Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,791 members, 7,956,020 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 09:35 PM

A Thread For Physical Fitness and BodyBuilders On Nairaland - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / A Thread For Physical Fitness and BodyBuilders On Nairaland (8918 Views)

Physical Fitness Activities On The Street Of Lagos; How Safe? / Tips To Improve Your Physical Fitness / Blackstone Labs APEX MALE Testosterone Supplement For Athletes, Bodybuilders Etc (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Thread For Physical Fitness and BodyBuilders On Nairaland by enshi(m): 1:25am On Nov 12, 2016
Millex:
The problem with working out in naija is the food. Dieting is really costly in this parts but mans gotta still try. I make do with shockabsorber for a van,... Its heavy but its mainly improvised stuff

Cool.... How long have you been in the game bro
Re: A Thread For Physical Fitness and BodyBuilders On Nairaland by enshi(m): 1:27am On Nov 12, 2016
Alexander001:
yea, bt you challenges like what you eat. as a student, you cannot do without eba, rice, spaghetti and junks which is a minus to your effort.

When eating these things becomes inevitable then you have to cut low to the bearest minimum
Re: A Thread For Physical Fitness and BodyBuilders On Nairaland by enshi(m): 1:29am On Nov 12, 2016
I want to suggest that some one should come up with a time table for us here.... Both on the gym routine and diet specification... .

3 Likes

Re: A Thread For Physical Fitness and BodyBuilders On Nairaland by Greatbeard(m): 9:01am On Nov 12, 2016
Good idea enshi... CC: Pristinemuscles
Re: A Thread For Physical Fitness and BodyBuilders On Nairaland by BlueScholar(m): 10:24am On Nov 12, 2016
This is interesting, I def follow this thread smiley
Re: A Thread For Physical Fitness and BodyBuilders On Nairaland by BlueScholar(m): 10:27am On Nov 12, 2016
teejaypee:
Let me drop this here,
my bro is about to get the dum bells, i do push ups, sit-ups,
but why no sex?
I think the sex part is just pure sarcasm, keep calm lol
Re: A Thread For Physical Fitness and BodyBuilders On Nairaland by PRISTINEMUSCLES: 10:37am On Nov 12, 2016
Greatbeard:
Good idea enshi...
CC: Pristinemuscles

We already have a thread for bodybuilders with professord as the owner, just that it is near comatose. But i will always be ready to drop it like is hot for us.

Check my thread pristine muscles, it contains very vital infos on muscle gaining and development.
Re: A Thread For Physical Fitness and BodyBuilders On Nairaland by teejaypee: 10:39am On Nov 12, 2016
PRISTINEMUSCLES:

We already have a thread for bodybuilders with professord as the owner, just that it is near comatose. But i will always be ready to drop it like is hot for us.

good!.. Thanks!
Re: A Thread For Physical Fitness and BodyBuilders On Nairaland by teejaypee: 10:41am On Nov 12, 2016
enshi:
I want to suggest that some one should come up with a time table for us here.... Both on the gym routine and diet specification... .

this is a very good idea enshi, the experts in the house can collaborate to do this
Re: A Thread For Physical Fitness and BodyBuilders On Nairaland by teejaypee: 10:41am On Nov 12, 2016
BlueScholar:

I think the sex part is just pure sarcasm, keep calm lol

i don't think so oh, but you have to cut down on that!
Re: A Thread For Physical Fitness and BodyBuilders On Nairaland by Millex(m): 10:42am On Nov 12, 2016
enshi:

Cool.... How long have you been in the game bro
Let's say two years of in consistent gyming
Re: A Thread For Physical Fitness and BodyBuilders On Nairaland by BlueScholar(m): 10:55am On Nov 12, 2016
teejaypee:

i don't think so oh, but you have to cut down on that!

What! shocked I thought it was all joke, alright then no wahala I'll have to gain more discipline in that aspect. Thanks
Re: A Thread For Physical Fitness and BodyBuilders On Nairaland by teejaypee: 11:01am On Nov 12, 2016
BlueScholar:

What! shocked I thought it was all joke, alright then no wahala I'll have to gain more discipline in that aspect. Thanks

hehehe. Sure!

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Physical Fitness and BodyBuilders On Nairaland by enshi(m): 1:33pm On Nov 12, 2016
teejaypee:

this is a very good idea enshi, the experts in the house can collaborate to do this

Pls help us.... I humbly nominate you for the selfless job.... Pls guys can i get a seconder??
Re: A Thread For Physical Fitness and BodyBuilders On Nairaland by enshi(m): 1:36pm On Nov 12, 2016
PRISTINEMUSCLES:

Check my thread pristine muscles, it contains very vital infos on muscle gaining and development.

Ok pristinemuscles... I guess you are equally equal to the task... Pls... Help us
Re: A Thread For Physical Fitness and BodyBuilders On Nairaland by teejaypee: 1:48pm On Nov 12, 2016
enshi:

Pls help us.... I humbly nominate you for the selfless job.... Pls guys can i get a seconder??

haha bro, not an expert oh,

but I think biafranbushboy and millex can help.

Pristinemuscles too
Re: A Thread For Physical Fitness and BodyBuilders On Nairaland by enshi(m): 2:44pm On Nov 12, 2016
teejaypee:

haha bro, not an expert oh,

but I think biafranbushboy and millex can help.

Pristinemuscles too

Ok then... Pls copy them asap
Re: A Thread For Physical Fitness and BodyBuilders On Nairaland by Millex(m): 5:47pm On Nov 12, 2016
The secret to bigger arms.

Often times when guys hit the gym trying to get bigger arms they forget that there are two major muscles in the arms- biceps and triceps. We tend to focus on mainly the biceps doing only barbel and dumbbell curls and tend to exercise the triceps only when doing bench presses. Of the two muscles that make up the arms the tricep makes up most of the muscular mass so building the triceps gives bigger arms.

How to get bigger arms -

Use dumbells- using dumbbells help to isolate each arm as each do their own work

Train the triceps a lot - as the triceps make up most of the muscular mass bigger triceps gives bigger hands

Train to failure- this means when training, while doing reps do till when you hit that point when you use your last muscular strength, this activate muscle tearing which leads to muscle growth

Eat the right diet- this cant be over stressed you diet can determine how your muscles and your physique looks.

Below are a few tricep isolation exercises.

1 Share

Re: A Thread For Physical Fitness and BodyBuilders On Nairaland by PRISTINEMUSCLES: 7:54pm On Nov 12, 2016
@teejaypee, enshi,

Like i said before, i will be chipping in one or two things from time to time. Welcome to the world and sport of real men.

@millex, nice one.

3 Likes

Re: A Thread For Physical Fitness and BodyBuilders On Nairaland by enshi(m): 8:52pm On Nov 12, 2016
PRISTINEMUSCLES:
@teejaypee, enshi,

Like i said before, i will be chipping in one or two things from time to time. Welcome to the world and sport of real men.

@millex, nice one.

Roger that
Re: A Thread For Physical Fitness and BodyBuilders On Nairaland by Obas101(m): 1:47am On Nov 13, 2016
Glad to be here.. Pls any time table on routine dat i can follow in the gym
Re: A Thread For Physical Fitness and BodyBuilders On Nairaland by Millex(m): 5:44am On Nov 13, 2016
Another thing that can help in building a more rounded physique Is balanced and dedicated exercise routine. When body building you have to enter the gym with a mindset of which muscle parts am I training today. Here's a routine I followed, note when working out try to go for failure, at least 45 minutes of intensive workouts on a particular body part. But abs must be trained daily....

Monday : International chest day - bench presses incline, dumbbell bench press, cable fly', dumbbell flies hit the all the chest muscle . Pectorialis major, minor etc

Tuesday: shoulders- work at hitting the three shoulder muscles, millitary dumbbell presses, etc

Wednesday: back - hit the back muscles, try barbell rows, dumbbell rows, deadlifts, stiff leg dead lifts, shrugs, hit all back muscles from trapezious, to lats to lower back muscles

Thursday : arms hit both biceps and triceps, dumbbell curls, barbell curls, spider curls, preacher curls, triceps extension etc

Friday : leg day- squats, quads exercises, leg extensions both front and back

Saturday : focus on major an workout the high intensity ones to help your daily ab workouts

Sunday: go to church and rest nd cheat your diet..,, Lol you deserved it but don't over cheat.

Majorly in muscle building you have to have an idea of all your muscles not just chest and arms .,, then figure out which workouts can help hit each for better definition

Re: A Thread For Physical Fitness and BodyBuilders On Nairaland by Millex(m): 5:53am On Nov 13, 2016
Go for gold and remember it takes years of intense training to get to peak levels...

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Physical Fitness and BodyBuilders On Nairaland by Nobody: 9:07am On Nov 13, 2016
okada drop me hear!!!!

ive been looking for a thread like Dis since forever,I'm currently weighing 60kg and I'll like to know if I should gain weight first before heading to a gym,although i have been doing push ups for a month I'm yet to see significant results................see picture beneath and lest I forget am just 19, 6"2

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Thread For Physical Fitness and BodyBuilders On Nairaland by teejaypee: 3:57pm On Nov 13, 2016
Dayvhid:
okada drop me hear!!!!

ive been looking for a thread like Dis since forever,I'm currently weighing 60kg and I'll like to know if I should gain weight first before heading to a gym,although i have been doing push ups for a month I'm yet to see significant results................see picture beneath and lest I forget am just 19, 6"2

welcome!

Glad to have you here, read through the thread
Re: A Thread For Physical Fitness and BodyBuilders On Nairaland by teejaypee: 2:21pm On Nov 14, 2016
Biafranbushboy can I send a pm
Re: A Thread For Physical Fitness and BodyBuilders On Nairaland by BiafranBushBoy: 2:34pm On Nov 14, 2016
teejaypee:
Biafranbushboy can I send a pm
No need for PM bro... my number is on my signature...
Just copy it
Re: A Thread For Physical Fitness and BodyBuilders On Nairaland by BiafranBushBoy: 5:43pm On Nov 14, 2016
I enrolled for an online class for lectures on weight lifting. Very expensive tho. But if you need a cheap E-book that contains

1) Type of food to eat

2) Gym calendar or time table

3) Different types of exercises to build a particular part of your body...

Holla at me, I can order for you and send to you

Super cheap.!!

Re: A Thread For Physical Fitness and BodyBuilders On Nairaland by jacko007(m): 4:28pm On Nov 17, 2016
Hello guys.. Have been into weight lifting for 12 years but i dont do it constantly due to constant change of environment...so currently am in lagos, ojo precisely. Am really thinking of where to do my body work before travelling back to the south.
Re: A Thread For Physical Fitness and BodyBuilders On Nairaland by teejaypee: 4:42pm On Nov 17, 2016
jacko007:
Hello guys.. Have been into weight lifting for 12 years but i dont do it constantly due to constant change of environment...so currently am in lagos, ojo precisely. Am really thinking of where to do my body work before travelling back to the south.

Biafranbushboy you can help?
Re: A Thread For Physical Fitness and BodyBuilders On Nairaland by castrol180(m): 6:18pm On Nov 17, 2016
Nice thread! I do not see any gym centre within my locality though while in Abuja I gym to the extent that I noticed a huge change in my body and people often tell me about the physical changes... Though back to normal now, I want to continue with body building. How much will the weight and the small crawling weight cost? I'm presently in Ibadan...
Re: A Thread For Physical Fitness and BodyBuilders On Nairaland by Millex(m): 7:10pm On Nov 17, 2016
Train Differently !!!

Hi guys,

Change happens when you introduce change, before that nothing has a reason to change. Doesn’t that make total sense? If you’re earning the same every year and spending the same, you get the same results every year. This is the simple logic I use to explain how the body works in and out of the gym. You read my daily newsletter to learn how to get change, so here it is.

Your workouts need to resemble a new challenge for your body, a challenge it hasn’t had to go through before. Then you’ll get change because it has to alter quickly to cope. The body is just a system which understands stress, if you turn that stress up you will make it change. So how can keep doing this with your workouts? This is how…

Change Your Exercises

Everyone has their favourite exercises which they know they are good at, so they enjoy them. But to really see change you have to “change things up” which is especially true when it comes to choosing your exercises. If you’re doing your favourite exercises all of the time you’ll just get the result you’ve always had.

A really easy way to change this is to pick an exercise like squats and then do 4 different variation of it over the month. The first week might be back squats, the next week might be box squats, then front squats and to finish you might do wide stance squats. Right there you’ve made your muscles work in 4 completely different ways.

Change Your Reps

Don’t just stick with the same numbers otherwise you will get really stale in the gym. Change it up, do some lower reps to get stronger and then go all out with some higher rep finishers. Other workouts you can start with higher reps then challenge yourself to do lower rep stuff once you’re already fatigued. Don’t let your body get used to the flow of things.

Change Your Split

Stop following the same sequence if you want different results. If you train chest every Monday and back every Tuesday, things get a bit too familiar. Change things up, move from training 4 days a week to 6, then go back to a different split to 4 days a week to change the pace and watch your body change as it tries to keep up!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Striking Resident Doctors Commence Daily Nationwide Protests From Wednesday / COVID-19 Update For February 13 2021 In Nigeria / Have You Ever Donated Or Received Blood?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.