Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,241 members, 7,818,824 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:57 AM

As A Teenage Landlord I Get Intimidated By My Tenants What Do I Do? - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / As A Teenage Landlord I Get Intimidated By My Tenants What Do I Do? (26466 Views)

My Tenants Will Not Pay House Rent / First Time Landlord : I Shunned A Family House To Build Mine / How Can I Confirm The Actual Landlord I Am Paying A New Rent To? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

As A Teenage Landlord I Get Intimidated By My Tenants What Do I Do? by deparagon(m): 10:42pm On Nov 16, 2016
I try as much as I can to be good and this man is trying as much as he can to take advantage of me, what do i do? Change or continue being good and get trampled upon?

I happen to be a very young landlord by circumstance ie i inherited a property from my late dad let me hold it here.
Now there is this man i rented a one bedroom apartment to, and being that i'm young maybe he thinks i don't know the value of money he chooses to pay it in instalment, imagine him paying 1yr rent of 80k in a period of 5mounts, now the problem is i was adviced to hand over the property to a lawyer, the man has been intimidating me as to why i had to do such a thing.
Pls ur candid opinion.

3 Likes 5 Shares

Re: As A Teenage Landlord I Get Intimidated By My Tenants What Do I Do? by Kandaha: 10:51pm On Nov 16, 2016
deparagon:
I try as much as I can to be good and this man is trying as much as he can to take advantage of me, what do i do? Change or continue being good and get trampled upon?
I happen to be a very young landlord by circumstance ie i inherited a property from my late dad let me hold it here.
Now there is this man i rented a one bedroom apartment to, and being that i'm young maybe he thinks i don't know the value of money he chooses to pay it in instalment, imagine him paying 1yr rent of 80k in a period of 5mounts, now the problem is i was adviced to hand over the property to a lawyer, the man has been intimidating me as to why i had to do such a thing.
Pls ur candid opinion.
Part payment is a No for me save you agreed to that. Drop your email or digits. I am a Lawyer and my practice is based on Property... I have seen worse , trust me!

98 Likes 7 Shares

Re: As A Teenage Landlord I Get Intimidated By My Tenants What Do I Do? by TheNonce: 10:51pm On Nov 16, 2016
grin
deparagon:

Pls ur candid opinion.

Family section nigga! Or you be upcoming politician?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: As A Teenage Landlord I Get Intimidated By My Tenants What Do I Do? by ayourbamie: 10:54pm On Nov 16, 2016
Hand it over to a lawyer and pls don't take laws into ur hands

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: As A Teenage Landlord I Get Intimidated By My Tenants What Do I Do? by Tolexander: 11:06pm On Nov 16, 2016
deparagon:

Pls ur candid opinion.
You are free to handover whatever belongs to you to anybody you believe can handle it well for you. He has no right to intimidate your right!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: As A Teenage Landlord I Get Intimidated By My Tenants What Do I Do? by klassykute(m): 11:53pm On Nov 16, 2016
quit

notice

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: As A Teenage Landlord I Get Intimidated By My Tenants What Do I Do? by Vaxt(m): 6:43am On Nov 17, 2016
QUIT NOTICE

16 Likes

Re: As A Teenage Landlord I Get Intimidated By My Tenants What Do I Do? by joey150(m): 6:43am On Nov 17, 2016
You dont want to pay lawyer fees abi and you wan form young landlord? grin

If not i see no reason why a teenager should want to handle house rents all by himself.

Hand it over to an aggresive lawyer, that way you distant yourself from the tenants and nobody can play on your emotions.

6 Likes

Re: As A Teenage Landlord I Get Intimidated By My Tenants What Do I Do? by Dsrooftiles: 6:44am On Nov 17, 2016
Young Man don't hand it over to any lawyer just be prayerful one day he will park his load and leave ur apartment...
better tenant will move in....

your life is more precious to u...
maybe he want to take the post of cheif tenant grin grin grin

We know dem type their are not ready to build house, grin grin

Awon omo Atoko wa ba ile je... grin grin

Current Price of Roofing tiles check here >> https://www.nairaland.com/3364135/roofing-sheets-cost-various-types

5 Likes

Re: As A Teenage Landlord I Get Intimidated By My Tenants What Do I Do? by Vince77(m): 6:44am On Nov 17, 2016
Hand it to a lawyer.

Tell ur lawyer to give quit notice to any stubborn tenant.

No time for nonsense

11 Likes

Re: As A Teenage Landlord I Get Intimidated By My Tenants What Do I Do? by victorazy(m): 6:45am On Nov 17, 2016
Just dash them the houses or rooms. You inherited the properties that is why, you never suffer before if not u for know. That your tenant na igbo man?

Tenants

1. Igbo - Them must try to gain from ur own house eg. Owing u 1yr pay 6months.

2. Yoruba - His wife will be the problem in the compound

3. Housa- Just show him a portion of land for mosque.

47 Likes 2 Shares

Re: As A Teenage Landlord I Get Intimidated By My Tenants What Do I Do? by NurEmperor(m): 6:45am On Nov 17, 2016
Hmm
Btw, the circular for the implementation of internship for university graduate nurses, has been released by the head of civil service of the federation.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: As A Teenage Landlord I Get Intimidated By My Tenants What Do I Do? by seXytOhbAd(m): 6:46am On Nov 17, 2016
Ha! So OP na you dey knock on my door for the 16k balance ehn? You Don mad finish, carry our issue come nairand ehn. No wahala. I go dey do instalment payment for that 16k. Omo ale, omo jati jati

1 Like

Re: As A Teenage Landlord I Get Intimidated By My Tenants What Do I Do? by merigold(f): 6:46am On Nov 17, 2016
Hand it over to a lawyer

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: As A Teenage Landlord I Get Intimidated By My Tenants What Do I Do? by KingRex1(m): 6:46am On Nov 17, 2016
Lawyer straight up. Don't even notice the tenant sef.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: As A Teenage Landlord I Get Intimidated By My Tenants What Do I Do? by Viktor1983(m): 6:47am On Nov 17, 2016
Get a lawyer to fight your wars for you and take 5% Of rent. .

2 Likes

Re: As A Teenage Landlord I Get Intimidated By My Tenants What Do I Do? by Gozzzy(m): 6:47am On Nov 17, 2016
go to a revered shrine and hand it over to amadioha... im go pay you 10yrs advance... thank me later.

1 Like

Re: As A Teenage Landlord I Get Intimidated By My Tenants What Do I Do? by seunfly: 6:47am On Nov 17, 2016
Becarefull of the lawyer u will hand it over to, when it comes to money, trust no one. The lawyer can even be worse than your tenant.

My advice, walk up to few land lands in your area, find out the best lawyer in ur environment b4 you commit your self.

I hope u have mother who is a bit older, I suggest u let her handle that matter while she reports back to you.

Op I warn you, be very careful of d lawyer you hand over to, an average Nigerian is still A Nigerian when it comes to money.

Pls don't get me wrong, there are many Nigerians that are very good and trust worthy but be very careful.

deparagon:
Pls ur candid opinion.

52 Likes 1 Share

Re: As A Teenage Landlord I Get Intimidated By My Tenants What Do I Do? by wayne4loan: 6:47am On Nov 17, 2016
U no get goons ?

4 Likes

Re: As A Teenage Landlord I Get Intimidated By My Tenants What Do I Do? by An0nimus: 6:47am On Nov 17, 2016
Get a lawyer ASAP. Don't be afraid to spend that extra money

Like I always say, we never hear of bad tenants, only bad landlords. Bad tenants can make you question your sanity trust me.

Make sure the house is in good shape, provide all the basic utilities (water, light, security etc), rebuild, upgrade the house when you get the chance. Mark up the rent of the house after some years if you choose. Be considerate in doing so.

But in all, get a solid, no-nonsense lawyer and save you some headache.

5 Likes

Re: As A Teenage Landlord I Get Intimidated By My Tenants What Do I Do? by TroubleMaker47(m): 6:48am On Nov 17, 2016
Just issue him qiit notice!

Shikina

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: As A Teenage Landlord I Get Intimidated By My Tenants What Do I Do? by Idydarling(f): 6:48am On Nov 17, 2016
let that man try me, young or not, im go feel am for this regime, 5 months to pay a rent of just 80k? he's paying in installments you say?? some people need hot coal on their anus, make im try am with correct nigur, im for feel am

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: As A Teenage Landlord I Get Intimidated By My Tenants What Do I Do? by aieromon(m): 6:49am On Nov 17, 2016
Hand over the property to a lawyer or a caretaker.

It's better to pay for their services than dragging your money like a market woman.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: As A Teenage Landlord I Get Intimidated By My Tenants What Do I Do? by Mintayo(m): 6:49am On Nov 17, 2016
Hand it over to a lawyer now, or an agent.

1 Like

Re: As A Teenage Landlord I Get Intimidated By My Tenants What Do I Do? by bareal(m): 6:49am On Nov 17, 2016
deparagon:

Pls ur candid opinion.
Get the services of a facility and property management company, then you'll worry less!

1 Like

Re: As A Teenage Landlord I Get Intimidated By My Tenants What Do I Do? by honestpoju: 6:49am On Nov 17, 2016
hey ,from experience ur mistake in d first place was not letting a lawyer handle the collection and matters concerning rent. why on earth will u be collecting rent yourself. haba. be wise

1 Like 1 Share

Re: As A Teenage Landlord I Get Intimidated By My Tenants What Do I Do? by EnEnPeecee: 6:50am On Nov 17, 2016
e be like say you just inherit the house

Well, serve the recalcitrant tenant a warning notice and if he continue behaving terribly, go to a competent court and obtain his quit notice. That's all !

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: As A Teenage Landlord I Get Intimidated By My Tenants What Do I Do? by jeeqaa7(m): 6:51am On Nov 17, 2016
evict the toughest guy ... the others would learn

9 Likes

Re: As A Teenage Landlord I Get Intimidated By My Tenants What Do I Do? by Bossontop(m): 6:54am On Nov 17, 2016
Jus share quit notice to all of them and watch them worship u like a god!!

No need to thank me later wink

1 Like

Re: As A Teenage Landlord I Get Intimidated By My Tenants What Do I Do? by dingbang(m): 6:54am On Nov 17, 2016
Idydarling:
let that man try me, young or not, im go feel am for this regime, 5 months to pay a rent of just 80k? he's paying in installments you say?? some people need hot coal on their anus, make im try am with correct nigur, im for feel am
it seems Patience Ozokwor is ur mom grin

6 Likes

Re: As A Teenage Landlord I Get Intimidated By My Tenants What Do I Do? by dingbang(m): 6:55am On Nov 17, 2016
Call Buhari
Re: As A Teenage Landlord I Get Intimidated By My Tenants What Do I Do? by wizzlyd(m): 6:56am On Nov 17, 2016
grin grin grin grin grin
Demolish The House

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

CHEAP AND AFFORDABLE FURNITURE / Ambode Inspects Site Of Collapsed Lekki Gardens Building (photos) / Buying Land From Omonile Or Estate Company, Which Is Better In The Long Run?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.