Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,292 members, 7,957,746 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 07:01 PM

The Maid Part 3 - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Maid Part 3 (958 Views)

The Maid (part 3) / The Maid (part 1) / The Maid Part 1 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Maid Part 3 by ngaz(f): 8:03pm On Nov 09, 2016
THE MAID Part 3
I got whipped into frenzy. A frenzy of rage over her repeated yell. How could she know that her maid had planned an escape mission for tonight? A little bird must have told her. Not minding, I just knew that I had to run. Indeed, blindly, hurriedly. I had crossed the Rubicon. I was determined to escape the grasp of my Aunty. The night was cold and light showers of rain dampened the earth. The air smelt of defeated dust.
I tripped on a stump and rolled over, landed on mud and dirt. I didn’t pause to dust my clothes not clean the mud stuck on my face. I kept running, determined to keep four years of abuse behind me.
I was already a long way from home, when I decided to seat on the edge of the locked shop by the street. It began to dawn on me that I had no plan. No food. No shelter. No money. What was I thinking? How would I survive? Bitter tears flowed from my eyes; life suddenly looked complicated. The street was dark and lonely. Two men were walking towards me. I could see their sticks of lit cigarette. And their low laughter and assured steps. I became afraid. I was shaking and shrinking into the corner. They came and walked pass not noticing me. I blessed my Aunty for buying me only dark colored clothes.
The men had long past when an aged woman with her child walked by. “Good evening, mother!” I greeted in a tiny voice laced with emotion as I asked the Woman for help. “You can sleep in my house for tonight. But tomorrow, I must return you to your Aunty. Children of these days are bold. To run away from home what impetuous”, Your aunty must be scouting for her maid now. She said, visibly angry at my guts. I offered to take her load as I walk with her back to her home.
To be continued….. With Love! Chioma.

(1) (Reply)

Exclusive: Ese Walter-ark Gets “Unclad” In Her Debut Memoir / I Should Not Be Alive Right Now – Prof. Wole Soyinka Makes Shocking Revelation A / Devils In Disguise (play)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.