Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,838 members, 7,820,917 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:56 AM

What Is Your Reason Of Going To Church Today. - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is Your Reason Of Going To Church Today. (8418 Views)

Selfie Sunday: What Are You Wearing To Church Today? / Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. / What Are The Significance Of Going To Church Every 31st Of December? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is Your Reason Of Going To Church Today. by fapcrook(m): 7:57am On Nov 06, 2016
dangotesmummy:
I'm going because I want to give my friend her money for aso ebi.if not for her I won't go because I have clothes to wash and my daughter's clothes, uniform and socks undecided

Also to see the latest clothes ladies are wearing undecided

And to see the man my friend is getting married to undecided

I'm not going there to listen to any sermon because I've heard more than enough for the past 30 something years undecided
dangotesmummy you are funny o

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Reason Of Going To Church Today. by Nobody: 8:00am On Nov 06, 2016
Because am alive, my living is for Christ and to die is gain
Re: What Is Your Reason Of Going To Church Today. by rosalieene(f): 8:08am On Nov 06, 2016
Stale talk
Re: What Is Your Reason Of Going To Church Today. by treebuds: 8:12am On Nov 06, 2016
emelux:
Good morning And Happy Sunday,today is the Sabbath day which was to keep Holy,Wat have u done to keep this day Holy...

So many Christians of nowadays goes to church just to please others,some going to show their New cloths,Phones,Cars, forgetting that God deserve more than that in is present,Many people refuse to get near a church unless their nephew is playing the role of a sheep in the Christmas pageant! They claim they can get more out of a walk in the woods than from the typical sermon.

When you become a Christian, you are called into a relationship with God (1 Corinthians 1:9). But I John 1:3 makes it clear that we enter a fellowship that goes two ways: with God and with other Christians.

USE OF SPIRITUAL GIFTS÷I Corinthians 12 makes it clear that God has given spiritual gifts to every Christian. And verse 7 states unmistakably that these abilities are not provided to make you feel good; they are abilities to minister that should be used for the common good! I Peter 4:10 commands us to use spiritual gifts to help each other.

HELP÷The New Testament is full of “one another” commands. We are to comfort one another (I Thessalonians 4:18), build up one another (I Thessalonians 5:11), confess our sins to one another (James 5:16), pray for one another (James 5:16), and many more. How can we obey these directives if we stay away from the gathering of believers?so you have reason going to church than going to show your swags.........

ACCOUNTABILITY—God designed the church as a place where spiritual leaders could watch out for our welfare, as a shepherd guards the sheep (I Peter 5:1-4; Hebrews 13:17). A Christian who answers only to himself can easily rationalize sinful attitudes or actions; regular contact with other Christians can keep us sharp,protect and guide our decision making....

God bless you all......
Jesus did not preach about church, he preach about the kingdom of God which is righteousness, peace etc. He to He said if you want to give offering and you have offended anyone, first you go and settle with that person before youe giving the offering, meaning that offering should not come first. The church gives room for announcements, offering, praises, sermon. So no room for hearing from the needy, settle disputes etc.
The church will be at otsnbest when Holy Ghost defended upon the brethren. When the early Christians sell their belonging for then kingdom and those who try to conceal whatever from the members die instantly.
The church should be at its best when Holy Spirit is decides the preacher, the leader etc. And not by the founders. When tight and offering is used for the work of God and not for business
Re: What Is Your Reason Of Going To Church Today. by CplusJason: 8:18am On Nov 06, 2016
rosalieene:
Stale talk
undecided

2 Likes

Re: What Is Your Reason Of Going To Church Today. by Nobody: 8:19am On Nov 06, 2016
GoodSide:
seriously.
only on sundays do fools come up on here to act religious and shiiit.
only on sundays do ppl remember there is a God they need to worship
only on sundays do opoes go to church.
only on sundays is church crowded by 98 percent of the church population going to hell.
wtf

#fact @bold
Re: What Is Your Reason Of Going To Church Today. by dangotesmummy: 8:29am On Nov 06, 2016
fapcrook:
dangotesmummy you are funny o
I'm just being honest to myself wink
Re: What Is Your Reason Of Going To Church Today. by jattshaf(m): 8:37am On Nov 06, 2016
I rather be in the bar and be thinking about God than being in the church and be thinking about beer
Re: What Is Your Reason Of Going To Church Today. by KillerBeauty(f): 8:40am On Nov 06, 2016
Today is Thanksgiving day and I'm so thankful for what God has been doing for me and my family. He had put joy in my heart and testimony in my mouth.

I just want to join my brethren to celebrate Christ today.
Praise the Lord
Re: What Is Your Reason Of Going To Church Today. by OlaoChi: 8:54am On Nov 06, 2016
emelux:
Good morning And Happy Sunday,today is the Sabbath day which was to keep Holy,Wat have u done to keep this day Holy...

So many Christians of nowadays goes to church just to please others,some going to show their New cloths,Phones,Cars, forgetting that God deserve more than that in is present,Many people refuse to get near a church unless their nephew is playing the role of a sheep in the Christmas pageant! They claim they can get more out of a walk in the woods than from the typical sermon.

When you become a Christian, you are called into a relationship with God (1 Corinthians 1:9). But I John 1:3 makes it clear that we enter a fellowship that goes two ways: with God and with other Christians.

USE OF SPIRITUAL GIFTS÷I Corinthians 12 makes it clear that God has given spiritual gifts to every Christian. And verse 7 states unmistakably that these abilities are not provided to make you feel good; they are abilities to minister that should be used for the common good! I Peter 4:10 commands us to use spiritual gifts to help each other.

HELP÷The New Testament is full of “one another” commands. We are to comfort one another (I Thessalonians 4:18), build up one another (I Thessalonians 5:11), confess our sins to one another (James 5:16), pray for one another (James 5:16), and many more. How can we obey these directives if we stay away from the gathering of believers?so you have reason going to church than going to show your swags.........

ACCOUNTABILITY—God designed the church as a place where spiritual leaders could watch out for our welfare, as a shepherd guards the sheep (I Peter 5:1-4; Hebrews 13:17). A Christian who answers only to himself can easily rationalize sinful attitudes or actions; regular contact with other Christians can keep us sharp,protect and guide our decision making....

God bless you all......

actually the Sabbath is Saturday. Sunday worship was created by Constantine to rival the Sunday worship of the pagans

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Reason Of Going To Church Today. by windeal: 8:58am On Nov 06, 2016
Olasco93:
Going to church is not a Sunday-Sunday thing, it's beyond that. Going to church should involve all the church activities/meetings one is required to be part of.
I have many reasons to go to church and so many other reasons not to go to church. But I discovered over time that the Reason to go to church outweighs the reasons not to go because "For what will it profit a man if he gains the whole world, and loses his own soul?"
These are some of my topmost reasons:
It Is What Jesus Did
Luke 14:6 says, "Jesus went back to
Nazareth, where he'd been brought up and as usual he went to the meeting place on the Sabbath."

It Is a Good Habit
Hebrews 10:25 says, "Some people have gotten out of the habit of meeting for worship. But we must not do that. We should keep on encouraging each other, especially since you know that the day of the Lord's coming is getting closer."
It Is a Positive Example
Going to church is a positive example. When you go to church, you're setting an example. You are setting an example that other people notice. It is an example that becomes an inspiration for others. People who are trying to make their lives better, people who want a positive change are going to be impacted by an
example of someone who is committed to regular church attendance. For those of you who are married, it's a positive example to your spouse. For those of you that have children, it's an absolutely positive example for your kids to know that on Sunday and other days you go to church. For the people around you, whether it's your friends or your co-workers, whether it's your family, when they see that you have a commitment that is leading you to
living a better life - that is a positive
example that other people can follow.
It Is Important for Fellowship
Look again at what the Bible says, "Do not forsake the gathering of the believers." Some have gotten out of the habit. We should not do that. We should keep on encouraging each other. The church is an encouraging place. We all need encouragement. Life is hard. Life is difficult. We all run into various kinds of challenges; health problems, financial issues, conflict within our families. We have an opportunity to encourage one another and that is part of what church is about.
It Is Essential for Growth
It is absolutely essential for spiritual
growth to regularly attend church. I have this phrase, "The service you miss is the service you need." Each service is tailored and designed to maximize your Sunday and other days worship so that you can leave with the best possible spiritual experience. You can praise and worship God and you can learn things that you didn't know before. You will be challenged. You're going to be motivated. Church is where you will be inspired to go higher than you've gone, to live a life that is godlier and greater than you've been living, to sync your life up with Jesus and His purpose and plan for your life. You will come to understand why you're here on this
earth: to serve, to give and to love. Don't come occasionally to church. Don't just come when you feel like it. Make regular church attendance a priority and let it be a good habit that becomes a part of who you are. Nothing does more for your spiritual health than regularly being in church. Being in a church service is irreplaceable. It is a moment in time and once it's gone, it's gone forever. There will always be competition for your time and other things that you could do on a service days. But these are really good reasons you should regularly attend church.
Shalom
You get time
Re: What Is Your Reason Of Going To Church Today. by HIScraziness(m): 9:06am On Nov 06, 2016
[quote author=youngjagaban post=50803858][/quote]

#ignored!!
Re: What Is Your Reason Of Going To Church Today. by KealDrogo: 9:33am On Nov 06, 2016
just to socialize with friends embarassed.
Re: What Is Your Reason Of Going To Church Today. by tunaguy(m): 10:03am On Nov 06, 2016
i wasn't supposed too go cause i have got London derby by 12, but if i no go church my girlfriend go dey vex after telling her today is London derby, na y i kuku go d first service with sleep in my eyes, even as i dey church, ion even get interest that's why am trying too prolong this comment, But that one no concern me, spurs are coming too the Emirates and we will take 3 points from them thats the only thing that matters.... #COYG!!!!
Re: What Is Your Reason Of Going To Church Today. by shizzy7(f): 10:47am On Nov 06, 2016
AfonjaStinks:

It's like you haven't heard of me ??

I will put your little ass to sleep real quick
Yep, i don't wanna hear about you.....

All I know is; that post my dear is DUMB
You can read it again to confirm the DUMBNESS

NB:: I didn't call you DUMB, it's just the post grin
Re: What Is Your Reason Of Going To Church Today. by Welcomme: 11:48am On Nov 06, 2016
Akshow:
Because churches are for clowns
Masjid n mosques are for animals and terrorist

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Reason Of Going To Church Today. by Nobody: 11:58am On Nov 06, 2016
i go to church because one needs to fellowship with the brethren , interact with people and contribute to its growth.

My personal experience, fellowship isn't happening there anymore, people just go there to pass time and act scripts.

This happens because churches have now become places for entertainment, pampering . This is increasingly becoming a hard task due to recession.
Re: What Is Your Reason Of Going To Church Today. by Akshow: 12:18pm On Nov 06, 2016
Welcomme:
Masjid n mosques are for animals and terrorist
Very correct.
Re: What Is Your Reason Of Going To Church Today. by petersfleming: 1:15pm On Nov 06, 2016
to collect first timers gift
Re: What Is Your Reason Of Going To Church Today. by apatheticme(f): 2:05pm On Nov 06, 2016
dangotesmummy:
I'm going because I want to give my friend her money for aso ebi.if not for her I won't go because I have clothes to wash and my daughter's clothes, uniform and socks undecided

Also to see the latest clothes ladies are wearing undecided

And to see the man my friend is getting married to undecided

I'm not going there to listen to any sermon because I've heard more than enough for the past 30 something years undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is Your Reason Of Going To Church Today. by EreluY(f): 2:39pm On Nov 06, 2016
[size=16pt]Today is not Sabbath (Seventh day of the week - See Exodus 20:10). Yesterday was. Today is Sunday (First day of the week). MATTHEW 28: 1 states, "After the Sabbath, at dawn on the first day of the week, Mary Magdalene and the other Mary went to look at the tomb.[/size]
Re: What Is Your Reason Of Going To Church Today. by GoodSide: 2:42pm On Nov 06, 2016
adepeter26:

#fact @bold
Re: What Is Your Reason Of Going To Church Today. by dangotesmummy: 4:39pm On Nov 06, 2016
apatheticme:

Aswear u're mouthed! And I love ur feministic tendencies grin
thank you jare cool

Mission accomplished.collected .paid for my aso ebi and collected the souvenir ahead of the owanmbe.

I've been attending church since I was little and I grew up hearing the same thing over and over again. Same routine every Sunday Same practice. Nothing New they want to preach that I don't already know undecided

Moreso next Sunday I'm going again to check out the latest gele styles in vogue so that I know how I will slay for the owanmbe undecided

As church dey go on sef I dey ping.even the usher wey near me wey want dey yarn dust I use eye poshu am comity for my side undecided

I no even pay any offering OR tithe.that money is going to the tailor. She has to make me look on point undecided

Akanot be putting my money into offering basket and someone in the name of pastors wife will be using my money to buy skirt suit and hat undecided

I Don wise now. undecided

If I want to talk to my God my bedroom and sitting room is big enough to communicate with God afterall he's omnipotent and omnipresent.he's every where at the same time undecided
Re: What Is Your Reason Of Going To Church Today. by dangotesmummy: 4:52pm On Nov 06, 2016
kaeforum:
i go to church because one needs to fellowship with the brethren , interact with people and contribute to its growth.

My personal experience, fellowship isn't happening there anymore, people just go there to pass time and act scripts.

This happens because churches have now become places for entertainment, pampering . This is increasingly becoming a hard task due to recession.

what IS the difference between todays church and a social centre

What are they say in church that you haven't heard before
don't steal if not you will go to hell
Don't lie because if you do you'll go to hell
Don't fok another person's wife
Worship God
pay your tithe and offering if not you'll go to hell and so on and so forth

Even without going to church didn't your mother TELL you that as a kid

Infact the people going to church to show off are more than the people going to church to genuinely Worship God IN spirit and in truth undecided

Next!
Re: What Is Your Reason Of Going To Church Today. by dangotesmummy: 4:57pm On Nov 06, 2016
OlaoChi:

actually the Sabbath is Saturday. Sunday worship was created by Constantine to rival the Sunday worship of the pagans
seventh day Adventist worshiper spotted
Re: What Is Your Reason Of Going To Church Today. by Tajbol4splend(m): 7:46pm On Nov 06, 2016
amuijiji:
Pastors daughter, she just came back from Uk...

The pastor rich o
Re: What Is Your Reason Of Going To Church Today. by OlaoChi: 8:40pm On Nov 06, 2016
dangotesmummy:
seventh day Adventist worshiper spotted

my dear ignorant Nigerian. what I just said is historical fact.

till today the Jews worship on Saturdays as directed by Moses which is the Sabbath day not Sunday

I don't care about any 7th adventist nonsense
Re: What Is Your Reason Of Going To Church Today. by Odkboy23(m): 8:45pm On Nov 06, 2016
i went to church today because i was forced to attend, right now i'm staying with my sis, i don't have any choice.
Re: What Is Your Reason Of Going To Church Today. by amuijiji: 8:48pm On Nov 06, 2016
Tajbol4splend:

The pastor rich o

Cous the congregation rich..
Re: What Is Your Reason Of Going To Church Today. by dangotesmummy: 10:27pm On Nov 06, 2016
OlaoChi:

my dear ignorant Nigerian. what I just said is historical fact.

till today the Jews worship on Saturdays as directed by Moses which is the Sabbath day not Sunday

I don't care about any 7th adventist nonsense
blah blah blah tongue
Re: What Is Your Reason Of Going To Church Today. by apatheticme(f): 8:25am On Nov 07, 2016
dangotesmummy:
thank you jare cool

Mission accomplished.collected .paid for my aso ebi and collected the souvenir ahead of the owanmbe.

I've been attending church since I was little and I grew up hearing the same thing over and over again. Same routine every Sunday Same practice. Nothing New they want to preach that I don't already know undecided

Moreso next Sunday I'm going again to check out the latest gele styles in vogue so that I know how I will slay for the owanmbe undecided

As church dey go on sef I dey ping.even the usher wey near me wey want dey yarn dust I use eye poshu am comity for my side undecided

I no even pay any offering OR tithe.that money is going to the tailor. She has to make me look on point undecided

Akanot be putting my money into offering basket and someone in the name of pastors wife will be using my money to buy skirt suit and hat undecided

I Don wise now. undecided

If I want to talk to my God my bedroom and sitting room is big enough to communicate with God afterall he's omnipotent and omnipresent.he's every where at the same time undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is Your Reason Of Going To Church Today. by dangotesmummy: 4:11pm On Nov 07, 2016
apatheticme:

Lol, so true. Yes oh, God is supposedly everywhere, church own too much abeg
exactly undecided

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Jesus Christ Is God / Why Did God Condone Such Terrible Violence In The Old Testament? / Only Genuine Love Can Change The World – T.B. Joshua

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.