Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,509 members, 7,812,575 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:33 PM

Is Marijuana The Cause? Is Rehabilitation The Answer? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is Marijuana The Cause? Is Rehabilitation The Answer? (1009 Views)

Good / Help! The Cause Of My Depression / He Doesn't Want Her Anymore Because He Was Told She's The Cause Of His Problem (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Marijuana The Cause? Is Rehabilitation The Answer? by Nobody: 5:55pm On Nov 07, 2016
My fellow Nairalanders please I need your candid advice on this issue, I have a brother who was sent out to study medicine, eventually he dropped out and went into music, from his social media post we could see he was taken heavily amount of weed anyways he eventually had to come back to Nigeria after 4yrs due to financial constraints and instability at is location(Ukraine) back in 2014, although he was deceived a little, with promises of moving him to another country once he got here. Let me quickly drop this am from a very religious home (deeper life )grin so some people will understand what he will go through being here well back to the matter, from the time he got here there have been various criticism and he was taken to different men of God for prayers and all that obviously none of them seems to be answered. The young man has continued to smoke his weed but the main issue is that apart from saying he wants to do music and singing almost all the time also watching mostly this new foreign rappers that only talk about weed and sex he has refuse to do nothing, he has not been able to record one track since he got back last month made it exactly 2yrs, and he has been squandering money like crazy even the once he should use to better himself. At first after he realised he wasn't going to another country for anything he was asked where he wanted to study as a good brother I adviced him to go to any school in lagos since that's the hub for entertainment(we live in Warri delta state) he finally chose to apply for NOUN lagos he was given 100k for the initial registration, I was in school when I was called just to be told that he went to lagos and spent everything with a girl that supposedly is his GF they both came back from Ukraine, that phase passed and he wad later enrolled in PTI weekend program in warri and he went to school or so we think for about few months after the first semester exam he was asked to withdraw, he basically was not attending lectures and he did not attend most of the exam. Ever since then he has been smoking away and of course taken drugs like tramadol and the likes. He has refused to get a Job to do since he knows my parents will never sponsor anything like the music he has chosen to do (they consider it sinful "worldly music"wink and he has settled for selling properties in the home and the compound in other to afford his lifestyle. This has really angered my Dad and he his on the verge of sending him out of the home what's surprising is that he his not even remorsed about his attitude. Alot of people are advicing that they should taken him for rehabilitation though and my parents are considering it. Because they claim that the weed his the cause of everything, I personally don't believe so because have seen people smoke weed and graduate well from the school am and also with the rate at which he watches and emulate this foreign artists even if he does rehab for about 3 months he will still get to consume this same type of videos and probably go back to his old ways, so I need advice on this issue please.

Let me add that while he was abroad he released alot of music though and even a video. So am not understanding what is happening right now. Is it laziness, pride (because almost all is sec. School mates are now graduates and are working, so he cannot get a Menial Job to raise cash that will foil his music) or maybe low self esteem.

Nairalanders please come and help I need advice on this issue ASAP. Thanks , I apologise for any grammatical error wink
Re: Is Marijuana The Cause? Is Rehabilitation The Answer? by diportivo: 9:45pm On Nov 07, 2016
Either way,its d weed bro

When he was in Ukraine,he smoked a lot of weed,made music and made videos

Since he has been in naija,he has been smoking weed and still hasn't been able to release just one single shocked

His body system agrees with the Ukrainian weeds I must say.....

Let him go back to Ukraine,continue with the Ukrainian weed,and make more music

Thank me later

grin grin grin grin
Re: Is Marijuana The Cause? Is Rehabilitation The Answer? by Nobody: 12:12am On Nov 08, 2016
Permit me to say this, Your bro. is going through drug adiction. Look, even if he ends up making good music and becoming famous, he is sick. The use of psychoactive substances is usually a big problem and is difficult to curb when addiction and dependence sets in. One bad thing your peeps will do though, is to try to force him to stop this habit. I suggest rehabilitation like someone said in the thread, but as christians, your family should try showing him some love( this case na tough love). Your dad can get a counselor(no be just pastor, but someone with both secular and religious experience in the field), take your brother to a solitary place if he can agree with him and then talk some sense to him. Make them no just go de quote only bible,. Wether one likes it or not, your brothers' actions affect your family and he possibly sponsors his drug addiction and dependence with your parents' hard earned money. My prayers are with you bro. May God help you and your family.

2 Likes

Re: Is Marijuana The Cause? Is Rehabilitation The Answer? by Nobody: 7:10am On Nov 08, 2016
Thanks very much guys I appreciate
Re: Is Marijuana The Cause? Is Rehabilitation The Answer? by Presh900(m): 10:00am On Nov 08, 2016
diportivo:
Either way,its d weed bro

When he was in Ukraine,he smoked a lot of weed,made music and made videos

Since he has been in naija,he has been smoking weed and still hasn't been able to release just one single shocked

His body system agrees with the Ukrainian weeds I must say.....

Let him go back to Ukraine,continue with the Ukrainian weed,and make more music

Thank me later

grin grin grin grin
lol.. You no well
Re: Is Marijuana The Cause? Is Rehabilitation The Answer? by 5minsmadness: 10:46am On Nov 08, 2016
BlueWizAngel:
My fellow Nairalanders please I need your candid advice on this issue, I have a brother who was sent out to study medicine, eventually he dropped out and went into music, from his social media post we could see he was taken heavily amount of weed anyways he eventually had to come back to Nigeria after 4yrs due to financial constraints and instability at is location(Ukraine) back in 2014, although he was deceived a little, with promises of moving him to another country once he got here. Let me quickly drop this am from a very religious home (deeper life )grin so some people will understand what he will go through being here well back to the matter, from the time he got here there have been various criticism and he was taken to different men of God for prayers and all that obviously none of them seems to be answered. The young man has continued to smoke his weed but the main issue is that apart from saying he wants to do music and singing almost all the time also watching mostly this new foreign rappers that only talk about weed and sex he has refuse to do nothing, he has not been able to record one track since he got back last month made it exactly 2yrs, and he has been squandering money like crazy even the once he should use to better himself. At first after he realised he wasn't going to another country for anything he was asked where he wanted to study as a good brother I adviced him to go to any school in lagos since that's the hub for entertainment(we live in Warri delta state) he finally chose to apply for NOUN lagos he was given 100k for the initial registration, I was in school when I was called just to be told that he went to lagos and spent everything with a girl that supposedly is his GF they both came back from Ukraine, that phase passed and he wad later enrolled in PTI weekend program in warri and he went to school or so we think for about few months after the first semester exam he was asked to withdraw, he basically was not attending lectures and he did not attend most of the exam. Ever since then he has been smoking away and of course taken drugs like tramadol and the likes. He has refused to get a Job to do since he knows my parents will never sponsor anything like the music he has chosen to do (they consider it sinful "worldly music"wink and he has settled for selling properties in the home and the compound in other to afford his lifestyle. This has really angered my Dad and he his on the verge of sending him out of the home what's surprising is that he his not even remorsed about his attitude. Alot of people are advicing that they should taken him for rehabilitation though and my parents are considering it. Because they claim that the weed his the cause of everything, I personally don't believe so because have seen people smoke weed and graduate well from the school am and also with the rate at which he watches and emulate this foreign artists even if he does rehab for about 3 months he will still get to consume this same type of videos and probably go back to his old ways, so I need advice on this issue please.

Let me add that while he was abroad he released alot of music though and even a video. So am not understanding what is happening right now. Is it laziness, pride (because almost all is sec. School mates are now graduates and are working, so he cannot get a Menial Job to raise cash that will foil his music) or maybe low self esteem.

Nairalanders please come and help I need advice on this issue ASAP. Thanks , I apologise for any grammatical error wink

He quit medical training in Ukraine and switched to music...
Smh.

Show your parents this post :

Your son is a drug addict. A drug addict is one who uses any chemical or stimulative substance to his detriment, and will not stop using it even when he sees it is harmful to his life, goals, and aspirations.

Right now your son has no control over his impulses. Anything you give him now, he will use to sustain his drug addicted lifestyle. Even if you give him n1million now, he will blow it on drugs and sex. It is called a vicious cycle. That is the phase he is in now after which he will enter into depression and self destructive tendencies.

Your son cannot help himself. He cannot. You need to be the one to help him.

Take him to Uselu psychiatric hospital along New Benin Road, in benin city, Edo State. They have a drug rehabilitation centre. Its ward is full of marijuana-induced mentally unstable patients. They are experts in treating these kind of patients. They have the drugs and the equipment. They will walk him through withdrawal from the marijuana and tramadol and teach him how to regain control of his life. The cost is not too much, certainly not as expensive as waiting for him one day to sell the famiky car or house.

THIS IS THE WAY FORWARD. They should do this now and salvage the young man's life while he is still young. Our society is still very ignorant as to the effects of drug addiction and how to treat it. You people have prayed enough, save that man's life now and drag him if you have to to uselu. I have seen too many young people waste thier lives in exactly this same fashion, dont let your brother be next on the list.
Re: Is Marijuana The Cause? Is Rehabilitation The Answer? by Nobody: 12:39pm On Nov 08, 2016
5minsmadness:

He quit medical training in Ukraine and switched to music...
Smh.

Show your parents this post :

Your son is a drug addict. A drug addict is one who uses any chemical or stimulative substance to his detriment, and will not stop using it even when he sees it is harmful to his life, goals, and aspirations.

Right now your son has no control over his impulses. Anything you give him now, he will use to sustain his drug addicted lifestyle. Even if you give him n1million now, he will blow it on drugs and sex. It is called a vicious cycle. That is the phase he is in now after which he will enter into depression and self destructive tendencies.

Your son cannot help himself. He cannot. You need to be the one to help him.

Take him to Uselu psychiatric hospital along New Benin Road, in benin city, Edo State. They have a drug rehabilitation centre. Its ward is full of marijuana-induced mentally unstable patients. They are experts in treating these kind of patients. They have the drugs and the equipment. They will walk him through withdrawal from the marijuana and tramadol and teach him how to regain control of his life. The cost is not too much, certainly not as expensive as waiting for him one day to sell the famiky car or house.

THIS IS THE WAY FORWARD. They should do this now and salvage the young man's life while he is still young. Our society is still very ignorant as to the effects of drug addiction and how to treat it. You people have prayed enough, save that man's life now and drag him if you have to to uselu. I have seen too many young people waste thier lives in exactly this same fashion, dont let your brother be next on the list.

Thanks man

(1) (Reply)

New Year Of Depression / Describe Your Current Bank Account Balance With A Quote From The Scriptures / Thought Marrying A Village Virgin Would Pay Off,now I'm Regretting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.