Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,231 members, 7,818,781 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:56 AM

Think Big, Is this the Best From A God? Then I Choose Men. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Think Big, Is this the Best From A God? Then I Choose Men. (547 Views)

If Jesus Christ Is Seated At The Right Hand Of God, Then He is not God? / Here's Why I Choose To Remain In COZA - Lady / If Adam And Eve Were The Only Human Created By God,Then, Who Cain Got Married To (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Think Big, Is this the Best From A God? Then I Choose Men. by Brown47: 1:36pm On Nov 06, 2016
What he created was good says the bible, but due to the free will character vested in man he ruin his whole world which the heavens regretted. It’s undeniable that man has suffered a lot from diseases, ignorance, poor understanding of the natural world and most of all evil perpetuated by man’s desire through sin, which is due to the fall of the first man Adam. A Book carved by this God himself was given to the people to live by it. But on the contrary it has not solve any problem man has been facing, it only tried to give the history of wars fought in the name of God, how Yahweh dealt with his enemies, what Yahweh likes and dislikes and many more. But all these didn’t solve any problem on either disease, suffering, understanding of the world... but the best I can say it tells us to give capital punishment to crimes, how to treat slaves, eye for an eye doctrine, how to sacrifice animals to Yahweh. Is this the best that a god can do or give? isn’t he aware of the problems, or is it that he don’t want to solve them?

For thousands of years the misery of man continues, heaven watched with either indifference, or due to incompetency to handle the situation( just like the flood to kill evil doers), or still brainstorming to figure out a solution or does not care or let’s say it has its best reason for all this.

2000 years back luckily for us heaven intervened. By sending god (son) as a god (human) sacrifice to save or redeemed the world from the sin of Adam (which brought forth problems). Still here again no problem has been solved!, it only gave a promise that if you believe that he god (son) came and sacrifice himself and follow his teachings then an escape route will be granted to you from our immediate problems, you’ll be granted a blissful paradise but only if you die and if you don’t believe that god (son) suffered for you and follow his teachings of the scriptures, then much bigger misery (hell) awaits you. Still no solution to man’s immediate problems!

God is on our side but we still carry arms and fight, god has bless our lands, but we still work it like land which has not been blessed. God will cure us but we still follow the medical procedure like one without gods help. God will protect us, but we still follow safety precautions like those without help from god. if what Mr. A has, or can do with the help of god, and on the other hand Mr. B can equally or even do more without the help of this god, then don’t you think that this god has no influence in our doings? Since Mr. A have to follow every necessary procedure just like Mr. B. to achieve all things. We have every reason to say theirs no any intervention but there dids which Mr. A and B partake in their endeavors.

Not so long ago men began to reason. Hey locust infest my land it’s no longer a plague or punishment from a god (we know why, they are striving to survive) and I no longer sacrifice to a god. Thunder strike, it’s no longer from a god, we know why and how to safeguard ourselves from it. Rain don’t fall in the desert, it’s not because a god hate its inhabitants, we know why now, not what a god made us to believe then.

Intellectual reasoning and effort has helped man in its endeavors and ways of tackling problems facing him. We have seen explosion in science, technology, understanding of the world, medicine, agriculture, and lots more, there’s even a huge tilt in our moral standard contrary to god our ancestors worshiped. God sanctioned killing everyone who worshiped another god apart from him or don’t beat a slave and injure his eye. I bet you, the whole world will frown at you for keeping one least to even beat him.

If all god can do is to promise an imaginary paradise as an escape route to our problems, not minding our immediate problems now. But man worked, is working and will always work out its way to his problems through science, technology, understanding of the world, medicine, agriculture, and lots more. What does this say to you about this god or the idea of god traded by people?

Please I want to challenge all subscribers of Yahweh to name out a single advancement brought forth by its scripture or Yahweh’s contributions to science, agriculture, medicine, technology, understanding of natural events, Which we have seen are the sole helpers of man and by man.

Re: Think Big, Is this the Best From A God? Then I Choose Men. by Tallesty1(m): 1:50pm On Nov 06, 2016
Medicine? BTW aren't most of the problems science claim to solve created by science in the first place?
Re: Think Big, Is this the Best From A God? Then I Choose Men. by Brown47: 2:05pm On Nov 06, 2016
Tallesty1:
Medicine? BTW aren't most of the problems science claim to solve created by science in the first place?

Like?
Re: Think Big, Is this the Best From A God? Then I Choose Men. by Justycxx(m): 2:17pm On Nov 06, 2016
Hmm
Re: Think Big, Is this the Best From A God? Then I Choose Men. by Omexonomy: 3:07pm On Nov 06, 2016
Brown47:

Like?
madness of writting long epistle that nobody will read
Re: Think Big, Is this the Best From A God? Then I Choose Men. by Brown47: 3:20pm On Nov 06, 2016
Omexonomy:
madness of writting long epistle that nobody will read

But atleast you scrolled down to know its a long epistle tongue

(1) (Reply)

TB Joshua Denies Own Pastor’s Outrageous Wedding / Rare Photo Of TB Joshua Carryingg Bags Of Grains On His Head / Pope Francis' Letter To Dying 9-year-old Paolina - A Kiss Of The Pope

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.