Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,896 members, 7,814,029 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:01 AM

Help!!! My Girlfriend Is Very Dull And Uninteresting... - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Help!!! My Girlfriend Is Very Dull And Uninteresting... (36459 Views)

The Very Best Way To Enjoy Sex Doll Is By Not Making It Dull And Stereotype / Man's Girlfriend Is Cheating On Him With His Dry Cleaner / My Girlfriend Is A Sex Addict (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help!!! My Girlfriend Is Very Dull And Uninteresting... by niqqaclaimz(m): 10:02am On Nov 14, 2016
All i gat for u bro.. is dat. Uve heard of been said dat someone can change yhur personality.. Xo do same.. She's urs. U can change ha. Sit wit ha and read blogs like u do. To kip ha update.. jst try to upgrade everything ur self
Re: Help!!! My Girlfriend Is Very Dull And Uninteresting... by FaroukM(m): 10:06am On Nov 14, 2016
What made u interested in giving ur Love to her in the first instance..?..all you need is to mould her to your taste. Mind you relationship is for two imperfect people to make themselves perfect for each other..so do the needful.
Re: Help!!! My Girlfriend Is Very Dull And Uninteresting... by Mariojane(f): 10:08am On Nov 14, 2016
how can you allow your friends to nickname your girlfriend 'mumu'? if you can allow them call her names then i don't know how her getting married to you will be secured. anyone of your family and friends can just harass her in your house and get away with it cos you gave them the liberty. i wonder what you are still doing with her for close to a year.

3 Likes

Re: Help!!! My Girlfriend Is Very Dull And Uninteresting... by phlamesG: 10:09am On Nov 14, 2016
favexx:
nne eh..let him explain y his friends are comfortable calling her "mumu" in his presence. Its obvious he has stripped her of every pride in the presence of his friends
When they call her "mumu" they say it jokingly
And I've cautioned them a few times too
Re: Help!!! My Girlfriend Is Very Dull And Uninteresting... by FrankSean: 10:09am On Nov 14, 2016
if u love these much teach her bro, she can learn I believe she is teachable?
Re: Help!!! My Girlfriend Is Very Dull And Uninteresting... by WomanOfRace(f): 10:14am On Nov 14, 2016
phlamesG:
I'm a young man in his early twenties. I've been going out with this particular girl for close to a year now.
I can tell that she loves me, and don't get me wrong I love her too, I mean she's very beautiful and well endowed in the right places, she's also a good cook and good in bed. But my worry is that she's too obtuse and uninteresting. Whenever we're having a conversation or discussion she doesn't make meaningful contributions to the topic, sometimes her contributions are not well thought out and when she says them it makes her sound dumb. My friends have even given her a nickname 'mumu'. Whenever they want to ask of her, they be like "Charlie® that your mumu girlfriend dey"?
I am kinda afraid to introduce her to my parents so she won't embarrass me. My parents are very particular about the kind of girl I bring home, and trust my dad he's going to bombard her with a barrage of questions. She's also not interested in global happenings around the world or within the country or even recent developments. What really sparked my ire was the just concluded USA elections. I remember calling her and teasing her as to who will win the elections, trump/Clinton, but I was dismayed by her response " who is trump?" cry I was totally dumbfounded, how can someone who isn't an illiterate not have an inkling about 'trump'. I'm not saying i know all about the elections, I wasn't even interested in the USA elections because I already knew it was all mere propaganda, but nevertheless I kept up to speed.
Her further response killed my vibe "what concern me with trump? Is he going to give me a role as a telemundo actress?"(she's obsessed with telemundo btw,which brings me to my next point)
She so much loves telemundo and zee world, the only concise narration she can give is the breakdown of an episode of zee world. It's breaks my heart because I love her and want to marry her in the nearest future, and I don't want our kids to turn out to be morons.
Conversations with her are so boring, she basically adds nothing to the topic of discussion. Our time together is mostly spent on long silences

I need only positive responses please...

lol....and you think those your busy body, foul mouthed friend girlfriends are half good of your babe? most of them may secretly be wishing for someone like her. You don't love her like you think you do and nearly don't deserve her; for how could you allow them and encourage them calling your babe mumu?
Again, for them to say such means you are the one who washed her linen outside by discussing her weakness with them. She is 95% out of hundred and that is good.

It takes love and a best friend to bring out the best in others. Stop talking and start working on it; and pls don't listen to those friend of yours.

1 Like

Re: Help!!! My Girlfriend Is Very Dull And Uninteresting... by jaywhoco(m): 10:15am On Nov 14, 2016
Joe171:
Majority of these ladies don't know stuffs,
they don't read or listen to news, they don't know what's happening around them.
Let's thank God that some of them use the internet, we hope they shall get informed from there. the truth is that ladies are too complacent with that simple lifestyle they live. that doesn't mean they aren't intelligent but they just don't get informed. take for example; you will hardly find a lady who knows about cars, or who can tell you specifications of phones.
I bet you 98% of ladies don't know the capacity of their phone's battery.
Bear with them and let's continue to help them intellectually.
stuff not stuffs

1 Like

Re: Help!!! My Girlfriend Is Very Dull And Uninteresting... by sekem: 10:17am On Nov 14, 2016
joyibee:
Like seriously I dey vex, I can't even say who I'm angry with. U, ur girlfriend or ur friends?
LADIES plus lets try to dey update and upgrade urselves .. Jeez.... Life is more than boobs and bum. Life pass pancake and lipstick .... READ!, LISTEN TO INTELLIGENT CONVERSATIONS, ur time online shouldn't just be for chatting and keeping up with the Kardashians! Pls let try to know even if it is little of things going on around.. And be willing to learn.. No one knows everything but having idea of some things won't hurt.
And u OP, if u can take time to teach and arouse her interest in some things u want her to learn, fine. Stop giving ur friends the advantage of insulting her.
And as for ur friends, it takes a mumu to know a mumu!... And there's a saying show me your friends.......

You were making so much sense until you said it takes a mumu to know a mumu.

Seriously? undecided

1 Like

Re: Help!!! My Girlfriend Is Very Dull And Uninteresting... by justmenoni: 10:19am On Nov 14, 2016
You're very right, but is it even about intelligence or about Interest, what about some men who are not interested in politics or sports or even OTHER supposed manly interest....does this make them uninteresting...what if the man is more interested in cooking or arts does it make him boring...Op weigh your options properly though cos what you've there is a good woman(from good, required and recommended criteria's) and moreover why have you discussed her with your friends to the extent of them referring to her as a MUMU...what if you eventually get married to her, will you go back telling them to stop calling her a MUMU...You are in your early twenties doesn't mean you shouldn't affect your level of maturity.

FortuneTeller:
Will she make a good wife? Will she make a good mother? Is she peaceful and kind? Is she thoughtful and loving? Does she get along well with others? Intelligence is good, but it does not guarantee happiness and calm in a home.

3 Likes

Re: Help!!! My Girlfriend Is Very Dull And Uninteresting... by Katier00(f): 10:19am On Nov 14, 2016
IamLEGEND1:
[b] Trust me,you aren't alone in your struggle.
Air-headedness & docility is the norm when it comes to naija babes,anything else is the exception to the rule.
I gotta admit,I really envy your tenacity & willpower. if I dated a girl like yours,I would have shot my myself (twice,preferably) in the head a long time ago.

I obtained some random girl's number a while ago and we got to talking. I absentmindedly asked her opinion on the Arab spring and she kept saying 'Eh?',pretending not to have heard what I said.......I decided to spell it out for her in plain terms and the best reply she could muster was 'They should just negotiate with the terrorists na'.

I nearly screamed into the phone but ultimately kept my cool. I told that ìdiot to lose my number,PRONTO.
A brother needs a girl who can have blood flowing in the two most important directions- Towards his brain & towards His dìck.

Unto you I say,brotherly: dump this intellectual liability and find yourself someone who can stimulate you sexüally and intellectually. [/b]
my brother what is your opinion on Arab spring
Re: Help!!! My Girlfriend Is Very Dull And Uninteresting... by Teespice(f): 10:22am On Nov 14, 2016
omo this one is beyond me.

Sleekyshuga and jaybee3 what are your inputs?

but for your friends to disrespect her in that manner could only mean that there are certain disrespectful things you must have said about her to your friends.

but on a more serious note, the earlier we as women realise that it is not always about beauty and other mundane things that can keep a man but what is up there, then the better.

it is well.
Re: Help!!! My Girlfriend Is Very Dull And Uninteresting... by Teespice(f): 10:26am On Nov 14, 2016

but for your friends to disrespect her in that manner could only mean that there are certain disrespectful things you must have said about her to your friends.

but on a more serious note, the earlier we as women realise that it is not always about beauty and other mundane things that can keep a man but what is up there, then the better.

it is well.

1 Like

Re: Help!!! My Girlfriend Is Very Dull And Uninteresting... by shurley22(f): 10:26am On Nov 14, 2016
Op, if you really love her then I think the best thing to do is try help her become conversant with a few necessary stuffs. You say she's only ever up to date with telemundo and zee world happenings.
Then try create a balance between your world and hers. A lot of persons have suggested introducing her Nairaland and I think that's gonna go a long way in helping.
You could always try to engage her in discussions on topics from Nairaland and if she still seems lost refer her back but do all this in Love and with love, only then will she be moved to improve.

1 Like

Re: Help!!! My Girlfriend Is Very Dull And Uninteresting... by Elle277(f): 10:29am On Nov 14, 2016
You have opinion when you have something to say, and trust me your opinion is based on life experience and how exposed you are, The question is, How exposed is ur girl? what have you impacted in her? where has she been to?:who are her friends? ,what kind of home is she from?You can as well help her achieve these points.. ok, it is not late yet, stop complaining and make her who you want her to be cos right now you're among her problem cos u ain't doing enough for her.
Re: Help!!! My Girlfriend Is Very Dull And Uninteresting... by Nobody: 10:31am On Nov 14, 2016
Ucheosefoh:
Your first question the answer is yes, your second question the answer is yes too as for the rest Bae take your time, this time slowly read what I wrote again, if you find it difficult to understand read it again and again till you understand, come back and quote me. On the part of you not dating somebody who will frustrate you, requires you have to help and challenge yourself too and not being comfortable in your dumb state, no teacher will forever teach a student if he refuses to learn, same thing is applicable in relationship as for your notice such act is frustrating to the guy too, at the end either he dump her or he demote her in order to continue enjoying the little benefits she offers. The way we present ourselves the same way people treat us and no man respect, cherish and will remain loyal to a dumb woman, that's a fact.
I understood what you wrote the first time. My point is why stay with someone for that long a period of time when you feel that they are uninspiring? That's what I seek clarification on it's something that I cannot relate to.
Re: Help!!! My Girlfriend Is Very Dull And Uninteresting... by jaybee3(m): 10:32am On Nov 14, 2016
Teespice:

it is well.

Nothing wrong with being apolitical now, right?

He has attested to her having supreme qualities that some other men will find attractive.

How on earth did he even manage to engage her before she agreed to date him?

It looks like dude is just looking for an excuse to dump her since common interests aren't always aligned even though it helps but certainly not the most important thing in relationship.

2 Likes

Re: Help!!! My Girlfriend Is Very Dull And Uninteresting... by Rank50: 10:35am On Nov 14, 2016
Dude you've hit the jackpot!
Do not try to change her
This is not about u at all
Jx pretend to luv Telemundo as well & jx listen to her blap up&down abt it patiently.
She ll go super crazy abt u
Re: Help!!! My Girlfriend Is Very Dull And Uninteresting... by chris2face(m): 10:41am On Nov 14, 2016
Luckygurl:
I think the ball is now in your court, to transform her into someone you'd like her to be.

Get her books as gifts, coerce her into channelling those time spent watching telemundo and zee world to some other educative channel, engage her in intellectual discussion. Do not give up even if her replies ain't encouraging. Let her know why you're doing such and also how you expect her to flow along.
Do all these in love and don't go about insulting her cos that will make her detest you. Those your so called friends should be mindful if what they say too.

Whichever way, it's a gradual process and if she actually loves you the way you claim, she'll make an attempt to step up her games.
Best advice so far op this is for u
Nice one luckygirl
Re: Help!!! My Girlfriend Is Very Dull And Uninteresting... by Udofire(m): 10:41am On Nov 14, 2016
asuo27:
Dude asked his girlfriend about what's going on in Arab, indonesia and US then expects her to keep up with the trend like everyone reason alike.

Op, so your friends call your girlfriend Mumu and you're happy telling us?.

Sister!!! Take it easy.
Re: Help!!! My Girlfriend Is Very Dull And Uninteresting... by supereagle(m): 10:42am On Nov 14, 2016
Mine is worse than yours.

1 Like

Re: Help!!! My Girlfriend Is Very Dull And Uninteresting... by Kassidy90(m): 10:46am On Nov 14, 2016
phlamesG:
I'm a young man in his early twenties. I've been going out with this particular girl for close to a year now.
I can tell that she loves me, and don't get me wrong I love her too, I mean she's very beautiful and well endowed in the right places, she's also a good cook and good in bed. But my worry is that she's too obtuse and uninteresting. Whenever we're having a conversation or discussion she doesn't make meaningful contributions to the topic, sometimes her contributions are not well thought out and when she says them it makes her sound dumb. My friends have even given her a nickname 'mumu'. Whenever they want to ask of her, they be like "Charlie® that your mumu girlfriend dey"?
I am kinda afraid to introduce her to my parents so she won't embarrass me. My parents are very particular about the kind of girl I bring home, and trust my dad he's going to bombard her with a barrage of questions. She's also not interested in global happenings around the world or within the country or even recent developments. What really sparked my ire was the just concluded USA elections. I remember calling her and teasing her as to who will win the elections, trump/Clinton, but I was dismayed by her response " who is trump?" cry I was totally dumbfounded, how can someone who isn't an illiterate not have an inkling about 'trump'. I'm not saying i know all about the elections, I wasn't even interested in the USA elections because I already knew it was all mere propaganda, but nevertheless I kept up to speed.
Her further response killed my vibe "what concern me with trump? Is he going to give me a role as a telemundo actress?"(she's obsessed with telemundo btw,which brings me to my next point)
She so much loves telemundo and zee world, the only concise narration she can give is the breakdown of an episode of zee world. It's breaks my heart because I love her and want to marry her in the nearest future, and I don't want our kids to turn out to be morons.
Conversations with her are so boring, she basically adds nothing to the topic of discussion. Our time together is mostly spent on long silences

Wow! This is interesting...my bro this is d time to prove that u actually love the girl, one thing I know is that there is no perfect lady or guy anywhere in the universe and instead of looking for a perfect partner we should try make ourself as perfect as we can then Walk into someone s life and make their life as perfect as we can..so if u truly love her as u claim then u can make to be what u want. Since she can read n write every other is minor
Re: Help!!! My Girlfriend Is Very Dull And Uninteresting... by Gabrielwilliams(m): 10:48am On Nov 14, 2016
KissChrix:
How well do you know your girlfriend?
what lies behind the white picket fence
Re: Help!!! My Girlfriend Is Very Dull And Uninteresting... by Ucheosefoh(m): 10:51am On Nov 14, 2016
Raine80:

I understood what you wrote the first time. My point is why stay with someone for that long a period of time when you feel that they are uninspiring? That's what I seek clarification on it's something that I cannot relate to.
By then I will try to upgrade which takes time, at the end I leave. Now I don't stay a day with them I'm off. Another reason was that then I was a player so I do double and triple date, as I have girlfriends who complement each others on their shortcomings
Re: Help!!! My Girlfriend Is Very Dull And Uninteresting... by tobe4real(m): 10:54am On Nov 14, 2016
Bro don't mind the ones talking about changing her,don't even bother to try because it will be a wild goose chase,I have noticed that people addicted to all those Indian soaps and Nigerian mr ibu and mr okon kind of films are usually very dumb with a low IQ.like someone here said....she is only useful in the other room

5 Likes

Re: Help!!! My Girlfriend Is Very Dull And Uninteresting... by andreawills96(f): 10:56am On Nov 14, 2016
phlamesG:

I need to see you pics first
. Send urs to my mail lol
Re: Help!!! My Girlfriend Is Very Dull And Uninteresting... by mofeoluwadassah: 10:58am On Nov 14, 2016
Y do u av 2 bring ur privacy on nairaland?it simply means u dont love her nd u already av some1 else,cos if u do love her,u wont bring her on nairaland 2 b discussed, u would rather use ur initiative 2 get along wit her.
Re: Help!!! My Girlfriend Is Very Dull And Uninteresting... by Nobody: 10:58am On Nov 14, 2016
IamLEGEND1:
[b] Trust me,you aren't alone in your struggle.
Air-headedness & docility is the norm when it comes to naija babes,anything else is the exception to the rule.
I gotta admit,I really envy your tenacity & willpower. if I dated a girl like yours,I would have shot my myself (twice,preferably) in the head a long time ago.

I obtained some random girl's number a while ago and we got to talking. I absentmindedly asked her opinion on the Arab spring and she kept saying 'Eh?',pretending not to have heard what I said.......I decided to spell it out for her in plain terms and the best reply she could muster was 'They should just negotiate with the terrorists na'.

I nearly screamed into the phone but ultimately kept my cool. I told that ìdiot to lose my number,PRONTO.
A brother needs a girl who can have blood flowing in the two most important directions- Towards his brain & towards His dìck.

Unto you I say,brotherly: dump this intellectual liability and find yourself someone who can stimulate you sexüally and intellectually. [/b]
Bro, you even went too far by asking about the Arab Spring, my girlfriend, a wonderful woman does not know the name of the Nigerian Vice president, can you imagine that?!?! I'm talking about a 2:1 graduate. Its crazy, and disheartening. She's so socially and politically unaware, this makes her very boring to be with. She hardly ever initiates a convoy or say anything insightful. Very frustrating

3 Likes

Re: Help!!! My Girlfriend Is Very Dull And Uninteresting... by Paulblessing1(m): 11:00am On Nov 14, 2016
amross16:
Life is too short, get what you want. You can have a beautiful, intelligent, knowledgeable woman if you want. Don't settle, find someone you can respect and admire. No one is perfect, but can you really deal with her imperfections? You should not be ashamed to take your girlfriend to meet anyone. Being a wife is more than sex and cooking--a wife has to be interesting and captivating outside the kitchen and bedroom. Good luck to both of you.
This is the most valuable comment. GBAM!!!
Re: Help!!! My Girlfriend Is Very Dull And Uninteresting... by benELOHIM7(m): 11:01am On Nov 14, 2016
Your gf can never be duller than the ex-firstlady

3 Likes

Re: Help!!! My Girlfriend Is Very Dull And Uninteresting... by sben2308(m): 11:06am On Nov 14, 2016
phlamesG:

It's shocking u could say dis abt ur girlfriend n still say u luv her. Dear bro u d dimwit cuz u refuse to invest in ur relationship but stupid enough to allow it frnds look down on her.
She might b dull n uninteresting as u said but I bet she is smarter Dan u. In relationship we've meant to compliment each other weakness n strength not speak down on each other n try to make d other party look like a fool.

I tell u dis today invest in her before its too late otherwise u latter discover u v been d dimwit all d y

2 Likes

Re: Help!!! My Girlfriend Is Very Dull And Uninteresting... by samsard(m): 11:09am On Nov 14, 2016
asuo27:
Dude asked his girlfriend about what's going on in Arab, indonesia and US then expects her to keep up with the trend like everyone reason alike.

Op, so your friends call your girlfriend Mumu and you're happy telling us?.
Believe me, No sane man wants an unintelligent Woman in this 21st century. Unintelligent women are like someone said, an "intellectual liability". Especially those ones whose world revolves only around telemundo and romance novels.

2 Likes

Re: Help!!! My Girlfriend Is Very Dull And Uninteresting... by skillmyman(m): 11:11am On Nov 14, 2016
Actually, u can hire someone else to talk intelligently when your friends are around since u sincerely love this babe.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

32 Real Men - 16 Beautiful Ladies - 6 Hours. The Wooing Challenge ~ENDED~ / How Much Importance Do You Attach To Looks In Choosing A Wife/husband? / You Know She's From The Ghetto When...?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.