Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,027 members, 7,953,075 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 10:22 AM

Would You Like To Know Why Men Cheat? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Would You Like To Know Why Men Cheat? (835 Views)

My Boyfriend Always Warn Me Not To Enter His Bathroom, I Didn’t Know Why Until / Why Do Men Cheat?? / Men Cheat With Ugly Women Because Beautiful Women Aren’t Romantic In Bed- Pastor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Would You Like To Know Why Men Cheat? by mabelly: 5:03pm On Nov 06, 2016
Five things men are looking for when they cheat:

1. Emotional connection.

As relationships mature, power struggles tend to become more prevalent (as obvious as the "I'm Right"/"No, I'm Right" conversation and as subtle as the timing and frequency of sex). When a man experiences repeated

power struggles with his spouse, his natural tendency is to "go to his cave", which really means get quiet and distant and grumpy! Which makes emotional connection that much more difficult. Over time he misses the emotional connection he previously felt with his spouse.
When he meets someone new and they accept him for "who he is" it's much easier for him to connect with his emotions and feel connection with this new and interesting person. Of course when the lust and honeymoon period are over and the power struggles start to arise in the new relationship he'll likely revert to his well-learned pattern and his struggles will start all over again.

2. Appreciation.

Men loved to be appreciated and like so many people they don't really know how to accept appreciation! Or how to ask for it or even how to give it to themselves (or to other people for that matter). So when it stops being quite so plentiful from their spouse and if the relationship contains a heavy dose of blame and criticism (as most do) or even possibly contempt, men start looking for positive affirmations from others. With the new love interest everything is wonderful — he is wonderful — in the first flush of a new relationship — then we all tend to fall into upping criticism and dropping appreciation

3. Intimacy.

Men want a partner who will listen, who will volunteer information about their own lives and discoveries and someone who smiles and excitedly shares their hopes and dreams. Of course, men don't generally know how to communicate this. In their existing relationship the tendency is to think, "We're married, I know everything about you ... " In their new relationship everything is new and exciting and learning about the new partner is initially easy and the feeling of intimate connection is created.

4. Feeling wanted.

Everyone wants to feel wanted regardless of age, gender or occupation. Men are no different. And men tend to be socialized to provide security and strength as an expectation, rather than something to be appreciated for. As life moves along a man can often feel like his contribution is taken for granted and who he is, as opposed to what he can provide, becomes less important. In a new relationship suddenly he matters again.

5. Sex.

Speaking of fun activities, men generally do want sex and the more the better. Sex is one way that men feel connected to their partner. Men also feel appreciated and wanted when they have sex with their partner. So for men, sex provides the first four items on our list plus physical pleasure that allows men to focus totally on the present moment. In a new relationship the sex tends to be a lot more frequent. At least initially!
So what's the answer?

When a man thinks about cheating it's likely that he's not happy about the relationship he's in and/or that something is missing. What also seems to happen is that men feel victimized by their relationship and believe they have no power to influence a change. "If only she would ..." is often a refrain that many married men espouse and yet they say nothing to their partner. Or complain that when they try, she just doesn't listen.

Sure there's a part that the partner plays in all this but I'm talking about the male side of the equation and what the man can do to find what he's looking for within his relationship.
I see four main approaches being part of the cure:

1. Be brave. Speak up about what is concerning you or lacking in your relationship — regardless of the response that comes up from your partner. If you want something different in your relationship, you need to become courageous and communicate clearly. Then the possibility for creating something very different and special can exist.

2. Take responsibility. Be open and interested in what you are doing to contribute to the state of your relationship. And be willing to make your own changes.

3. Recognize the difference between feeling sexual and taking action. Sexual feelings, like all our other feelings, are not under our control. Acting on our sexual feelings is totally under our control. Don't use the "I just couldn't help myself" line to excuse your behavior.

click on the link below to continue reading ...

http://kleeqers.com/ask/articles/ask/would-you-like-to-know-why-men-cheat
Re: Would You Like To Know Why Men Cheat? by Bibors(m): 5:18pm On Nov 06, 2016
While I ten to agree with you , this is also the same reason women cheat.
Re: Would You Like To Know Why Men Cheat? by Bibors(m): 5:19pm On Nov 06, 2016
While I tend to agree with you , this is also the same reason women cheat.
Re: Would You Like To Know Why Men Cheat? by Oyiboman69: 5:25pm On Nov 06, 2016
Its in their making...nothing anyone can do,only the poor ones stay loyal.
Re: Would You Like To Know Why Men Cheat? by Oyiboman69: 5:26pm On Nov 06, 2016
Its in their making...nothing anyone can do,only the poor ones stay loyal,at least for the time been.
Re: Would You Like To Know Why Men Cheat? by Nobody: 5:26pm On Nov 06, 2016
Np-- story for the gods
Re: Would You Like To Know Why Men Cheat? by Nobody: 5:29pm On Nov 06, 2016
And women ......
Re: Would You Like To Know Why Men Cheat? by Nobody: 5:32pm On Nov 06, 2016
Its synonymous to ladies too na
Re: Would You Like To Know Why Men Cheat? by mabelly: 6:15pm On Nov 06, 2016
Oyiboman69:
Its in their making...nothing anyone can do,only the poor ones stay loyal,at least for the time been.

lol youve got a point here. so should we pray they remain poor and loyal or rich and not loyal undecided
Re: Would You Like To Know Why Men Cheat? by Oyiboman69: 7:13pm On Nov 06, 2016
mabelly:

lol youve got a point here. so should we pray they remain poor and loyal or rich and not lo
yal undecided
No,I think there should be proper considerate when it comes to the issue of men being an infidel.
Re: Would You Like To Know Why Men Cheat? by Oyiboman69: 7:14pm On Nov 06, 2016
mabelly:

lol youve got a point here. so should we pray they remain poor and loyal or rich and not lo
yal undecided
No,I think there should be proper consideration when it comes to the issue of men being an infidel.
Re: Would You Like To Know Why Men Cheat? by Nobody: 7:30pm On Nov 06, 2016
Would you like to know why the sky is blue?

(1) (Reply)

Would You Fight Someone Else To Keep Your Spouse (toke makinwa) / Do Girls Go To Shoprite, Spar To Shop, Show Off Or Snap Pictures? / Letter To Naija Girls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.