Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,887 members, 7,863,026 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 10:42 AM

High Blood Pressure! - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / High Blood Pressure! (1333 Views)

My Wife And Hypertension /high Blood Pressure (advice) / Energy Drinks Cause High Blood Pressure, Doctor Warns / Natural Ways Of Reducing High Blood Pressure. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

High Blood Pressure! by Huxlly(m): 7:13am On Oct 31, 2009
I am a very fit, healthy and normal weight 32 year old, but my doctor wants to start me on treatment for high blood pressure. Why?
Re: High Blood Pressure! by Sissy3(f): 8:12am On Oct 31, 2009
whats is your bp reading?
Re: High Blood Pressure! by coolier(f): 8:12pm On Oct 31, 2009
Your Doctor should be in a better position to answer that. You have a right to know!
Re: High Blood Pressure! by xxcarolxx(f): 11:45pm On Oct 31, 2009
How many bp readings have you had done. If more than once & the readings remain high your doc is right to treat you for high blood pressure. Some causes of high blood pressure are stress, smoking, to much salt in your diet, family history. But ask your doctor to go through with you why its necessary for treatment.
Re: High Blood Pressure! by atilla(m): 3:13pm On Nov 01, 2009
It could be for any number of reasons maybe u are going through a stressfull time and its affecting your health, you are eating the wrong things, not sleeping enough or maybe its in your family and has been triggered by another illness or a combination of things that you dont even know of.

Doctors usually start treatment to control it and prevent any effect on your health and then would normally investigate to find the reasons.

try and read on line about high blood pressure and also discuss with your doctor and health workers, look for leaflets from your pharmacist and health center. Dont be scared about it andthe more you know the better.

gdluck
Re: High Blood Pressure! by exchange1: 9:20pm On Nov 02, 2009
Stop smoking. Not only will this help keep your blood pressure in line, you'll also diminish your risk of cancer and cardiovascular diseases. Smoking is main risk factor for atherosclerosis.Smoking injures blood vessel walls and speeds up the process of hardening of the arteries. So even though it does not cause high blood pressure, smoking is bad for anyone, especially those with high blood pressure. If you smoke, quit. If you don't smoke, don't start. Once you quit, your risk of having a heart attack is reduced after the first year. So you have a lot to gain by quitting.

Weight Reduction. Obese patients should lose weight.There's a direct link between being overweight and having high blood pressure. The more overweight you are, the greater the risk. Start by making small changes. Cut 200 to 300 calories from your diet each day — about the equivalent of saying "no" to two chocolate chip cookies.

Decrease salt intake. High salt intake is linked to high blood pressure. You should consume no more than 2,000 milligrams of sodium per day (about one teaspoon of salt). The average American consumes twice that, often through canned soups, frozen dinners, soy sauce, pickles, olives and processed cheeses, which are loaded with sodium. Read food labels and select reduced-sodium products. Try to select food with low salt.

Add more fruits, vegetables and low-fat dairy products to your plate. Eat one additional fruit or vegetable with every meal. Shrink the size of your daily meat intake to six ounces, and designate at least two dinners a week as meat-free. Fatty diets do not directly affect blood pressure. However, saturated fats and cholesterol in foods raise blood cholesterol, which increases the risk for heart disease. Foods high in fats also are high in calories, which must be reduced if you need to lose weight. Like smoking high cholestrol is also a major risk factor for atherosclerosis.

Limit alcohol consumption. Drink no more than one 12-ounce beer, one 5-ounce glass of wine or one swallow (1.5 ounces) of 80-proof whiskey if you’re a woman. Men can double these amounts. Anything more elevates blood pressure. You can reduce your blood pressure by 5-10 mmHg by just restricting Alcohol intake.

And many more countless things that can cause high blood presure
Re: High Blood Pressure! by slimming: 5:39pm On May 23, 2012
Green World High Blood Pressure Care Package

View my profile for website and contact detail.

Re: High Blood Pressure! by fnk: 12:26am On May 24, 2012
Between 48,000,000 to 64,000,000 Nigerians are diabetic. That is a lot of people. I have a product that reduced the sugar level of a diabetic patient by 18% in 30 days. It will be sent to NAFDAC for registration soon. If you want to sample it or know someone, I have samples for at least 5 people. Send me an email at fkalu@cjfranklinltd.com. It is a Herbal product from Salt Lake City, Utah. U.S.A

(1) (Reply)

Does It Have A Cure? / Get Our Curative Herbalmedicine Drugs To Postpone Early Deaths / Toilet Roll Or Water?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.