Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,071 members, 7,814,702 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:47 PM

Rivers Election: Former Militant Leader, Ateke Tom Turns Preacher - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rivers Election: Former Militant Leader, Ateke Tom Turns Preacher (945 Views)

Patience Jonathan Visits Ateke Tom (Photos) / Former Militant Who Lost His Hand Has A Poultry Business (Photos) / Why Jonathan Lost Presidential Election – Former Deputy Senate President, Mantu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Rivers Election: Former Militant Leader, Ateke Tom Turns Preacher by yGist: 6:59pm On Nov 14, 2016
An ex-militant leader in Rivers State, Chief Ateke Tom, has called on the security agencies to be very thorough in their responsibilities so that criminals would have no hiding place in the state in the December 10 re-run elections in some parts of the state.

Tom made the call in Port Harcourt on Monday while fielding questions from newsmen about the upcoming election. He said that peace remained crucial for a successful re-run elections in the state and subsequently enjoined people of the state to be peaceful during the election.

The ex-militant leader also preached that it is undemocratic for political parties to promote issues capable of igniting crisis, emphasising that “politics should not be a do or die affair”. His words:

“Parties should be free to hold their campaigns anywhere in the state without fear or favour. I am ready to support the holding of party campaigns even in my bedroom, in my village too, every party is welcome.”

What if Ateke Tom actually turns Pastor someday? grin

Source: http://www.ygist.com/2016/11/rivers-election-former-militant-leader-ateke-tom-preaches-peace.html

1 Like

Re: Rivers Election: Former Militant Leader, Ateke Tom Turns Preacher by Baawaa(m): 7:34pm On Nov 14, 2016
That is power of CHANGE,militant to preacher

2 Likes

Re: Rivers Election: Former Militant Leader, Ateke Tom Turns Preacher by dnawah(m): 8:13pm On Nov 14, 2016
yGist:
An ex-militant leader in Rivers State, Chief Ateke Tom, has called on the security agencies to be very thorough in their responsibilities so that criminals would have no hiding place in the state in the December 10 re-run elections in some parts of the state.

Tom made the call in Port Harcourt on Monday while fielding questions from newsmen about the upcoming election. He said that peace remained crucial for a successful re-run elections in the state and subsequently enjoined people of the state to be peaceful during the election.

The ex-militant leader also preached that it is undemocratic for political parties to promote issues capable of igniting crisis, emphasising that “politics should not be a do or die affair”. His words:

“Parties should be free to hold their campaigns anywhere in the state without fear or favour. I am ready to support the holding of party campaigns even in my bedroom, in my village too, every party is welcome.”

What if Ateke Tom actually turns Pastor someday? grin

Source: http://www.ygist.com/2016/11/rivers-election-former-militant-leader-ateke-tom-preaches-peace.html
man pass man,one person,way them d say una don come.see am,him wear camouflage,no nobody caugh,but if na me hmmm,them go beat me well well.

(1) (Reply)

Navy Averts Herdsmen, Farmers’ Clash In Anambra Village / Imo Airline Or Dana Airline? / Abia: A State In Ruins- Video/pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.