Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,602 members, 7,809,188 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:45 AM

GRAND FINALE (Sci-fi) - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / GRAND FINALE (Sci-fi) (4041 Views)

ADAM (rebooted)--dark Fantasy/sci-fi / Supernaculars [the Renascence] A Sci-fantasy Novel / The Hole (sci-fi) mini -series (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: GRAND FINALE (Sci-fi) by Horlorlardaey: 12:07pm On Nov 14, 2016
update coming in the evening
pls bear with me ooo but u can chk my other works
bye
Re: GRAND FINALE (Sci-fi) by preetypam(f): 2:24pm On Nov 14, 2016
nice work dear i love your choice of charaters...science rocks
Re: GRAND FINALE (Sci-fi) by nastynic(m): 9:16pm On Nov 14, 2016
jagugu88li:
Let me call a few before reading.... nastynic shigo20 oya now, make una no say I just dey chop alone
Modified
A truck of popcorns please.....I'm here to stay
kiss kiss kiss thanks for the mention, this package is interesting, u re an angel wink

1 Like

Re: GRAND FINALE (Sci-fi) by Horlorlardaey: 7:18pm On Nov 15, 2016
preetypam:
nice work dear i love your choice of charaters...science rocks

yes ooooo, thanks for commenting,
is you science, is me science

science truly rock

I'm proud to be a science oriented pipus

1 Like

Re: GRAND FINALE (Sci-fi) by Horlorlardaey: 7:19pm On Nov 15, 2016
nastynic:
kiss kiss kiss thanks for the mention, this package is interesting, u re an angel wink

thanks for yah comment
but dont you think this kiss is too much??

*pls dont turn me on joor* Lolz
Re: GRAND FINALE (Sci-fi) by Horlorlardaey: 7:20pm On Nov 15, 2016
update ready pls
Re: GRAND FINALE (Sci-fi) by Horlorlardaey: 7:23pm On Nov 15, 2016
DEDICATED TO nastynic, preetypam, olanshile, bibjay123, jagugu88li

Chapter Four:

Robert and Clair Hooke were more than frustrated in their only daughter – Tina Hooke, she was the ideal SciFian girl but she never loves the Scifians a bit, all her life she drools over the Litians, twice her father had caught her with some Litians male folks, she had got the worst trashing of her life.
She loves to dress like the Litians, rarely attends Scifians meetings, she is a party freak and loves anything from the Litians.

To crown it all, she had lost interest in science. – She wanted to live a free science life, a life where she would be free from all science oglies.
Her parents were dead worried about her, she was their only offspring but it is quite unfortunate that she doesn’t wants to take their ways.
Though she was forced to go to classes, take part in practicals and discussions, she still managed to be a bit above average.
Tina on the other hand cared less ob her parent’s worries; her freedom is what matters to her, she knew their fears and their weakness but she isn’t going to be a nerdy science freaks, she needn’t have to work in the lab with her husband.

Professor Royd was the heads of all scifians in planet Earth, he was a man of great vast of knowledge, highly principled and most encouraging, thrice he was nominated to head them and thrice he had won, many scientists love meeting him for his wonderful advices, truly he deserves to be their leader
Royd was a bit disturbed about the draining interest of young Scifians in science, how come many of them don’t really wants to make impart again, they were redundant in making progress to the world of sciences, yet most of their parents are people who had contributed many into the world of science.

He deliberated on what to do to garner their interest back, he thought about it day and night
At last he found a solution, an everlasting one indeed, the one which would bring back all their interest.
He smiled at himself, then he booked an appointment with the president of the planet.
Interests of students in science must be bought back at all cost
TBC

1 Like 1 Share

Re: GRAND FINALE (Sci-fi) by Horlorlardaey: 7:25pm On Nov 15, 2016
dedicated to all ghost readers and guests of lit section

Jasmine walked home sluggishly with her only friend – Janet, they both had attended a three hours lesson on Sci 207; a course on the use of natural elements for mans development and usefulness.
“Did you understand Professor Lyan rule of controlling waters?” Janet asked
She had tried concentrating hard but the likes of James curie and his useless friends disturbed her to the core, at the end of the lesson she had only learn how to move soils and cause whirlwind

‘Yeah, I understood a little bit of it, I blanked off when he was experimenting it’ jasmine replied
‘Me too’ Janet added
“Is it nitrogen he added to the oxygen to make that water blast of magnesium?” jasmine asked
“the truth be told, I don’t really comprehend most of it” Janet replied

They had both reached the junction where they were to part ways
“are you coming for tutorials today?” Janet asked jasmine
“no, I’m too tired and I have got lots of clothes to wash”
‘What of father’s washing machine?’ janet asked again
“its faulty”and father isn’t around, Alban is too busy to repair it also

“bring tthem over to my place, ours is still working perfectly” janet advisewd
“Ok bestie, expect me by five, this is already past three” jasmine said before walking to her house
“see yah then” Janet shouted so that her friend will hear and she started walking over to her house.

James curie and his packs of naughty friends were outside his father’s compound, they were planning on how to avenge Janet’s assaults.
‘I think we need to teach that proud girl a lesson’ Tim said
“Yeah, she is too pompous and, just because she is animal friendly, that doesn’t means she has to scare life outta us with them” James added
“Mac, your house is closer to hers, we will use your own to teach her lessons, she won’t forget in a life time,
“I know what befits her type, let’s wait till nightfall then we strike” said James finalizing Janet’s chapter.

“Father had restored power last night, let go in and watch some television programmes” James said
“That’s nice, my dad hadn’t restored his since last weeks”, Tim said
“That was because he is as poor as Janet’s father too” Mac said
And they all burst into laughter as they filled into James sitting room
He switched on the T.V and he started searching for a good station.

Something caught their attention – an advertisement.
They all gasped as they watched the advertisement with serious faces.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: GRAND FINALE (Sci-fi) by Nobody: 7:46pm On Nov 15, 2016
.....and the boys forgot about payback scheme arranged against Janet. Good one Prof. (that's if what I think is on that t.v is what I think it is).

Parents always wanting to leave their dreams through us

Still here dear!
Re: GRAND FINALE (Sci-fi) by Nobody: 7:50pm On Nov 15, 2016
skarlett:

Now following
thank God
Re: GRAND FINALE (Sci-fi) by preetypam(f): 7:53pm On Nov 15, 2016
Horlorlardaey:

yes ooooo, thanks for commenting, is you science, is me science
science truly rock
I'm proud to be a science oriented pipus
me is proudly science
Re: GRAND FINALE (Sci-fi) by preetypam(f): 7:57pm On Nov 15, 2016
thankz for the mention and kudos to you...
keep bringin 'em on
Re: GRAND FINALE (Sci-fi) by preetypam(f): 7:57pm On Nov 15, 2016
thankz for the mention and kudos to you...
keep bringin 'em on
Re: GRAND FINALE (Sci-fi) by Nobody: 8:01pm On Nov 15, 2016
SuperSurupe:

Present! its show time...

yes Sir!!!
Re: GRAND FINALE (Sci-fi) by Nobody: 8:03pm On Nov 15, 2016
CC:
hefelove
tommylayor
homestic1

shekinah190
gracy16
Mrcuteoscar

ugochybike
teel123
talut

comman read joor
Re: GRAND FINALE (Sci-fi) by hefelove(m): 8:05pm On Nov 15, 2016
OloladeWrites:
CC: hefelove tommylayor homestic1
shekinah190 gracy16 Mrcuteoscar
ugochybike teel123 talut
comman read joor
shey na money matter?
Re: GRAND FINALE (Sci-fi) by Nobody: 8:07pm On Nov 15, 2016
where are this bosses of mine
jummiia
preciousbouy

humbleamanda
juliet93

orangeberry2
holufunmie

samwell
supersurupe
cliqboy

samwell247
holymayor5

jamieblack
Yemijr

crazo
viperman

proses
bliss121

angelinastto
dimssy

aceman
Re: GRAND FINALE (Sci-fi) by Nobody: 8:08pm On Nov 15, 2016
hefelove:

shey na money matter?

chai

money is the root of all evil
Re: GRAND FINALE (Sci-fi) by hefelove(m): 8:09pm On Nov 15, 2016
OloladeWrites:

chai
money is the root of all evil
LMAO abeg let me have d money first
Re: GRAND FINALE (Sci-fi) by Nobody: 8:13pm On Nov 15, 2016
lexymania
bisimii
heemah

elskiful
anselam37
ouzo1
officute1

bibijay123
Re: GRAND FINALE (Sci-fi) by Nobody: 8:18pm On Nov 15, 2016
jagugu88li:
.....and the boys forgot about payback scheme arranged against Janet. Good one Prof. (that's if what I think is on that t.v is what I think it is).

Still here dear!

yes oooo
i agree with you 100%
Re: GRAND FINALE (Sci-fi) by Nobody: 8:18pm On Nov 15, 2016
preetypam:

me is proudly science
you must be jenifa's mentor
Re: GRAND FINALE (Sci-fi) by Nobody: 8:19pm On Nov 15, 2016
hefelove:

LMAO abeg let me have d money first
then you will give evil it share abi
Re: GRAND FINALE (Sci-fi) by Nobody: 8:22pm On Nov 15, 2016
nairalanders sabi praise persin

you guys schould criticize also
Re: GRAND FINALE (Sci-fi) by hefelove(m): 8:29pm On Nov 15, 2016
OloladeWrites:
then you will give evil it share abi
nah will give the tithe
Re: GRAND FINALE (Sci-fi) by Horlorlardaey: 8:35pm On Nov 15, 2016
hefelove:

shey na money matter?
bros. jejely day love money oooo
Re: GRAND FINALE (Sci-fi) by Horlorlardaey: 8:36pm On Nov 15, 2016
jagugu88li:

Still here dear!
lets wait and hope so

1 Like

Re: GRAND FINALE (Sci-fi) by preetypam(f): 8:39pm On Nov 15, 2016
OloladeWrites:
you must be jenifa's mentor
me is a learnings learners for jenifa's side
Re: GRAND FINALE (Sci-fi) by Horlorlardaey: 8:41pm On Nov 15, 2016
Chapter Five

Janet took off her clothes, she was stark naked, she walked to the kitchen without any iota of intrusion; she picked some bacon and quickly prepared cold milk.
She walked back inside to start selecting the dirty clothes, Father had embarked on a seven days time travel he shouldn’t be back until the next five days, she packed enough dirty ones, she entered into the bathroom to have a cold shower after which she put on a cute pink gown, she packed her hair in two ponytails and slung her mini bad across her shoulder.

She was about to moved out when her elder brother arrived from school.
“Where are you going to Jasmine?” Alban asked
‘You’re even packing clothes, do you want to go and sell them?’ he asked

“Afternoon brother, I’m going to Janet’s house, and I want to use their machine to wash these clothes” jasmine answered
‘o.k., go and come back home before seven’ Alban ordered
‘Copy that’ she said while saluting
‘Silly girl’ Alban said walking inside their house.

Jasmine had reached Janet’s house on time, she had done her laundry too, they both were gisting outside when Janet jumped down from her sitting position
‘Best friend, I’ve got a TV programme to watch, would you mind joining me?’ Janet asked
She walked inside with jasmine following her
“Hope it isn’t a boring TV programme”
“Nah” Janet replied

She switched on the T.V and started searching for the favorite TV station; she was still searching for the right station when she saw an advertisement
“Wait! Isn’t that professor Royd?” Jasmine said walking closer to the TV
“Yeah” Janet said
They both sat down to watch the advert

It reads:
“The Association of Earth Scientists Hereby calls on all Scifians between the ages of Fifteen to Twenty Five to apply for the First Planet Earth Science Competition.
Interested students must possess ground knowledge of science both in theories and practicals
Winners are liable to be conferred with the highest awards in Science – The “Lord” title, a bag of gold, three bags of bronze, a silver plated slate and a golden crystal with specs of diamonds”

Both girls jumped up in disbelief
‘Is this for real?’ Janet questioned
“Are you asking me?”Jasmine returned

“This is too real to be true, where do they want to get all those prizes?” Jasmine asked
“Who knows?”Janet replied
“I’m 100% in this” Jasmine said. She stood up, let me go and start preparing; Jasmine must win if not for anything at least the ‘Lord’ title.
“How would it be if I’m called Lord Jasmine Einstein?” Jasmine Asked

TBC

1 Like 1 Share

Re: GRAND FINALE (Sci-fi) by Horlorlardaey: 8:42pm On Nov 15, 2016
“It would be the coolest name I’ve ever heard” Janet replied
They both went into two minutes silence
“We musty sturdy hard to win this competition” Janet said breaking the silence.

“sure, for it to have fantastic prizes as rewards and the fact that the chief sponsor is Lord Royd, then it wouldn’t be a child’s play” Jasmine replied
“Oh!, I need to take my leave now, my brother ordered me back by seven, this is twenty minutes past seven” jasmine said. She stood up and started walking to the door, she straighten her gown, Janet walked to meet her
“Let me walked you down the road” she said

‘That’s nice of you’ Jasmine replied
They closed the door, locking it with the card security.
“Let go” Janet said, walking closely by her side is jasmine.

They hadn’t walked a stone throw when James Curie, Mac Darwin and Tim Bohr surfaced from the opposite street, they were putting on mean faces, Jasmine would have laugh it off but the seriousness on her friends face was too alarming, this time the trio were already adding more acceleration, it was more of walk-running thingy.

Jasmine and Janet turned immediately, they took to their heels, they ran faster than their average, soon they were back at Janet’s doorpost.
Like flash they inserted ‘the security cards, twice they inserted it wrongly, and it rejected it

The boys were quick enough to get to the girls, by the time they would open the little door barricading Janet’s house to the streets, the card was accepted and the two girls forced themselves in immediately locking the door behind them

James laughed loudly
“You fools” he said loudly, ‘do you think this locked doors could prevent me from doing what I planned?’ he asked no one in particular
He brought out two white radioactive gloves, the gloves were beaming with green light, he wore them on his two hands
Jasmine and Janet gasped where they were at the window bar watching the three boys at their doorpost James and his friends moved to where the security gadget was fixed to the door.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: GRAND FINALE (Sci-fi) by Horlorlardaey: 8:44pm On Nov 15, 2016
DROP A COMMENT PLS
MENTION OTHERS TOO

UPDATE COMING TOMORROW

HORLORLARDAEY LOVES YAH
Re: GRAND FINALE (Sci-fi) by Nobody: 9:02pm On Nov 15, 2016
preetypam:

me is a learnings learners for jenifa's side

lolz

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Sponsors For 2019 Literature Award / Check Who You Are To Me On Nairaland / Demond Hybrid

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.