Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,378 members, 7,819,375 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:06 PM

The 5 Most Powerful Traditional Rulers In Nigeria - Culture (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The 5 Most Powerful Traditional Rulers In Nigeria (85821 Views)

Names Of Traditional Rulers In The North / Names Of Traditional Rulers In Yoruba Land / Ooni Of Ife And Oluwo Of Iwo Clash At Traditional Rulers’ Council Meeting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The 5 Most Powerful Traditional Rulers In Nigeria by TundeBricklayer: 10:41pm On Nov 10, 2016
Mayor101010:
better? Oh you mean living in a landlock and gully erosion infested region is better than living in an empire...
I guess this is the empire you are referring to grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: The 5 Most Powerful Traditional Rulers In Nigeria by Eastactivist: 10:42pm On Nov 10, 2016
orimsamsam:
anytime the ooni enter South East and he is with his crown. Go and remove it from is head. Sho gbo
Except he wants to have Obi of Ife ruling Ife , he is welcome
Re: The 5 Most Powerful Traditional Rulers In Nigeria by KingOvoramwen1(m): 10:44pm On Nov 10, 2016
slurryeye:

In your bid to insult Yoruba, you listed Edo as part of southwest. I'm not surprised, very typical of airheaded Osus

Meanwhile, the top 5 eroded states in Nigeria are 5 Alaigbo states of Abia, Anambra, Ebonyi, Enugu and Imo. Your situation is so critical that government as to seek the assistance of world Bank

"The severity of environmental degradation prompted the Nigerian government to seek urgent support from the World Bank to tackle the challenge in seven states on a pilot basis: Abia, Anambra, Cross River, Ebonyi, Edo, Enugu and Imo".

http://www.worldbank.org/en/news/feature/2013/11/26/combating-erosion-in-nigeria-new-project-spells-hope-in-seven-states

That boy is just a foool ignore am abeg na empty barrel

1 Like

Re: The 5 Most Powerful Traditional Rulers In Nigeria by Mayor101010(m): 10:45pm On Nov 10, 2016
What is all these? I contend you with historical facts and instead of you to overule my assertion with historical facts here you are with laughable posts. I think I've schooled you enough.. now run along kid..
post=50936093:

And you don't know that global warming is taking root in your poverty infested region

Biggest Earthquakes Near Ibadan, Oyo, Nigeria
http://earthquaketrack.com/ng-32-ibadan/biggest?page=12

Erosion renders 20 families homeless in Ogun
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/01/erosion-renders-20-families-homeless-in-ogun/

Edo Communities Submerged in Erosion
http://www.mjemagazine.com/edo-communities-submerged-in-erosion/

4 Likes

Re: The 5 Most Powerful Traditional Rulers In Nigeria by Eastactivist: 10:45pm On Nov 10, 2016
TundeBricklayer:

The Empire looks more like a shanty

2 Likes

Re: The 5 Most Powerful Traditional Rulers In Nigeria by KingOvoramwen1(m): 10:46pm On Nov 10, 2016
TundeBricklayer:

You illeteracy is blinding!!!!

DATS NOT EVEN EDO!!........THAT IS IBADAN GOSH SUCH A DULLARDINO grin

2 Likes

Re: The 5 Most Powerful Traditional Rulers In Nigeria by slurryeye: 10:48pm On Nov 10, 2016
KingOvoramwen1:

That boy is just a foool ignore am abeg na empty barrel

As a matter of fact, I have to watch how I argue with those Osus. Honestly, arguing with those guys can reduce someone's IQ.

4 Likes

Re: The 5 Most Powerful Traditional Rulers In Nigeria by KingOvoramwen1(m): 10:49pm On Nov 10, 2016
slurryeye:

As a matter of fact, I have to watch how I argue with those Osus. Honestly, arguing with those guys can reduce someone's IQ.

2 Likes

Re: The 5 Most Powerful Traditional Rulers In Nigeria by TundeBricklayer: 10:49pm On Nov 10, 2016
slurryeye:

In your bid to insult Yoruba, you listed Edo as part of southwest. I'm not surprised, very typical of airheaded Osus

Meanwhile, the top 5 eroded states in Nigeria are 5 Alaigbo states of Abia, Anambra, Ebonyi, Enugu and Imo. Your situation is so critical that government as to seek the assistance of world Bank

"The severity of environmental degradation prompted the Nigerian government to seek urgent support from the World Bank to tackle the challenge in seven states on a pilot basis: Abia, Anambra, Cross River, Ebonyi, Edo, Enugu and Imo".

http://www.worldbank.org/en/news/feature/2013/11/26/combating-erosion-in-nigeria-new-project-spells-hope-in-seven-states

Bro Ibadan experience biggest earthquake recently and few weeks ago Osun, Ogun and Lagos was submerged by flood natural knows no bounds

2 Likes

Re: The 5 Most Powerful Traditional Rulers In Nigeria by Mayor101010(m): 10:51pm On Nov 10, 2016
What is all this? I contended ur assertions with historical facts. Instead of you to do same here you are with a laughable post.. I think I've schooled u enough..now run along kid..
post=50936093:

And you don't know that global warming is taking root in your poverty infested region

Biggest Earthquakes Near Ibadan, Oyo, Nigeria
http://earthquaketrack.com/ng-32-ibadan/biggest?page=12

Erosion renders 20 families homeless in Ogun
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/01/erosion-renders-20-families-homeless-in-ogun/

Edo Communities Submerged in Erosion
http://www.mjemagazine.com/edo-communities-submerged-in-erosion/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The 5 Most Powerful Traditional Rulers In Nigeria by Mayor101010(m): 10:57pm On Nov 10, 2016
scholes0:

LOL.... You mean that wool cap they wear?
Yes...
Re: The 5 Most Powerful Traditional Rulers In Nigeria by TundeBricklayer: 10:58pm On Nov 10, 2016
Mayor101010:
What is all these? I contended ur assertions with historical facts. Instead of you to do same here you are with a laughable posts.. I think I've schooled u enough..now run along kid..
My friend stop ranting unnecessary, Edo state is worst hit by gully erosion

http://www.urhokpotareporters.com/2016/06/01/erosion-residents-want-edo-govt-to-fix-auchi-igarra-road/

2 Likes

Re: The 5 Most Powerful Traditional Rulers In Nigeria by slurryeye: 11:05pm On Nov 10, 2016
TundeBricklayer:

I would rather have the brown roofs than thatched roof

Thatched roof Osu self dey talk cheesy grin cheesy grin

4 Likes

Re: The 5 Most Powerful Traditional Rulers In Nigeria by columbus007(m): 11:09pm On Nov 10, 2016
veekid:
What about baale itasokoro
he's on his own undecided
Re: The 5 Most Powerful Traditional Rulers In Nigeria by Anambra1stSon(m): 11:10pm On Nov 10, 2016

2 Likes

Re: The 5 Most Powerful Traditional Rulers In Nigeria by gregyboy(m): 11:12pm On Nov 10, 2016
Eastactivist:
[s][/s]

Guy Edo is nothing to compare to igbo...

Igbo has Kingdom which is the same as empire, only daft people don't know that both words are the same...

Meanwhile Edo as a whole both the lost empire and her people has been reduced to nothing but one state...

You guys are now liabilities that can only be powerful at night wielding brooms and flying around disturbing neighbours.

dont forget the same edo gave ur kingdom king thats y only onitsha have a well know king
this same edo coronation was the most search in nigeria on goggle wen goggle gave the report. this same edo wit lesss population controlled the south, east, north central, even d west b4 d advent of the white the famoous festac head know today was as result of kogi war wit benin d place wic is now know as idah in kogi this same oba drove usman dan fo dio out of his kingdom this same oba made the whole nigeria not to be colonized by Portuguese forget my state is small but mighty i will love to born der again wen i cme bck for my next life god bless d king oba gha to kpere isee!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The 5 Most Powerful Traditional Rulers In Nigeria by Mayor101010(m): 11:12pm On Nov 10, 2016
Do you really know the meaning of a kingdom or an empire?... You don't build an empire with thatched huts.. Please go get some education..
Eastactivist:

You are very immature in history...
I guess you've not heard of nri Kingdom in your life..
Now just do a simple Google research..
Benin empire is no where near nri Kingdom.

Fact is that nri Kingdom predated Benin empire and lasted till the 19th century but Benin empire was simply dissolved by the British in the 18th century.

And another fact is that nri Kingdom controlled more larger territory than the Benin empire territory...

Benin no reach where igbo dey, Igbos are far more ahead of your small group

3 Likes

Re: The 5 Most Powerful Traditional Rulers In Nigeria by CandyDiamond(f): 11:13pm On Nov 10, 2016
slurryeye:

Guy you are a loser here,leak your wounds,next time you guard your words in public forum,you got served.
[/b]Your picture self is 1952 pix[b],you should be ashamed of yourself now,tribalism is bad.

1 Like

Re: The 5 Most Powerful Traditional Rulers In Nigeria by slurryeye: 11:13pm On Nov 10, 2016
TundeBricklayer:

Bro Ibadan experience biggest earthquake recently and few weeks ago Osun, Ogun and Lagos was submerged by flood natural knows no bounds

I know, but those cases are not as worse as erosion eating away Igboland.

You guys are literally fu.cked, the little landmass you have is gradually taken away by erosion. Do you know that all Alaigbo states landmass combined is not up to Kwara state and just a little bigger than Oyo state?

Abia communities on the brink of extinction

https://www.nairaland.com/363824/erosion-abia-communities-brink-extinction

1 Like

Re: The 5 Most Powerful Traditional Rulers In Nigeria by TundeBricklayer: 11:14pm On Nov 10, 2016
slurryeye:

No wahala grin grin

1 Like

Re: The 5 Most Powerful Traditional Rulers In Nigeria by Girlbestfriend(f): 11:15pm On Nov 10, 2016
Eastactivist:
[s][/s]

Guy Edo is nothing to compare to igbo...

Igbo has Kingdom which is the same as empire, only daft people don't know that both words are the same...

Meanwhile Edo as a whole both the lost empire and her people has been reduced to nothing but one state...

You guys are now liabilities that can only be powerful at night wielding brooms and flying around disturbing neighbours.
says the ritualistic people.
Re: The 5 Most Powerful Traditional Rulers In Nigeria by tosyne2much(m): 11:17pm On Nov 10, 2016
OP, you forgot to add Lalasticlala as the Oba of all moderators on Nairaland cool
Re: The 5 Most Powerful Traditional Rulers In Nigeria by TundeBricklayer: 11:17pm On Nov 10, 2016
slurryeye:

I know, but those cases are not as worse as erosion eating away Igboland.

You guys are literally fu.cked, the little landmass you have is gradually taken away by erosion. Do you know that all Alaigbo states landmass combined is not up to Kwara state and just a little bigger than Oyo state?

Abia communities on the brink of extinction

https://www.nairaland.com/363824/erosion-abia-communities-brink-extinction

Ibadan earthquake

1 Like

Re: The 5 Most Powerful Traditional Rulers In Nigeria by Princedapace(m): 11:17pm On Nov 10, 2016
rhektor:

Obi of Wetin? When did Obiship start in that Erosion-threatened land? Thatch roof Republic people sef undecided

Some people wey dey talk for Nairaland like u..if u see them in real life...them no fit talk A not to talk of B..

Nairaland gives mouth to the mouthless

1 Like

Re: The 5 Most Powerful Traditional Rulers In Nigeria by CandyDiamond(f): 11:18pm On Nov 10, 2016
Girlbestfriend:
You mean Ogun people cool

1 Like

Re: The 5 Most Powerful Traditional Rulers In Nigeria by orimsamsam(m): 11:22pm On Nov 10, 2016
TundeBricklayer:

earth quake in ibadan. U guy should sit down in ur eroded village and face ur business.

Or u can tell me were the earthquake occured in ibadan

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The 5 Most Powerful Traditional Rulers In Nigeria by slurryeye: 11:24pm On Nov 10, 2016
TundeBricklayer:

Ibadan earthquake

I don't argue with you. Earthquake happens once in a while, erosion happens everyday in Alaigbo..... erosion is washing away the little landmass you guys have

2 Likes

Re: The 5 Most Powerful Traditional Rulers In Nigeria by Girlbestfriend(f): 11:24pm On Nov 10, 2016
gz87:
Sultan is the leader of the north and the well over 100million Muslims in Nigeria
hahhahahhahahhahahah, keep deceiving yourself 100milliom kō 100k million nì
Re: The 5 Most Powerful Traditional Rulers In Nigeria by desire21a: 11:24pm On Nov 10, 2016

Re: The 5 Most Powerful Traditional Rulers In Nigeria by slurryeye: 11:26pm On Nov 10, 2016
Girlbestfriend:

Remember Okija shrine Osu

1 Like

Re: The 5 Most Powerful Traditional Rulers In Nigeria by Anambra1stSon(m): 11:29pm On Nov 10, 2016
gregyboy:

dont forget the same edo gave ur kingdom king thats y only onitsha have a well know king
this same edo coronation was the most search in nigeria on goggle wen goggle gave the report. this same edo wit lesss population controlled the south, east, north central, even d west b4 d advent of the white the famoous festac head know today was as result of kogi war wit benin d place wic is now know as idah in kogi this same oba drove usman dan fo dio out of his kingdom this same oba made the whole nigeria not to be colonized by Portuguese forget my state is small but mighty i will love to born der again wen i cme bck for my next life god bless d king oba gha to kpere isee!!!
This is 21 century Onitsha kingdom can you compare it to Benin which is state capital of Edo state

2 Likes

Re: The 5 Most Powerful Traditional Rulers In Nigeria by CSTR13: 11:30pm On Nov 10, 2016

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Oba Of Benin, Ewuaere, Arrives Abuja In His Rolls Royce And Private Jet / Igbo Speaking Communities In Kogi State / Blood Money: How Real Is It: Share Ur Stories.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.