9:39am On Nov 06, 2016
989900D:

Do you know what the loan is for?
d problem is not d loan, nigeria's current system of monkey dey work, baboon dey chop is d problem. even $100 billion loan will not be enough becos d system of nigeria's federalism is structured in such a way dat infastructural n long term economic development is IMPOSSIBLE. all d moneys will go to waste.
as long as nigeria is operating feeding bottle federlism, dis loan is as good as useless.
Re: Buhari, Saraki Strike Deal Over $29.9b Loan Request by nzeobi(m): 9:40am On Nov 06, 2016
omenka:
They've started arriving again to criticise, insult, and state a billion reasons why the loan shouldn't be approved by the Senate.

These same people wept, wailed and whined endlessly on another thread over how their region was "left out" (even though it was just the usual we-are-being-marginalised lies they flood cyberspace with daily) of the regions where the critical infrastructures are to be sited.

I would embrace any lawful move taken by mr President to take us out of this economic doldrums occasioned largely by the wastefulness of corruption of the Ineffectual Buffoon.

#InBabaITrust.

#InNigeriaIBelieve.
How does taking loan take you out of recession.
Re: Buhari, Saraki Strike Deal Over $29.9b Loan Request by GenbIoodykiller: 9:45am On Nov 06, 2016
[s]
omenka:
That one says "years of neglect by the FG" is responsible for the opposition of their region to just about every single action this this government takes. What a white lie!

Why wasnt there any such opposition under the era of the ineffectual buffoon or isnt his regime captured in the "years" he talks about? Where was their conscience back then?

The nonsense is simply because of two things:

1. Buhari defeated a candidate behind whom they threw 100% of their weight.

2. Religious bigotry made worse by the hate doctrine being promoted by iPod.

"Years of neglect" my brown eye- yet they called themselves "Ambassadors of Nigeria" (TAN).

Nonsense.
[/s]
trash

4 Likes

Re: Buhari, Saraki Strike Deal Over $29.9b Loan Request by Papertrail11(m): 9:46am On Nov 06, 2016
boohary I beg yu with the love of God dont borrow dat loan isss too much tax us individually if d need be.....this one gara gan
Re: Buhari, Saraki Strike Deal Over $29.9b Loan Request by Albishir: 9:48am On Nov 06, 2016
omenka:

#InBabaITrust.

#InNigeriaIBelieve.
Omenka do you think the south east are in the long run not going to be part of the debt remittance when the time comes? Do you also think that delisting the south east in the overall project plan of over 10 trillion naira is a reflection of good leadership? Omenka I don't think you truly kno the extent of damage that ideology will bring to that regional part of this country. Think again!!!

2 Likes

Re: Buhari, Saraki Strike Deal Over $29.9b Loan Request by Papertrail11(m): 9:50am On Nov 06, 2016
omenka:

#InBabaITrust.

#InNigeriaIBelieve.

baba irrespective that moni is furkin much its even higher dan our reserve a learder who wants to embark on su h a loan must first commubicate in clear terms to nigerians on d need be to borrow such monies in the first place .....thats 21st centuary leadership you carry pple along
Re: Buhari, Saraki Strike Deal Over $29.9b Loan Request by drss2(m): 9:52am On Nov 06, 2016
WriteBoy:

Cutting the East out of the loan is nothing but wickedness at best. All Nigerians should share in both the spoils and the responsibility. Do you mean we can pay tax but not enjoy amenities?
bros let dem continue in their futility. they tink they ar getting back at south east by excluding us from d loan, but in real sense, they ar doing us a favor. south east will not be burden by nigeria's debt nor will imf be on our heads to repay a share of nigeria's debt wen d con3 declares bankrupsy. trust me dis loan will put nigeria in serious economic calamity in d future. wait n see.

1 Like

Re: Buhari, Saraki Strike Deal Over $29.9b Loan Request by Papertrail11(m): 9:55am On Nov 06, 2016
WriteBoy:

Cutting the East out of the loan is nothing but wickedness at best. All Nigerians should share in both the spoils and the responsibility. Do you mean we can pay tax but not enjoy amenities?

I dont have a problem with yu wanting to borrow a loand but communicate this in plain english to nigerians less say in a media chat on why we ned to borrow dats 21centuary leadership dont just go around plunging our generation plus ones yet unborn into monumental debt of almost 100bn usd with little or nothing to show for it.

moreover I have some reservations as to why cant the moni be genrated internally
Re: Buhari, Saraki Strike Deal Over $29.9b Loan Request by Princedapace(m): 10:00am On Nov 06, 2016
seunmsg:

You people should stop lying, all Nigerians will benefit from the projects that will be executed with the loan. The Manbilla hydro dam, Lagos-Calabar railway and Lagos-Kano railway will benefit all Nigerians equally.

The Lagos-calabar railway will pass through the commercial city of Aba in Abia state. There are other projects that will be executed with the loans that we are not even aware of as the details of the proposal is still unclear. You guys should stop crying wolf when none exist.

Lolz..na igbos wey dey cry I dey pitty.. A hardcore Igbo man doesn't give any shock about Nigeria any more.. We will pay tax as usual...no wahala.. We will..

Accept my prayer my brother...as igbos av been treated in Nigeria...so shall ur people be treated someday in Jesus name...pls..just type amen...okay.. No more talk..

As for naija...make una borrow money na.. If e bad too much..those wey fit waka leave naija enter at least Ghana can do so.. Na we we go suffer am na.

No be naija again? Instead of this politicians to look for Bette means of making money and build our infrastructure...they are looking for how to borrow..whosoever that is telling them that Nigerian leaders av changed...no problem...an average Nigerian leader is corrupt fellow..so corrupt that they will always find a way to divert fund...either they deliver poor quality services or they scam everything entirely.. So many projects across the country as of today have been abandoned while the fund already released and swallowed.. We want to borrow money , believing that naija don change...okay.. I strongly recommend we hustle out cash from agriculture and if we must borrow...we borrow small pls becus we all we pay for this .including regions that will not benefit from the project directly..

Even if FG no give igbos anything...they are still collective ahead of many regions in Nigeria.. Checkout per family capital income and purchasing power to find out.. As Nigeria has treated Igbos...so shall ur people be treated someday.. Na we dey here...life na turn by turn o...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari, Saraki Strike Deal Over $29.9b Loan Request by Princedapace(m): 10:01am On Nov 06, 2016
seunmsg:

You people should stop lying, all Nigerians will benefit from the projects that will be executed with the loan. The Manbilla hydro dam, Lagos-Calabar railway and Lagos-Kano railway will benefit all Nigerians equally.

The Lagos-calabar railway will pass through the commercial city of Aba in Abia state. There are other projects that will be executed with the loans that we are not even aware of as the details of the proposal is still unclear. You guys should stop crying wolf when none exist.
Re: Buhari, Saraki Strike Deal Over $29.9b Loan Request by Sunmolar(m): 10:07am On Nov 06, 2016
How much do we have left in the external reserve? +loan-external reserve=-$5...
Nigeria’s foreign reserves drop to $24.74b in September – Udoma
DMO says borrow max of $22b @least we be left with $2b in reserve.
note:This point of mind is borne out of logic.
If Nigeria has up to $24b in reserve which seems no enough to attract foreign investors,then I will find a way to retrieve the reserve directly or indirectly and use it for infrastructures.So on the long run foreign investors will be begging to invest in my economy.
Unlike the reserves which serves no good at the moment.Let's a have a developmental plan and stop waiting for expatriates to develop our economy for us.
Remember those days we were in same developing countries like India & Brazil.We need a change of direction from this failed economic system.when you go in wrong path you never get to your destination.
my piece.
Re: Buhari, Saraki Strike Deal Over $29.9b Loan Request by playhero(m): 10:13am On Nov 06, 2016
buhari u b striker?

Re: Buhari, Saraki Strike Deal Over $29.9b Loan Request by Excuzeme: 10:13am On Nov 06, 2016
WriteBoy:
Using debt to finance infrastructure is a sound strategy world over; debt financing is not a bad thing. However, I am worried, very worried.

Nigeria has an unfortunate history of turning all things sound and prudent into disasters. Would this loan be any different? The people at the top want us all to believe that our institutions have become more transparent and accountable in the period starting from May 29th, 2015 owing to the the stern mien and righteous body odour (language) of Mr. President, every sane person, every right thinking Nigerian knows this not to be the case.

How faithfully would the borrowed funds--In the event the loan request is approved-- be appropriated? How much inflation would hit these contracts? How much of the funds would be judiciously applied? Is this a another case of vultures circling above at the sight of an impending meal?

I would have said: "let us wait, time would tell" but in cases of importance to national growth and prosperity, getting it wrong spells doom for my generation, the one after me and lots more.

We struggled real hard to come off the claws of the Paris Club. I remember how happy well meaning Nigerians were when that historic event happened. The general consensus was: "never again would we be so indebted" But now, it seems we are headily going back to the things we said never again to.

You people just like to sound "alarm" for nothing!
You criticise EVERYTHING but NEVER offer an alternative!

What would you have had the President do, to finance obviously comatose infrastructure?

- Should he fold his hands and keep reminding us that the treasury is empty?
- Should he wait for another two years until Agriculture gives some payback or Crude price increases?
- [/b]Should he print more 'naira' and watch the Naira devalue further?

[b]*The man has shown integrity because banks dont borrow money to country whose leadership lack integrity because they know it will be looted.
*The man has shown by his body odour (Yes, that odour is what is making looters like Omisore refund #350Million in one go, Obanikoro handing over #100 Million, FFK and tens of other "Yam Eaters" begin to refund a small part of what they looted under Jonathan) and past antecedents that he can be trusted, far more than any Nigerian living today!
*The man has energized the various Investigative Agencies (ICPC, CCB, EFCC, DSS, e.t.c) to crack down on thieves and looters
*We Nigerians are also watching hum like a hawk.

So, what else do you want?

Only a fool says "NEVER"!
Decisions are (should) always (be) objective based on available data and situation on ground.

Stop being Nay-Sayers and agents of depression!

No nation can ever get out of recession without SPENDING, and you can only spend MONEY that you have in your Pocket, be it borrowed or earned.

The real problem lies with the rogues in the NASS who have turned legislation to "blackmail and trading/trade-offs".
We need to turn Legislature to a part time job. Just a little honorarium needs to be paid to ANYONE who volunteers to become a Legislator.
That way, the "money" wont be the incentive, to become a legislator and it would then attract "men of conscience and sound mind", not all the current criminals who use it to shield themselves from prosecution!
Re: Buhari, Saraki Strike Deal Over $29.9b Loan Request by Excuzeme: 10:19am On Nov 06, 2016
989900D:

I'd vote him for SP all day, everyday . . . people like him gives me hope of a better country someday, -- he is a realist, a true warrior of democracy, unlike others who came only to 'chop' after the hard work's been done.

Mumu!

Did you read where Saraki said "I only cam to pray and decided to extend felicitations to the President"?
if you are sharp at all, you would have seen that Saraki went to "plead himself" with the President, to soft-pedal on his prosecution, using the passing of the loan Bill, as a bargaining chip.

Saraki is a crook but he is not different from the other criminals infesting the national Assembly.
Is it not the same Saraki that, early this year, bought about 50 SUV's, each valued at over #50Million Naira, for those Senators who will support him at the CCB trial?
Did you not read it? Is the Money not from the proceeds of Budget Padding in precious dispensation?

Abeg, siddon joor
Re: Buhari, Saraki Strike Deal Over $29.9b Loan Request by legendte(m): 10:26am On Nov 06, 2016
I urge my Igbo brothers to calm down. No matter the harsh economy of the jungle, lions won't feed on grasses. We are still far ahead of every other tribe in the country. Our brains and self belief will see us through. Let us chill and watch them. Nothing lasts forever. He can't use more than 8 years. What goes around comes around. I just like the unity we displayed during the election. No regrets in supporting GEJ.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari, Saraki Strike Deal Over $29.9b Loan Request by 989900D: 10:31am On Nov 06, 2016
Excuzeme:

[s]Mumu!

Did you read where Saraki said "I only cam to pray and decided to extend felicitations to the President"?
if you are sharp at all, you would have seen that Saraki went to "plead himself" with the President, to soft-pedal on his prosecution, using the passing of the loan Bill, as a bargaining chip.

Saraki is a crook but he is not different from the other criminals infesting the national Assembly.
Is it not the same Saraki that, early this year, bought about 50 SUV's, each valued at over #50Million Naira, for those Senators who will support him at the CCB trial?
Did you not read it? Is the Money not from the proceeds of Budget Padding in precious dispensation?

Abeg, siddon joor[/s]
Re: Buhari, Saraki Strike Deal Over $29.9b Loan Request by Danpotter(m): 10:42am On Nov 06, 2016
Damn that blood sucking country or organization that will borrow such, Biafrans will never be trapped, we shall break out from broken nigeria
Re: Buhari, Saraki Strike Deal Over $29.9b Loan Request by 989900D: 10:43am On Nov 06, 2016
drss2:
d problem is not d loan, nigeria's current system of monkey dey work, baboon dey chop is d problem. even $100 billion loan will not be enough becos d system of nigeria's federalism is structured in such a way dat infastructural n long term economic development is IMPOSSIBLE. all d moneys will go to waste.
as long as nigeria is operating feeding bottle federlism, dis loan is as good as useless.

The above is all reasonable people's fear, but instead of resigning to fate and folding our arms in surrender, we should think of smart ways, actually not only think, protest, raise our voices, demand for accountability and proper utilization of funds either borrowed or earned.

As much as I support the president, and I do approve of getting the loans if accountability can be guaranteed, but already I saw some 2-3 items (naturally good things) on that list, but are avenues for looting, and should not be on that list. Those are the kind of observations and oversight we would naturally expect our lawmakers aka lawbreakers to get a grip of.

As far as I am concerned, IMHO, the loans should be strictly meant for infrastructure, especially the income generating ones -- preferably in some form of PPP arrangement . . . Build, Lease, Operate, and Transfer (BLOT) or such arrangements as deemed fit.
Re: Buhari, Saraki Strike Deal Over $29.9b Loan Request by zoomzoom(m): 11:11am On Nov 06, 2016
seunmsg:

You want to approve a loan of which according to you " details of the proposal is still unclear"?
Smart you!!!.

1 Like

Re: Buhari, Saraki Strike Deal Over $29.9b Loan Request by Nobody: 11:24am On Nov 06, 2016
If this Loan are for Projects, why not Outsource the project and let foreign investors build them with their Funds and in return take their money from the proceeds of the project, this seems to be the only way such projects will be maintained, because no private investor will make profits without maintaining their project, FG won't maintain such projects, the next Admin might even Neglect such.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari, Saraki Strike Deal Over $29.9b Loan Request by steppin: 11:29am On Nov 06, 2016
omenka:

#InBabaITrust.

#InNigeriaIBelieve.
You can't post anything in the politics section without mentioning the South East, can you?
If you had any iota of sense, you'd know that most Nigerians ain't comfortable with the present government or any government at all, taking such a huge amount of money.
There's a 90% chance that the money won't be used for the right purpose and Nigerians would be stuck in debt for ages.
You know all these already, but your blind support for this government and the hatred you have for the South East won't give you the time to think.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Adebayo Shittu In Multimillion Naira Contracts Scandal / Aisha Buhari Receives Courtesy Visit From Wives Of Service Chiefs (photos) / Stella Oduah wins Anambra PDP Senatorial ticket

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.