Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,190 members, 7,822,010 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:17 AM

Why You Need To Make Bonny Island Your Next Travel Location - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Why You Need To Make Bonny Island Your Next Travel Location (81249 Views)

Bodo-Bonny Bridge Completed After 50 Years / Night Life In Bonny Island / Passengers Rescued After Their Boat Capsized In Bonny, Rivers State. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why You Need To Make Bonny Island Your Next Travel Location by Charmarlegne: 7:34pm On Nov 12, 2016
What exactly is exotic about the place? the tank farm
Re: Why You Need To Make Bonny Island Your Next Travel Location by onyiloyi(m): 8:28pm On Nov 12, 2016
dimexy247:
8. Visitors to the Island are issued a temporary visa stating the number of days they’d be spending.
visa ke? O boy u can lie o! I've been to bonny twice without any visa n on LNG boat too
Re: Why You Need To Make Bonny Island Your Next Travel Location by Nobody: 8:30pm On Nov 12, 2016
Op why did you add lies?
Re: Why You Need To Make Bonny Island Your Next Travel Location by darelar(m): 9:35pm On Nov 12, 2016
Is it the same bonny that they said they don't use car there? A friend of mine that's policeman there, said that they don't drive car there and they can't stand on something that will be higher a bit when the king is going out. So for that reason, you must trek.
Re: Why You Need To Make Bonny Island Your Next Travel Location by Geop(m): 10:13pm On Nov 12, 2016
Op.....2 questions
1)Are you talking about Bonny Island in general or you are just talking about NLNG and their R.A.?
2)Have you been there before?.....If yes to this,I doubt you'll come up with this topic.
Re: Why You Need To Make Bonny Island Your Next Travel Location by overseapikin(m): 10:15pm On Nov 12, 2016
Perhaps the OP is referring to RA, but even at that its not a visa but a visitors card. Abeg for clarity NLNG RA is just a residential area for NLNG staff. It's not right to take pictures of it and call it Bonny island
Re: Why You Need To Make Bonny Island Your Next Travel Location by KardinalZik(m): 10:21pm On Nov 12, 2016
tellwisdom:
I don't understand...who is Bonny? sad

Ignorance is actually a deadly disease!
Bonny island is a name of a place and not a person.
Your question, therefore, should have been: where is Bonny?
Re: Why You Need To Make Bonny Island Your Next Travel Location by BossLadyF(f): 10:35pm On Nov 12, 2016
My home town

1 Like

Re: Why You Need To Make Bonny Island Your Next Travel Location by BossLadyF(f): 10:36pm On Nov 12, 2016
overseapikin:
Perhaps the OP is referring to RA, but even at that its not a visa but a visitors card. Abeg for clarity NLNG RA is just a residential area for NLNG staff. It's not right to take pictures of it and call it Bonny island

Exactly.... They didn't even picture the main Bonny.
Re: Why You Need To Make Bonny Island Your Next Travel Location by Akposkool(m): 10:39pm On Nov 12, 2016
bestpunterever:
must you show the world dat ure stupid? undecided
just like your dumb ass parents did by giving birth to you?
Re: Why You Need To Make Bonny Island Your Next Travel Location by bestpunterever: 10:53pm On Nov 12, 2016
Akposkool:
just like your dumb ass parents did by giving birth to you?
no, but I think yah parent did for u and u are emulating dem.
Re: Why You Need To Make Bonny Island Your Next Travel Location by BLAYZEE: 11:01pm On Nov 12, 2016
tellwisdom:
me too I don't know o
Re: Why You Need To Make Bonny Island Your Next Travel Location by kweenmolly: 11:24pm On Nov 12, 2016
U only pictured RA.... Y didn't u show us finima
Re: Why You Need To Make Bonny Island Your Next Travel Location by kweenmolly: 11:25pm On Nov 12, 2016
dimexy247:
2. Bonny Island is also one of the safest places in Nigeria.

There is also a 24/7 air, water and land security surveillance system.
Oga show us finima
Re: Why You Need To Make Bonny Island Your Next Travel Location by Iamthoney(m): 11:53pm On Nov 12, 2016
tellwisdom:
He is Mr Boniface

1 Like

Re: Why You Need To Make Bonny Island Your Next Travel Location by leXHansplaCE(m): 11:54pm On Nov 12, 2016
but finally the place fine sha.. surely ghetto go dey but this is breathtaking.
Re: Why You Need To Make Bonny Island Your Next Travel Location by ceejay4real(m): 2:02am On Nov 13, 2016
Akposkool:
That uninterrupted power supply caught my attention. So this place exists in Rivers State. Well I know those seven states that generates less to the government than this island are Northern and Western States. Poor ass states enjoying Niger Delta money.

All the 19 Northern States generate less revenue than NLNG and the other facilities on Bonny Island. You can quote anywhere, I swear!

Useless PARASITES!
Re: Why You Need To Make Bonny Island Your Next Travel Location by obrien29(m): 5:31am On Nov 13, 2016
Please does anyone know if business can thrive there? Like make-up, barbing, weaving, sale of weavons and beauty shop. Can this business thrive in Bonny?
Re: Why You Need To Make Bonny Island Your Next Travel Location by OkoAnike(m): 6:05am On Nov 13, 2016
Op, why are u talking like some one who has never been to the island... U keep showing people a life plant, which on any ground, no body can go into the gate of IA except u are working there, the so call community is worst than my village, full of cult boys that kill them self daily in the name of cult (Bonny & Finima boys).
Hence, it's only electricity that is true from all ur write up, please don't mislead people, always paint the true picture... That where l had been working and living for over some years now... Enjoy.
Re: Why You Need To Make Bonny Island Your Next Travel Location by OkoAnike(m): 6:11am On Nov 13, 2016
kweenmolly:

Oga show us finima

My brother, the Op just dey talk wetin no dey exist... hisss.

Which security dey Finima & Bonny, it's just for people in RA, finish... God help us wit people after traffic on their thread instead of giving the right information.

1 Like

Re: Why You Need To Make Bonny Island Your Next Travel Location by OkoAnike(m): 6:16am On Nov 13, 2016
evegran:
Op why did you add lies?
The young man has never been to the island... Not his fault
Re: Why You Need To Make Bonny Island Your Next Travel Location by OkoAnike(m): 6:19am On Nov 13, 2016
Charmarlegne:
What exactly is exotic about the place? the tank farm

God bless you my brother, it's not every body that have the badge to IA that can enter the plant... So
Re: Why You Need To Make Bonny Island Your Next Travel Location by OkoAnike(m): 6:22am On Nov 13, 2016
basilo102:
see the shanties where the indigenes live. all the exotic placts you posted are inhabited by foreigners and Naija Top shots. the people still languish in penury

Thanks bro, poverty is order of the day here, except for their king and chiefs
Re: Why You Need To Make Bonny Island Your Next Travel Location by OkoAnike(m): 6:32am On Nov 13, 2016
Bgorgeous:
My dear it's there with rich cultural heritage too. Great history keepers

Cultism na their cultural heritage... Or are not talking about wantam... God help us
Re: Why You Need To Make Bonny Island Your Next Travel Location by OkoAnike(m): 6:35am On Nov 13, 2016
Viking007:
Bros, fear Bonny girls oo. cheesy I'm talking from experience. lipsrsealed

I second that talk bros... Bonny girls no be here.

1 Like

Re: Why You Need To Make Bonny Island Your Next Travel Location by OkoAnike(m): 6:54am On Nov 13, 2016
okowande:
Bonny is really a pkace to visit. Very serene!

Op, have u been there... Huuummm, am not sure
Re: Why You Need To Make Bonny Island Your Next Travel Location by rosalieene(f): 8:29am On Nov 13, 2016
NeChErEnO1:
mak i hear sy e fyn reach abakpa nike enugu
Abakpa Nike!! a very razz area in Enugu!!.
Re: Why You Need To Make Bonny Island Your Next Travel Location by TheProfe: 8:49am On Nov 13, 2016
dimexy247:
6. The residential area is very organised and residents enjoy the best public health care system and public schools.

From what you posted, you are referring to NLNG Industrial Area (IA) as well as it's Residential Area (RA).
Asides from the Shell facility as well as Mobil facility, the rest of Bonny and Finima are really not special.

In addition, you only get a temporary visitor's pass with touch of Yellow from NLNG's HRP unit and not Visa.
Re: Why You Need To Make Bonny Island Your Next Travel Location by dantori(m): 12:06pm On Nov 13, 2016
2dugged:
This is how oil producing communities is supposed to be ,but it's the opposite

because their immediate leaders steal money to buy mansions abroad eg Ibori, DSP, PEJ etc
Re: Why You Need To Make Bonny Island Your Next Travel Location by nametalkam: 1:14pm On Nov 13, 2016
I am confused.
Are you suppose to live in the gas plant and the offices?

You talk of how beautiful it is and you show gas plant and that beach?

Where are the homes, the roads, the park, the wild life, the beach activities, the cameras for surveillance, the residents and display of their wealth or whatever makes them unique.... when you say it can compete with any exotic island or place, what exactly did you show to prove your point? The GAS plant for #1&2 pic.
Re: Why You Need To Make Bonny Island Your Next Travel Location by Preciousseed(m): 1:15pm On Nov 13, 2016
NeChErEnO1:
mak i hear sy e fyn reach abakpa nike enugu
hahahah..... you mean United States of Abakpa(USA) , Enugu such as Ugboye, Sunday Sunday, first and second bus stop, st Theresa, Texaco, Liberty, echetaram echetaram....... Abakpa. The densely populated place in Enugu rocks!

1 Like

Re: Why You Need To Make Bonny Island Your Next Travel Location by NeChErEnO1(m): 1:18pm On Nov 13, 2016
Preciousseed:

hahahah..... you mean United States of Abakpa(USA) , Enugu such as Ugboye, Sunday Sunday, first and second bus stop, st Theresa, Texaco, Liberty, echetaram echetaram....... Abakpa. The densely populated place in Enugu rocks!
uche gi di ya nwanne

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

The Fish Statue At Abraham Adesanya Roundabout Lagos, Removed (Video) / Homeless Nigerian Man In USA, Walks The Street Aimlessly (Photos) / Otedola Bridge, Lagos Tanker Explosion: 'Pictures Cannot Explain What I Saw'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.