Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,500 members, 7,819,817 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:35 AM

Faces Of Governor Godwin Obaseki's Appointees - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Faces Of Governor Godwin Obaseki's Appointees (28294 Views)

Governor Godwin Obaseki Swears In 19 Female Aides - Pictures / Oshiomhole Hands Over To Godwin Obaseki (Photos) / The Biography Of Godwin Obaseki, The APC Edo State Governorship Flag Bearer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Faces Of Governor Godwin Obaseki's Appointees by MONITZ: 5:10pm On Nov 14, 2016
TippyTop:

I have no problem with Obaseki appointing a Yoruba man but appointing him the chief of staff, come on.
The Chief of staff is like the Governor's "gateman" he controls who sees the governor.
That appointment was made straight from Bourdillon road.

Don't u know that Edo state has a sizeable number of yorubas as denizens in Akoko -Edo?? So this Akerele of a guy could be from that area,my thoughts anyway........
Re: Faces Of Governor Godwin Obaseki's Appointees by BiniShrine(m): 5:11pm On Nov 14, 2016
Exactly my point. We have both surnames n first names that sounds like those from the southwest. I know a guy from Akoko Edo that bears Adeleye Olorunmo Ologun.....
oshiosense:
Taiwo is from Edo North, i think Akoko Edo precisely.
Re: Faces Of Governor Godwin Obaseki's Appointees by ephi123(f): 5:12pm On Nov 14, 2016
DropShot:

Are you bringing the Ineffectual Buffoon "how much did Nwobodo stole?" PhD holder in 2019?

Please answer me nicely. grin grin

I couldn't give a hoot about Jonathan. FYI, I am not and never have been a fan of GEJ but mehn I have to say "he wasn't this bad!" when I compare to Buhari's dismal performance so far. At least he wasn't travelling the length and breadth of the globe wasting the country's money.

Haha! I always answer nicely nau cheesy
Re: Faces Of Governor Godwin Obaseki's Appointees by DropShot: 5:25pm On Nov 14, 2016
ephi123:

I couldn't give a hoot about Jonathan. FYI, I am not and never have been a fan of GEJ but mehn I have to say "he wasn't this bad!" when I compare to Buhari's dismal performance so far. At least he wasn't travelling the length and breadth of the globe wasting the country's money.

GEJ will forever remain the worst president in the history of Nigeria. Not now, not in hundred years will anyone surpass his buffoonery. He mismanaged our earnings and what he met through unprecedented looting.

Thank God for giving us Buhari who came to our rescue. If not, Nigeria would have been put up for sale since last year. Deal with facts!

Good you always reply nicely. I was only trying to save you from a ban.

2 Likes

Re: Faces Of Governor Godwin Obaseki's Appointees by DropShot: 5:28pm On Nov 14, 2016
ephi123:

GEJ will forever remain the worst president in the history of Nigeria. Not now, not in hundred years will anyone surpass his buffoonery. He mismanaged our earnings and what he met through unprecedented looting.

Thank God for giving us Buhari who came to our rescue. If not, Nigeria would have been put up for sale since last year because the FG and 27 states were already unable to pay salaries for many months as at the time PMB came. How would the Ineffectual Buffoon have dealt with the situation at 27$ per barrel of crude then?

Deal with facts!

Re: Faces Of Governor Godwin Obaseki's Appointees by gymer(m): 5:30pm On Nov 14, 2016
TippyTop:

I have no problem with Obaseki appointing a Yoruba man but appointing him the chief of staff, come on.
The Chief of staff is like the Governor's "gateman" he controls who sees the governor.

We have yoruba speaking people with yoruba names in my part of Edo state (Edo north) Akoko-Edo to be precise.
Re: Faces Of Governor Godwin Obaseki's Appointees by sparkleRed(f): 5:38pm On Nov 14, 2016
TippyTop:

D man is edo, some part of edo bears Yoruba name undecided calm down and ask questions
Re: Faces Of Governor Godwin Obaseki's Appointees by ephi123(f): 5:41pm On Nov 14, 2016
DropShot:

Thank God for giving us Buhari who came to our rescue. If not, Nigeria would have been put up for sale since last year because the FG and 27 states were already unable to pay salaries for many months as at the time PMB came. How would the Ineffectual Buffoon have dealt with the situation at 27$ per barrel of crude then?

Deal with facts!

I guess you are speaking for yourself and the minorities hell bent on defending this abysmal government. Good luck to all of you. The good thing is that the reality on ground speaks for itself, posterity will definitely judge Buhari as not just the worst president but one who failed twice. What a record, phew!!

Being banned is not the end of the world. I've got a life outside NL!
Re: Faces Of Governor Godwin Obaseki's Appointees by ephi123(f): 5:42pm On Nov 14, 2016
DropShot:

Deal with facts!

I guess you are speaking for yourself and the minorities hell bent on defending this abysmal government. Good luck to all of you. The good thing is that the reality on ground speaks for itself, posterity will definitely judge Buhari as not just the worst president but one who failed twice. What a record, phew!!

Being banned is not the end of the world. I've got a life outside NL and I'm not paid for posting wink
Re: Faces Of Governor Godwin Obaseki's Appointees by ephi123(f): 5:45pm On Nov 14, 2016
DropShot:

Deal with facts!

By the way, with all the mismanaging you guys always talk about and the extent to which you claim it was really bad, why is GEJ still walking free? I really would like to know the answer to that. He was this, he was that, but yet no singular conviction, not even small fry Dasuki has been convicted.

Anyway, posterity will judge all of us and our actions. That one is certain.
Re: Faces Of Governor Godwin Obaseki's Appointees by Rockyrascal(m): 5:56pm On Nov 14, 2016
TippyTop:

the newly appointed chief of staff is not a yorouba man, but from akoko edo (igarra) my town precisely.
Re: Faces Of Governor Godwin Obaseki's Appointees by DonaldGenes(m): 6:04pm On Nov 14, 2016
sukkot:
why everybody in that south south region look crazy as fc-uk and black like oyel ? just cuz you come from oil region dont mean you gotta be black like oyel lolzzzz grin
Lmao!,,No vex

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Faces Of Governor Godwin Obaseki's Appointees by elitejosef: 6:28pm On Nov 14, 2016
mikeoh:
Taiwo Francis Akerele as Chief of Staff.

http://www.fastdatashare.com/2016/11/see-first-appointment-of-new-edo-state.html?m=1

That guy got potentials and he's very young
Re: Faces Of Governor Godwin Obaseki's Appointees by IVORY2009(m): 6:29pm On Nov 14, 2016
[s]
DropShot:

Deal with facts!

[/s]

Why do u always like writting rubbish? shocked shocked
Re: Faces Of Governor Godwin Obaseki's Appointees by KINGinVAHALA: 7:45pm On Nov 14, 2016
TippyTop:

Bro, this info of yours is very wrong.
Taiwo Akerele isn't a Yoruba man, he is from Akoko-edo Local Govt and he was the former Chief Of Staff to Government House in oshiomhole administration. He was part of those that just rounded up with oshiomhole in this capacity.
Re: Faces Of Governor Godwin Obaseki's Appointees by martineverest(m): 7:55pm On Nov 14, 2016
mulattoclaroo:
The appointments should be shared between Edo South and Edo North. Edo Central never contributed to Godwin Obaseki's victory at the polls. If anybody from Edo Central should be part of the political appointees, then martineverest should be the rightful person to be selected.
hahaha.no be me and u o.....anything political appointment is a no-go area for me.......i dont want to be corrupt
Re: Faces Of Governor Godwin Obaseki's Appointees by Jesusloveyou: 8:03pm On Nov 14, 2016
ephi123:
Unlike one man who took 6 months to select non-performing ministers grin

By the way, what should we do with the faces? I would rather want to know their background, profiles and qualifications.

Well, as long as it's not a NEPA bill, we've learnt in the hard way the implication of such cheesy
you still have a long way to go,
Your brain is far from this planet
Or did you kept your brain in yaba left?

1 Like

Re: Faces Of Governor Godwin Obaseki's Appointees by davidif: 8:10pm On Nov 14, 2016
TippyTop:

Wow! See logic. And they wonder why Africa is poor.
A leader is only as good as his lieutenants.
Instead of our leaders to surround themselves with the best team they can get, they simply hire someone because he is from there "place". How about hiring the best people for the job no matter where they are from? It's no wonder we can't find creative solutions to our problems. Edo like the rest of Nigeria needs all the help it can get and from wherever it can get it whether it's through foreigners or Nigerians as long as they are very exceptional candidates. The last thing obaseki should be worrying about is the so called state of origin of his team.
Speaking of state of origin, that archaic concept should be scrapped and replaced with state of residence if possible as it distorts people's views and judgement at times.
Re: Faces Of Governor Godwin Obaseki's Appointees by ephi123(f): 8:12pm On Nov 14, 2016
Jesusloveyou:
you still have a long way to go,
Your brain is far from this planet
Or did you kept your brain in yaba left?

I'm sure you have a brain Mr Jesuslovesyou, please USE it.
Re: Faces Of Governor Godwin Obaseki's Appointees by davidif: 8:14pm On Nov 14, 2016
Martins301:
Yoruba man as Chief of Staff

And what exactly is wrong with a Yoruba chief of staff? The last thing Obaseki should be worried about is the ethnicity of his staff. Edo like the rest of Nigeria needs all the help it can get and from wherever it can get it whether it's through foreigners or Nigerians. As long as they are super bright and talented. The last thing it should be worrying about is there so called state of origin.
Instead of our leaders to surround themselves with the best team they can get, they simply hire someone because he is from there "place". How about hiring the best people for the job no matter where they are from? It's no wonder we can't find creative solutions to our problems.
Speaking of state of origin, that archaic concept should be scrapped and replaced with state of residence if possible as it distorts people's views and judgement at times.
Re: Faces Of Governor Godwin Obaseki's Appointees by mulattoclaroo(m): 8:45pm On Nov 14, 2016
martineverest:
hahaha.no be me and u o.....anything political appointment is a no-go area for me.......i dont want to be corrupt
hahahaha. Matto you dey fall my hand. You no be Uromi guy? Uromi ppe wen I know re very rugged. But wait ooo. Wetin Esan pple really do Osho Baba for am to suspend una Onojie?
Re: Faces Of Governor Godwin Obaseki's Appointees by NOETHNICITY(m): 8:48pm On Nov 14, 2016
TippyTop:

This man has come back here again with tribal issues. Pls be reminded that in Edo we don't play tribal politics. We go only for the best brains.
Re: Faces Of Governor Godwin Obaseki's Appointees by martineverest(m): 8:51pm On Nov 14, 2016
mulattoclaroo:
hahahaha. Matto you dey fall my hand. You no be Uromi guy? Uromi ppe wen I know re very rugged. But wait ooo. Wetin Esan pple really do Osho Baba for am to suspend una Onojie?
ojie anslem eidenojie battered a woman ealier dis yr...he was later asked to apologise publicly to d woman.instead of doing so,he released a foto of him and d woman embracing eachother.thus,making d woman apologise ....oshobaba got angered with d scenario and then suspended the king..........our useless uromi youth twisted the story by saying d woman is an 'apc woman leader'.
Re: Faces Of Governor Godwin Obaseki's Appointees by martha89: 9:06pm On Nov 14, 2016
mulattoclaroo:
The appointments should be shared between Edo South and Edo North. Edo Central never contributed to Godwin Obaseki's victory at the polls. If anybody from Edo Central should be part of the political appointees, then martineverest should be the rightful person to be selected.
You all can have the speaker too,Una sabi! We won't die and we survive it during eight years of Adams Oshiohole

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Faces Of Governor Godwin Obaseki's Appointees by martha89: 9:08pm On Nov 14, 2016
martineverest:
ojie anslem eidenojie battered a woman ealier dis yr...he was later asked to apologise publicly to d woman.instead of doing so,he released a foto of him and d woman embracing eachother.thus,making d woman apologise ....oshobaba got angered with d scenario and then suspended the king..........our useless uromi youth twisted the story by saying d woman is an 'apc woman leader'.
Were you there, you are suffering from inferiority complex,come and replace the Onojie now

1 Like

Re: Faces Of Governor Godwin Obaseki's Appointees by Jerrylove4u: 9:12pm On Nov 14, 2016
He is nt a Yoruba man but from akoko edo n u knw dey bear Yoruba names too.
TippyTop:

Re: Faces Of Governor Godwin Obaseki's Appointees by martineverest(m): 9:19pm On Nov 14, 2016
martha89:
Were you there, you are suffering from inferiority complex,come and replace the Onojie now
this arrogant uromi girl do show again.......every monitoring spirit....by faya by thonda!
Re: Faces Of Governor Godwin Obaseki's Appointees by TippyTop(m): 12:27am On Nov 15, 2016
[s]
NOETHNICITY:
This man has come back here again with tribal issues. Pls be reminded that in Edo we don't play tribal politics. We go only for the best brains.
[/s]

Am more Edo than you'd ever be. Edo should be for Edo people. Akoko Edo should be ceded to Ondo state.

1 Like

Re: Faces Of Governor Godwin Obaseki's Appointees by Nobody: 6:15am On Nov 15, 2016
davidif:

And what exactly is wrong with a Yoruba chief of staff? The last thing Obaseki should be worried about is the ethnicity of his staff. Edo like the rest of Nigeria needs all the help it can get and from wherever it can get it whether it's through foreigners or Nigerians. As long as they are super bright and talented. The last thing it should be worrying about is there so called state of origin.
Instead of our leaders to surround themselves with the best team they can get, they simply hire someone because he is from there "place". How about hiring the best people for the job no matter where they are from? It's no wonder we can't find creative solutions to our problems.

Oga please keep your opinion to yourself or take your message to the Hausas/Fulani, Igbos and Yorubas who have always played the ethnic card when it comes to appointment.
Re: Faces Of Governor Godwin Obaseki's Appointees by fuckerholic(m): 8:58am On Nov 15, 2016
sukkot:
why everybody in that south south region look crazy as fc-uk and black like oyel ? just cuz you come from oil region dont mean you gotta be black like oyel lolzzzz grin

Apart from the akwaibom folks who are more lighter in skin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Faces Of Governor Godwin Obaseki's Appointees by oshiosense(m): 9:23am On Nov 15, 2016
TippyTop:

How do you know he's from Akoko Edo? Can you link me to his biography?

Pls confirm it from here: https://www.nairaland.com/3465118/meet-harvard-trained-new-chief#51032592
Re: Faces Of Governor Godwin Obaseki's Appointees by BornStunner1: 9:53am On Nov 15, 2016
TippyTop:
[s][/s]

Am more Edo than you'd ever be. Edo should be for Edo people. Akoko Edo should be ceded to Ondo state.

Otemwen i stand with you on this............. THEY ARE MIGRANTS THEY WOULD NEVA BE ACCEPTED AS ONE OF US!!! .......THEY SHUD GO BACK TO ONDO STATE!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Hadiza Bala Usman: ‘El-rufai Remains My Boss, The Truth Always Triumphs' / President Bola Tinubu Returns To Nigeria After Trips To Paris, London / IBB Returns Home After 7-week Medical Trip

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.