Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,262 members, 7,846,224 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 12:22 PM

My Friend's First Love - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Friend's First Love (737 Views)

Must Your First Love Be Your True Love ? / She Wanna Marry Without Becoming My Friend First..is Something Wrong?? / To Marry Your First Love (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Friend's First Love by Godmother(f): 9:52am On Nov 02, 2009
My girlfriend is really going through a difficult time. She has been with a guy for over 4 years who she loves very much and from all indications this guy is not serious about her. He has tried giving her the light several times for her to call off the relationship but she keeps hanging on.

On her part I understand her plight cos this guy is her first love and the first man in her life. Several times we have discussed this issue and she told me how he would he would call her unprintable names and not call her sometimes for weeks. She said she knows what to do but is just finding it difficult to move on. This guy doesnt even know where she lives after 4 years in a relationship!

Just last week he gave her another opportunity to call the relationship off and she couldnt.She was crying as she told me and I just didnt know what else to say.She said its like the guy is using jazz on her that's why she cant seem to break free from him even though she wants to.

As a friend I just dont know what else to say to her.
Re: My Friend's First Love by MrLoverMAn(m): 9:55am On Nov 02, 2009
>>
Re: My Friend's First Love by Czarskit(m): 9:55am On Nov 02, 2009
Simply give her my phone number. . .
Re: My Friend's First Love by whitelexi(m): 9:56am On Nov 02, 2009
She's wearing the shoe, and refuses to take it off. I really dont pity her, cos its hard to understand how a girl would even start a relationship with someone who clearly doesnt give a damn about her.
Re: My Friend's First Love by Godmother(f): 10:05am On Nov 02, 2009
whitelexi:

She's wearing the shoe, and refuses to take it off. I really dont pity her, cos its hard to understand how a girl would even start a relationship with someone who clearly doesnt give a damn about her.

Guys please, I know it must seem that way, but this is my childhood friend and I'm really concerned about her. This is her first relationship and its so unfortunatele that the guy has turned out to be a complete wash-out.

MrLoverMAn:

Hey

how are you doing

Im alrit
Re: My Friend's First Love by Nobody: 10:07am On Nov 02, 2009
The quickest way to lose your friend would be to tell her something bad about her BF.
Even if it is true, its better she finds out for herself than you risk losing her friendship.
as you said, you both have talk about this previously, still she hasn't given up leave her,
and she will learn the hard way.
Re: My Friend's First Love by LordReed(m): 12:19pm On Nov 02, 2009
Godmother:

This guy doesnt even know where she lives after 4 years in a relationship!

shocked shocked shocked shocked U Gats to be Kidding!!! shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: My Friend's First Love by iice(f): 12:24pm On Nov 02, 2009
Tell her your mind. Prolly needs someone to drive the point in and solid before she comes to her senses.  I really don't get her side.  So what if it's a first love? Like my sister likes to say, you suppose know when to get lost grin
Re: My Friend's First Love by Godmother(f): 12:36pm On Nov 02, 2009
I tried doing that last night but I could tell she wasnt listening.And why Im not trying to justify her actions this guy is the first guy she ever slept with and I dont know if that explains the strong tie to this guy
Re: My Friend's First Love by iice(f): 12:42pm On Nov 02, 2009
Well try and try again and when you're fed up. Atleast you tried. . .just pray that when her brain begins to work, it doesn't hit her very badly.
Re: My Friend's First Love by heather(f): 12:52pm On Nov 02, 2009
i know it is difficult to brake up with someone u love and been together for yrs, but when it very obvious the guy doesn't want her any more then she should learn how to control her emotion and move on. but i don't get this part how can a man be dating a gal for 4 yrs not months or weeks and he doesn't even know where the galfriend lives then that's pathetic. the gal should av know from the on set that the guy is out to play her. u are her friend and i believe u want the best for her thats y u brought this matter here, but u should try point things ut to her tell the hard way i think thats the only way she'll understand.
Re: My Friend's First Love by zuuby(m): 3:43pm On Nov 02, 2009
Seems the guy is a lot older than her and he's holding all the aces.
It's not easy but sooner or later the heartbreak will come.
It's better she moves on now while there's still time.
Re: My Friend's First Love by Nobody: 3:45pm On Nov 02, 2009
she needs to let go.
Re: My Friend's First Love by CrazyMan(m): 4:02pm On Nov 02, 2009
zuuby:

Seems the guy is a lot older than her and he's holding all the aces.
It's not easy but sooner or later the heartbreak will come.
It's better she moves on now while there's still time.
You've made a lot of sense my dear, I hope she takes your advise co's that's the best option she's got now.
Re: My Friend's First Love by ritaNL: 4:10pm On Nov 02, 2009
How old is your friend ? In her late 20's-30's ? cos ppl in those age bracket alwayz wanna hold on to senseless relationships.
Re: My Friend's First Love by Godmother(f): 4:28pm On Nov 02, 2009
She is in her mid twenties and the guy is ten years her senior
Re: My Friend's First Love by smooooooth: 4:34pm On Nov 02, 2009
as long as she keeps taking his rubbish and forcing herself on her, he will never appreciate her. My advise is to walk away from that relationship, i know it will hurt but its the best thing to do. the guy will know her worth and miss her when she is gone. i bet u, he will try to come back to her, when reality hits him that she is gone, by then i expect her to call him all th eunprintable names he has been calling her and kick his ass for life.

if she can move on dou, pls hook me up. i can help her forget, besides i need a loyal woman like her. tongue
Re: My Friend's First Love by ritaNL: 4:38pm On Nov 02, 2009
Godmother:

She is in her mid twenties and the guy is ten years her senior

Dis one pass me oo. Your friend should leave that man alone !
Re: My Friend's First Love by LordReed(m): 7:03pm On Nov 02, 2009
smooooooth:

as long as she keeps taking his rubbish and forcing herself on her, he will never appreciate her. My advise is to walk away from that relationship, i know it will hurt but its the best thing to do. the guy will know her worth and miss her when she is gone. i bet u, he will try to come back to her, when reality hits him that she is gone, by then i expect her to call him all th eunprintable names he has been calling her and kick his ass for life.

if she can move on dou, pls hook me up. i can help her forget, besides i need a loyal woman like her. tongue

Pulease he has been trying to dump her for ages but she won't let go. He'll neva see any worth in her. She should just let him go n let her heart find another to love. Easier said than done but if she follows through she'll find healing and a much better person to love and who'd love her.
Re: My Friend's First Love by victorazy(m): 8:17pm On Nov 02, 2009
eehh yaa, 4yrs. Is a very hard situation but with time she will get over it and that heart will become HARD ROCK. Just keep telling her stories and referin her to people, how important her life is. Also, keep telling her that "every disapointment is a blessing" thanx VICTOR 4m Abuja.
Re: My Friend's First Love by Godmother(f): 9:23am On Nov 03, 2009
Thanks guys.I'll follow your advices and continue praying for her as well.
Re: My Friend's First Love by kpolli(m): 11:17am On Nov 03, 2009
Am Dr. Know and sorry to tell u, ur friend suffers from what most girls who grew up reading romance novel suffer from, FIRST LOVE SYNDROME, they will never forget them, be treated like trash but will still have sex when called upon, If yes then sorry to tell u it has no cure, though she might leave him but he will still have that effect on her,once he calls her she will come, he bangs her, see things like this everytime, either that or he has an extremely big koko

(1) (Reply)

What Would You Do? / I Don Form Big Boy Tire Oo / fewfwe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.