Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,829 members, 7,817,423 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:01 PM

Maria Ude Nwachi To Linda Ikeji: "Humble Yourself If Yo Want A Man To Marry You" - Celebrities (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Maria Ude Nwachi To Linda Ikeji: "Humble Yourself If Yo Want A Man To Marry You" (48352 Views)

Ifu Ennada Reacts To Linda Ikeji's Breakup With Her Michael Breakup Story / Nigerians' Reactions To Linda Ikeji's Child Delivery (Meme Collection) / Donald Duke Talks About His Visit To Linda Ikeji's Office (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maria Ude Nwachi To Linda Ikeji: "Humble Yourself If Yo Want A Man To Marry You" by legacy1leo(m): 8:20am On Nov 08, 2016
Skyfornia:
This Afikpo Chic is talking rubbish...you are almost 40 without husband yet you are giving another lady tips for a successful marriage? Which kain irony be this? Free Linda joor...she said she want someone who is successful, the problem is many people don't know the meaning of being successful...they think someone having too much money is being successful. A guy who manages a 10 thousand naira business very well is successful. A student who passed his exams is successful, if I put my mind to do anything and I achieve positive result at the end, I'm successful!

Point of correction Mrs Maria ude Nwachi is a happily married woman with children. And for that she has the right to know tips about a successful marriage. Please make your research about Hon. Mrs Maria Ude Nwachi before you post any critics about here.
Proudly bcel fan
Proudly Ehugho Boy
Proudly uche Inya
Re: Maria Ude Nwachi To Linda Ikeji: "Humble Yourself If Yo Want A Man To Marry You" by Sunglow: 8:25am On Nov 08, 2016
PeridotBelle:

Babe chill, so long as Linda is still a woman, she earned no right, you know why? Because it's the man that marries a woman not the other way round! she can only wish and those might never come to pass!

Like I told you early the creator of mankind who made the woman from the rib of a man did so for a purpose, it was never a mistake. God could have easily molded another human in form of a woman for Adam, but he went to the great stress to causing Adam to sleep and taking his rib.

Society is destroying the foundation of marriage and relationships and the results are what we hear eve ryday, divorce and men beating their spouses.
Who told you that her wishes can't come to pass, are you God, she has the right to chose what she wants.

And been poor is not just IN MONEY TERMS, but also mentally. Poor is not attractive at all, if it were EVERYONE will aspire to be poor!
Re: Maria Ude Nwachi To Linda Ikeji: "Humble Yourself If Yo Want A Man To Marry You" by PeridotBelle(f): 8:27am On Nov 08, 2016
uzolexis:

correcting is not the same thing as putting to order, my man can correct me if i'm wrong and i can correct him as well if he id wrong...simple

No one is talking about correction here cheesy cheesy your man must once in a while put you to order if you tend to go astray, you know why?...because he is the MAN who you have to be under and submit to. There can never be two captains in a boat cheesy cheesy cheesy

Men have ego and that's why they are Men and even if he does not like it or want to, if you try to over spread your wings, your man will put you to order, but it's left for you to take it, remain in your home and seek an understanding with him or you simply walk out and finally spread the wings to its fullest width and length

2 Likes

Re: Maria Ude Nwachi To Linda Ikeji: "Humble Yourself If Yo Want A Man To Marry You" by UIA04(f): 8:31am On Nov 08, 2016
LesbianBoy:

Rubbish! She has no right to turn down a poor guy! Who made her rich in the first place? No be guys? Rich MUMU guys! undecided
Like the way they made your sister rich abi?

You think every rich babe out there is a prostitute

Linda is so rich her wealth can't be tied to any man. The women that can be as rich as she is through men are

daughters of billionaires who inherited their dad's money or

ex wives who got divorce money
Re: Maria Ude Nwachi To Linda Ikeji: "Humble Yourself If Yo Want A Man To Marry You" by uzolexis(f): 8:32am On Nov 08, 2016
PeridotBelle:

No one is talking about correction here cheesy cheesy your man must once in a while put you to order if you tend to go astray, you know why?...because he is the MAN who you have to be under and submit to. There can never be two captains in a boat cheesy cheesy cheesy

Men have ego and that's why they are Men and even if he does not like it or want to, if you try to over spread your wings, your man will put you to order, but it's left for you to take it, remain in your home and seek an understanding with him or you simply walk out and finally spread the wings to its fullest width and length

No, my man must not put me in order, he must correct me, they are 2 different things and correction is more appropriate. Women also have ego and should be treated with respect as well not "put in order". Glad I have a man who corrects me and does not "put me in order" and we have peace,not all men are chauvinist or intimidated by successful women and it's unfortunate you see yourself as less deserving of respect because you are a woman, very unfortunate. You can let your man "put you in order" if that is what works for you.

2 Likes

Re: Maria Ude Nwachi To Linda Ikeji: "Humble Yourself If Yo Want A Man To Marry You" by PeridotBelle(f): 8:33am On Nov 08, 2016
Sunglow:
Who told you that her wishes can't come to pass, are you God, she has the right to chose what she wants.

And been poor is not just IN MONEY TERMS, but also mentally. Poor is not attractive at all, if it were EVERYONE will aspire to be poor!

It just amazes me how you all are not concerned that Linda did not even mention love, rather she went about wealth and picking qualities her man must possess.
Re: Maria Ude Nwachi To Linda Ikeji: "Humble Yourself If Yo Want A Man To Marry You" by Sunglow: 8:34am On Nov 08, 2016
zeribe4real:
this woman just said the whole truth like a mother,
But that z nature, women find it difficult to marry a man in the same level with them, not to talk of the ones below them, and if it happens that a woman makes money/fame b4 marriage, it will constitute a problem for her, that z d problem with female celebrities and highly educated women, they find it difficult to compromise and that z why men are leaving them to marry other submissive women.
Because most men feel......,.,.

1 Like

Re: Maria Ude Nwachi To Linda Ikeji: "Humble Yourself If Yo Want A Man To Marry You" by Sunglow: 8:38am On Nov 08, 2016
zeribe4real:
this woman just said the whole truth like a mother,
But that z nature, women find it difficult to marry a man in the same level with them, not to talk of the ones below them, and if it happens that a woman makes money/fame b4 marriage, it will constitute a problem for her, that z d problem with female celebrities and highly educated women, they find it difficult to compromise and that z why men are leaving them to marry other submissive women.
Because most men feel inferior before a successful woman, but women don't feel inferior or intimidated by a successful man.

So, she wouldnt want to settle with a man that has inferiority complexity due to her status.The man has to be comfortable around her succes.

A lot of woman whom their husbands are wealthy are comfortable around their spouses success, no inferiority whatsoever and most times they are proud about their husband successes and flaut it.

Most Nigetian men on the other hand,feel inferior when their spouse is more successful

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Maria Ude Nwachi To Linda Ikeji: "Humble Yourself If Yo Want A Man To Marry You" by Sunglow: 8:40am On Nov 08, 2016
PeridotBelle:

It just amazes me how you all are not concerned that Linda did not even mention love, rather she went about wealth and picking qualities her man must possess.
My dear i am married, and with time you would discover is not only love that sustains a marriage.

2 Likes

Re: Maria Ude Nwachi To Linda Ikeji: "Humble Yourself If Yo Want A Man To Marry You" by PeridotBelle(f): 8:42am On Nov 08, 2016
Sunglow:
My dear i am married, and with time you would discover is not only love that sustains a marriage.

Agreed, but what is the foundation?
Re: Maria Ude Nwachi To Linda Ikeji: "Humble Yourself If Yo Want A Man To Marry You" by Sunglow: 8:46am On Nov 08, 2016
truthsayer007:

Lol, abeg let us hear word. For Your Info, Linda ikeji is having a lot of suitors coming her way that are doing financially well but not just extremely rich. She is a Billionaire, (not millionaire But Billionaire) , How will she ever be humble to any man?

She's very arrogant to every guy coming her way. Her problem is arrogance Not Poor man.

If she wan talk now, She go dey mention Tyler perry. Mtchew !!! Na another person husband dey hungry am undecided

How did you know she was been arrogant, were you there?
Re: Maria Ude Nwachi To Linda Ikeji: "Humble Yourself If Yo Want A Man To Marry You" by wedeonline(m): 8:47am On Nov 08, 2016
Annalise:

Who is the feminist here? Afipko chick that was deported from the US for running a prostitution ring abi? This woman is the igbo version of Kemi Olunloyo.
really didnt even know about her until now, I just assumed so because she said something about supporting linda due to the fact that she is a role model to women.. That being said, it really doesnt change the fact that she made alot of valid points in her write up...
Re: Maria Ude Nwachi To Linda Ikeji: "Humble Yourself If Yo Want A Man To Marry You" by saintandsinnerz: 8:48am On Nov 08, 2016
uzolexis:

except we are both reading a different article, the bold says he doesn't have to be rich but successful in his own way meaning her measure of success is not riches. I want a successful man cos i'm a successful woman as well and still climbing the ladder of success, i'm not rich but I can confidently say I am successful. my measure of success is someone who knows what he wants and goes after it and excels in it...that's success for me, nobody wants a failure, failure is unattractive.

No, we are not reading a different article and I perfectly understand what Linda meant! She made it clear that she can't marry a poor man but a rich guy. What she meant (judging by her insinuations) in saying "he doesn't have to be rich" is that he is not expecting him to be rich like Ifeanyi Uba or Tony Elumelu, but he should be rich all the same! Do you regard a man who earns a monthly income of N100000 rich and successful? Is he a poor man? I asked this because a man who earns such amount cannot be regarded as a poor man neither will he be seen as super rich. The question now is judging by what Linda said, can you honestly say she can marry such a man? Don't get me wrong, I'm not against Linda's choice of wanting a rich dude to marry,what I'm against is you people trying to obscure the meaning and intentions behind what she said.

1 Like

Re: Maria Ude Nwachi To Linda Ikeji: "Humble Yourself If Yo Want A Man To Marry You" by Joy1706(f): 8:54am On Nov 08, 2016
warmachine:

Lol....u make me laugh....ladies this days...I smell mental bankruptcy (no offence intended)..but Sha kontinue...nna eh I wonder what my son will get married to?....
Keep smelling whatever you like dear
Re: Maria Ude Nwachi To Linda Ikeji: "Humble Yourself If Yo Want A Man To Marry You" by 989900D: 8:57am On Nov 08, 2016
shocked

Re: Maria Ude Nwachi To Linda Ikeji: "Humble Yourself If Yo Want A Man To Marry You" by Beamborla(f): 8:59am On Nov 08, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

Been following the conversation from page 1, and I have to admit that ...

Anyway, if I get you correctly, you are saying that the choice of Linda should be respected and she shouldn't be vilified for setting her own standard because she is a woman. Am I correct?

The problem with your position is that you are yet to realise that the Nigeria society is one that gives advice to our neighbours. If Linda wish for her opinion to be private, it is best she keep it to herself.

My Dear, the worst poverty is not lack of money, it is having a poor mindset/ideology about money. Money is good but setting standard for "rich man" showed that Linda is still mentally poor. Success is relative, Bill Gate is richer than Dangote but both are successful. Anybody can be rich, it is matter of luck, grace and hard work (for some). A determined person with vision will be rich in no time. I think Linda (and women generally) should look out for guys that are successful or potentially successful or guys with right attitude towards money.

It is a shame that Linda is still suffering from mental poverty despite being a billionaire.

@Your Bold: Spot On! God give you your own man!

At least someone understands my concern.

Advice should be given not telling her she does not have the right to choose what she wants. Not telling a woman she can't have it both ways. Not telling her she can't escape being strifled in her marriage cos we are in Africa and African men are just good at that.

I'm not a fan of Linda and she mentioned him being successful in his own way which I believe is smth you mentioned in your post. This is not just about Linda

You are righ, however and I do not dispute your stand.

What I'm just against is hushing a lady up for setting her own standard. A lady made me realize here that women do not have the right to make 'preference'...exact word she used.

Why

2 Likes

Re: Maria Ude Nwachi To Linda Ikeji: "Humble Yourself If Yo Want A Man To Marry You" by Sunglow: 8:59am On Nov 08, 2016
amanikondo:

But a rich man can marry a poor girl.
How many "rich" families especially in Nigeria marry off their sons and daughter to "poor" families? NONE! The Rich always marry the rich.

1 Like

Re: Maria Ude Nwachi To Linda Ikeji: "Humble Yourself If Yo Want A Man To Marry You" by uzolexis(f): 9:02am On Nov 08, 2016
saintandsinnerz:

No, we are not reading a different article and I perfectly understand what Linda meant! She made it clear that she can't marry a poor man but a rich guy. What she meant (judging by her insinuations) in saying "he doesn't have to be rich" is that he is not expecting him to be rich like Ifeanyi Uba or Tony Elumelu, but he should be rich all the same! Do you regard a man who earns a monthly income of N100000 rich and successful? Is he a poor man? I asked this because a man who earns such amount cannot be regarded as a poor man neither will he be seen as super rich. The question now is judging by what Linda said, can you honestly say she can marry such a man? Don't get me wrong, I'm not against Linda's choice of wanting a rich dude to marry,what I'm against is you people trying to obscure the meaning and intentions behind what she said.

you know, she said successful in "his own way". Someone who earns 100k/month is definitely not poor and can't be called rich as well but he is doing ok. My understanding of that word [b]in his own way [/b]means the person should be confident and proud of what he is doing and not feel intimidated by her own wealth, not feel less of a man cos his wife earns more than him. If you are confident with what you do and always striving to be better, no matter how little that is, you are already successful.

1 Like

Re: Maria Ude Nwachi To Linda Ikeji: "Humble Yourself If Yo Want A Man To Marry You" by Beamborla(f): 9:04am On Nov 08, 2016
Vanillaskin:

You say that it is better happily single than tearfully married
My dear, who told you that single people don't cry again or have difficult moments? That it is all fun and games begin single? There is pain and joy in every part of life, that's just a fact of life
You say marriage or childbearing is not the peak or the purpose of a woman's existence
But to Auntie Linda it seems to be because of the way she keeps talking about it like she is running some sort of subtle marriage campaign for herself
You say mothers start teaching their girl child that becoming a Mrs. is not what your life is all about
But the Bible which we all love so much and always like to make reference to by saying "is it in the Bible" says that it is not good for (man/woman) to be alone
You say the male spicie is not doing us any favour by marrying us
Hate it or love it, a man must marry a woman, a woman can't marry a man

ok
Re: Maria Ude Nwachi To Linda Ikeji: "Humble Yourself If Yo Want A Man To Marry You" by Mejor79(m): 9:09am On Nov 08, 2016
Its just the best advise for her. Her comments can cause strange thought of her kind of woman. She should never forget she came from a poor background before she attained her height.
Re: Maria Ude Nwachi To Linda Ikeji: "Humble Yourself If Yo Want A Man To Marry You" by Sunglow: 9:13am On Nov 08, 2016
uzolexis:

you know, she said successful in "his own way". Someone who earns 100k/month is definitely not poor and can't be called rich as well but he is doing ok. My understanding of that word [b]in his own way [/b]means the person should be confident and proud of what he is doing and not feel intimidated by her own wealth, not feel less of a man cos his wife earns more than him. If you are confident with what you do and always striving to be better, no matter how little that is, you are already successful.
Thank you, you nailed it.

2 Likes

Re: Maria Ude Nwachi To Linda Ikeji: "Humble Yourself If Yo Want A Man To Marry You" by Beamborla(f): 9:15am On Nov 08, 2016
bobo65:

How many rich young man, who is equally successful will wanna spend his life with a 36 years old lady?

See eh, I never get money o, but I can't marry someone like this cos on d long run, her pride will make me start looking out of the marriage

Plus Menopause sef

Abeg if u do talk to Linda, tell her Men dat are not rich (tho not church rat poor) think better and are more faithful than d rich

I'm sure she would get your message. It's on the net smiley
Re: Maria Ude Nwachi To Linda Ikeji: "Humble Yourself If Yo Want A Man To Marry You" by saintandsinnerz: 9:17am On Nov 08, 2016
uzolexis:

Well, what I understand by her comment is that the person must be successful both materially and career wise, hence she gave an example of Tyler Perry as being the kind of man she dreams of having. We all know that Tyler Perry is a rich and successful songwriter, actor, playwright and so on. Well, you may be right I may be wrong, but I really do read meanings into people's statements to be able to make inferences or conclusions on what they like or dislike. We all do this!
Re: Maria Ude Nwachi To Linda Ikeji: "Humble Yourself If Yo Want A Man To Marry You" by Georgeisco2007: 9:18am On Nov 08, 2016
igboboy3:
Rubbish

This lawmaker had better hope she wins re-election, otherwise by 2019, she'll go back to penury.

Better to be single than to be in a bad marriage

For your information, Linda is not her match wen it comes to money. She have so many mansions, "club d'maria, botiques, shopping plaza, built house for inlaw, assorted cars, bough dozen of cars and distributed it to Afikpo boys for development etc she was the first person to reject a car gift from the Governor. Check or ask well about her.
Re: Maria Ude Nwachi To Linda Ikeji: "Humble Yourself If Yo Want A Man To Marry You" by Sunglow: 9:19am On Nov 08, 2016
PeridotBelle:

Agreed, but what is the foundation?
If Christ ain't the foundation, then that Union is in Soup.You build on Christ, the ONLY solid foundation, noting else.
Re: Maria Ude Nwachi To Linda Ikeji: "Humble Yourself If Yo Want A Man To Marry You" by lollybizzu(m): 9:21am On Nov 08, 2016
Beamborla:

Oh puhleeze! Spare me that.

Because she's a woman she's not free to have standard? Because she's a woman she should settle for anything. When your spicie rant about what they want, it's perfectly okay, isn't? But a woman is suppose to lower her standard.

There are better way to pass across your message without resulting to insult. You however, do not even have a message to pass across.

She has earned the right to reject a poor guy. And yes, she won't be the last woman to have standards. If it was a rich dude who made such statement, you lot would come up with a zillion reasons to affirm his claim.

Suck it up... Poor is not attractive especially to the rich even to the poor. tongue
the first person who mentioned is right i smell lack of wisdom. Marriage is optional! Get sense!
Re: Maria Ude Nwachi To Linda Ikeji: "Humble Yourself If Yo Want A Man To Marry You" by kaythinks(m): 9:21am On Nov 08, 2016
I won't be surprised if Linda finally comes out as a Lesbian. She has it written all over her.
Re: Maria Ude Nwachi To Linda Ikeji: "Humble Yourself If Yo Want A Man To Marry You" by uzolexis(f): 9:22am On Nov 08, 2016
saintandsinnerz:

Well, what I understand by her comment is that the person must be successful both materially and career wise, hence she gave an example of Tyler Perry as being the kind of man she dreams of having. We all know that Tyler Perry is a rich and successful songwriter, actor, playwright and so on. Well, you may be right I may be wrong, but I really do read meanings into people's statements to be able to make inferences or conclusions on what they like or dislike. We all do this!

true
Re: Maria Ude Nwachi To Linda Ikeji: "Humble Yourself If Yo Want A Man To Marry You" by Beamborla(f): 9:26am On Nov 08, 2016
superstarDikk:
Lets be sincere to ourselves, Linda has plenty money but age is not on her side. in other words, she is old. What if all the rich guys say they won't marry an old mama? The lady said ' no condition is permanent' and she is right. Go ABJ go see as hitherto big and wealthy boys de sell their houses. you think say dem build am to sell am?

Linda said, he should be successful in his own way.

Even if she outright said she wants a rich guy, she has the right to choose. If a rich guy says he can't marry her, he has the right to choose as well.

When a broke girl says she can't marry a poor guy, she's called a gold digger. Now a rich lady has said she won't go for poor, she is proud. Haba! If she has said she wants a cute guy, people would still come up with things like old 'old woman' 'she no fine she dey find person wey fine'

Why do people think it's wrong for a lady to have standards as well? Why

The concern is that she is old and blah blah blah...fine! Doesn't mean a lady can't choose what she wants. This is not just about Linda

If a man had made the statement, people would have come up with comments like 'he knows how he made his money, poor girls are gold diggers'

2 Likes

Re: Maria Ude Nwachi To Linda Ikeji: "Humble Yourself If Yo Want A Man To Marry You" by winj: 9:28am On Nov 08, 2016
a case of money miss road
Re: Maria Ude Nwachi To Linda Ikeji: "Humble Yourself If Yo Want A Man To Marry You" by Beamborla(f): 9:30am On Nov 08, 2016
Fourwinds:
according to d writer., her marriage has failed before it started... I tell u d truth....it will be so.. u cannt serve devil and God at same time

Why would a man want to stifle his wife
Re: Maria Ude Nwachi To Linda Ikeji: "Humble Yourself If Yo Want A Man To Marry You" by livinbygrace: 9:31am On Nov 08, 2016
Beamborla:

That's the problem. Quit threatening women with menopause... It's better to be happily single than tearfully married.

Marriage or childbearing is not the peak or the purpose of a woman's existence. It's time mothers start teaching their girl child that becoming a Mrs. is not what your life is all about.

If it happens beautifully, fine! The male spicie is not doing us any favour by marrying us.

Pls if i may ask,How old are you ?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Regina Daniels And Mother Rock Bum Shorts In New Pictures / Akah Nnani Reacts To Busola Dakolo And Pastor Biodun Fatoyinbo Rape Allegation / D'banj's Father At His Daughter's Wedding

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.