Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,865 members, 7,813,952 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:33 PM

South To Unite, Yorubas To Vote Massively For Igbo President In 2019 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / South To Unite, Yorubas To Vote Massively For Igbo President In 2019 (4097 Views)

'Igbos Will Vote Massively For President Buhari In 2019' - Orji Uzor Kalu / Police Deploy More Officers To South-East, S’south; To Stop Kanu From Fleeing / NAF Deploys Additional Aircrafts To South-South To Help Flush Out Militants(Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

South To Unite, Yorubas To Vote Massively For Igbo President In 2019 by Leopard2A7: 10:40am On Nov 14, 2016
When it comes to politics, you will not hear, I am Hausa, I am Fulani, I am Kanuri bla bla bla, they all go as one man. The Christians in southern Kaduna surprisingly voted for Buhari who is a Fulani in 2015 despite all the wickedness meted on these people by the fulanis.

When you come to the south, You hear people shouting I am Igbo, I am Yoruba, I am Ijebu, We SS, We Niger Delta, while the north keeps laughing at us.

There is a thread trending now where SE and northern politicians are planning some kind of alignment.

The Igbos should not align with northerners, if nothing, you can see what they are doing to the Yorubas under Tinubu.

How long will we allow the north continue to play the south like football?

The north thrives on the constant rivalry and hate in the south to always have their way.

Just check it, all they need at one time is one region in the south, after they get what they want and you try to rub shoulders with them like Tinubu was trying to do, they just dump you and move to the other region in the south.

Let us drop this mentality of being too smart or sophisticated in the south. The northerners can do without any particular region in the south once they stay as one bloc.

My suggestion is that the south should field an Igbo presidential candidate in 2019. The north will bring Buhari as usual and queue up behind him. This will lead to a stalemate as neither of the candidates can win except something gives.

How this will be resolved will determine the future and finally resolve the Nigerian question.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: South To Unite, Yorubas To Vote Massively For Igbo President In 2019 by Punstar: 10:44am On Nov 14, 2016
I hope for a united Southern Nigeria because hopefully, that's the only solution to the problems of this nation.

Its only then we can talk about regionalism, constitution amendment, Federal character, Resource control and all other cogent issues.

But is this possible with the superiority air around the Yorubas and the constant need for Igbos to prove a point.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: South To Unite, Yorubas To Vote Massively For Igbo President In 2019 by obyrich(m): 10:48am On Nov 14, 2016
This will not go down well with the Yorubas. grin. I support Igbo's political alignment with the north. It will serve our interest better for now.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: South To Unite, Yorubas To Vote Massively For Igbo President In 2019 by Danzakidakura(m): 10:50am On Nov 14, 2016
@ op you are a pathological liar ,southern Kaduna Christians never voted for Dullard named buhari,we all northern Christians voted for Jonathan only for inec to council our votes in southern Kaduna.

15 Likes

Re: South To Unite, Yorubas To Vote Massively For Igbo President In 2019 by limeta(f): 10:59am On Nov 14, 2016
Just when you think you seen it all.
Igbo,s must be on good thing and the yoruba are hell bent on spoiling it.
SW best remain with the north
SE/SS makes a better south.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: South To Unite, Yorubas To Vote Massively For Igbo President In 2019 by Elkay3: 11:13am On Nov 14, 2016
The youths can make a huge difference, it's about enlightenment, forget these issues of religion n tribe (though it's hard).
Re: South To Unite, Yorubas To Vote Massively For Igbo President In 2019 by richidinho(m): 11:14am On Nov 14, 2016
cheesy
Re: South To Unite, Yorubas To Vote Massively For Igbo President In 2019 by jaymichael(m): 11:22am On Nov 14, 2016
Southern alliance has happened before and it worked. The whole south allied and voted for GEJ. How he singled out the SW for insult and abuse is what I can never figure out. While a particular group was the "backbone" of his administration, the SW and their leaders are "motor park touts"

23 Likes 5 Shares

Re: South To Unite, Yorubas To Vote Massively For Igbo President In 2019 by omoelesa(m): 11:39am On Nov 14, 2016
An Iboman becoming president in this country is like a camel that wants to pass through the eyes of a needle.Is biafraaud they want.

4 Likes

Re: South To Unite, Yorubas To Vote Massively For Igbo President In 2019 by OMAR12: 11:46am On Nov 14, 2016
I can only support southern unity, if it was aimed toward forming a new country, let me just use the name the democratic republic of the people of southern nigeria. till a better name has been picked, with part of the middle belt included, kwara, part of kogi that has ties with Igbo and Yoruba as well as Benue. aside that, it a no no.

5 Likes

Re: South To Unite, Yorubas To Vote Massively For Igbo President In 2019 by OMAR12: 11:48am On Nov 14, 2016
omoelesa:
An Iboman becoming president in this country is like a camel that wants to pass through the eyes of a needle.Is biafraaud they want.
just as yo living in this fraud called Nigeria bah??

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: South To Unite, Yorubas To Vote Massively For Igbo President In 2019 by Olabestonic001(m): 11:48am On Nov 14, 2016
Leopard2A7:
When it comes to politics you have to give it to the north. No matter how smart we claim to be in the south, the northerners have shown to be smarter in politics.

When it comes to politics, you will not hear, I am Hausa, I am Fulani, I am Kanuri bla bla bla, they all go as one man. The Christians in southern Kaduna surprisingly voted for Buhari who is a Fulani in 2015 despite all the wickedness meted on these people by the fulanis.

When you come to the south, You hear people shouting I am Igbo, I am Yoruba, I am Ijebu, We SS, We Niger Delta, while the north keepds laughing at us.

There is a thread trending now where SE and northern politicians are planning some kind of alignment.

The Igbos should not align with northerners, if nothing, you can see what they are doing to the Yorubas under Tinubu.

My suggestion is that the south should field an Igbo presidential candidate in 2019. The north will bring Buhari as usual and queue up behind him. This will lead to a stalemate as neither of the candidates can win except something gives.

How this will be resolved will determine the future and finally resolve the Nigerian question.

We need Peter Obi or his type.
That way, we can get the whole South, NC and Christian minorities to expunge the gory of this Hausa hegemony and install True Federalism/ Resources Control.

8 Likes

Re: South To Unite, Yorubas To Vote Massively For Igbo President In 2019 by Leopard2A7: 11:50am On Nov 14, 2016
jaymichael:
Southern alliance has happened before and it worked. The whole south allied and voted for GEJ. How he singled out the SW for insult and abuse is what I can never figure out. While a particular group was the "backbone" of his administration, the SW and their leaders are "motor park touts"

You don't get the point here.

It worked because he was able to win parts of the north.

Nobody can win just by wining in the north or south alone.

Don't you get it?

this will lead to a stalemate and the resolution will determine the way forward for Nigeria.

Simple.

3 Likes

Re: South To Unite, Yorubas To Vote Massively For Igbo President In 2019 by Leopard2A7: 11:51am On Nov 14, 2016
limeta:
Just when you think you seen it all.
Igbo,s must be on good thing and the yoruba are hell bent on spoiling it.
SW best remain with the north
SE/SS makes a better south.

This type of thinking is why the north remains king.

Go figure.

1 Like

Re: South To Unite, Yorubas To Vote Massively For Igbo President In 2019 by Leopard2A7: 11:53am On Nov 14, 2016
lalasticlala
Re: South To Unite, Yorubas To Vote Massively For Igbo President In 2019 by OJUcrook: 11:53am On Nov 14, 2016
Leopard2A7:
what happened to your agitation for biafra?

4 Likes

Re: South To Unite, Yorubas To Vote Massively For Igbo President In 2019 by Nobody: 11:56am On Nov 14, 2016
jaymichael:
Can we now say both the North and South have used and dumbed your sorry Afonja ass?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: South To Unite, Yorubas To Vote Massively For Igbo President In 2019 by FFKfuckedBIANCA: 12:00pm On Nov 14, 2016
What is this nonsense about Southern unity that I have been reading/hearing recently. Political alliance between all the tribes in southern Nigeria is a pipe dream, it would NEVER work !!. The farther apart we are, the better for us as a country. As a Yoruba I'll suggest Nigeria be restructured to a confederation of autonomous regions that can determine their own political fate without any recourse to a phantom southern unity. Better still, the complete balkanisation of this country would suffice.

10 Likes

Re: South To Unite, Yorubas To Vote Massively For Igbo President In 2019 by Leopard2A7: 12:04pm On Nov 14, 2016
OJUcrook:
what happened to your agitation for biafra?

Show me where I agitated for Biafra.
Re: South To Unite, Yorubas To Vote Massively For Igbo President In 2019 by Leopard2A7: 12:09pm On Nov 14, 2016
FFKfuckedBIANCA:
What is this nonsense about Southern unity that I have been reading/hearing recently. Political alliance between all the tribes in southern Nigeria is a pipe dream, it would NEVER work !!. The farther apart we are, the better for us as a country. As a Yoruba I'll suggest Nigeria be restructured to a confederation of autonomous regions that would determine their own political fate without any recourse to a phantom southern unity. Better still, the complete balkanisation of this country woul suffice.

To restructure Nigeria you would need to amend the constitution and the north will not allow that.

The next option would be to get what you want by force, are you ready?

4 Likes

Re: South To Unite, Yorubas To Vote Massively For Igbo President In 2019 by Nobody: 12:10pm On Nov 14, 2016
R
Re: South To Unite, Yorubas To Vote Massively For Igbo President In 2019 by Bodexman(m): 12:17pm On Nov 14, 2016
jaymichael:

May God bless your memory. Some short brained people forgot that it takes the Will of God and Obj coupled with the same Tinubu that they so much hate and some states in south west that made Jonathan won the election.

There's has never been anyone who occupied aso rock who was humiliated than Jonathan before he was made the acting president if not for the timely intervention of Obj.

This ipob spill hatred whenever osinbajo is being mentioned yet they forgot that their Messiah (Jonathan) suffered severed humiliation from ordinary Turai or where were they (igbos) when yorubas were protesting in Lagos that they should make Jonathan the acting president?

Yorubas understand politics more than u guys

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: South To Unite, Yorubas To Vote Massively For Igbo President In 2019 by FFKfuckedBIANCA: 12:20pm On Nov 14, 2016
Leopard2A7:

To restructure Nigeria you would need to amend the constitution and the north will not allow that.

The next option would be to get what you want by force, are you ready?
I am a Yoruba and I do not subscribe to violence but whatever it takes to balkanise this country is welcomed by me.

4 Likes

Re: South To Unite, Yorubas To Vote Massively For Igbo President In 2019 by loopmangoat(m): 12:21pm On Nov 14, 2016
Is that so
Re: South To Unite, Yorubas To Vote Massively For Igbo President In 2019 by stsinner: 12:22pm On Nov 14, 2016
“The man who has no sense of history, is like a man who has no ears or eyes”--Hitler

1 Like

Re: South To Unite, Yorubas To Vote Massively For Igbo President In 2019 by Leopard2A7: 12:22pm On Nov 14, 2016
Bodexman:

May God bless your memory. Some short brained people forgot that it takes the Will of God and Obj coupled with the same Tinubu that they so much hate and some states in south west that made Jonathan won the election.

There's has never been anyone who occupied aso rock who was humiliated than Jonathan before he was made the acting president if not for the timely intervention of Obj.

This ipob spill hatred whenever osinbajo is being mentioned yet they forgot that their Messiah (Jonathan) suffered severed humiliation from ordinary Turai or where were they (igbos) when yorubas were protesting in Lagos that they should make Jonathan the acting president?

Yorubas understand politics more than u guys

Jonathan won the elections because he got massive support from the SE, SS, SW and MB, go and check the figures. Buhari got massive support from NW & NE but this was not enough for him to win.

How you are now trying to say that Yorubas gave him victory is so surprising. undecided

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: South To Unite, Yorubas To Vote Massively For Igbo President In 2019 by Leopard2A7: 12:25pm On Nov 14, 2016
FFKfuckedBIANCA:
I am a Yoruba and I do not subscribe to violence but whatever it takes to balkanise this country is welcomed by me.

The question is what can that 'Whatever' be?

The status quo favours the north so much and they will never let go just like that.

So since we don't want violence the best way forward is to have a united south.

I may not like it, you may not like it but that is the fact.

2 Likes

Re: South To Unite, Yorubas To Vote Massively For Igbo President In 2019 by 7lives: 12:27pm On Nov 14, 2016
OMAR12:
I can only support southern unity, if it was aimed toward forming a new country, let me just use the name the[b] democratic republic of the people of southern nigeria.[/b] till a better name has been picked, with part of the middle belt included, kwara, part of kogi that has ties with Igbo and Yoruba as well as Benue. aside that, it a no no.

Abeg count Yoruba out of your proposed southern Nigeria, every man for himself God for all of us.

2 Likes

Re: South To Unite, Yorubas To Vote Massively For Igbo President In 2019 by Nobody: 12:28pm On Nov 14, 2016
Why do some confused people here always use "Afonja" to rep the entire Yoruba race ? I mean Afonja was just a warlord from the tiny Ilorin city and who at no point become the all and all of the Yoruba race.
So why are these Igbos confusing themselves ?
It is one thing to be ignorant, it is another totally different thing to be ignorant of ones own ignorance.
Igbos dont know. Yet, they did not know that they did not know. Their case is fatal, they need prayer not help. embarassed

3 Likes

Re: South To Unite, Yorubas To Vote Massively For Igbo President In 2019 by TheNonce: 12:58pm On Nov 14, 2016
undecided

This sort of reasoning must have come from the mind of an ugwu muncher! Deluded riff raffs!

3 Likes

Re: South To Unite, Yorubas To Vote Massively For Igbo President In 2019 by OfoIgbo: 1:01pm On Nov 14, 2016
jaymichael:

When GEJ supported the idea of a Yoruba person heading the House of Reps, your Yoruba god Tinubu and all his acolytes worked to frustrate that.
So no Yoruba can come here and claim that GEJ marginalised them.

He called Igbos his backbone because in 2011 every Igbo state gave him 90% votes, while the Yoruba states only returned 50-60+% votes. In fact one Yoruba state voted for one of the northern candidates, and Lagos only managed 50% votes because of the overwhelming presence of Igbos who voted massively for GEJ. If not for the Igbos, Yorubas in Lagos had already massively voted against him in preference for a northern candidate.

Anyway, I see no point for southern unity at the moment. The SE and SS can retain their alliance. If southern unity comes into place at this moment, the Yorubas would not have learnt their lessons. They will go to the marketplace to shout about how great they are, to have defeated the northerners. Let them wallow in the results of their treachery. OYO.

13 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

JUST IN!!! Buhari Not Jonathan Responsible For Recession - CBN / How The Pope Render The Argument Of Private Jet Pastors Useless / What Some Urhobos Are Saying About President Buhari Second Term Bid (screenshot)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.