Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,139 members, 7,818,430 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:24 PM

Pastors And Thier Role In This Recession - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastors And Thier Role In This Recession (12207 Views)

God's Role In Choice Of A Life Partner And Marriage For Christians / Pastors And Controversies...kumuyi's Example / Kemi Olunloyo: Pastors And Their Aspirations To Be Like Jesus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastors And Thier Role In This Recession by Nobody: 8:46am On Nov 06, 2016
INTROVERT:

At least I gave you three bible passages on new testament and tithing and you can't even give one ... Hnmmm I just wonder.

In the old testament, that's before Jesus came and died, the Jews were commanded to give 1/10, offer burnt offerings and bring their first fruits and the high priest would pray for them. Deut12: 5-6, 11-13 . however our high priest now is Jesus and there is no need for that because Jesus never did it, Hus disciples never did it, the apostles never did it nor have I seen an example after Christ died of Christians doing it. Please I ask again show me a reference in the new testament that implores Christians on paying tithe. Luke 6:38, 1cor 16:1-2, 2cor 8:6-9
Its even a shame to know bible quotes and not know that paying tithe pleases God a lot. Your numerous bible quotations is not what God needs. So stop defending ur interest in d name of quoting bible

Come to think of it. You don't pay tithe yet issues on tithe keep getting ur attention. Perhaps you should use that energy and intelligence to please God by paying tithe and not thinking on whether ur pastor is pleased or not
Re: Pastors And Thier Role In This Recession by genpriest(m): 8:48am On Nov 06, 2016
Tithing is a Christian Virtue. God is the giver of all things, so giving 10% of your income to be used for the work of God is not what you should cry for.

The problem is you always think you are giving to man, when you give in church give as if you are giving to God and not man.
As for contributions, it's between you and God, if you have and can give, no problem, if you don't have, no one wiil kill you.

Whatever thing you give even if not in church, give as if you are giving to God cus it's only God that'll reward and bless you. No man, even your Pastor can't reward you because he is man.

If I call a man my pastor, then I believe that he is ordained by God and whatever he says is from God, so if he prays for me, all I have to do is say 'Amen' and believe God for it to come to pass.

Some of you don't even knw wat religion you are practising.... you are not a Christian, neither are you a Muslim or a traditional worshipper and worst of it all, u are not an atheist, you are just der!!!
Re: Pastors And Thier Role In This Recession by Nobody: 8:48am On Nov 06, 2016
dermmy:

Believe me if our pastors tell us to go to farm to bring farm produce as tithes and create a store house for them we would glady turn into farming and it's going to help church members that are hungry infact in this time of recession the church will roll out foods into the society and many people would feel the love of christ. And farming will help our country because we need more farmers. But our pastors have changed the word of God by turning tithes into money and sending them into their own store house which is their bank account. Ask me more questions i'm ready to lift the veil off your face and liberate you
Lol. Can u even handle a hoe

You don't have a point my dear
Re: Pastors And Thier Role In This Recession by Papiikush: 8:49am On Nov 06, 2016
RadicallyBlunt:

Simple which book of law says that its a man who should provide for the family and not a woman. Pls answer

Read genesis once more and stop being misguided. Now answer my question dude undecided
Re: Pastors And Thier Role In This Recession by dermmy(m): 8:50am On Nov 06, 2016
RadicallyBlunt:

God is raising his own vessels and they are going to lift off the veil
Re: Pastors And Thier Role In This Recession by OkoYibo: 8:51am On Nov 06, 2016
I remember when the government proposed taxing religious monetary gifts, CAN joined forces with the Muslim guys to oppose the position and reject it. These same guys want to collect what belongs to God, but refuse to give tk Caesar what belongs to Caesar.

As for tithes, these pastors collect money in God's name but live like Pontius Pilate. Look at that one who said his school fees are approved by God. He has 4 jets without having a visible source of wealth. His children are all in the business and they are heading lucrative branches.

You guys should keep dashing Pastor your money instead of using it to plan your children's future.

1 Like

Re: Pastors And Thier Role In This Recession by caprini1: 8:52am On Nov 06, 2016
The only clarifications I need is why proceeds from tithes are not used for stocking the store house of God......why do pastors still ask for members to buy chairs,pay for transportation to camps,contribute for widows,bring food to church for love feast and on and on?

4 Likes

Re: Pastors And Thier Role In This Recession by Nobody: 8:53am On Nov 06, 2016
Papiikush:

Read genesis once more and stop being misguided. Now answer my question dude undecided
Oh perfectly answered. Genesis is in the old testament right?

Now which book of law says you should bring all tithes in Gods storehouse
Re: Pastors And Thier Role In This Recession by dermmy(m): 8:53am On Nov 06, 2016
RadicallyBlunt:

God is raising his own vessels and they are going to lift the veil modern day pastors have placed on us because we have failed to read and understand God's word. So if you choose to remain in darkness it's your choice coz i see you have been brainwashed beyond help and may be you are a pastor that robs people of their hard earned money too.
Re: Pastors And Thier Role In This Recession by INTROVERT(f): 8:53am On Nov 06, 2016
RadicallyBlunt:

Its even a shame to know bible quotes and not know that paying tithe pleases God a lot. Your numerous bible quotations is not what God needs. So stop defending ur interest in d name of quoting bible

Come to think of it. You don't pay tithe yet: issues on tithe keep getting ur attention. Perhaps you should use that energy and intelligence to please God by paying tithe and not thinking on whether ur pastor is pleased or not

Happy Sunday.

1 Like

Re: Pastors And Thier Role In This Recession by benELOHIM7(m): 8:54am On Nov 06, 2016
When the followers of jesus were persecuted in jerusalem, charity was sent to them through the apostles from brethrens all over the world.
Paul in one of his letters said that one shouldnt have more than he needs when his brother is in lack but unfortunately modern christians have chosen to keep a blind eye to passages as this.
If christianity has lost its mandate which is love and empathy then you, my friend who calls himself a tither is being obtained by tricks.
A ceo of one of the renowned churches in this country owns a university the poor would never dream to attend. This means if he owned the food industry, textile industry and mortgage industry, only the rich would be fed, clothed and sheltered.
Brethren! The creator gave us a mind of our own that was robbed us by dogma, doctrines and beliefs. "The thief has come to steal, kill and to destroy but I come to give you life and life abundantly". Until we have an indepth knowledge of what Jesus was about, we'd always be slaves to our kind!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pastors And Thier Role In This Recession by Papiikush: 8:56am On Nov 06, 2016
RadicallyBlunt:

Oh perfectly answers. Genesis is in the old testament right?

Now which book of law says you should bring all tithes in Gods storehouse

all tithes which is not necessarily money. Now that same "book of law" said so there should be meet in my house

Meat which means the poor should be fed. Now tell me, how come is the poor not being fed? So because I thought about this and stopped taking my tithe to church I am not a Christian abi?

Bro, what church do you attend again?
Re: Pastors And Thier Role In This Recession by caprini1: 8:57am On Nov 06, 2016
dermmy:

God is raising his own vessels and they are going to lift the veil modern day pastors have placed on us because we have failed to read and understand God's word. So if you choose to remain in darkness it's your choice coz i see you have been brainwashed beyond help and may be you are a pastor that robs people of their hard earned money too.
The summary is when Jesus said " .....the time is coming when true believers will neither go to the temple or Jerusalem or any where......but shall worship God in truth and in spirit"

A lot is really happening in the Christendom.

The first churches we knew were Catholics and Anglicans,we were taught Good Morales back then and love for one another,same pacesetters of these churches,sees nothing wrong in gay marriages.

A certain Pentecostal church forbids television watching in the past,but now they watch more than everyone,infact their programmes are broadcasted live on TV.

We all know what is right,if we don't do it ,it becomes sin.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pastors And Thier Role In This Recession by slawali: 8:57am On Nov 06, 2016
Can somebody tell me diff btw church and coop org in nigeria,the purpose of churches are to make money for some ppl british brought the religion to us but we are the one taking to them,we even know jesus more than them. May God help us in Africa.
Re: Pastors And Thier Role In This Recession by Nobody: 8:58am On Nov 06, 2016
dermmy:

Lol its you who need help jawe. Veil or no veil. God's word are yea and amen. God honors his word than his name. No modernity can make him change his words. Obedience to Gods word isn't brainwashing
Re: Pastors And Thier Role In This Recession by stonemasonn: 9:01am On Nov 06, 2016
The message Christianity is passing across is that
God needs the money (tithes, offering etc) for his survival and that the reason he created man was to raise fund for his campaign against the forces of evil.

If: you are a Christian and you believe the above then by all means please pay you tithes with offerings and other donations unfailingly.
Else: please hold your peace.

Print (pay your tithes or shut the f**k up)
Re: Pastors And Thier Role In This Recession by Nobody: 9:05am On Nov 06, 2016
Papiikush:

all tithes which is not necessarily money. Now that same "book of law" said so there should be meet in my house

Meat which means the poor should be fed. Now tell me, how come is the poor not being fed? So because I thought about this and stopped taking my tithe to church I am not a Christian abi?

Bro, what church do you attend again?
Lol. So u chose the part of the bible that soothes ur purpose and left the part that are inconvenient for you as a person

Apart from the fact that some pastors are actually covetous about tithe, what exactly are you expecting the pastor to do...return the tithe to you?

Maybe you shd read verse 10 of Malachi 3 very well. Its Gods duty to open the windows of heaven for you and bless you not the pastor. Once you pay, you have obeyed God and he will bless you. Remove your mind from what d pastor does with it. He will be judged by God not you. Or except you want to take your tithe to heaven by yourself
Re: Pastors And Thier Role In This Recession by Nobody: 9:08am On Nov 06, 2016
INTROVERT:

Happy Sunday.
Same to you dear
Re: Pastors And Thier Role In This Recession by Papiikush: 9:09am On Nov 06, 2016
RadicallyBlunt:

Lol. So u chose the part of the bible that soothes ur purpose and left the part that are inconvenient for you as a person

Apart from the fact that some pastors are actually covetous about tithe, what exactly are you expecting the pastor to do...return the tithe to you?

Maybe you shd read verse 10 of Malachi 3 very well. Its Gods duty to open the windows of heaven for you and bless you not the pastor. Once you pay, you have obeyed God and he will bless you. Remove your mind from what d pastor does with it. He will be judged by God not you. Or except you want to take your tithe to heaven by yourself

So God is pleased you take your tithe to a scamer right? And you are not a Christian because you use that tithe to bless others? undecided

Sorry, I don't add more monies to other people billions I rather give a thousand to someone with hundreds. I think We both serve different Gods undecided

1 Like

Re: Pastors And Thier Role In This Recession by Nobody: 9:16am On Nov 06, 2016
Papiikush:

So God is pleased you take your tithe to a scamer right? And you are not a Christian because you use that tithe to bless others? undecided

Sorry, I don't add more monies to other people billions I rather give a thousand to someone with hundreds. I think We both serve different Gods undecided
Your choice. God would not yeild to your way because of a fraudulent pastor
Re: Pastors And Thier Role In This Recession by Tobium1(m): 9:30am On Nov 06, 2016
I begin to keep my distance de very moment a man tells me he's a pastor. Deceitful pple evrywhere in de face of recession

3 Likes

Re: Pastors And Thier Role In This Recession by dejavubobo1(m): 9:42am On Nov 06, 2016
RadicallyBlunt:

God is not modern. Besides its not d pastor who would make it compulsory. Its already in d bible. If you don't pay tithe, you're not a Christian at all
Did Jesus pay tithe ? and been a Christian is about giving ur all not 10%... I quote u coz ur statement are false
Re: Pastors And Thier Role In This Recession by Nobody: 9:44am On Nov 06, 2016
dejavubobo1:

Did Jesus pay tithe ? and been a Christian is about giving ur all not 10%... I quote u coz ur statement are false
Really you pay all ur income as tithe?
Re: Pastors And Thier Role In This Recession by dejavubobo1(m): 9:54am On Nov 06, 2016
RadicallyBlunt:

Really you pay all ur income as tithe?
not to an organized contraption of fraudulent ppl called church. but to d needy, jus like d parable: u see me hungry u gave me food, u see me homeless u gave me shelter, u see me in prison u came visiting.. & they asked lord wen did we do all this to U..
Jesus replied and said, as long as u've done it to some of these ppl...U ve done it to me.
Understanding and love is all we need..not some folk story

1 Like

Re: Pastors And Thier Role In This Recession by Nobody: 10:02am On Nov 06, 2016
dejavubobo1:

not to an organized contraption of fraudulent ppl called church. but to d needy, jus like d parable: u see me hungry u gave me food, u see me homeless u gave me shelter, u see me in prison u came visiting.. & they asked lord wen did we do all this to U..
Jesus replied and said, as long as u've done it to some of these ppl...U ve done it to me.
Understanding and love is all we need..not some folk story
Ok so you give all your income to these people

1 Like

Re: Pastors And Thier Role In This Recession by Nobody: 10:05am On Nov 06, 2016
3sexy:
I am getting pissed with the way pastors are asking members for money these days . last week Sunday our pastor announced that we have to contribute 10% of our monthly salary to the church for the next six months , this means we are loosing 20% of our income to church alone (I.e 10% tithe ,10% for contribution to the church )
My anger is this , are these pastors not aware that times are hard?, what have they done to assist poor member who can't even afford A decent meal, pay fees, rent etc ?, all they do is senselessly ask for money!
They keep screaming , bring your tithe into the store house , yet we are yet to see anu store house in the church ! They ignore the part that talked about helping the poor, the fatherless and widows. This is the height of greed and selfishness.
Every January they will demand for first fruit , I cant imagine ,giving my entire salary to a pastor that doesn't care to know how I'm gonna survive !
Nigerian Pastors , WE ARE IN A RECESSION. Pls

Niaralanders what role has your pastors played in this period of recession?

You have a hungry pastor
Re: Pastors And Thier Role In This Recession by Rozaystunna(m): 10:11am On Nov 06, 2016
tithe till date is a scam
Re: Pastors And Thier Role In This Recession by Spuggie: 10:16am On Nov 06, 2016
genpriest:
Tithing is a Christian Virtue. God is the giver of all things, so giving 10% of your income to be used for the work of God is not what you should cry for.

The problem is you always think you are giving to man, when you give in church give as if you are giving to God and not man.
As for contributions, it's between you and God, if you have and can give, no problem, if you don't have, no one wiil kill you.

Whatever thing you give even if not in church, give as if you are giving to God cus it's only God that'll reward and bless you. No man, even your Pastor can't reward you because he is man.

If I call a man my pastor, then I believe that he is ordained by God and whatever he says is from God, so if he prays for me, all I have to do is say 'Amen' and believe God for it to come to pass.

Some of you don't even knw wat religion you are practising.... you are not a Christian, neither are you a Muslim or a traditional worshipper and worst of it all, u are not an atheist, you are just der!!!

please, where does Deuteronomy 14 : 22 - 29 fit into all this tithing scheme?
Re: Pastors And Thier Role In This Recession by Nobody: 10:35am On Nov 06, 2016
Its a big pity churches squeez out money from their dull member who cant read and understand the bible. anyway churches are supposed to help the economy by either having a large farm which will both reduce unemployment rate and food scarcity, bt they prefer to build mighty cathedrals,universities and own a private jet nd members own footwagon and sleep in a cave and attend public schools, mtcheeew

1 Like

Re: Pastors And Thier Role In This Recession by holyeye1989(m): 10:35am On Nov 06, 2016
Wisdom is the principal thing, in all getting, get understanding. U might be full of holy ghost but u are still swimming in ignorant. U ve to understand how fins work. Christian or no Christian. There is power in giving. But if u empty the little u ve u ll go hungry no 2 ways about it. Churches these days are PLC,INC. Na business I dey hear now.i.e bible believing ministry incorporated. U go fear na. Most people that carry church in their head now are the poorest.I keep asking why is this so.some sale pure water in the street.schools own by churches are the most expensive now y? Y? .
Re: Pastors And Thier Role In This Recession by Amabeast: 10:36am On Nov 06, 2016
That's why I like Jehovah's witnesses, I was invited by one of them, at first I was skeptical about going, but one Sunday I made up my mind to go. I went there I was amazed at how things are done there, they are no special sits for the ministers in fact everyone is a minister who takes turns to preach on a topic every Sunday. We closed and I was surprised that there was no offering and tithing time, I decided to leave thinking that I will be called back. For where nobody call me back for offering instead I was being welcomed as a first timer with smiles in their faces asking some questions about the topics that was discussed. I was amazed that for the first time I went home with the money I brought to church for offering.. I now started to wonder with which money is the church using to operate. I was told it is been ran by voluntary donations. That is how a church should be and not someone not going to church because he or she doesn't have offering

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pastors And Thier Role In This Recession by recievesense: 10:49am On Nov 06, 2016
superstarDikk:
OP i don't blame pastors o, i blame the people that give. God never said u should pay tithe . Read Deuteronomy 14 v1 _29 . They say if you don't pay tithe God wouldn't bless you. Dangote de pay tithe for church? Bill Gates and Armancio Ortega de pay tax for church? yet they r the richest muffuckaz on the planet. If you give 20k to a church that already has millions sitting untouched in bank accounts, isnt that stupiid? Why not give 10k each to 2 of ur neighbors who u r sure don't have food to eat. Pastors don't give a fukkk abt salvation, all they care about is ur tithe and offering.. Me i don't pay tithe to any church or pastor, when i want to start, i will look for churches like COCIN who send missionaries to rural areas n oda African countries to win souls for Christ. My guys went to Redeem, the time for closing passed n church no finish, they decided to leave. The pastor shouted from the pulpit that if u want to leave leave but drop ur offering.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Why Do You Attend Your Present Church? / The 2013 Testimonies Thread ! God Is Good. / Francis Arinze Celebrates His 85th Birthday Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.