Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,044 members, 7,814,578 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:32 PM

Manual Drivers, Why The Superiority Complex? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Manual Drivers, Why The Superiority Complex? (22235 Views)

Aerial View Of Innoson Industrial Complex Nnewi, Anambra State (Photos) / Iceland Tests ‘floating’ Zebra Crossing To Slow Down Speeding Drivers / Lagos To Introduce New Number Plates, Uniforms For Drivers, Conductors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Manual Drivers, Why The Superiority Complex? by pocohantas(f): 9:06pm On Nov 11, 2016
I just suffered to learn how to drive an automatic, but all the manual drivers around me are not helping.

DRIVING as defined by wikipedia most often refers to the controlled operation and movement of a motorized vehicle, such as a car, truck, or bus. It is a skill of anticipation.

Having the above in mind, I believe it's about moving from point A to B (driving) irrespective of the motor vehicles' transmission.

Why then, are some manual drivers saying automatic drivers "CAN'T DRIVE", including me... cry

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Manual Drivers, Why The Superiority Complex? by heffem(m): 9:25pm On Nov 11, 2016
you can't call yourself a driver yet . you still have to go learn how to drive a manual vehicles and build on your self confidence.

56 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Manual Drivers, Why The Superiority Complex? by youngice(m): 10:54pm On Nov 11, 2016
pocohantas:

Because automatic drivers can't drive
I haven't seen an automatic trailer yet

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: Manual Drivers, Why The Superiority Complex? by Greene66: 11:10pm On Nov 11, 2016
youngice:

Keep telling yourself that.

Where you would go with your manual car, I would go there too with my automatic car. I might even get there faster than you would if my vehicle is faster than yours undecided

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Manual Drivers, Why The Superiority Complex? by ironheart(m): 1:11am On Nov 12, 2016
We are not slave to a man made computer. We are in charge of the car not the other way round

34 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Manual Drivers, Why The Superiority Complex? by diportivo: 4:25am On Nov 12, 2016
youngice:

You av been checking in d wrong places cos there are a lot of auto trucks around

Dat said,manual is d bomb

48 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Manual Drivers, Why The Superiority Complex? by Nobody: 6:28am On Nov 12, 2016
youngice:

How will you see? cheesy
Thank God you said you haven't seen, not that there aren't auto trucks.
Automatic drivers can't DRIVE? Abeg define driving undecided

@OP it's all because manual drivers see themselves as being versatile. Y'know not having to ask if a car is manual before they grab them car keys...

For someone whose sole aim is to get from point A to B, auto is perfect. 'but I noticed car enthusiasts do more of the stick shift.

17 Likes

Re: Manual Drivers, Why The Superiority Complex? by Nobody: 6:54am On Nov 12, 2016

Because driving a manual transmission is harder than any hard thing you can think of

You turn on the ignition, hold the brakes and gas, put it in gear 1 and release the brakes and slowly pressing the gas, put it in gear 1, gear 2, gear 3, gear 4, gear 5 and when you slow down because of the traffic, you start from the beginning by going back to gear 1 to gear 5 again

Even my 18 year old sister drives an automatic transmission and the day i convinced her to drive my manual transmission, she nearly killed 20 people

86 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Manual Drivers, Why The Superiority Complex? by eezeribe(m): 6:55am On Nov 12, 2016
Op Don't mind the manual drivers, they are always jealous because deep down, they wish they have access to the modern automatic drive.

In fact the feigned "superiority complex" is actually a reverse psychology of INFERIORITY COMPLEX.

40 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Manual Drivers, Why The Superiority Complex? by Unsad(m): 6:57am On Nov 12, 2016
You think it's easy to be using two legs to drive.

14 Likes

Re: Manual Drivers, Why The Superiority Complex? by Nobody: 6:59am On Nov 12, 2016
Driving a manual car is stressful, for me auto is the best undecided

12 Likes

Re: Manual Drivers, Why The Superiority Complex? by mummyson26(m): 6:59am On Nov 12, 2016
Automatic is made for comfort while manual is kinda stressful

5 Likes

Re: Manual Drivers, Why The Superiority Complex? by Nobody: 7:00am On Nov 12, 2016
Its not really easy to drive with both legs sha. But I for one I cannot stress myself with Manual cars when auto are in market

2 Likes

Re: Manual Drivers, Why The Superiority Complex? by osolee(m): 7:00am On Nov 12, 2016
pocohantas:

to the other room now angry angry

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Manual Drivers, Why The Superiority Complex? by marylandcakes: 7:04am On Nov 12, 2016
In the U.K. When you have an automatic licence you are restricted to automatic cars only but with a manual Licence you can drive both. A mother with loads of kids in the car and older people I would suggest automatic because it makes your life easier and when you live in a hilly area it is also better to get an automatic.
A place like Nigerian I think automatic is the car to have..

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Manual Drivers, Why The Superiority Complex? by Lusola15: 7:04am On Nov 12, 2016
all manual drivers can drive auto, all auto drivers cant drive manual grin grin grin

130 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Manual Drivers, Why The Superiority Complex? by Vince77(m): 7:05am On Nov 12, 2016
Do what you know you can do and do it very well

Thats my own

Accident no kw manual or automatic car.

Vehicle breakdown no kw manual and automatic car.

What ever you find yourself driving, just drive it very well.

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Manual Drivers, Why The Superiority Complex? by Bossontop(m): 7:05am On Nov 12, 2016
Well i wouldn't say you guys cant drive but think about it ....if there is an emergency and you are the only one there that "can drive" and the only car available is the manual car??

19 Likes

Re: Manual Drivers, Why The Superiority Complex? by Exponental(m): 7:08am On Nov 12, 2016
Give a Manual driver an automatic, he will deliver. Give an automatic driver a manual, then OYO!
Automatic drivers are not in charge, a reason you can never find an automatic in a race competition!

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Manual Drivers, Why The Superiority Complex? by OBAGADAFFI: 7:08am On Nov 12, 2016
Because manual drivers can drive both (Manual and Automatic)

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Manual Drivers, Why The Superiority Complex? by Darkseid(m): 7:09am On Nov 12, 2016
eezeribe:
Op Don't mind the manual drivers, they are always jealous because deep down, they wish they have access to the modern automatic drive.

In fact the feigned "superiority complex" is actually a reverse psychology of INFERIORITY COMPLEX.
What are you saying? I would pick a manual car over an automatic car without thinking twice. There is no fun in driving if you don't have a gear to shift.

31 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Manual Drivers, Why The Superiority Complex? by seXytOhbAd(m): 7:10am On Nov 12, 2016
Spreads mat.
Re: Manual Drivers, Why The Superiority Complex? by Nobody: 7:13am On Nov 12, 2016
Bossontop:
Well i wouldn't say you guys cant drive but think about it ....if there is an emergency and you are the only one there that "can drive" and the only car available is the manual car??

Lol.
They always come up with this analogy.
Does it play out like this in reality? How many people around you have manuals that it will be the only car available? cheesy

6 Likes

Re: Manual Drivers, Why The Superiority Complex? by seXytOhbAd(m): 7:13am On Nov 12, 2016
Op stop being silly.

If you are in an emergency situation, and need to rush a dear friend or close family member to the hospital, and your automatic transmission car has issues, leaving you stuck with the manual or stick shift car, I can bet that the one thought that will run through your mind is "wish I learned how to drive manual".

I usually encourage new drivers or intending drivers to learn manual so that they can be versatile. It really isn't that difficult

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Manual Drivers, Why The Superiority Complex? by Osyxcel(m): 7:14am On Nov 12, 2016
OP, so far you can drive the auto perfectly, it's cool.

Life is much more easier with auto especially in Nigeria.
Re: Manual Drivers, Why The Superiority Complex? by Consultville(m): 7:16am On Nov 12, 2016
Stress-wise - Automatic
Fun and Control - Manual

5 Likes

Re: Manual Drivers, Why The Superiority Complex? by Titto93(m): 7:17am On Nov 12, 2016
because what manual drivers learnt in a hard way, u did easier

1 Like

Re: Manual Drivers, Why The Superiority Complex? by Fantastic2m(m): 7:17am On Nov 12, 2016
Hian.. Complex kor..
Complexion ni
Re: Manual Drivers, Why The Superiority Complex? by Mememan: 7:17am On Nov 12, 2016
Manual cars any day.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Manual Drivers, Why The Superiority Complex? by Osyxcel(m): 7:17am On Nov 12, 2016
AfonjaStinks:

Because driving a manual transmission is harder than any hard thing you can think of

You turn on the ignition, hold the brakes and gas, put it in gear 1 and release the brakes and slowly pressing the gas, put it in gear 1, gear 2, gear 3, gear 4, gear 5 and when you slow down because of the traffic, you start from the beginning by going back to gear 1 to gear 5 again

Even my 18 year old sister drives an automatic transmission and the day i convinced her to drive my manual transmission, she nearly killed 20 people

The brakes?

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Manual Drivers, Why The Superiority Complex? by dandollaz: 7:19am On Nov 12, 2016
eezeribe:

you are totally wrong.Automatic driver only cant say i can drive because the day you face Manuel you will cause serious holdup because u cant control the gear.it took me one day to drive manual God know it took me 2weeks to master manual as authomatic expert.It help to learn manual because i can move any vehicle now.

2 Likes

Re: Manual Drivers, Why The Superiority Complex? by Bossontop(m): 7:20am On Nov 12, 2016
PaperLace:

Lol.
They always come up with this analogy.
Does it play out like this in reality? How many people around you have manuals that it will be the only car available? cheesy
My dear are u then saying its an impossible situation??

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

5 Car Pricing Mistakes To Avoid In Car Dealership / Planes, Traffic Lights & Tyres : Find Out Why They Have “standard” Colours / Are There Cheap Nigerian Used Cars?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.