Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,751 members, 7,824,158 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:20 AM

Who Is A False Prophet? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Is A False Prophet? (1257 Views)

The Trinity Doctrine Is a False doctrine and it is Unbiblical. / Is Roman Catholism A False Gospel? / How Do You Know That Your Pastor Is Not A False Prophet? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Is A False Prophet? by easystudy101: 2:09pm On Nov 10, 2016
with the trending news of TB joshua's 'miscalculation' of the US election, how do we classify him? is he called of God? will God mislead his prophet?
Re: Who Is A False Prophet? by JBUZZ: 2:12pm On Nov 10, 2016
A false prophet is a false prophet.
Let's call a spade a spade.
Joshua is fake. Period.

1 Like

Re: Who Is A False Prophet? by Seun(m): 2:30pm On Nov 10, 2016
I feel that there are two types of prophets: false prophets, and those that are yet to be exposed as false prophets. There are no true prophets.

9 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Who Is A False Prophet? by Jay542(m): 2:31pm On Nov 10, 2016
JBUZZ:
A false prophet is a false prophet.
Let's call a spade a spade.
Joshua is fake. Period.
Why do you think he's fake?
Re: Who Is A False Prophet? by dhardline(m): 2:32pm On Nov 10, 2016
Deuteronomy 18:22 When a prophet speaketh in the name of the LORD, if the thing follow not, nor come to pass, that is the thing which the LORD hath not spoken, but the prophet hath spoken it presumptuously: thou shalt not be afraid of him.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Is A False Prophet? by coolbreezy01: 2:54pm On Nov 10, 2016
Please seun let theist speak first about what they think as religious people before you put your atheist facts cause the question seems somewhat directed to theist.

Though I believe in the supernatural but God revealing something so inconsequential like the U.S election feels dumb cause they are many things that is to be revealed by him like earthquake,tsunami,flood and the likes so that His people will not perish.

And as for false prophets its hard to know except dumb one's "permit me to say" who don't know their games like this recent prophet releasing prophecies about an election of roughly the most corrupt and immoral country in the world is just pathetic!!!

2 Likes

Re: Who Is A False Prophet? by holatin(m): 3:13pm On Nov 10, 2016
Any pastor who has more money than an average hard working citizen
Re: Who Is A False Prophet? by Yungkid101(m): 3:20pm On Nov 10, 2016
Seun:
I feel that there are two types of prophets: false prophets, and those that are yet to be exposed as false prophets. There are no true prophets.

Matthew 24:24

"For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect."

I've always doubt Tb joshua since my secondary school days, so i'm not surprise if he turns out to be a denomic prophet sent from the kingdom of darkness to deceive the elects of God

1 Like

Re: Who Is A False Prophet? by Nobody: 3:26pm On Nov 10, 2016
Seun:

Thanks for acting. I'm grateful
Re: Who Is A False Prophet? by Yungkid101(m): 3:52pm On Nov 10, 2016
Matthew 24:5-14

5. For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.
6. And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet.
7. For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and
earthquakes, in divers places
8. All these are the beginning of sorrows. 9. Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name's sake.
10. And then shall many be offended, and shall betray one another, and shall hate one another.
11. And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many.
12. And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold.
13. But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.
14. And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.
Re: Who Is A False Prophet? by Yungkid101(m): 4:01pm On Nov 10, 2016
Seun:

I keep telling you sir, when you see a geniue prophet of God, you'll believe in christ and his Kingdom. Sir if you can attend the RCCG DECEMBER HOLYGHOST CONGRESS you'll believe in God by the time you start experiencing the power and presence of God there.
Re: Who Is A False Prophet? by Acidosis(m): 4:55pm On Nov 10, 2016
The fact that you prayed or predicted something and it didn't come to pass does not make you a false prophet.
Re: Who Is A False Prophet? by Acidosis(m): 4:57pm On Nov 10, 2016
Seun:

Another illogical viewpoint. How can you have a false without a "true"?

Who are the co-ignoramus that liked and shared this viewpoint?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Is A False Prophet? by Seun(m): 5:20pm On Nov 10, 2016
Acidosis:
Here is a fake fire-breathing dragon. Where can I find a real fire-breathing dragon?

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Who Is A False Prophet? by Acidosis(m): 5:29pm On Nov 10, 2016
Seun:

Here is a fake fire-breathing dragon. Where can I find a real fire-breathing dragon?

That's s a cartoon (caricature), not a dragon.

2 Likes

Re: Who Is A False Prophet? by Seun(m): 5:32pm On Nov 10, 2016
Acidosis:

Here's a fake superman. Where's the real superman?

I think I've derailed the thread unintentionally, though. The OP wants a biblical answer. Here's one:
“But you may wonder, ‘How will we know whether or not a prophecy is from the Lord?If the prophet speaks in the Lord’s name but his prediction does not happen or come true, you will know that the Lord did not give that message. That prophet has spoken without my authority and need not be feared. - Deut 18:21-22

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Who Is A False Prophet? by shumuel(m): 10:59pm On Nov 10, 2016
Seun:

kikiki Lol grin your statement and picture does not correlate with the said topic, so it a ''No point''

The days of Fire breathing Dragons had evolved with the ages of the Dinosuars, you preach Evolution so i believe you understand my point without much to be said, now ''Prophets'' is not an animal or thing that can easily evolve, its more of a gift or profession in humans, and as long as the human races continues there would definitely be gifted ones among us, and yes false ones too.

You believe in science and technology, now your point is more of saying because some scientist said there would be Hover technology by 2015, which was even credited with the movie (Back To The Future) and till now we still don't have a successful one yet means that they are false scientists, and just because i can upload a picture of one of such technology and ask you to provide a real one dosen't mean they can or will never exist,, or that they have created a technology e.g a flying car, which has no credited prove yet means they are false and so there are no more scientise on earth because some are false undecided .

You follow up point and Bible quote was on point, though.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Is A False Prophet? by ujiriukiri(m): 2:11am On Nov 11, 2016
shumuel:

kikiki Lol grin your statement and picture does not correlate with the said topic, so it a ''No point''

The days of Fire breathing Dragons had evolved with the ages of the Dinosuars, you preach Evolution so i believe you understand my point without much to be said, now ''Prophets'' is not an animal or thing that can easily evolve, its more of a gift or profession in humans, and as long as the human races continues there would definitely be gifted ones among us, and yes false ones too.

You believe in science and technology, now your point is more of saying because some scientist said there would be Hover technology by 2015, which was even credited with the movie (Back To The Future) and till now we still don't have a successful one yet means that they are false scientists, and just because i can upload a picture of one of such technology and ask you to provide a real one dosen't mean they can or will never exist,, or that they have created a technology e.g a flying car, which has no credited prove yet means they are false and so there are no more scientise on earth because some are false undecided .

You follow up point and Bible quote was on point, though.

"Back to the future" movie is a work of fiction and does not claim to prophesy what the future holds.

BTW fire-breathing dragons never existed. I think @seun's point was that prophets and prophecies are fake because no one can actually see the future!
Re: Who Is A False Prophet? by Acidosis(m): 6:39am On Nov 11, 2016
ujiriukiri:

"Back to the future" movie is a work of fiction and does not claim to prophecy what the future holds.

BTW fire-breathing dragons never existed. I think @seun's point was that prophets and prophecies are fake because no one can actually see the future!

That notion is pathetic... Through ordinary/mere dreams, people see the future.

Maybe atheists don't dream. I could remember the night I wrote my JAMB exam over 10 years ago. I dreamt about my score. When the results were released, I found exact score on my printout. Please don't tell me my subconscious escaped to JAMB office over the night cheesy

I still don't understand why people would assume life is all about the physical (what you can see/touch physically).

The fact that no one can actually touch the human soul and mind shows our very existence is not founded upon the physical. Abi Atheists don't believe in soul and mind again??

grin

If I find out that they do not believe in the above, I will never in my entire life engage any atheist in any rational discussion. That would be the most terrific thing that can happen to any normal human being.

If you believe in the soul/mind, can you touch it? Show me your soul?

If you can't show it, why believe in it? Why would you believe in the soul, and refuse to believe in spirits? spiritual power? supernatural powers?

I know where this discussion would end already --->> "subconscious" grin grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Is A False Prophet? by shumuel(m): 8:19am On Nov 11, 2016
ujiriukiri:

"Back to the future" movie is a work of fiction and does not claim to prophecy what the future holds.

kikiki Lol grin you cleary know nothing, now let me tell you a lot you don't know, many Hollywood movies are credit to either a prophecy or of a technology.

Fire breathing dragons existed, just because they were used in movie fictions does not mean they don't, many animals are said would soon lose its existence e.g The Tiger and the Lion,, what if that happens and in 300 years later such animals are use in a movie fiction, am sure someone would also say they don't exist, just like we have of the dinosuars.

You cleary also never heard of ''Baba Vanga'', please google it now to be enlightened, her prophecies birthed a lot of movies in Hollywood.

Moreso, just because we have fake products does not mean the originals never existed, infact there can't be a counterfeit if there wasn't an original,, Prophets exist and in various ways too, and yes they do know and speak of the future,, a lot of scientist are prophets but prefare to be called scientist, some prefare to be called psychics or Astrologers others sheyman e.t.c.

I that speak am one and i do see the future but its not as simple as you think, a prophet sees only what God shows and tells, unfortunately many want to be over relevant so they speak the nonsense from their hearts which God had not told them, some its the devil playing tricks with them,,
Now with all authority i say PROPHETS exist because am still alive, except you want to believe am an Autoresponder grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Is A False Prophet? by shumuel(m): 8:48am On Nov 11, 2016
Acidosis:

That notion is pathetic... Through ordinary/mere dreams, people see the future.

Maybe atheists don't dream. I could remember the night I wrote my JAMB exam over 10 years ago. I dreamt about my score. When the results were released, I found exact score on my printout. Please don't tell me my subconscious escaped to JAMB office over the night cheesy

I still don't understand why people would assume life is all about the physical (what you can see/touch physically).

The fact that no one can actually touch the human soul and mind shows our very existence is not founded upon the physical. Abi Atheists don't believe in soul and mind again??

grin

If I find out that they do not believe in the above, I will never in my entire life engage any atheist in any rational discussion. That would be the most terrific thing that can happen to any normal human being.

If you believe in the soul/mind, can you touch it? Show me your soul?

If you can't show it, why believe in it? Why would you believe in the soul, and refuse to believe in spirits? spiritual power? supernatural powers?

I know where this discussion would end already --->> "subconscious" grin grin grin

Lol grin i don't blame them its those Men of God that wont face what God had told them to do but would be looking for cheap publicity and favourism that i blame.

Have said countless times and i would also repeat it now

'' The day a Man of God deviate into politics is the day The God leaves the Man. ''
Re: Who Is A False Prophet? by bennyann: 10:36am On Nov 11, 2016
Acidosis:

Who are the co-ignoramus that liked and shared this viewpoint?

Thank you jare
Re: Who Is A False Prophet? by bennyann: 10:44am On Nov 11, 2016
Seun:

Funny! Please, just tell me You aren't serious ooo.

How do you know something is false, if you have no idea of the real one already?

The word 'false' doesn't exist on its own. It depends on the word 'real'.

For you to say something is fake or false, it means you know there's an 'original' or a 'real' one already.

Simple logic.
Re: Who Is A False Prophet? by bennyann: 10:51am On Nov 11, 2016
Acidosis:

Thank you for that.
Re: Who Is A False Prophet? by bennyann: 10:55am On Nov 11, 2016
Acidosis:

grin grin grin

I Can't laugh enough. grin grin grin

But must you remind Seun that?
Re: Who Is A False Prophet? by bennyann: 11:02am On Nov 11, 2016
Seun:
Here's a fake superman. Where's the real superman?

I think I've derailed the thread unintentionally, though. The OP wants a biblical answer. Here's one:

We all know the real superman is clark grin grin grin

I Can't believe you've also given a biblical answer. OP mark that.
Re: Who Is A False Prophet? by bennyann: 11:15am On Nov 11, 2016
shumuel:

Have said countless times and i would also repeat it now

'' The day a Man of God deviate into politics is the day The God leaves the Man. ''

That's deep!
Re: Who Is A False Prophet? by shumuel(m): 12:07pm On Nov 11, 2016
bennyann:

That's deep!

Had to let it out, i feel so ashamed most times when i see the ways these so called ''Me of God'' we so much respect stoop so low, all for fame and gain.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Is A False Prophet? by ujiriukiri(m): 7:28pm On Nov 11, 2016
shumuel:

kikiki Lol grin you cleary know nothing, now let me tell you a lot you don't know, many Hollywood movies are credit to either a prophecy or of a technology.

Fire breathing dragons existed, just because they were used in movie fictions does not mean they don't, many animals are said would soon lose its existence e.g The Tiger and the Lion,, what if that happens and in 300 years later such animals are use in a movie fiction, am sure someone would also say they don't exist, just like we have of the dinosuars.

You cleary also never heard of ''Baba Vanga'', please google it now to be enlightened, her prophecies birthed a lot of movies in Hollywood.

Moreso, just because we have fake products does not mean the originals never existed, infact there can't be a counterfeit if there wasn't an original,, Prophets exist and in various ways too, and yes they do know and speak of the future,, a lot of scientist are prophets but prefare to be called scientist, some prefare to be called psychics or Astrologers others sheyman e.t.c.

I that speak am one and i do see the future but its not as simple as you think, a prophet sees only what God shows and tells, unfortunately many want to be over relevant so they speak the nonsense from their hearts which God had not told them, some its the devil playing tricks with them,,
Now with all authority i say PROPHETS exist because am still alive, except you want to believe am an Autoresponder grin

1. Predictions are not prophecies. Predictions are based on current events(in this case technology) and growth rate of these events. They do not claim to be factual. Prophecies on the other hand, claim to tell the future as it is.

2. Archaeologist who have found remains of dinosaurs and other extinct animals are yet to find remains of dragons.

3. Baba Vagna is not new. Her predictions are not strange, most are scientific and politically motivated and can/have been predicted by others. Even the bible predicts some of the things she claims to prophesy. This doesn't make her see the future. Ice caps melting, alien life, invading other planets, rise of Islam, etc are predictions scientist have laid down long before her!

1 Like

Re: Who Is A False Prophet? by freeDR(m): 6:00pm On Nov 12, 2016
shumuel:

This is pathetic
Re: Who Is A False Prophet? by freeDR(m): 6:06pm On Nov 12, 2016
bennyann:

Funny! Please, just tell me You aren't serious ooo.

How do you know something is false, if you have no idea of the real one already?

The word 'false' doesn't exist on its own. It depends on the word 'real'.

For you to say something is fake or false, it means you know there's an 'original' or a 'real' one already.

Simple logic.

The many folktales of the tortoise were all false. Does it mean there were real life events that had the tortoise and other animals talking? Dear friend, some things will only exist in your imagination, and in your imagination alone.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Get A Beautiful Website Design For Your Church, Mosque Or Organization / "I Regret My Life Of False Teachings And Beliefs!!!"---benny Hinn's Nephew / VIDEO: Watch How Pro Hezekiah Oladeji Was Flown In A Private Helicopter By FANO

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.