Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,609 members, 7,820,168 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:49 AM

Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils - Car Talk (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils (95799 Views)

..... The Importance Of Mobil1 Engine Oil / Can Mobil1 Annual Protection Motor Oil Truly Give 20,000Miles/1Yr Of Protection? / Mobil1 5W 30 Fully Synthetic Oil Problems. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (36) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by weyreypey: 1:00pm On Jan 01, 2019
[quote author=sooperrescue post=74349764][/quote]
Unfortunately as explicit as your thread has been. The near perfect absence of any Liqui Molly oil review is a major setback. Kindly correct it sir. And urgently too!!

1 Like

Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by FordMania: 2:54pm On Jan 01, 2019
[quote author=sooperrescue post=74343366]

If an auto dealer will tell you something like that, then we are in for a loonnng thing. Using 5w20 synthetic blend has always been the best thing anyone who wants his car to last will do. I will advise that you import the oils by yourself to help you make your investment to last. But I dont understand why you will use Total Q9000 that is even not suitable for Peugeot 508 on your engines. If it cannot work for a Peugeot, will it work on a Ford? I have UNIMARK 5w20 synthetic blend API SN, gasoline engines only oil but it is not sold publicly. I can get you three cartons that will last over 2 years and they are in 5 quart gallons. I believe that when a manufacturer specifies oil for only gasoline engines, we should stay away from oils for petrol and diesel engines. Sorry about the expenses incurred. [ I haven't heard of Unimark before... Is it a good brand?]
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by FordMania: 2:58pm On Jan 01, 2019
Haven't heard of Unimark before. Is it a good brand? Are you certain this is the best I can do for my engines? Forgive my paranoia. I'm just trying to ensure the expense on these engines is worthwhile.
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by FordMania: 3:24pm On Jan 01, 2019
And what is confusing is that even though it is 5w30, this oil also has the starburst API SN RESOURCE CONSERVING, ILSAC GF-5. It meets Ford WSS-M2C946-A.
My manual recommends 5w20 meeting Ford WSS-M2C930-A!
The questions arise:
1. Isn't 946 backward compatible with 930?
2. If it isn't, kindly install an Australian App called Penrite Oil (With the reasoning that Australian weather is somewhat similar to ours), select 2010 Ford F150 FX4 5.4 3V 4WD; The funny thing is that they recommend the 5w30 (Ford M2C946 spec) first then the 5w20 as an alternative.

IT IS ALL TOO CONFUSING!!! HELP!!!

Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by sooperrescue(m): 11:41pm On Jan 01, 2019
weyreypey:

Unfortunately as explicit as your thread has been. The near perfect absence of any Liqui Molly oil review is a major setback. Kindly correct it sir. And urgently too!!

Bros, I will suggest that you create the thread on Liqui Moly and then invite me to give an opinion. Like I stated earlier, this thread is for our local oils sold openly and we wanted to know why we are running to these foreign brands when we have synthetic oils produced for the local market. Until I even started this thread, I did not even know that these oils were suitable for Nothing SN. But Oando has changed from 5w40 to 5w30 while Total has added API SN 5w30 which was not there before the beginning of the thread. Seahorse will soon roll out its synthetic oils and it is going to change the market. Many oil dealers are still producing obsolete oils but when they realise that there is no buyer, they will take it back the way Oando withdrew all their oils XL, SM, and SL and turned everything to SL. But we still need to do more because the 5w30 usage practically ended for majority of the vehicles of 2009 models and 10 years down the line, no local oil company is thinking of meeting up to the standard of the current 0w20, which from all that I have seen is the top notch all weather engine oil. There are cars that also require 0w16 and we don't know what to do about fulfilling the oil requirements of the car. Why buy a car and let the system destroy it for you. When Seahorse enters the market, who will bother about Castrol or Liqui Moly? When the products from Seahorse arrives at my office, we will talk about it and then we will be relieved that we have eliminated one of the major factors destroying our vehicles and then move to the next phase to eradicate substandard mechanics, spare parts and room and parlour car dealers. It is for our good. Imagine the guy that bought brand new FORD vehicles and the engines knocked using the wrong oils. If he had access to good oils, he will never buy Q9000, except to use for his generator.
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by sooperrescue(m): 11:53pm On Jan 01, 2019
[quote author=FordMania post=74354161]And what is confusing is that even though it is 5w30, this oil also has the starburst API SN RESOURCE CONSERVING, ILSAC GF-5. It meets Ford WSS-M2C946-A.
My manual recommends 5w20 meeting Ford WSS-M2C930-A!
The questions arise:
1. Isn't 946 backward compatible with 930?
2. If it isn't, kindly install an Australian App called Penrite Oil (With the reasoning that Australian weather is somewhat similar to ours), select 2010 Ford F150 FX4 5.4 3V 4WD; The funny thing is that they recommend the 5w30 (Ford M2C946 spec) first then the 5w20 as an alternative.

IT IS ALL TOO CONFUSING!!! HELP

Using 5W30 oil for your vehicle will not blow out the engine. However, your vehicle will not run as efficiently as it should and you may experience a loss of fuel economy.

Your vehicle runs best at 5W20 and this is the type of oil that is recommended by the manufacturer; I will advise you to use the type of oil that the manufacturer recommends. The 5w30 cannot be backward compatible to 5w20 as the 5w20 is newer than the 5w30. So the 5w20 is backward compatible to the 5w30. Unimark engine oil is a product of Syngard oil and one of the best oils made for Vehicles produced for the North American car market. Like I stated earlier, it is not available for sale to the public but I can squeeze 3 cartons out for you which can last 2 years of six months oil change interval.
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by weyreypey: 12:50am On Jan 02, 2019
are u recommending seahorse synthetics?

sooperrescue:

Bros, I will suggest that you create the thread on Liqui Moly and then invite me to give an opinion. Like I stated earlier, this thread is for our local oils sold openly and we wanted to know why we are running to these foreign brands when we have synthetic oils produced for the local market. Until I even started this thread, I did not even know that these oils were suitable for Nothing SN. But Oando has changed from 5w40 to 5w30 while Total has added API SN 5w30 which was not there before the beginning of the thread. Seahorse will soon roll out its synthetic oils and it is going to change the market. Many oil dealers are still producing obsolete oils but when they realise that there is no buyer, they will take it back the way Oando withdrew all their oils XL, SM, and SL and turned everything to SL. But we still need to do more because the 5w30 usage practically ended for majority of the vehicles of 2009 models and 10 years down the line, no local oil company is thinking of meeting up to the standard of the current 0w20, which from all that I have seen is the top notch all weather engine oil. There are cars that also require 0w16 and we don't know what to do about fulfilling the oil requirements of the car. Why buy a car and let the system destroy it for you. When Seahorse enters the market, who will bother about Castrol or Liqui Moly? When the products from Seahorse arrives at my office, we will talk about it and then we will be relieved that we have eliminated one of the major factors destroying our vehicles and then move to the next phase to eradicate substandard mechanics, spare parts and room and parlour car dealers. It is for our good. Imagine the guy that bought brand new FORD vehicles and the engines knocked using the wrong oils. If he had access to good oils, he will never buy Q9000, except to use for his generator.
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by sooperrescue(m): 1:19am On Jan 02, 2019
weyreypey:
are u recommending seahorse synthetics?

I have not seen the oil but if it was produced according to my little inputs, then I will give a pass mark to the oil. The factory is there. It's not a blending factory, it is a production facility where the oil is analyzed in their laboratory with competent workers . They have the interest of the motoring public at heart. The oil will change the way we do things and grant respite to our sufferings. Let's wait for the oil before we comment.
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by weyreypey: 1:48am On Jan 02, 2019
sooperrescue:

I have not seen the oil but if it was produced according to my little inputs, then I will give a pass mark to the oil. The factory is there. It's not a blending factory, it is a production facility where the oil is analyzed in their laboratory with competent workers . They have the interest of the motoring public at heart. The oil will change the way we do things and grant respite to our sufferings. Let's wait for the oil before we comment.
Why are you hyping what (product) you have not seen?

1 Like

Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by sooperrescue(m): 7:30am On Jan 02, 2019
weyreypey:

Why are you hyping what (product) you have not seen?
If it was produced according to my little inputs...... I am not hyping the oil but I made you understand that I will comment when the oil comes to me but with the massive investment into the project, it will surely take over the oil market.
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by FordMania: 7:30pm On Jan 02, 2019
Really appreciate the gesture. All I wanted to know is that the 5w30 is not bad for OR CAUSE ANY HARM to my engines. I had since purchased 4 cartons of the Motorcraft 5w30 with a dozen oil filters from Coscharis. As long as there will be no damage, I don't mind a slight loss of fuel efficiency. Hope the Unimark products will stil be available by the time I exhaust my present stock. BTW, did you try the PENRITE APP?
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by nurey(m): 8:06pm On Jan 02, 2019
FordMania:
Really appreciate the gesture. All I wanted to know is that the 5w30 is not bad for OR CAUSE ANY HARM to my engines. I had since purchased 4 cartons of the Motorcraft 5w30 with a dozen oil filters from Coscharis. As long as there will be no damage, I don't mind a slight loss of fuel efficiency. Hope the Unimark products will stil be available by the time I exhaust my present stock. BTW, did you try the PENRITE APP?

if those in Australia used the same oil as you did and never had any problems then the issue is from you not the oil.

Your change interval or filter used could have caused you engine damage
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by Ikenna351(m): 10:09pm On Jan 02, 2019
sooperrescue:

Nooo. it still has its better side. A V6 engine with 12 plugs of that era will gladly welcome that oil. I worked with Q9000 for 3 years full time and it was a delight to the engines then but its era is over as regards newer engines as old as 2009. But does Total really have engine oils for newer cars? I don't think so. The 5w30 is mainly imported to meet the needs of Peugeot owners and if you have the gasoline engines only warning for your car, then it is not advisable to use an oil that is suitable for petrol and diesel engine oil. I am still studying the effect of using such engine oils on newer 4 cylinder engines that requires 0w20.

sooperrescue:

Your claim on Total Quartz 9000 is very wrong. Just because the Ford guy claimed the oil wrecked his Ford engines doesn't make the oil a bad one. First, the oil grade wasn't recommended for his engines, as he admitted, which can wreck an engine overtime. 2nd, what makes you think it was the Engine oil that wrecked his engines? Did you asked about the state of the Engine cooling systems of those vehicles, if they were still factory? Was he racing the Engine when cold? You really want to tell me only Engine oils wreck engines? Or just because he said so, he must be right, even if he was not aware of other factors that could contribute to the rapid death of both Engines? Or you really believe customer is always right even when he may not have a clue or knowledge on the subject?

As old as you might think Total Quartz 9000 5w-40 & 0w-30 are, there are over 60% of Lions on Nigerian roads these two oil grades are designed for: The TU, XU, EW & ES Engines (excluding Total Quartz 9000 0w-30 for XU, early TU series and EW12J4). Lions that posses these Engines are 206, 207, 306, 307, 406, 407, 607, 807, etc. To claim these 2 oil grades are no longer needed in Nigeria when these listed lions above that are scattered all over Nigerian roads, especially the northern parts of the country, is not being objective.

One of my Lions, D9 V6, is 19 years old and has been running on Total Quartz 9000 5w-40 from new (according to the log book) and continued in my 6 years ownership. The Engine basically performs like new at his age and with over 200,000 km mileage. I do Engine oil change maximum of 10 months and minimum of 8 months with the same oil you appear to condemn, yet I have never top up oil before oil change. I wonder where you guys get all these theories about engine oils recommended for PSA Engines!

For your information, the available Total 5w-30 Engine oil in Nigeria ( Total Quartz Ineo MC3 5w-30) is not and was never produced or recommended for PSA (Peugeot) engines (VTi, THP or EP6 engines). The recommended or 5w-30 Engine oil grade specifically produced by Total for PSA Engines is Total Quartz Ineo ECS 5w-30. The MC3 5w-30 is recommended for Non-PSA Engines. Total Quartz Ineo First 0w-30 is also specifically produced for PSA VTi, THP or PureTech engines by Total. So, anyone that chooses to use the available MC3 5w-30 in lions is on his own. Meaning, if the oil works for your lion, good for you; if it wrecks your lion Engine, good for you.

The new Total Quartz Ineo ECS 5w-30 can also be used in place of the old Total Quartz 9000 5w-40 & 9000 0w-30 on the TU, EW & ES PSA Engines (excluding earlier TU Engines and EW12J4). But it doesn't make Quartz 9000 a bad oil on those Engines either.

Anyone that buys Total oils in open market in Nigeria and complain later it wrecked his Engine is not serious.

Ikenna351, Lion King - Monk.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by sooperrescue(m): 11:50pm On Jan 02, 2019
Ikenna351:

Your claim on Total Quartz 9000 is very wrong. Just because the Ford guy claimed the oil wrecked his Ford engines doesn't make the oil a bad one. First, the oil grade wasn't recommended for his engines, as he admitted, which can wreck an engine overtime. 2nd, what makes you think it was the Engine oil that wrecked his engines? Did you asked about the state of the Engine cooling systems of those vehicles, if they were still factory? Was he racing the Engine when cold? You really want to tell me only Engine oils wreck engines? Or just because he said so, he must be right, even if he was not aware of other factors that could contribute to the rapid death of both Engines? Or you really believe customer is always right even when he may not have a clue or knowledge on the subject?

As old as you might think Total Quartz 9000 5w-40 & 0w-30 are, there are over 60% of Lions on Nigerian roads these two oil grades are designed for: The TU, XU, EW & ES Engines (excluding Total Quartz 9000 0w-30 for XU, early TU series and EW12J4). Lions that posses these Engines are 206, 207, 306, 307, 406, 407, 607, 807, etc. To claim these 2 oil grades are no longer needed in Nigeria when these listed lions above that are scattered all over Nigerian roads, especially the northern parts of the country, is not being objective.

One of my Lions, D9 V6, is 19 years old and has been running on Total Quartz 9000 5w-40 from new (according to the log book) and continued in my 6 years ownership. The Engine basically performs like new at his age and with over 200,000 km mileage. I do Engine oil change maximum of 10 months and minimum of 8 months with the same oil you appear to condemn, yet I have never top up oil before oil change. I wonder where you guys get all these theories about engine oils recommended for PSA Engines!

For your information, the available Total 5w-30 Engine oil in Nigeria ( Total Quartz Ineo MC3 5w-30) is not and was never produced or recommended for PSA (Peugeot) engines (VTi, THP or EP6 engines). The recommended or 5w-30 Engine oil grade specifically produced by Total for PSA Engines is Total Quartz Ineo ECS 5w-30. The MC3 5w-30 is recommended for Non-PSA Engines. Total Quartz Ineo First 0w-30 is also specifically produced for PSA VTi, THP or PureTech engines by Total. So, anyone that chooses to use the available MC3 5w-30 in lions is on his own. Meaning, if the oil works for your lion, good for you; if it wrecks your lion Engine, good for you.

The new Total Quartz Ineo ECS 5w-30 can also be used in place of the old Total Quartz 9000 5w-40 & 9000 0w-30 on the TU, EW & ES PSA Engines (excluding earlier TU Engines and EW12J4). But it doesn't make Quartz 9000 a bad oil on those Engines either.

Anyone that buys Total oils in open market in Nigeria and complain later it wrecked his Engine is not serious.

Ikenna351, Lion King - Monk.

The Lion King, happy new year to you. We are saying the same thing. I asked if Total has oils for newer engines and you just confirmed that it doesn't have. I worked with Q9000 for 3 years back to back and I stated that it was good but like I earlier stated, Q9000 is not suitable for newer Peugeot cars. The 3008 uses Total activa and it is not available. The ineos that they just introduced has the approval for the new engines from the 508 and that oil is backward compatible with the older cars. I have always been telling people to buy the oil from Total outlets and it seems to be a bad advice if you say that they should not buy from the open market unless you mean those specialists that have ulterior motives. As for the complaint from the Ford owner, he bought them brand new and a car like that will use the dealership for 3 years and so a service pattern must have been established. And these same cars that are imported used with 250k miles into the country last longer and they are still almost brand new. After 8 years of using Q9000, the engine knocked, my range sports knocked from using Oando 5w40 after 1 year of usage. The block cracked. It had nothing to do with cooling systems. He said he has learnt his lesson and bought another engine from them and not from ladipo. You should give your own opinion whether 5w30 is OK instead of 5w20 that is recommended for the car. That's what I am expecting from you. Total atf is what I can recommend to everyone but the ineos, is for the Lions especially the 2011 upwards whose beards have gone blue black from using Q7000 and Q9000.
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by Zingun: 11:35am On Feb 21, 2019
sooperrescue:

The Lion King, happy new year to you. We are saying the same thing. I asked if Total has oils for newer engines and you just confirmed that it doesn't have. I worked with Q9000 for 3 years back to back and I stated that it was good but like I earlier stated, Q9000 is not suitable for newer Peugeot cars. The 3008 uses Total activa and it is not available. The ineos that they just introduced has the approval for the new engines from the 508 and that oil is backward compatible with the older cars. I have always been telling people to buy the oil from Total outlets and it seems to be a bad advice if you say that they should not buy from the open market unless you mean those specialists that have ulterior motives. As for the complaint from the Ford owner, he bought them brand new and a car like that will use the dealership for 3 years and so a service pattern must have been established. And these same cars that are imported used with 250k miles into the country last longer and they are still almost brand new. After 8 years of using Q9000, the engine knocked, my range sports knocked from using Oando 5w40 after 1 year of usage. The block cracked. It had nothing to do with cooling systems. He said he has learnt his lesson and bought another engine from them and not from ladipo. You should give your own opinion whether 5w30 is OK instead of 5w20 that is recommended for the car. That's what I am expecting from you. Total atf is what I can recommend to everyone but the ineos, is for the Lions especially the 2011 upwards whose beards have gone blue black from using Q7000 and Q9000.

Please i have 2004/2005 BMW 325xi E46, which engine oil is advisable to be used in servicing the car? it has about 97k Miles on it.
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by sooperrescue(m): 7:08pm On Feb 21, 2019
Zingun:

Please i have 2004/2005 BMW 325xi E46, which engine oil is advisable to be used in servicing the car? it has about 97k Miles on it.
Castrol 5w30 petrol engine oil
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by Zingun: 9:59am On Mar 01, 2019
sooperrescue:

Castrol 5w30 petrol engine oil

I have tried the castrol being sold in nigeria here by eterna Oil and it seems not to be a good choice on the car at all. Is there anywhere i can get the Original castrol 5w30? or Can i use the Total quartz ineo mc3 5w30?
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by lerry009ri: 2:16pm On May 25, 2019
Have you try this Castrol Magnetec. Synthetic oil is the best and you can get original oil from Eterna filling station.

Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by sooperrescue(m): 7:45pm On May 25, 2019
Sorry about being off duty for some time now. I always use Castrol Edge 5w30 either extended performance or just edge in black gallon. The one sold by Eterna oil has some cars that it is suitable for but not BMW. I recently serviced a 2014 X5 and I had to look for the oil. Newer BMW uses ll14 and no longer the long life 04 that is common with Oando and their likes. I will suggest that you use Motul engine oil.
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by CityNGR: 7:52pm On May 25, 2019
Zingun:

I have tried the castrol being sold in nigeria here by eterna Oil and it seems not to be a good choice on the car at all. Is there anywhere i can get the Original castrol 5w30? or Can i use the Total quartz ineo mc3 5w30?
Sooperrescue

1 Like

Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by CityNGR: 8:00pm On May 25, 2019
Ayoagbajesamuel:
Pls help me, oil keeps drying from my 1999 Honda shuttle, no smoke and there is no leakage, but i use Oando oil 4 the service
Sooperrescue
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by CityNGR: 8:02pm On May 25, 2019
My question @ sooperrescue
What's your view about this oil?

Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by sooperrescue(m): 8:12pm On May 25, 2019
CityNGR:
My question @ sooperrescue
What's your view about this oil?
It dries up

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by AshipaEk0: 8:52am On May 26, 2019
Sooperrescue

I'm looking for CASTROL full Synthetic 10w30 oil

Preferably the imported one, and not the Nigerian blend

Any pointers please
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by sooperrescue(m): 11:38am On May 26, 2019
AshipaEk0:
Sooperrescue

I'm looking for CASTROL full Synthetic 10w30 oil

Preferably the imported one, and not the Nigerian blend

Any pointers please

Will give you feedback tomorrow
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by efeblin(m): 7:24pm On May 28, 2019
Please can anyone connect me with a distributor for oando lubricant in Lagos and also where to get conoil, techno oil and forte oil lubricant distributorship
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by AshipaEk0: 11:22am On May 29, 2019
sooperrescue:

Will give you feedback tomorrow

Oga sooperrescue you don forget me oo
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by sooperrescue(m): 7:15am On May 30, 2019
AshipaEk0:

Oga sooperrescue you don forget me oo
Lai lai. I will get back to you today. It's the seller that is delaying. Or, send me a an SMS to this number and I will send you the guy number both in Lagos and Abuja 08098534267
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by Amaaf(m): 9:58pm On Jul 01, 2019
Please which oil is best for Toyota Avalon 2004, just came in from the US and has 171000 mileage on it?
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by NoContract(m): 7:58am On Aug 18, 2019
efeblin:
Please can anyone connect me with a distributor for oando lubricant in Lagos and also where to get conoil, techno oil and forte oil lubricant distributorship

Same thing I'm looking for here. Did you find any help?
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by Olapumpin: 10:42am On Aug 18, 2019
Good morng car experts,
Pls I have read thru all the posts here on required engine oil for cars...and I must say I have just been confused!.....My car is a 2005 Toyota Camry Big daddy,bought last year from the US with 125,00 miles on it I started servicing using Mobil 1,5w-30 American specs... But I noticed that the oil gets short after 3months.So I changed to Total 5w-40 and it doesn't get short......Now I have read here that Total 5w-40 is not appropriate....Kindly advise on what oil I should use for my Car plsssssss........Toyota Camry 2005.Mileage is now at 135,000 miles..plssssss advise
Cc: Sooperescue

1 Like

Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by dollarnaira: 11:56am On Aug 18, 2019
Olapumpin:
Good morng car experts,
Pls I have read thru all the posts here on required engine oil for cars...and I must say I have just been confused!.....My car is a 2005 Toyota Camry Big daddy,bought last year from the US with 125,00 miles on it I started servicing using Mobil 1,5w-30 American specs... But I noticed that the oil gets short after 3months.So I changed to Total 5w-40 and it doesn't get short......Now I have read here that Total 5w-40 is not appropriate....Kindly advise on what oil I should use for my Car plsssssss........Toyota Camry 2005.Mileage is now at 135,000 miles..plssssss advise
Cc: Sooperescue
See bros i may not b an expert in dis field but am very sure of this 100%.Some here are just ready to advertise oil,hence 5w 30 is popular.

We are in hot climate so 5w 40 is nice.
Check my comments on dis tru d thread.
Google d tin u go see say ans go show.

Take not of this while u read through d link below:

"However, the downside is that due to the thickness, the lighter 5W-30 will provide better fuel economy. Both can be used in all temperatures but the 5W30 performs better during cold temperatures and the 5W-40 works better in warm temperatures"
https://procarreviews.com/5w30-vs-5w40/

See ur car manuals here
https://www.toyota.com/owners/resources/owners-manuals/camry/2005

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (36) (Reply)

The Best Of IVM Motors (Innoson Motors) / I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car / David Baka Designs Logo For Innoson Vehicles, Nigerians React

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.