Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,226 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:54 AM

Glo Internet Has Become Very Useless.... - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Glo Internet Has Become Very Useless.... (3290 Views)

Ahmed Indimi: Glo Is The Most Useless Network In Nigeria / Why Is So Glo Internet Speed Running Slow? / Is Glo Internet Services Super Fast Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Glo Internet Has Become Very Useless.... by blackfase(m): 5:35pm On Nov 13, 2016
Just this wkend, we read in the news one of their outlets was shut due to rent issues. We have also been inundated with complaints over time about the very pathetic internet services rendered by Glo. Well im presently on the receiving end and i feel like wailing. Though it works on mobile, it has flatly refused to do so on modem. And im more pained and frustrated cos iv been fortunate to enjoy some power supply past couple days which would've served me well dealing with a backlog of stuff that needs attention but Glo keeps stalling my effort. I think Glo is heading south...someone should tell them its not about dishing out huge data,or to what end will that be for if its unusable?

2 Likes

Re: Glo Internet Has Become Very Useless.... by Abdstrakt(m): 6:54pm On Nov 13, 2016
Lol...I don't know where you live at but it has always been useless.

7 Likes

Re: Glo Internet Has Become Very Useless.... by peterjero(m): 7:32pm On Nov 13, 2016
It has always been useless, use mtn expensive atleast e dey connect.

2 Likes

Re: Glo Internet Has Become Very Useless.... by chudyprince: 7:48pm On Nov 13, 2016
Mine is rocking perfectly

3 Likes

Re: Glo Internet Has Become Very Useless.... by hurpeyeahme(f): 7:57pm On Nov 13, 2016
I wonder if their staffs use dis same network....or they just not bothered about the CRAPPY network.

Like some1 said it has been useless,I concur. they use d cheap data to pull traffic now they can't handle d tons of subscribers.

1 Like

Re: Glo Internet Has Become Very Useless.... by Freelancerx: 8:43pm On Nov 13, 2016
Glo is just about the quantity. They don't have great quality

5 Likes

Re: Glo Internet Has Become Very Useless.... by thespokenword: 8:56pm On Nov 13, 2016
Glo rocks at my area- Barnawa GTG, Kaduna, add to the extra 2k it offers to call all network on recharge of 1k.....I love it.However, if it doesn't serve you well at your area, why waste time wailing over it. Go get another that would do a better job.... After all no particular service provider does a perfect job in the country over 247....

7 Likes

Re: Glo Internet Has Become Very Useless.... by blackfase(m): 9:32pm On Nov 13, 2016
Freelancerx:
Glo is just about the quantity. They don't have great quality
Re: Glo Internet Has Become Very Useless.... by Lastanza: 9:51pm On Nov 13, 2016
Glo is very pathetic. Just one cheap article that needs to be avoided. Network tripping off every now and then.

Imagine a 4G network that can not stream. And their 3G service only located at d main towns. A little walk outa d main town of any place, it will change to a very pathetic 2G service

1 Like

Re: Glo Internet Has Become Very Useless.... by Martartins(m): 10:30am On Nov 14, 2016
glo that am using to stream movie in lagos na him una dey curse.....................change your location

1 Like

Re: Glo Internet Has Become Very Useless.... by Baroba(m): 10:38am On Nov 14, 2016
And they are busy wasting money on CNN adverts.. smdh
Re: Glo Internet Has Become Very Useless.... by blackfase(m): 2:01pm On Nov 14, 2016
Baroba:
And they are busy wasting money on CNN adverts.. smdh
Re: Glo Internet Has Become Very Useless.... by Nobody: 2:12pm On Nov 14, 2016
Op, this is not news na. It has always been so for majority of people. I know it is good in some locations but useless in most locations. No be by force to use glo, use another network. For me and in my location, the fastest is MTN (their 3g is great and their 4g even better) followed by Airtel, then etisalat. Glo is the worst.

1 Like

Re: Glo Internet Has Become Very Useless.... by yinkeys(m): 2:28pm On Nov 14, 2016
blackfase:
Just this wkend, we read in the news one of their outlets was shut due to rent issues. We have also been inundated with complaints over time about the very pathetic internet services rendered by Glo. Well im presently on the receiving end and i feel like wailing. Though it works on mobile, it has flatly refused to do so on modem. And im more pained and frustrated cos iv been fortunate to enjoy some power supply past couple days which would've served me well dealing with a backlog of stuff that needs attention but Glo keeps stalling my effort. I think Glo is heading south...someone should tell them its not about dishing out huge data,or to what end will that be for if its unusable?
Try using hotspot
Re: Glo Internet Has Become Very Useless.... by ifyeez: 2:52pm On Nov 14, 2016
GLO HAS ALWAYS BEEN USELESS, I SUBSCRIBE FOR THE 4G LTE PACKAGE TILL NOW I HAVEN'T SEEN THE SERVICE, THE 3G IS MORE LIKE 1G VERY USELESS NETWORK. LOCATION LAGOS FESTAC.

1 Like

Re: Glo Internet Has Become Very Useless.... by donhils: 3:02pm On Nov 14, 2016
thespokenword:
Glo rocks at my area- Barnawa GTG, Kaduna, add to the extra 2k it offers to call all network on recharge of 1k.....I love it.However, if it doesn't serve you well at your area, why waste time wailing over it. Go get another that would do a better job.... After all no particular service provider does a perfect job in the country over 247....
Now just because it works for you doesn't mean you should come here and spew trash trying to defend them. Glo is very bad. Let's all say it the way it is.
Re: Glo Internet Has Become Very Useless.... by Nobody: 3:10pm On Nov 14, 2016
donhils:

Now just because it works for you doesn't mean you should come here and spew trash trying to defend them. Glo is very bad. Let's all say it the way it is.

U just nailed it. Yes glo works well for some people in certain locations but for majority it is rubbish compared to other networks. The only reason some people still subscribe to glo is because of their cheap plans.
Re: Glo Internet Has Become Very Useless.... by Friedyokes: 4:42pm On Nov 14, 2016
Glo is0 good depending on where u stay ....where I was staying Glo was absolute hell I means 2.2 kbs....I am pretty sure it was downloading backwards grin....but where am staying now I get up to 1.4mbs which is relatively better ...glo doesn't have a good coverage ....so if you are lucky nd u stay in one of the good zones ....its the best ....I mean 1k for 3.2 gb.... But since there are other choices no qualms ...use what floats your boat

1 Like

Re: Glo Internet Has Become Very Useless.... by Youngpo413: 4:46pm On Nov 14, 2016
Then go for etisalat na, they have fast internet and cheap data plans, no be by force to go Dubai.
Re: Glo Internet Has Become Very Useless.... by iliyande(m): 5:50pm On Nov 14, 2016
Lastanza:
Glo is very pathetic. Just one cheap article that needs to be avoided. Network tripping off every now and then.

Imagine a 4G network that can not stream. And their 3G service only located at d main towns. A little walk outa d main town of any place, it will change to a very pathetic 2G service

@bolded is not true sir

I am currently using both mtn4G and Glo 4G and can categorically tell you that glo 4g is better than mtn in my area.
It stream without buffering but mtn buffer alot
Re: Glo Internet Has Become Very Useless.... by enigmagu1(m): 6:04pm On Nov 14, 2016
GLO GOOD IN MY LOCATION... I POSTED THIS USING GLO...
Re: Glo Internet Has Become Very Useless.... by Jeffchuks: 6:32pm On Nov 14, 2016
Glo network is good at my location. Truth be told, they should work on their data service cos majority determines wether a network is good or not which they have given their verdict rating them low.
Re: Glo Internet Has Become Very Useless.... by Lastanza: 7:31pm On Nov 14, 2016
iliyande:

@bolded is not true sir

I am currently using both mtn4G and Glo 4G and can categorically tell you that glo 4g is better than mtn in my area.
It stream without buffering but mtn buffer alot

Get this Mr, granted Glo service cannot be totally bad throughout the country but wen 8 out of ten people are complaining about a particular thing, what does that tell you? Bad for business.
Glo could be negligibly good in ur area but on a wide range it's a mess. As I said earlier 8 out of ten pipl will ten you dat Glo network is poo.

Now regarding 4G network, it's my personal belief that no network in Nigeria offers a real 4G network going by the meaning of 4G as obtainable by its definition if you do ur research about 4G. What they offer us is a strong 3G or 3.75G HSUPA.

When ever my phone gives me a 4G signal on other networks, I can stream seamlessly but sometimes wen I manage to see a 4G signal with Glo network I would not be able to stream videos. That's how bad their network is.

1 Like

Re: Glo Internet Has Become Very Useless.... by PMONEY6: 8:55pm On Nov 14, 2016
glo is the most useless network in the entire planet!

I rather use MTN 50MB than glo ridiculous 3GB.
Nonsense.

2 Likes

Re: Glo Internet Has Become Very Useless.... by Mileslamar1(m): 9:18pm On Nov 14, 2016
Na wa o
Re: Glo Internet Has Become Very Useless.... by dustmalik: 9:29pm On Nov 14, 2016
Lastanza:

Get this Mr, granted Glo service cannot be totally bad throughout the country but wen 8 out of ten people are complaining about a particular thing, what does that tell you? Bad for business.
Glo could be negligibly good in ur area but on a wide range it's a mess. As I said earlier 8 out of ten pipl will ten you dat Glo network is poo.

Now regarding 4G network, it's my personal belief that no network in Nigeria offers a real 4G network going by the meaning of 4G as obtainable by its definition if you do ur research about 4G. What they offer us is a strong 3G or 3.75G HSUPA.

When ever my phone gives me a 4G signal on other networks, I can stream seamlessly but sometimes wen I manage to see a 4G signal with Glo network I would not be able to stream videos. That's how bad their network is.
On what device are you using Glo 4G?
Re: Glo Internet Has Become Very Useless.... by nickvanilla(m): 9:52pm On Nov 14, 2016
Friedyokes:
Glo is0 good depending on where u stay ....where I was staying Glo was absolute hell I means 2.2 kbs....I am pretty sure it was downloading backwards grin....but where am staying now I get up to 1.4mbs which is relatively better ...glo doesn't have a good coverage ....so if you are lucky nd u stay in one of the good zones ....its the best ....I mean 1k for 3.2 gb.... But since there are other choices no qualms ...use what floats your boat

Gbam! Enough said.
The only network that is good for browsing in my area is glo.
Currently rocking their 1k 3gig plan.
May God bless glo grin

1 Like

Re: Glo Internet Has Become Very Useless.... by uniquerotex: 10:12pm On Nov 14, 2016
Its really so annoying..sometimes i have to stay outside within my compound to enjoy the data services. Its so quack.
Re: Glo Internet Has Become Very Useless.... by Lastanza: 7:52am On Nov 15, 2016
dustmalik:

On what device are you using Glo 4G?

Samsung Galaxy S4
Re: Glo Internet Has Become Very Useless.... by dustmalik: 10:08am On Nov 15, 2016
Lastanza:

Samsung Galaxy S4
Ok. What variant of s4 is that?
Re: Glo Internet Has Become Very Useless.... by Debroslink: 11:25am On Nov 15, 2016
This is what I get on Glo 3G network when downloading... 1.1MB/s on 3G network

Glo network is very good. No doubt.

Re: Glo Internet Has Become Very Useless.... by Lastanza: 12:42pm On Nov 15, 2016
dustmalik:

Ok. What variant of s4 is that?
My man, the problem is no where phone related. Just admit it, on the average Glo have a poor network coverage

(1) (2) (Reply)

Wow!! Google Releases Crazy New App Named "Google Go" / Whatsapp Images – Where You Can Find Thousands Of These Images? / I Need Blackberry Z10 Communication Board/panel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.