Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,879 members, 7,810,350 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:34 AM

Arrest MMM Promoters - House Of Reps To EFCC - Business (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Arrest MMM Promoters - House Of Reps To EFCC (116019 Views)

Flashback To When Pastor Sunday Adelaja Exposes MMM Promoters / Presidency Buhari Calls MMM Promoters Fraudsters, Maps Out Strategy To Stop MMM / Breaking News: We Cannot Go After MMM Promoters, EFCC Tells NASS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arrest MMM Promoters - House Of Reps To EFCC by dguyindcorner(m): 8:33pm On Nov 09, 2016
ceejay80s:

They are scared of losing their money , that why they are all pretending its ok, so other new participant will put their money for them to be paid with it and they will withdraw for the mmm stuff, u no know say if new people no put in their money the old ones no go see their own money collect

You are wrong!
Re: Arrest MMM Promoters - House Of Reps To EFCC by lakesider(m): 8:33pm On Nov 09, 2016

4 Likes

Re: Arrest MMM Promoters - House Of Reps To EFCC by AnaCheks(m): 8:34pm On Nov 09, 2016
“The scheme entered the Nigerian circle in 2016, capitalising on the high level of unemployment and poverty to deceive unwary Nigerians into falling prey to their antics”, Fijabi stated.
[b][/b]LOL, WHO IS DECEIVING WHO
Re: Arrest MMM Promoters - House Of Reps To EFCC by dbeloved12: 8:34pm On Nov 09, 2016
Mtcweee...

Misplace priority..
For Christ sake, there are lot of burning issues begging for attention... So dis people can still be less than senseless.. Ehn!! #Smh
Re: Arrest MMM Promoters - House Of Reps To EFCC by bellville: 8:36pm On Nov 09, 2016
JeffreyJamez:

How is it affecting the Bank? .......no be people bank accounts una dey pay the money to?
No more fixed deposits. Also, the regular deposits do not stay long before being moved from one bank to the other.
Re: Arrest MMM Promoters - House Of Reps To EFCC by AfroBlue(m): 8:36pm On Nov 09, 2016
Public Service announcements in print, billboards, and TV adverts warning the public against investing their hard earned naira in pyramid schemes would suffice. I'm sure the National Assembly can sacrifice some of their meal monies to support such an effort if they really care about the citizens.

The EFCC has bigger fish to fry these days and their valuble time and efforts should not be deflected and diluted.

Re: Arrest MMM Promoters - House Of Reps To EFCC by juliuscapps(m): 8:36pm On Nov 09, 2016
UPDATE FROM THE MEETING TODAY
1. MORATORIUM WILL BE AUTOMATED
2. PHONE NO OF REFERREAL WILL BE ADDED TO ORDER
3. 7 DAYS ALLOWANCE FOR GUIDER CHANGE BY PARTICIPANTS, AND COMPLAIN ABOUT REMOVAL OF GUIDERS COLUMN WILL BE LOOKED INTO.
4. ABOUT NEGATIVE PUBLICATION. he advised that we take advantage of the opportunity created by this massive public awareness to educate people about our ideology. we should give proper info about who we actually are and wat the community represents cos not everyone understand what we are doing.
5. THERE IS NOTHING ILLEGAL ABOUT MMM, THUS CANNOT BE BLOCKED.
6. MMM BECAME THE BIGGEST POWER IN THE SOCIAL MEDIA IN NIGERIA THANKS TO OUR CDT.
7. ABOUT GHANA,SECOND CHANCE WILL BE GIVEN TO UPGRADE OTHERS THAT MADE MISTAKES. THE NEXT STEP WILL BE COMMUNICATED THROUGH THE PO AND EMAILS.
8. OFFLINE EVENTS WILL BE FUNDED TODAY AND TOMORROW.
9. GUIDERS PROMOTING OTHER PROGRAMMES WILL BE PERMANENTLY BLOCKED AND DELETED. A LINK (SHEET)WILL BE PROVIDED SHORTLY TO REPORT SUCH ELEMENTS.
10. SENDING OF NOTIFICATION FOR PARTICIPANTS NOT TO IMPUT MMM IN TRANSACTIONS WILL BE LOOKED INTO.
11. NEW SECTIONS WILL BE ADDED TO YOUR PO
12. MORE INNOVATION ARE COMING.
THATS ALL I CAN ACTUALLY REMEMBER, ANY OTHER ADDITIONS.....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arrest MMM Promoters - House Of Reps To EFCC by dguyindcorner(m): 8:36pm On Nov 09, 2016
naijababe:

grin grin grin grin grin You are foaming over MMM like this, anyway it takes one mentally disturbed person to recognise another, your bed is right next to mine sweetheart. The fact still remains that MMM will abscond one day and una go hear am grin, I will be here to hand out free tissues , at least I hope some of you will not commit suicide sha lipsrsealed

Same way they did in Russia and South Africa darling wink

Chain see faulty brain. have you opened MMM SA and it's not opening?
Re: Arrest MMM Promoters - House Of Reps To EFCC by Fourwinds: 8:37pm On Nov 09, 2016
d other day I told an Indian man dat d reason y STUPIDITY was included as a word in d dictionary was because people like d Nigeria law makers were seen by a seer in d past

2 Likes

Re: Arrest MMM Promoters - House Of Reps To EFCC by JeffreyJamez(m): 8:37pm On Nov 09, 2016
dguyindcorner:

Hahahaha...another ignoramus found!

It's what MMM has fed into their gullible heads.. He's saying people are no longer doing fixed deposit... How many Nigerians dey do Fixed deposit before?....na 20k abi 100k you wan use do fixed deposit? grin

Educated illiterates plenty for this country I swear grin

1 Like

Re: Arrest MMM Promoters - House Of Reps To EFCC by JeffreyJamez(m): 8:39pm On Nov 09, 2016
bellville:
No more fixed deposits. Also, the regular deposits do not stay long before being moved from one bank to the other.

You dey do fixed deposit before MMM?
Re: Arrest MMM Promoters - House Of Reps To EFCC by nairaman66(m): 8:40pm On Nov 09, 2016
Shameless lawmakers looking for funds to grease their hands. This will definitely be the last straw they would preside over!

What happened to the millions of Nigerians loosing their money on a daily basis on Nairabet, lotteries and so fort? What happened to the numerous bills that ought to have been passed for the last 15 years case in point the petroleum industry bill?

These old scavengers have been the ones scamming Nigerians since 1960!! I don't have anything for or against MMM. It's an investment, just like every other ones, you make or loose money.
Re: Arrest MMM Promoters - House Of Reps To EFCC by ay0201(m): 8:40pm On Nov 09, 2016
[quote author=winkmart post=50902742]The House of Representatives on Wednesday asked the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission and the Central Bank of Nigeria to immediately go after the promoters Mavrodi Mondial Moneybox, otherwise known as ‘MMM’ in Nigeria.

Lawmakers strongly opposed the investment scheme, which lately gained popularity among Nigerians in the wake of the current economic recession in the country.

MMM promises 30 per cent return on investment for any money put into the scheme within 30 days.

The investment scheme has a Russian origin and “involves directing clients to make money available for an anonymous person with a promise of 30 per cent return within one month.”

But, members described the scheme as a “scam” and warned Nigerians not to be carried away by the “mouth-watering” returns on investments.

Lawmakers warned that the “trick” used by the operators was to attract as many Nigerians as possible to invest substantial amounts of money before the bubble would burst.

The House directed the EFCC, security agencies and the CBN to take urgent steps to halt the scheme before many Nigerians would become victims of the scam.

It also asked its Committees on Banking/Currency and Financial Crimes to investigate the activities of MMM Nigeria Scheme, “with a view to saving Nigerians participating in the scheme from you financial ruin.”

The Chairman, House Committee on Telecommunications, Mr. Saheed Fijabi, had in a motion, drawn the attention of the House to the growing popularity of the scheme among Nigerians.

Fijabi, an All Progressives Congress lawmaker from Oyo State, represents Ibadan-South/West Federal Constituency.

“The scheme entered the Nigerian circle in 2016, capitalising on the high level of unemployment and poverty to deceive unwary Nigerians into falling prey to their antics”, Fijabi stated.

He said the fact that MMM was not regulated by law or approved by the CBN as a secure business venture, made Nigerians more vulnerable.

http://www.blackberrybabes.com/2016/11/house-of-reps-ask-efcc-to-arrest-mmm.html

lalasticlala[/quote. Mr and Mrs reps, is the money yours? Whats your concern. Do what is right for the country and stop looting the economy dry. Provide jobs and find a way to stabilise the economy instead of going after people who see opportunities to help themselves as the government is useless as we all can see. I won't be surprised that their children are actively involved in the scheme. Its obvious the reps lack tangible ideas to put forward.
Re: Arrest MMM Promoters - House Of Reps To EFCC by timmy7(m): 8:41pm On Nov 09, 2016
beeznitfizo:

How can Nigerians be so daft. Not too long ago I saw educated Nigerians drinking and bathing with salt to prevent Ebola. Its a pity we all have access to the internet yet Nigerians are just too lazy to point their phones on google 4 information. MMM is a Ponzi Scheme and wikipedia describes the founder of MMM- Segei Mavrodi as a Russian criminal. Read his history- he has been jailed for a similar Ponzi Scheme.
Google about MMM n patiently read about the scheme then u would see that any sane man shouldn't even give it a second thought.
it is funny when people quote wiki when you and I know that information on wiki are edited by any Dick and Harry...

2 Likes

Re: Arrest MMM Promoters - House Of Reps To EFCC by alizma: 8:41pm On Nov 09, 2016
chilet4cici:
At times I laugh when people say FG will shut down MMM as if mmm is one shop at ebutte-meta, oyingbo or Alaba market, as if MMM is one company at Agbara industrial estate.my take, if FG can not stop u from browsing the internet,they can't stop u from access and runing ur mmm account. Let me shock u. MMM program is not a program that started yesterday. it has survive tougher periods than this. It passed through fierce fire, yet it came out refined, crystal sparkling and purer than GOLD. your own MMM can only stop when you as a participant stop to participate. Clever sergey mavrodi saw the feature and designed MMM not to depend on anybody to survive. So, with this Strength of MMM, it is possible for MMM to stop existing in a country but mmm can never stop being in existence. Remember there are over 7billion people all over the world. Your country is just a fraction. In short who u be? Also it is possible for only you in ur country to be the only one doing mmm. That is why we have the Bitcoin which connect u to global bank and every other people in other part of the world doing mmm. If u think u don't want to continue with mmm because of what u heard, I beg park well, and let people that dare big things take the center stage of the new financial revolution that bridge the cap between the rich and the poor. The battle of life maybe for everyone, but those that conquer their fears and dare big things are called achievers. In conclusion, always remember this, with or without you mmm will achieve it's goal which is to raise multi-millionaires, why don't u face your fears today, join us in the battle for financial freedom and be counted among the self-made millionaire courtesy of MMM. Nobody can stop u from achieving what u desire except you stop urself. Together we can do alot.
so you don't know you could be browsing yet unable to access a particular site?

4 Likes

Re: Arrest MMM Promoters - House Of Reps To EFCC by JeffreyJamez(m): 8:41pm On Nov 09, 2016
ekanDamie:
they are loosing cos the deposits that should sit in d bank iddle for month as savings, keep moving from one place to anoda and as such poses a threat to their liquidity to meet withdrawals.

Is that so?..... So how many Nigerians are doing this MMM again?
Re: Arrest MMM Promoters - House Of Reps To EFCC by Tobium1(m): 8:42pm On Nov 09, 2016
JeffreyJamez:

What's the least amount that can be used for Fixed Deposit?

I'm not a banker so I guess u misunderstood me wen I said "fixed deposit". Wat I meant by dat in qoute was eh, all banks needs 25bn cash in dia safe box untouched, for dem to be able to stand alone as a single bank, so, if customers come daily to withdraw nd deposit inside dat safe box, de 25bn won't be feasible and it might force de bank to merge wit anoda. Do u get my point now?

1 Like

Re: Arrest MMM Promoters - House Of Reps To EFCC by omashadow: 8:42pm On Nov 09, 2016
THE FAILED COUNTRY CALLED NIGERIA, IT IS VERY CLEAR THAT ALL THIS ADULT ENEMIES OF PROGRESS WHO HAVE BEEN STEALING OUR MONEY HAVE DECIDED TO DIVERT THE ATTENTION OF BUHARI ERRAND BOYS CALLED EFCC TO MMM, INORDER FOR THEM TO CONTINUE TO STEAL AND LOOT NIGERIANS. PLEASE IS YOUR MONEY? WHEN I WAS BUSY LOOKING FOR JOB AFTER NYSC, DID YOU GIVE ME JOB? WHEN BEDC (NEPA) BRINGS ESTIMATED BILLS OF HUNDRED OF THOUSANDS AND WE ONLY USE LIGHT FOR 10 HOURS IN A MONTH, DID YOU CALL THEM SCAM? WHEN MTN, GLO, AIRTEL AND ETISALAT WILL CUT MY HARD EARN MONEY FOR ONE STUPID CALLER TUNE THAT I DID NOT SUBSCRIBE FOR, DID U CALL THEM SCAM? WHEN THE BANKS WILL CUT MY MONEY FOR SMS ALERT AND ATM MAINTENANCE WITHOUT MY NOTICE, DID YOU CALL THEM SCAM? WHEN AMEACHI STOLE BILLIONS FROM RIVERS STATE, I GUESS HE IS STILL A MINISTER, WHEN SENATOR SARAKI DUPE KWARA STATE DID YOU CALL HIM A SCAM? SEE I USE GOD BEG WHONA, I KNOW SAY WHONA NOR WANT MAKE WE DEY BUY CARS LIKE WHONA, BUT IF WHONA WANT PROBLEM, MAKE WHONA CONTINUE BECAUSE THE DEVIL WHEN ONE PUNISH BOTH THE REP, EFCC AND ALL ENEMIES OF MMM DEY DO PRESS UP, BECAUSE IT IS CLEAR THAT BANKERS NO LONGER HAVE MONEY TO LEND TO PEOPLE AGAIN SINCE MMM IS ROTATING AND REDISTRIBUTING THE FUNDS IN THE COUNTRY. GOD BLESS MMM NIGERIA. EFCC COME FIND ME MAKE YOU ARREST ME, WHONA FATHER WELL WELL.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arrest MMM Promoters - House Of Reps To EFCC by stalwart123(m): 8:42pm On Nov 09, 2016
chilet4cici:
At times I laugh when people say FG will shut down MMM as if mmm is one shop at ebutte-meta, oyingbo or Alaba market, as if MMM is one company at Agbara industrial estate.my take, if FG can not stop u from browsing the internet,they can't stop u from access and runing ur mmm account. Let me shock u. MMM program is not a program that started yesterday. it has survive tougher periods than this. It passed through fierce fire, yet it came out refined, crystal sparkling and purer than GOLD. your own MMM can only stop when you as a participant stop to participate. Clever sergey mavrodi saw the feature and designed MMM not to depend on anybody to survive. So, with this Strength of MMM, it is possible for MMM to stop existing in a country but mmm can never stop being in existence. Remember there are over 7billion people all over the world. Your country is just a fraction. In short who u be? Also it is possible for only you in ur country to be the only one doing mmm. That is why we have the Bitcoin which connect u to global bank and every other people in other part of the world doing mmm. If u think u don't want to continue with mmm because of what u heard, I beg park well, and let people that dare big things take the center stage of the new financial revolution that bridge the cap between the rich and the poor. The battle of life maybe for everyone, but those that conquer their fears and dare big things are called achievers. In conclusion, always remember this, with or without you mmm will achieve it's goal which is to raise multi-millionaires, why don't u face your fears today, join us in the battle for financial freedom and be counted among the self-made millionaire courtesy of MMM. Nobody can stop u from achieving what u desire except you stop urself. Together we can do alot.

$1000 bonus for you!!!
Your head dey there.
Re: Arrest MMM Promoters - House Of Reps To EFCC by erico2k2(m): 8:43pm On Nov 09, 2016
dguyindcorner:

Why na? Why do u keep displaying your Ignorance in the public? They can never shut down the website because the servers are not located here. MMM is running in China, stop being heard and see things for yourself. MMM was recently launched in USA...what have you to say? MMM does not break any law and it is not an investment scheme your Government sucks!

BTW: MMM is the most surf Nigeria website even above Nairaland. Long live MMM jor!!!
You are being ignorant, check this China's Govt blocked Facebook in china, you cannot access Facebook there, so whats MMM? always be sure of what you speak about do not assume.
Re: Arrest MMM Promoters - House Of Reps To EFCC by hexman20: 8:43pm On Nov 09, 2016
mmm has made more nigerian youths millionaires but they dont want that one they prefer to leave bet9ja and the rest to impoverish the sons of men
Re: Arrest MMM Promoters - House Of Reps To EFCC by dguyindcorner(m): 8:44pm On Nov 09, 2016
InvertedHammer:

/
I don't know how it works.

But I am saving all your comments for future references.

Wonder banks had equal amount of supporters and proponents.

The thing about pyramid schemes is that every player thinks they understand how it works (based on how it was marketed to them) until....

Question: What is in it for Mavrodi?

I wish otapiapia is listed in NSE. This will be a good time to buy in because sales will increase when MMM players start looking
for less painful way out of this world.

\

So MMM is another wonder bank?
Re: Arrest MMM Promoters - House Of Reps To EFCC by CioAngels(f): 8:44pm On Nov 09, 2016
Don't have idea though, but i guess the banks are no longer seeing koko kobo Poor Nigerians save in the bank again becos of the statements of accounts sent to them four times a month and get charged 4times. They are thieves too. The banks are corrupt themselves for bribing the already corrupt Reps to fight for them to continue ripping poor Nigerians off. Like the investors said, it is their money not yours. Our stealing leaders wants ordinary Nigerians to remain poor. I can see that our lawmakers don't have anything they are doing other than make noise and steal otherwise there are more important issues bothering Nigerian. Mr efcc 75% tribal employer, if he is really facing the job he is paid to do, hse of reps will not belittle him by sending him to go after poor innocent Nigerians to disorganise him from running after them. Mr 75%, out of fear, what has he been able to do to Saraki, Dogara, Kyari, Buratai, Ameachi and others, the Serial thieves who stole Nigeria dry and still? NOTHING.

1 Like

Re: Arrest MMM Promoters - House Of Reps To EFCC by Artistree: 8:44pm On Nov 09, 2016
Babaelemu:
my co worker here in south africa lost 5000 rand app 120 000 to MMM i warned but he wouldnt listen. the fact is in this scheme there will always be a victim. bitcoin minning seems better!
May I please know how it happened? Who scammed him?
Re: Arrest MMM Promoters - House Of Reps To EFCC by nwajesus12(m): 8:46pm On Nov 09, 2016
glossy6:

You can put up to 3m. I was about paying in my 1m today at the bank to 6 people that called for help when my friend bumped into me at the bank and tore the transfer sheets, telling me to reduce the amount
..lol your friend na enemy of progress

2 Likes

Re: Arrest MMM Promoters - House Of Reps To EFCC by JeffreyJamez(m): 8:47pm On Nov 09, 2016
Tobium1:

I'm not a banker so I guess u misunderstood me wen I said "fixed deposit". Wat I meant by dat in qoute was eh, all banks needs 25bn cash in dia safe box untouched, for dem to be able to stand alone as a single bank, so, if customers come daily to withdraw nd deposit inside dat safe box, de 25bn won't be feasible and it might force de bank to merge wit anoda. Do u get my point now?

So wait... Lol...... As you are like this now, you don't have any money in your bank account?
Re: Arrest MMM Promoters - House Of Reps To EFCC by dguyindcorner(m): 8:48pm On Nov 09, 2016
naijababe:

I am feeling generous today

http://searchsa.co.za/useful-info/MMM-PONZI-SOUTH-AFRICA-PYRAMID-SCHEME-COLLAPSES

Lol. Jesus! So this is your evidence? Your ignorance is second to none walahi. So that is South African MMM website?

Buhari come see your people o.

1 Like

Re: Arrest MMM Promoters - House Of Reps To EFCC by iamphotoshoot(m): 8:48pm On Nov 09, 2016
JeffreyJamez:

Lol na why I dey laugh when them dey talk..... All it takes is to shut down the website... O tan..... All their money don lost

Oga all-knowing, please tell us how they can shut it. undecided. Because, clearly, it isnt hosted in Nigeria.
Re: Arrest MMM Promoters - House Of Reps To EFCC by Jflex07(m): 8:49pm On Nov 09, 2016
naijababe:

Contrary to many ignorant views here, the law makers are doing exactly the job we elected them to do but i dont expect many of you to understand, y'all too arrogantly ignorant.
which job are they doing? Are they not supposed to provide jobs for the masses? My friend shut the f**k up and mind your business. it's not your money
Re: Arrest MMM Promoters - House Of Reps To EFCC by hotspec(m): 8:49pm On Nov 09, 2016
dguyindcorner:

E ponu sir!
Human beings have 2 brains. The right brain and d left brain. i can see u have nothing right in ur left brain and u have nothing left in ur right brain. I can understand ur frustration, òpònú afófun-gbému. By d time u lose all ur money, u will still cry come here. Aláìnírònú, apòdà.

Re: Arrest MMM Promoters - House Of Reps To EFCC by anigbajumo(m): 8:50pm On Nov 09, 2016
Toniwirelex:
my brother, you will be shocked...

Exactly the same thing my ex is telling me on WhatsApp now,"you will be shocked ".

As far as is making money my bro is making sense,I stand with mmm till the last minutes coming from a guy that invest 400k in two diff acct,am cashing out 520k tomorrow in one of the acct.

Anybody can say wat they like,I stand with MMM.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (26) (Reply)

Youwin Connect Business Competition 2017 / I Want To Go Into Keke Napep Business, Please I Need Some Guidelines / Pant Of Lady Hawking Plantain In Leggings In Lagos Shows, Nigerians React

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.