Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,999 members, 7,817,953 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:52 PM

Manual Drivers, Why The Superiority Complex? - Car Talk (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Manual Drivers, Why The Superiority Complex? (22251 Views)

Aerial View Of Innoson Industrial Complex Nnewi, Anambra State (Photos) / Iceland Tests ‘floating’ Zebra Crossing To Slow Down Speeding Drivers / Lagos To Introduce New Number Plates, Uniforms For Drivers, Conductors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Manual Drivers, Why The Superiority Complex? by Anoruo(m): 6:08am On Nov 13, 2016
All vehicles has both auto and manual. Including tractors and trailers

youngice:

Because automatic drivers can't drive
I haven't seen an automatic trailer yet
Re: Manual Drivers, Why The Superiority Complex? by VaginaTerrorist(m): 7:23am On Nov 13, 2016
youngice:

Because automatic drivers can't drive
I haven't seen an automatic trailer yet
check most "Volkswagen WORKER" tho very few. smart&fast... U cant over take that trailer anyhow. Full electronic assisted engine &gearbox.

1 Like

Re: Manual Drivers, Why The Superiority Complex? by Kassidy90(m): 7:40am On Nov 13, 2016
blackweaver:

Do you realise that racing cars ONLY come in manual? There's a reason why people in naija can still buy brand new cars that are manual - because crazy makers still make them, and I'm pretty sure Nigerian manual drivers are not numerous enough to justify manufacturers making them - in other words, it's not only in naija that people drive manual, there are lots of people in developed countries who feel that driving with auto is not real driving

Those stunts in fast and furious movies would
NEVER work with auto
U re right tho
Re: Manual Drivers, Why The Superiority Complex? by QueenEKAMMA(f): 1:01pm On Nov 13, 2016
metallisc:

With this, i hereby declare you the queen of calabar! grin you are on the right track my dear, keep it up. you will have yourself to thank later. cool
THANKS................
Re: Manual Drivers, Why The Superiority Complex? by Kdamilola(m): 2:00pm On Nov 13, 2016
bastien:
@pocohantas
The only difficult thing in car is the steering, if you can really steer a car, then you already know how to drive. Also note that steering have numbers, which 70% of drivers in Nigeria don't know!

For a beginner, manual is hard, because of the gear and two leg drive, but when u have mastered it, you will be the one to tell others that's its easy!

To drive manual, the simplest thing u should do first is to check if you leg is pressing the clutch down to the ground, if it's not, then u have to adjust your sit.

2ndly, without clutching down, the gear won't be open to shift, and you won't be able to get your neutral, so you have to clutch down, and shift the gear right to left, to know if it's in the middle (neutral)

Thirdly, since you have gotten your neutral, you can choose to start the girl without clutching down or start it with clutching down the pedal

Fourthly, after you have on the car, clutch down, then shift the gear to the left side and then to the top (which is mostly gear 1 in all Asia cars eg Toyota, Honda, Nissan, Kia etc)

Five, release your left leg from the clutch gradually, (the best way to remove your leg when your are making a movement iand and you don't want the car to jerk and off, is by releasing your leg three times, gradually)

Note: while releasing your leg from the clutch, it's not a most you apply the accelerator (gas), cause manual cars can move without accelerator (gas)

Wow... Quite fascinating! I don't know how to drive but with this description of yours, I think I'm getting a lot of things together at a time. What a great tutor u'd be if your were an academician!

3 Likes

Re: Manual Drivers, Why The Superiority Complex? by bastien: 4:31pm On Nov 13, 2016
Kdamilola:

Wow... Quite fascinating! I don't know how to drive buy with this description of yours, I think I'm getting a lot of things together at a time. What a great tutor u'd be if your were an academician!
thanks boss

1 Like

Re: Manual Drivers, Why The Superiority Complex? by NemzySeries(m): 4:39pm On Nov 13, 2016
okabe:
my dear, automatic gears r 4 dummies, moreover there is no joy in it.

wait till u try a manual gear, i'm sure ur orientation will change
Dummies? u must b used to suffering datz y u see pple living d easy life u get uncomfortable..... so bkos u can't afford 1 makes it bad 4 pple dat drive it abi? 4 ur information oga, I can only buy a manual car wen I dunno wat to do wit money.

1 Like

Re: Manual Drivers, Why The Superiority Complex? by NemzySeries(m): 4:51pm On Nov 13, 2016
Disneylady:

Can you pls name any location that has more manual cars than auto in Nigeria.....coz u guys are feeling like don here now on top stress, why would I prefer manual to auto? Now that all these exotic cars are automatic......De gear ko, Courtois ni undecided
datz aw dey do......once dey cant afford juice to drink d'll begin to tell u abt diabetes
Re: Manual Drivers, Why The Superiority Complex? by okabe(m): 7:34pm On Nov 13, 2016
NemzySeries:

Dummies? u must b used to suffering datz y u see pple living d easy life u get uncomfortable..... so bkos u can't afford 1 makes it bad 4 pple dat drive it abi? 4 ur information oga, I can only buy a manual car wen I dunno wat to do wit money.
good for you, different strokes for different folks
Re: Manual Drivers, Why The Superiority Complex? by Marshalrhino(m): 1:12pm On Nov 14, 2016
Re: Manual Drivers, Why The Superiority Complex? by Marshalrhino(m): 1:13pm On Nov 14, 2016
NemzySeries:

nice! Although i love automatic cars nd moreover dat's d one i drive, I'll still love to learn manual cos of d crazy stunts u can do with it
Re: Manual Drivers, Why The Superiority Complex? by Nobody: 2:20pm On Nov 14, 2016
NemzySeries:

datz aw dey do......once dey cant afford juice to drink d'll begin to tell u abt diabetes

badt mouth
Re: Manual Drivers, Why The Superiority Complex? by snipesdam(m): 2:53pm On Nov 14, 2016
adioolayi:

It happens....a neighbour parked behind you a manual car, dropped the key at home with his wife that couldn't drive...you a auto driver set for work and unfortunately you can't drive manual car grin...that day you will take public transport...grin grin

shocked shocked

Ghen ghen.... It happen to one lady in my office...

Her car was parked @ the back of the off during the weekend, then the drivers parked all other cars manual Transmission about 8 of them behind her. They security men couldn't drive neither manual nor automatic. So they security men brought out all the keys to the vehicles for her to drive out and pick hers embarassed embarassed embarassed.

Guess what happened next.... grin grin grin
Re: Manual Drivers, Why The Superiority Complex? by LEXYCOM: 4:32pm On Nov 14, 2016
Jam those demonic traffic on Lagos-Ibadan Exp Road( on a day RCCG get program, mfm get program and tanker come dey burn for express also) u will appreciate Automatic Drive Car.......

2 Likes

Re: Manual Drivers, Why The Superiority Complex? by dfrost: 11:56am On Nov 15, 2016
adebobconed:

Depends on the type of automatic tranny in the vehicle
For example you can jumpstart a 1987 mercedes benz 230E (Automatic) by putting in in neutral then towstart(push d car) it, then shifting it back to 3 or 2 and returning to neutral after the engine has started to prevent damaging the tranny

That's quite risky what you just described. That said, it is an exception and not the rule. Automatic vehicles can't be jump-started. If there's an exception, no problem.
Re: Manual Drivers, Why The Superiority Complex? by Ablanre: 9:29pm On Nov 24, 2016
I actually drive both types but i took a chic out one time in an automatic, was in d mood for some...... (una'imean) wen i started using my free hand to finger d girl. She came more than twice in d car that day. Best ride ever. Wouldnt have been able to try it with a manual transmission. So i think auto rocks
Re: Manual Drivers, Why The Superiority Complex? by DECOtech(m): 6:19pm On Nov 26, 2016
pocohantas:

If you find urself self in need to drive to a place and the only vehicle available is one with a manual tranny, wld you still call urself a driver at that point in time?
Re: Manual Drivers, Why The Superiority Complex? by Gbengageorge: 12:39pm On Dec 01, 2016
dandollaz:

you are totally wrong.Automatic driver only cant say i can drive because the day you face Manuel you will cause serious holdup because u cant control the gear.it took me one day to drive manual God know it took me 2weeks to master manual as authomatic expert.It help to learn manual because i can move any vehicle now.

This is what I always tell people, learn with manual you will be able to drive any car. Learning how to drive with automatic is like graduating from school and later go back to learn the practical aspect of what you studied. Double work.
Re: Manual Drivers, Why The Superiority Complex? by Gbengageorge: 1:20pm On Dec 01, 2016
streetzdreamz:
it can be stressful when you wanna make a quick by pass/overtaking and your gear selector thinks you are being too mean on the gas pedal, you know what I mean?? or at a hilly road and your cars system still think the third of fourth gear is still okay to take you through, in summary you ain't in control of your ride, the system invariably rides you........ its fun when you have both transmission, I prefer the manual rides for a long journey, while the auto for short inter city movements.

I am not in support of automatic vehicles but have you heard about kickdown in automatic, when you manually change to a lower gear in an auto vehicle.
Re: Manual Drivers, Why The Superiority Complex? by Gbengageorge: 1:25pm On Dec 01, 2016
advanceDNA:

It's not an analogy...the day it happened to me I felt very embarrassed......cos my babe too was like what da heck? U can't drive..I had to start explaining to her that I ddnt learn with a manual transmission....those kinda scenario usually comes up,thank God the person ddnt die...the second scenairo was..my fridge stopped working so I wanted to move it to the engineer's shop.I tried every position but the fridge couldn't fit into my car...my neighbour saw me struggling nd offered help with her car since it a hatchback.....I mounted the fridge at the back of the car successfully only for me to get in and found out the car was a fvcking manual....the first thing she said was....cant u drive....I couldn't respond cos technically, I actually can't drive a the fvcking car given to me...I had to spend 3k to transport the fridge cos she said she can't drive me to the place cos of her little baby....
Re: Manual Drivers, Why The Superiority Complex? by Gbengageorge: 1:37pm On Dec 01, 2016
adebobconed:

Depends on the type of automatic tranny in the vehicle
For example you can jumpstart a 1987 mercedes benz 230E (Automatic) by putting in in neutral then towstart(push d car) it, then shifting it back to 3 or 2 and returning to neutral after the engine has started to prevent damaging the tranny

Thanks for this insight, now I know one can still jump start an automatic
Re: Manual Drivers, Why The Superiority Complex? by streetzdreamz(m): 11:58am On Dec 02, 2016
Gbengageorge:

I am not in support of automatic vehicles but have you heard about kickdown in automatic, when you manually change to a lower gear in an auto vehicle.
I don't understand what you are talking about,"changing the gear lever from drive down to 2 or 1'" is that what you talking about??
Re: Manual Drivers, Why The Superiority Complex? by Blackhawk01: 11:52am On Nov 06, 2017
Pocohantas! I can't access my mail but you could chat me up if you don't mind. Let me know when you get this, please.
Re: Manual Drivers, Why The Superiority Complex? by sholarb(m): 3:47pm On Nov 06, 2017
The day you will be asked to repark a manual car, you willl know you can't... lipsrsealed grin
Re: Manual Drivers, Why The Superiority Complex? by maturemindsonly(m): 5:32pm On Nov 07, 2017
clemz85:
Manual all the way,
Check out American muscle cars - manuals Check out racing cars - manuals
If you wannu send me with automatic let it Be tiptron, I love the sport mode
modern racing cars are semi- automatic bro.. i ll choose manual over an auto tho

1 Like

Re: Manual Drivers, Why The Superiority Complex? by FrancisAdl(m): 11:05pm On Nov 07, 2017
Unsad:
You think it's easy to be using two legs to drive.

I've seen a lot of automatic drivers using 2 legs to drive tho. If they jam manual, them go turn spider be that grin grin

Re: Manual Drivers, Why The Superiority Complex? by clemz85(m): 7:34am On Nov 08, 2017
maturemindsonly:

modern racing cars are semi- automatic bro.. i ll choose manual over an auto tho

Yea I have notice that... watching Ken Block drift, have you seen that guy? If you are a drift ass lover man I recommend you watch his videos (youtube), entertain your day Bro
Re: Manual Drivers, Why The Superiority Complex? by maturemindsonly(m): 12:27pm On Nov 08, 2017
clemz85:

Yea I have notice that... watching Ken Block drift, have you seen that guy? If you are a drift ass lover man I recommend you watch his videos (youtube), entertain your day Bro

Not seen/heard abt him.. I'll def check
Re: Manual Drivers, Why The Superiority Complex? by obekediamondfuto(m): 11:44am On Nov 09, 2017
if braille was created for people wish impaired sight, text messaging was created to solve issues with impaired speech, CARS were created to solve problems for anti-nomads, then automatic cars were created to solve which problem?
Re: Manual Drivers, Why The Superiority Complex? by ZIMDRILL(m): 12:51pm On Nov 09, 2017
streetzdreamz:
I don't understand what you are talking about,"changing the gear lever from drive down to 2 or 1'" is that what you talking about??

in automatics there is a kickdown switch on somes cars, lest say you are travelling at 60miles an hour you want to overtaking very fast you press the accelator right to the follow, the car will change to a lower gear as to revs up and build speed

just like in manual quick overtake you might change your gear from 5 to 4 as increase revs and build up speed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dOR4GQYnAx8
Re: Manual Drivers, Why The Superiority Complex? by ZIMDRILL(m): 12:53pm On Nov 09, 2017
Gbengageorge:

Thanks for this insight, now I know one can still jump start an automatic

you can jump start any car

it think he is causing the wrong word

he means PUSHSTART

there is a difference between jumpstarting and pushstarting
Re: Manual Drivers, Why The Superiority Complex? by obekediamondfuto(m): 1:28pm On Nov 09, 2017
ZIMDRILL:

you can jump start any car

it think he is causing the wrong word

he means PUSHSTART

there is a difference between jumpstarting and pushstarting

my broda, na the lingua for naija be that,

a lot of peeps don't even know the meaning of jump start, talk more of jump cables.

well we won't blame them as well, its not their area of expertise, some peoples area of expertise is to assist provide funds for bet9ja to pay staff salaries

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Most Googled Car Brands In 2018 / Reasons Why Your Car Consume Much Fuel / Are There Cheap Nigerian Used Cars?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.