Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,037 members, 7,818,066 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:41 AM

Why It Is Dangerous For A Muslim To Marry Only One Wife – Islamic Scholar - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Why It Is Dangerous For A Muslim To Marry Only One Wife – Islamic Scholar (40530 Views)

Ahmad Ibn Taymiyyah: The Tortured Scholar / Understanding The Verse Of "Beating One's Wife" / Having Sex With Your Wife (islamic Teaching) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why It Is Dangerous For A Muslim To Marry Only One Wife – Islamic Scholar by Demmzy15(m): 10:30am On Nov 17, 2016
FriendChoice:

To Mallam Demmy
tongue wink
Re: Why It Is Dangerous For A Muslim To Marry Only One Wife – Islamic Scholar by Bujumbura(m): 10:41am On Nov 17, 2016
There is recession so i ll advise muslims to marry one wife. Stop all these archaic teachings

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why It Is Dangerous For A Muslim To Marry Only One Wife – Islamic Scholar by dollyptosh(m): 10:41am On Nov 17, 2016
Trash! Trash!! Trash!!!
Re: Why It Is Dangerous For A Muslim To Marry Only One Wife – Islamic Scholar by Nobody: 10:49am On Nov 17, 2016
Demmzy15:
tongue wink
You never even know wetin I talk. You they tongue

grin grin grin
Re: Why It Is Dangerous For A Muslim To Marry Only One Wife – Islamic Scholar by iykedare(m): 10:57am On Nov 17, 2016
Lol
Re: Why It Is Dangerous For A Muslim To Marry Only One Wife – Islamic Scholar by Nobody: 10:59am On Nov 17, 2016
This man always speaks nonsense anyway. I don't understand how come he has followers
Re: Why It Is Dangerous For A Muslim To Marry Only One Wife – Islamic Scholar by iykedare(m): 11:01am On Nov 17, 2016
lolaed:
This man always speaks nonsense anyway. I don't understand how come he has followers

You would also love to marry more than one woman if you were a man. What is the difference between marrying more than one wife and ladies dating more than one guy at a time?
Re: Why It Is Dangerous For A Muslim To Marry Only One Wife – Islamic Scholar by Nobody: 11:02am On Nov 17, 2016
Monogamy is the rule. Polygamy is not compulsory in Islam. There is a problem with making foolish people popular. That's the problem with so-called cleric, Muhyideen Bello
Re: Why It Is Dangerous For A Muslim To Marry Only One Wife – Islamic Scholar by Nobody: 11:03am On Nov 17, 2016
Demmzy15:
**nods in affirmation** grin grin

Issoryt..... Wish the same for me grin

La yu'minu ahdukum, hatta yuhibbul akhihi ma yuhibbu li nafsihi.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why It Is Dangerous For A Muslim To Marry Only One Wife – Islamic Scholar by Nobody: 11:03am On Nov 17, 2016
iykedare:

You would also love to marry more than one woman if you were a man. What is the difference between marrying more than one wife and ladies dating more than one guy at a time?

What anybody chooses to do is their business. But for people to misguide others as this sorry case of a 'cleric' does is just annoying
Re: Why It Is Dangerous For A Muslim To Marry Only One Wife – Islamic Scholar by Nobody: 11:06am On Nov 17, 2016
lolaed:
Monogamy is the rule. Polygamy is not compulsory in Islam. There is a problem with making foolish people popular. That's the problem with so-called cleric, Muhyideen Bello

Do not have hatred for polygamy, if you can't practice it, don't condemn people who practice or support it, POLYGAMY IS STATED IN THE QUR'AN BY ALLAAH, SO BY HATING POLYGAMY, YOU ARE HATING WHAT ALLAAH LEGISLATED.

SALAAM.

8 Likes

Re: Why It Is Dangerous For A Muslim To Marry Only One Wife – Islamic Scholar by Nobody: 11:07am On Nov 17, 2016
some irresponsible ones will be feeling fly when polygamy is mentioned even when they can't feed themselves. They end up littering everywhere with chdren they can't take care of.

Go under the bridge and see many of such ill bred children posing problems for the society.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why It Is Dangerous For A Muslim To Marry Only One Wife – Islamic Scholar by omosuper(m): 11:10am On Nov 17, 2016
Thank God that it's not compulsory .I can't cope with two wives because I don't really like it.

2 Likes

Re: Why It Is Dangerous For A Muslim To Marry Only One Wife – Islamic Scholar by Nobody: 11:10am On Nov 17, 2016
lexiconkabir:

Do not have hatred for polygamy, if you can't practice it, don't condemn people who practice or support it, POLYGAMY IS STATED IN THE QUR'AN BY ALLAAH, SO BY HATING POLYGAMY, YOU ARE HATING WHAT ALLAAH LEGISLATED.

SALAAM.

What in my post suggests that I hate it. what I hate is idiotss making it appear like it is compulsory and pushing other men into the practice.

Every irresponsible man in a polygamy will be pubished by Allah for getting into it without having the means to cater for the wife and children.

They can't put their children in good schools or give them the proper attention they need for proper integration into society and will be shouting Allah says up and down.

what does Allah say about your responsibility in a polygamy? You hardly hear such lectures.

8 Likes

Re: Why It Is Dangerous For A Muslim To Marry Only One Wife – Islamic Scholar by Demmzy15(m): 11:16am On Nov 17, 2016
lexiconkabir:

Issoryt..... Wish the same for me grin

La yu'minu ahdukum, hatta yuhibbul akhihi ma yuhibbu li nafsihi.
Insha'Allahu, wa anta!
Re: Why It Is Dangerous For A Muslim To Marry Only One Wife – Islamic Scholar by Nobody: 11:17am On Nov 17, 2016
lexiconkabir:

So the long and short of this superstory be say you are looking for Cinderella in Abaya abi? Or niqob sef.

Nothing wrong with that as long as he is prince charming in agbada or jalabia
Re: Why It Is Dangerous For A Muslim To Marry Only One Wife – Islamic Scholar by Shafiiimran99: 11:19am On Nov 17, 2016
Farmerforlife:

The thing is, fertility rate does not depend on the number of wives one marries. It depends on the number of married women of child bearing age, regardless of whether their husbands have only one or four. Since Muslim women are like the proverbial 'hot cake' and very rarely stay unmarried for long, marrying 2 or 3 or 4 will only make it harder for other Muslim men to get married, but will not increase birth rates. Whether the ummah is increased by my children, or my Muslim brother's children is not important.

@Empiree, I really have no intention, and barring some really extraordinary circumstance, like my having to live away from my wife, or some such unlikely situation, I will continue having no intention, insha Allah. Marriage is never a bed of roses.
U got it wrong, marry more than one wives has no effect on somebody else marriage
Re: Why It Is Dangerous For A Muslim To Marry Only One Wife – Islamic Scholar by Nobody: 11:36am On Nov 17, 2016
lolaed:

What in my post suggests that I hate it. what I hate is idiotss making it appear like it is compulsory and pushing other men into the practice.

Every irresponsible man in a polygamy will be pubished by Allah for getting into it without having the means to cater for the wife and children.

Your post suggested you hate polygamy, you even went as far as insulting thethe lecturer, you could've just stopped at who you feel is capable for polygamy or not.

They can't put their children in good schools or give them the proper attention they need for proper integration into society and will be shouting Allah says up and down.

Yes, but those who have the means shouldn't be discouraged.

what does Allah say about your responsibility in a polygamy? You hardly hear such lectures.

You don't have to be super rich to practice it, now applying justice between your wives is the main thing, "justice" in this case means he should be just in material things, such as gifts, spending time and so on, as for his love for them, he can never be just with that because it is beyond his control, this is what is meant by the statement of Allaah;

“You will never be able to do perfect justice between wives even if it is your ardent desire”

6 Likes

Re: Why It Is Dangerous For A Muslim To Marry Only One Wife – Islamic Scholar by Shafiiimran99: 11:38am On Nov 17, 2016
He does not understand that ayah provided u posted exactly what he said. Ok say one start with 2 wives, u now discover that u cope with them, is he trying to say we should divorce one by his explanation is totally wrong. By the way, those people are not scholar is just because many of us don't know anything about islam that why we do call them scholar.
Re: Why It Is Dangerous For A Muslim To Marry Only One Wife – Islamic Scholar by Shafiiimran99: 11:47am On Nov 17, 2016
lolaed:

But saying "monogamy is rule" is not ok either because u don't have evidence to back it.
Re: Why It Is Dangerous For A Muslim To Marry Only One Wife – Islamic Scholar by Nobody: 11:53am On Nov 17, 2016
Shafiiimran99:
But saying "monogamy is rule" is not ok either because u don't have evidence to back it.

Well, since marriage itself is not compulsory.
Re: Why It Is Dangerous For A Muslim To Marry Only One Wife – Islamic Scholar by Nobody: 11:55am On Nov 17, 2016
lexiconkabir:

Your post suggested you hate polygamy, you even went as far as insulting thethe lecturer, you could've just stopped at who you feel is capable for polygamy or not.

That's you deciding to see it as a hate. I am critical of it. I don't hate it. I see instances where it is well practiced and highly beneficial.

1 Like

Re: Why It Is Dangerous For A Muslim To Marry Only One Wife – Islamic Scholar by Nobody: 12:00pm On Nov 17, 2016
Shafiiimran99:
He does not understand that ayah provided u posted exactly what he said. Ok say one start with 2 wives, u now discover that u cope with them, is he trying to say we should divorce one by his explanation is totally wrong. By the way, those people are not scholar is just because many of us don't know anything about islam that why we do call them scholar.

Truly he is no scholar of Islam.
Re: Why It Is Dangerous For A Muslim To Marry Only One Wife – Islamic Scholar by Nobody: 12:02pm On Nov 17, 2016

Yes, but those who have the means shouldn't be discouraged.
Any good Muslim will run away from anything that may put him in trouble before Allah. In Muslim nations that I have been to, polygamy is not as practised as we do in Nigeria. People run from fear of not doing it right. The prophet says an unjust man will be brought up on d day of judgment half paralysed. As much as u want to encourage it, maybe u can be more academical anf do a research to see how many are able to do justice.

You don't have to be super rich to practice it, now applying justice between your wives is the main thing, "justice" in this case means he should be just in material things, such as gifts, spending time and so on, as for his love for them, he can never be just with that because it is beyond his control, this is what is meant by the statement of Allaah;
Marriage to one woman is a big deal let alone two three or four. It is hard.. and justice is not something majority can do. Don't make it seem trivial. In this period of recession ask people with a wife and two kids how they fare before encouraging a multitude of mostly, semi educated nigerian muslims to practoce polygamy. Do u know what happens in most cases eventually? The women become the bread winners and run from pillar to post in order to provide for their children.

“You will never be able to do perfect justice between wives even if it is your ardent desire

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why It Is Dangerous For A Muslim To Marry Only One Wife – Islamic Scholar by uboma(m): 12:03pm On Nov 17, 2016
lolaed:
some irresponsible ones will be feeling fly when polygamy is mentioned even when they can't feed themselves. They end up littering everywhere with chdren they can't take care of.

Go under the bridge and see many of such ill bred children posing problems for the society.

You are blessed for bringing to fore this vital point.

Please keep sounding it to their ears...

6 Likes

Re: Why It Is Dangerous For A Muslim To Marry Only One Wife – Islamic Scholar by uboma(m): 12:05pm On Nov 17, 2016
lolaed:

1000,000 likes

6 Likes

Re: Why It Is Dangerous For A Muslim To Marry Only One Wife – Islamic Scholar by Nobody: 12:06pm On Nov 17, 2016
AideeSheks:

You were one brave little boy grin

You na 'Donnie Yen' lati kekere o LOL!! I no too get dat balls o for boarding school..but as per say na day school, na to drag am like you o. I always know aw not to get into 'fights', no matter what!! I'll just be very angry, that I am angry, and dat the anger myt mk me murd d person, no matter aw BIG/ scary he/she is, I no dey fear again,esp wen the shaytan start the "ignition"!!!

On a serious lighter note, I ONLY BULLY...this I can attest heheheheh!
Re: Why It Is Dangerous For A Muslim To Marry Only One Wife – Islamic Scholar by abula112(m): 12:48pm On Nov 17, 2016
This theory will only work in sharia countrys where your salary imcrease by number of wifes and children, dnt try it in Nigeria, use your brain.
That is first, secondly it is not compulsory to marry more than one wife, i see marrying more than a wife as a way to curb the female to male ratio, cis females are far in population than male, not in humans alone but in d whole animal kingdom..
just make your choice with wisdom, as for me one is ok
Re: Why It Is Dangerous For A Muslim To Marry Only One Wife – Islamic Scholar by Antina(f): 12:51pm On Nov 17, 2016
Hmmm, this is thread for men only cheesy
Re: Why It Is Dangerous For A Muslim To Marry Only One Wife – Islamic Scholar by Nobody: 12:54pm On Nov 17, 2016
abula112:
[s]This theory will only work in sharia countrys where your salary imcrease by number of wifes and children, dnt try it in Nigeria, use your brain.
That is first, secondly it is not compulsory to marry more than one wife, i see marrying more than a wife as a way to curb the female to male ratio, cis females are far in population than male, not in humans alone but in d whole animal kingdom..[/s]
just make your choice with wisdom, as for me one is ok

Yes, your choice with "wisdon"

1 Like

Re: Why It Is Dangerous For A Muslim To Marry Only One Wife – Islamic Scholar by eitsei(m): 1:13pm On Nov 17, 2016
omosuper:
Thank God that it's not compulsory .I can't cope with too wives because I don't really like it.
I hate complicated life.. Thank God it's not compulsory

1 Like

Re: Why It Is Dangerous For A Muslim To Marry Only One Wife – Islamic Scholar by dragnet: 1:18pm On Nov 17, 2016
people seem to forget that rizq is in the hands of the same one that bestows children upon man, are there not instances where parents with even a single child can't guaranty 2 meals in a day?
why do we fear poverty more than the one who controls poverty?

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Kenyan Cancer Patient Goes To Hajj For His Last Wish / Baby Born With Rosary In Ogun State / Prophet Muhammad Tops The List Of The Most Influential People Of All Time

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.