Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,244 members, 7,811,684 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:10 PM

Buhari, Saraki Strike Deal Over $29.9b Loan Request - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari, Saraki Strike Deal Over $29.9b Loan Request (25489 Views)

17 States To Benefit From Fed Govt’s $29.9b Loan (see The List) / $29.9b Loans: Senators Set Another Hurdle For Buhari / Charles Okah, Kanu May Be Freed As MEND, FG Strike Deal To End N-delta Crisis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari, Saraki Strike Deal Over $29.9b Loan Request by jeff1993: 11:31am On Nov 06, 2016
omenka:
They've started arriving again to criticise, insult, and state a billion reasons why the loan shouldn't be approved by the Senate.

These same people wept, wailed and whined endlessly on another thread over how their region was "left out" (even though it was just the usual we-are-being-marginalised lies they flood cyberspace with daily) of the regions where the critical infrastructures are to be sited.

I would embrace any lawful move taken by mr President to take us out of this economic doldrums occasioned largely by the wastefulness of corruption of the Ineffectual Buffoon.

#InBabaITrust.
....... Ur people in Benue are being killed as chickens and u are here masturbating about a tribe DAT knows nothing of ur existence ....... Am really ashamed to share same state wit u ..... infact come n eat grass!!!!!

#InNigeriaIBelieve.

Re: Buhari, Saraki Strike Deal Over $29.9b Loan Request by Okeikpu(m): 12:11pm On Nov 06, 2016
omenka:
You know I don't like responding to any of "you people" because it always amounts to sheer waste of energy and time doing so.

Did you see me mention "East" anywhere Do you need glasses to see clearly??

Abeg just stay your lane this morning my brother.

Thank you.
Taaaa just sharrap for once
Do you think we r s2upid
Re: Buhari, Saraki Strike Deal Over $29.9b Loan Request by seunmsg(m): 12:14pm On Nov 06, 2016
zoomzoom:

You want to approve a loan of which according to you " details of the proposal is still unclear"?
Smart you!!!.

We already have a snippet of the details, what we don't have is the full details.
Re: Buhari, Saraki Strike Deal Over $29.9b Loan Request by Doyin2(m): 12:22pm On Nov 06, 2016
WriteBoy:
Using debt to finance infrastructure is a sound strategy world over; debt financing is not a bad thing. However, I am worried, very worried.

Nigeria has an unfortunate history of turning all things sound and prudent into disasters. Would this loan be any different? The people at the top want us all to believe that our institutions have become more transparent and accountable in the period starting from May 29th, 2015 owing to the the stern mien and righteous body odour (language) of Mr. President, every sane person, every right thinking Nigerian knows this not to be the case.

How faithfully would the borrowed funds--In the event the loan request is approved-- be appropriated? How much inflation would hit these contracts? How much of the funds would be judiciously applied? Is this a another case of vultures circling above at the sight of an impending meal?

I would have said: "let us wait, time would tell" but in cases of importance to national growth and prosperity, getting it wrong spells doom for my generation, the one after me and lots more.

We struggled real hard to come off the claws of the Paris Club. I remember how happy well meaning Nigerians were when that historic event happened. The general consensus was: "never again would we be so indebted" But now, it seems we are headily going back to the things we said never again to.

No sane country would have done what Okonjo/OBJ did to our economy,by paying up a whopping $12billion all at once!

Paying up your debt all at once,when you could have staggered it for economic development,does not make you an economic giant or a developed nation.It was a very stupid decision.

A poor man that does not want bank loan to start a business because he is afraid of debt burden ,would probably remain poor for life!

He would eventually end up borrow more money to feed (consumption),rather than to invest. Investment would have brought him wealth that could have catered for both his feeding and business growth.

If properly invested,a loan will always be a lever,rather than a burden.

So are we ready to take the risk of trusting the government,that the loan would be properly invested,or we had rather remain stagnant?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari, Saraki Strike Deal Over $29.9b Loan Request by 989900D: 12:42pm On Nov 06, 2016
Doyin2:

No sane country would have done what Okonjo/OBJ did to our economy,by paying up a whopping $12billion all at once!

Paying up your debt all at once,when you could have staggered it for economic development,does not make you an economic giant or a developed nation.It was a very stupid decision.

A poor man that does not want bank loan to start a business because he is afraid of debt burden ,would probably remain poor for life!

He would eventually end up borrow more money to feed (consumption),rather than to invest. Investment would have brought him wealth that could have catered for both his feeding and business growth.

If properly invested,a loan will always be a lever,rather than a burden.

So are we ready to take the risk of trusting the government,that the loan would be properly invested,or we had rather remain stagnant?

Okonjo's brother (on behalf of all interested parties) got $50m or something for brokering that deal. undecided
Re: Buhari, Saraki Strike Deal Over $29.9b Loan Request by drss2(m): 12:58pm On Nov 06, 2016
legendte:
I urge my Igbo brothers to calm down. No matter the harsh economy of the jungle, lions won't feed on grasses. We are still far ahead of every other tribe in the country. Our brains and self belief will see us through. Let us chill and watch them. Nothing lasts forever. He can't use more than 8 years. What goes around comes around. I just like the unity we displayed during the election. No regrets in supporting GEJ.
now dats d spirit. d truth is am not bothered one bit by buari excluding south east from dis loan, after all d loan will sink nigeria. let d dullard do wat he wants. history will be there to judge him.

1 Like

Re: Buhari, Saraki Strike Deal Over $29.9b Loan Request by Innomach(m): 1:28pm On Nov 06, 2016
omenka:
You know I don't like responding to any of "you people" because it always amounts to sheer waste of energy and time doing so.

Did you see me mention "East" anywhere Do you need glasses to see clearly??

Abeg just stay your lane this morning my brother.

Thank you.
If you do not like the heat, stay off the kitchen. Hypocrite!
Re: Buhari, Saraki Strike Deal Over $29.9b Loan Request by Realist2: 1:47pm On Nov 06, 2016
I taught buhari promised to do things differently, why borrow to finance '' projects '' when he has recovered over #6trillion?.
Only God can save Nigeria from the hands of this deceiver.

1 Like

Re: Buhari, Saraki Strike Deal Over $29.9b Loan Request by Adminisher: 1:59pm On Nov 06, 2016
Siberia101:
Financial Slavery grin cheesy grin grin

29.9 billion dollars is chicken change for Nigeria. If it delivers power and rail alone, Nigeria will fly.
Re: Buhari, Saraki Strike Deal Over $29.9b Loan Request by Adminisher: 2:09pm On Nov 06, 2016
Realist2:
I taught buhari promised to do things differently, why borrow to finance '' projects '' when he has recovered over #6trillion?.

I could have #6 trillion cash and still borrow. If I spend all my #6trillion Naira on infrastructure the Naira value will drop further to 750 to the dollar immediately. If I take 23 billion dollar loan I keep Naira value stable and my projects will increase GDP and internal efficiency that makes Nigeria great. Nigeria would be stupid after devaluing it's currency and removing fuel subsidy not to take up all the money on offer to put young people to work.

1 Like

Re: Buhari, Saraki Strike Deal Over $29.9b Loan Request by lailo: 2:15pm On Nov 06, 2016
WriteBoy:

Cutting the East out of the loan is nothing but wickedness at best. All Nigerians should share in both the spoils and the responsibility. Do you mean we can pay tax but not enjoy amenities?
Where did u see d details dat d east is cut off?Pls stop spreading fear and hatred.All d senotors,reps,governors,ambassadors,Head of agencies.Ministers from east are all sleeping abi?Kwontiniu

1 Like

Re: Buhari, Saraki Strike Deal Over $29.9b Loan Request by Tonason: 2:39pm On Nov 06, 2016
To cut the long story short, how much from the loan was agreed to be shared among the Senators, that they will never tell you. Hehe,
Re: Buhari, Saraki Strike Deal Over $29.9b Loan Request by banki(m): 2:45pm On Nov 06, 2016
Realist2:
Stop using GODS name in vain

When did buhari tell u he recovered 6 trillion?
The same people like you want the govt to spend the loots that you Dont believe were looted
The same people like you support those who are against the fight against corruption
The same people like you go to court and carry banners frustrate the legal process

I call people like you enemies
Re: Buhari, Saraki Strike Deal Over $29.9b Loan Request by Ladokun12(m): 3:43pm On Nov 06, 2016
pls o al dis loan,nd loan cnt dy b spent on providing enough food nd goods for Nigerians at a cheaper rate rada dan al dis infrastructure dis nd dat,na railroad we go chop smh# oya talk o
Re: Buhari, Saraki Strike Deal Over $29.9b Loan Request by caracas: 3:55pm On Nov 06, 2016
WriteBoy:

Well, I must apologize for falling for your bait. My lane has never looked more inviting!
You seem to be new on nairaland
The guy u quoted is à well known dullardinhoooo
His wife was snatched by à Sharp igbo boy ,hence his penchant for always attacking anything igbo,while the fulanis he supports with his life keeps sending his people to their early graves,day by day.
But dont worry ,he has been dealt with several times n will continue to be dealt with .
Trust the igbos,we no dey dull.
Re: Buhari, Saraki Strike Deal Over $29.9b Loan Request by tempel(m): 3:56pm On Nov 06, 2016
Nigerians are not good borrowers. They'll actually spend $9b on projects and share $20b.
Re: Buhari, Saraki Strike Deal Over $29.9b Loan Request by Ugik(m): 4:38pm On Nov 06, 2016
the nitty gritty of the loan and clause attached to it makes it viable to process but the implementation is what worried about
Re: Buhari, Saraki Strike Deal Over $29.9b Loan Request by Emassive(m): 4:50pm On Nov 06, 2016
Guy who are you sef?
omenka:
They've started arriving again to criticise, insult, and state a billion reasons why the loan shouldn't be approved by the Senate.

These same people wept, wailed and whined endlessly on another thread over how their region was "left out" (even though it was just the usual we-are-being-marginalised lies they flood cyberspace with daily) of the regions where the critical infrastructures are to be sited.

I would embrace any lawful move taken by mr President to take us out of this economic doldrums occasioned largely by the wastefulness of corruption of the Ineffectual Buffoon.

#InBabaITrust.

#InNigeriaIBelieve.
Re: Buhari, Saraki Strike Deal Over $29.9b Loan Request by Emassive(m): 4:56pm On Nov 06, 2016
omenka:

#InBabaITrust.

#InNigeriaIBelieve.
Re: Buhari, Saraki Strike Deal Over $29.9b Loan Request by basilo102: 5:12pm On Nov 06, 2016
omenka:

#InBabaITrust.

#InNigeriaIBelieve.
who are these imaginary people you cant comment without mentioning? You must be really tormented by these people
Re: Buhari, Saraki Strike Deal Over $29.9b Loan Request by MrPresident1: 5:13pm On Nov 06, 2016
Nigerians have rejected God and wisdom, so they MUST be ENSLAVED.

Buhari's loan is your slavery!
Re: Buhari, Saraki Strike Deal Over $29.9b Loan Request by MrPresident1: 5:19pm On Nov 06, 2016

Buhari's loan is your slavery and destruction!

This loan request does not have anything to do with infrastructure development, you are essentially a devolved people, the people who borrowed money in the past are wiser than this generation, yet the loans they borrowed were wasted, talkless of this lost and useless generation. This loan is about your enslavement. This loan is your slavery.

Buhari's loan is evil!
Re: Buhari, Saraki Strike Deal Over $29.9b Loan Request by basilo102: 5:23pm On Nov 06, 2016
borrow money from white man, give it to another white man to build one or two things. Any Idi.ot can do that. If the enormous human and natural resource can not be harnessed by the govt to create wealth and progress then the govt is a joke
Re: Buhari, Saraki Strike Deal Over $29.9b Loan Request by fakuta(f): 6:07pm On Nov 06, 2016
I said it At first they didn't show their share But now they will get what they want
Re: Buhari, Saraki Strike Deal Over $29.9b Loan Request by saintmark88(m): 6:10pm On Nov 06, 2016
Hiploko:
occasioned largely by the *ineffectual Buuffon*...2016 version. Oya tell us Mr Zombie who chairman-ed the 1984 recession version..

Shagaris my broda, it was d level of corruption in shagaris govt Tht led to d toppling of his govt by d military, it was ridden with all manner of corruption. The army couldn't take it anymore, so they toppled it n but buhari, buh his govt wasn't given enuf time to rip the effort of his govt bfre it was scattered by babangida...Imagine what would have happened if d discipline Buhari was planning to instil n people den had become a way of life for Nigerians wouldn't Nigeria have been a better place for u n I??....

When the state of corruption in Jonathan govt was unbearable, d military couldn't take over, because of d time of military coup has long passed, who did Nigerians turn to the same Buhari....

Truth is no one likes his method, because he takes d proper method of doing tins, buh d proper method takes time to yield results, Nigerians dnt want to suffer n we r naturally impatient people, drive on a Nigerian road n I'll c wah am talking bout... We r too impatient.... So we hate his methods, buh other methods that we have tried have lead us back to d same issue, tht is issue of cutting corners, corruption, stealing and other vices.

Nigerians are ready to be patient with him this time, nd c were the country is heading, as far as I c his moves n I know he is taking the right decisions, even if m hungry, which am not... I am ready to make sure he sees out his tenure n even vote for him a second time
Re: Buhari, Saraki Strike Deal Over $29.9b Loan Request by kabman: 6:56pm On Nov 06, 2016
Good,borrow as much as possible before fiat money collapses.just hope buhari wll atleat use 70% of the money.

1 Like

Re: Buhari, Saraki Strike Deal Over $29.9b Loan Request by Hiploko(m): 7:54pm On Nov 06, 2016
saintmark88:

Shagaris my broda, it was d level of corruption in shagaris govt Tht led to d toppling of his govt by d military, it was ridden with all manner of corruption. The army couldn't take it anymore, so they toppled it n but buhari, buh his govt wasn't given enuf time to rip the effort of his govt bfre it was scattered by babangida...Imagine what would have happened if d discipline Buhari was planning to instil n people den had become a way of life for Nigerians wouldn't Nigeria have been a better place for u n I??....

When the state of corruption in Jonathan govt was unbearable, d military couldn't take over, because of d time of military coup has long passed, who did Nigerians turn to the same Buhari....

Truth is no one likes his method, because he takes d proper method of doing tins, buh d proper method takes time to yield results, Nigerians dnt want to suffer n we r naturally impatient people, drive on a Nigerian road n I'll c wah am talking bout... We r too impatient.... So we hate his methods, buh other methods that we have tried have lead us back to d same issue, tht is issue of cutting corners, corruption, stealing and other vices.

Nigerians are ready to be patient with him this time, nd c were the country is heading, as far as I c his moves n I know he is taking the right decisions, even if m hungry, which am not... I am ready to make sure he sees out his tenure n even vote for him a second time
how can you waste time and MB to type all the rubbish you typed up there?
Re: Buhari, Saraki Strike Deal Over $29.9b Loan Request by jinneyb(m): 9:27pm On Nov 06, 2016
WriteBoy:

We have to cry wolf my brother, because in the absence of such a cry, the shroud may be passed over our eyes again.

Knowing the present atmosphere on ground, the obvious disenchantment of the East with the Federal government owing to years of neglect and Mr. President's tension rousing statements --5 percenters comes to mind-- and obvious mistrust all Nigerians (not a single region mind you) have with the government when it comes to money and other sensitive issues, it behooves the government to be as transparent as possible in all the processes leading up to the request in the senate.

If the government had been as open as should be, YOU would know the exact details of the proposed loan expenditure, even the senate doesn't! And you say no one should cry wolf?

No brother! We would cry and cry until things are righted.

Just make sure you use a towel and not handkerchief for your tears.
Re: Buhari, Saraki Strike Deal Over $29.9b Loan Request by jinneyb(m): 9:44pm On Nov 06, 2016
basilo102:
borrow money from white man, give it to another white man to build one or two things. Any Idi.ot can do that. If the enormous human and natural resource can not be harnessed by the govt to create wealth and progress then the govt is a joke

If that's the case, then this current idiot should be allowed to borrow.

If we are so sure the nation have resources, then why haven't we harnessed it.

And what's our reaction to those trying to harness it?

Are we ready for it to be harnessed. Is our patience up to that level?

We want things to change but we are not patient for it, a quick fix is being proposed and we are countering it.

What exactly do we want?
Re: Buhari, Saraki Strike Deal Over $29.9b Loan Request by jinneyb(m): 9:53pm On Nov 06, 2016
MrPresident1:

Buhari's loan is your slavery and destruction!

This loan request does not have anything to do with infrastructure development, you are essentially a devolved people, the people who borrowed money in the past are wiser than this generation, yet the loans they borrowed were wasted, talkless of this lost and useless generation. This loan is about your enslavement. This loan is your slavery.

Buhari's loan is evil!

I see how betrayed you are. But whether it's now or later, we'll have to give the trust to our leaders, the question is why keep what we have to do till later and not now?

As hard as it is to trust, it's what we have to do.

Believe!
Re: Buhari, Saraki Strike Deal Over $29.9b Loan Request by MrPresident1: 9:58pm On Nov 06, 2016
jinneyb:

I see how betrayed you are. But whether it's now or later, we'll have to give the trust to our leaders, the question is why keep what we have to do till later and not now?

As hard as it is to trust, it's what we have to do.

Believe!

I am not betrayed. I do not feel betrayed.

I am telling you the implication of Buhari's loan.

The loan means slavery.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Midwest Movement Threatens To Declare Bendel Republic / EFCC Recovers N38m Bullet-proof SUV From Ex-nimasa DG / Throwback Photos Of Nigerian Senators

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.