Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,753 members, 7,820,606 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:01 PM

What Is Your Reason Of Going To Church Today. - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is Your Reason Of Going To Church Today. (8415 Views)

Selfie Sunday: What Are You Wearing To Church Today? / Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. / What Are The Significance Of Going To Church Every 31st Of December? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is Your Reason Of Going To Church Today. by Blaqsmith(m): 7:17am On Nov 06, 2016
To charge my phone and reading lamps.

2 Likes

Re: What Is Your Reason Of Going To Church Today. by dermmy(m): 7:17am On Nov 06, 2016
FYI sunday is not a sabbath day and keeping of sabbath was part the law God gave to the people of israel and the law has been laid aside now we live by faith keeping of the sabbath according to the law does not matter anymore infact the sabbath was given to the nation of israel. We go to church on sundays not to observe sabbath but to unite with fellow Christians coz there is power when we pray together as on body in christ JESUS. wink
Re: What Is Your Reason Of Going To Church Today. by thecrush: 7:17am On Nov 06, 2016
I want to be closer to God everyday...

Today is also our Harvest at Sacred Heart Catholic Church, Ojota

2 Likes

Re: What Is Your Reason Of Going To Church Today. by HIScraziness(m): 7:17am On Nov 06, 2016
martineverest:
going to church just because of choir??no wonder we dont see church impact on nigerians

Can you tell one thing we go to church to do?? undecided

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Reason Of Going To Church Today. by bangging(m): 7:18am On Nov 06, 2016
emelux:
Good morning And Happy Sunday,today is the Sabbath day which was to keep Holy,Wat have u done to keep this day Holy...

So many Christians of nowadays goes to church just to please others,some going to show their New cloths,Phones,Cars, forgetting that God deserve more than that in is present,Many people refuse to get near a church unless their nephew is playing the role of a sheep in the Christmas pageant! They claim they can get more out of a walk in the woods than from the typical sermon.

When you become a Christian, you are called into a relationship with God (1 Corinthians 1:9). But I John 1:3 makes it clear that we enter a fellowship that goes two ways: with God and with other Christians.

USE OF SPIRITUAL GIFTS÷I Corinthians 12 makes it clear that God has given spiritual gifts to every Christian. And verse 7 states unmistakably that these abilities are not provided to make you feel good; they are abilities to minister that should be used for the common good! I Peter 4:10 commands us to use spiritual gifts to help each other.

HELP÷The New Testament is full of “one another” commands. We are to comfort one another (I Thessalonians 4:18), build up one another (I Thessalonians 5:11), confess our sins to one another (James 5:16), pray for one another (James 5:16), and many more. How can we obey these directives if we stay away from the gathering of believers?so you have reason going to church than going to show your swags.........

ACCOUNTABILITY—God designed the church as a place where spiritual leaders could watch out for our welfare, as a shepherd guards the sheep (I Peter 5:1-4; Hebrews 13:17). A Christian who answers only to himself can easily rationalize sinful attitudes or actions; regular contact with other Christians can keep us sharp,protect and guide our decision making....

God bless you all......
is today a sabbat Day?
Re: What Is Your Reason Of Going To Church Today. by brostheo(m): 7:18am On Nov 06, 2016
The only reason I used to go to church then was to sew and look at fine girls then.More so,I couldn't tell my father I wasn't going

But this day bro,it's better I don't go
You even get intimidated more in the so called 'house of God' if you aibt wearing the latest clothes designers, dropping the fattest tithes as this days, tithes are done every Sunday. Or using the biggest iPad or tablets

Then you simply sleeping ontop okada,no body go send you not even your pastor

I think rgw churches has lot it's purpose

3 Likes

Re: What Is Your Reason Of Going To Church Today. by lonelydora: 7:20am On Nov 06, 2016
villareal15:
It's about that time. smiley
Why flaunt this fake G-shock? grin
Re: What Is Your Reason Of Going To Church Today. by emelux: 7:22am On Nov 06, 2016
Re: What Is Your Reason Of Going To Church Today. by Nobody: 7:22am On Nov 06, 2016
Because my parents are going to church undecided

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Reason Of Going To Church Today. by Nobody: 7:23am On Nov 06, 2016
I am not going but any sunday I attend mass I go there to watch the backside of girls going for communion and offering.

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Reason Of Going To Church Today. by TomHagen: 7:24am On Nov 06, 2016
brostheo:
The only reason I used to go to church then was to sew and look at fine girls then.More so,I couldn't tell my father I wasn't going

But this day bro,it's better I don't go
You even get intimidated more in the so called 'house of God' if you aibt wearing the latest clothes designers, dropping the fattest tithes as this days, tithes are done every Sunday. Or using the biggest iPad or tablets

Then you simply sleeping ontop okada,no body go send you not even your pastor

I think rgw churches has lot it's purpose
Quite true.

2 Likes

Re: What Is Your Reason Of Going To Church Today. by errigdee: 7:30am On Nov 06, 2016
jst to go and pray to God and exhalt his name
Re: What Is Your Reason Of Going To Church Today. by GoodSide: 7:30am On Nov 06, 2016
seriously.
only on sundays do fools come up on here to act religious and shiiit.
only on sundays do ppl remember there is a God they need to worship
only on sundays do opoes go to church.
only on sundays is church crowded by 98 percent of the church population going to hell.
wtf

2 Likes

Re: What Is Your Reason Of Going To Church Today. by shizzy7(f): 7:31am On Nov 06, 2016
AfonjaStinks:

I remember one day in September 2001, My dad gave me money to pay the electricity bill but instead i bought a lottery ticket for a brand new car

When i got home, i told my dad what i did with the money he gave me and he flog the living daylights out of my brain with his leather belt

The next Morning, my father had to go to work early in the morning at 7:30am, when he opened the door, he saw a brand new car parked in our compound, he called out and we were rejoicing, I was really crying because i bought the ticket that won the car

A man got out of the car and told my father that they're from the NEPA office and that was their car, they're here to cut our light, my father flogged me again with knife till i fainted
D U M B

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Reason Of Going To Church Today. by xreal: 7:36am On Nov 06, 2016
To sight my crush once again.

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Reason Of Going To Church Today. by don4real18(m): 7:38am On Nov 06, 2016
To know how much is approved for today's offering

3 Likes

Re: What Is Your Reason Of Going To Church Today. by Nobody: 7:41am On Nov 06, 2016
shizzy7:
D U M B

It's like you haven't heard of me ??

I will put your little ass to sleep real quick
Re: What Is Your Reason Of Going To Church Today. by Nobody: 7:42am On Nov 06, 2016
ollymoore:
My going to church today is to put end to my own reccesion
Omg!! You're funny
Re: What Is Your Reason Of Going To Church Today. by Nobody: 7:44am On Nov 06, 2016
McCarlito:

RIP English grin grin grin grin
oh dear! Because of the missing 'ed' . You're funny
Re: What Is Your Reason Of Going To Church Today. by Nobody: 7:44am On Nov 06, 2016
I dey go Sabbath
Re: What Is Your Reason Of Going To Church Today. by bodmas119(m): 7:45am On Nov 06, 2016
to bless his holy name and to receive uncommon favour.
Re: What Is Your Reason Of Going To Church Today. by Fireandice(f): 7:45am On Nov 06, 2016
Help me win a competition, click on the link and view the video thanks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXb0eCahvuQ
Re: What Is Your Reason Of Going To Church Today. by Nobody: 7:46am On Nov 06, 2016
Chai! My pple say "it is na wa". Judging by people's comment; hell fire go full remain cheesy
Re: What Is Your Reason Of Going To Church Today. by seguno2: 7:46am On Nov 06, 2016
Sing and dance with others plus give money to god whom the pastor claims to represent.

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Reason Of Going To Church Today. by Nobody: 7:48am On Nov 06, 2016
Nothing Pushes me to goto church if not for the heavenly praise and dances!! Lol

Each time I remember who's gonna sing,I took on my heels to church.

Ofcos,I go there to worship God and tell him " Oh God !! .. Atleast we made it,not regarding the recession,He kept Us. I'm so grateful

But nothing makes a church boring than hot praises,everything hot..

Who's supporting me?
Re: What Is Your Reason Of Going To Church Today. by seguno2: 7:48am On Nov 06, 2016
Stelvin101:
Chai! My pple say "it is na wa". Judging by people's comment; hell fire go full remain cheesy

Which one because we are in hell already with no electricity, no water, no jobs?

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Reason Of Going To Church Today. by mosesuwakwe: 7:48am On Nov 06, 2016
different strokes for different folks. May God help us.
Re: What Is Your Reason Of Going To Church Today. by seguno2: 7:50am On Nov 06, 2016
bodmas119:
to bless his holy name and to receive uncommon favour.

.....which is only possible in church since god is no longer omnipresent.
Na wah oh. See reasoning.
Re: What Is Your Reason Of Going To Church Today. by Edwinmason(m): 7:51am On Nov 06, 2016
McCarlito:
RIP English grin grin grin grin
OYA OGA BOSS CORRECT ME PLS
Re: What Is Your Reason Of Going To Church Today. by fapcrook(m): 7:54am On Nov 06, 2016
AfonjaStinks:

I remember one day in September 2001, My dad gave me money to pay the electricity bill but instead i bought a lottery ticket for a brand new car

When i got home, i told my dad what i did with the money he gave me and he flog the living daylights out of my brain with his leather belt

The next Morning, my father had to go to work early in the morning at 7:30am, when he opened the door, he saw a brand new car parked in our compound, he called out and we were rejoicing, I was really crying because i bought the ticket that won the car

A man got out of the car and told my father that they're from the NEPA office and that was their car, they're here to cut our light, my father flogged me again with knife till i fainted
na lie joor, NEPA no dey use brand new car to go and disconnect light
Re: What Is Your Reason Of Going To Church Today. by seguno2: 7:55am On Nov 06, 2016
errigdee:
jst to go and pray to God and exhalt his name

.......because this cannot be done elsewhere and everywhere since he can only hear the prayers and exhaltations when you are in the church building only.
Na you biko.
Re: What Is Your Reason Of Going To Church Today. by youngjagaban(m): 7:55am On Nov 06, 2016
[quote author=HIScraziness post=50802815][i][b]I'm going because of the heavenly choir in my church cheesy cheesy, omo ehn! They can sing for Africa cheesy cheesy

receive ur sense

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Significant Of Ashura And Tashura (9 & 10th Of Muharram: 12 & 13;NOV,2013) / Jesus Christ Is God / Why Did God Condone Such Terrible Violence In The Old Testament?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.