Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,460 members, 7,816,079 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:59 AM

The N200m I Gave To Wike Was From My Savings, Not Government Money - Akpabio - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The N200m I Gave To Wike Was From My Savings, Not Government Money - Akpabio (38325 Views)

The Centre Of Corruption In Not Government But Regulator - Reno Omokri / Reno Omokri Accused Of Enjoying Abroad With Stolen Government Money; He Replies / 2019: We Won’t Use Government Money For Buhari's Campaign –lai Mohammed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

The N200m I Gave To Wike Was From My Savings, Not Government Money - Akpabio by EBMedia: 1:36am On Jun 19, 2023

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SeSJaswg_PY

Senate President, Godswill akpabio has made clarification on the money he gave to former Rivers State Governor, Nyesom Wike in 2014, IGBERETV reports.

Akpabio, a former Akwa Ibom State governor, spoke on Sunday at a thanksgiving reception held at Wike’s private residence on Ada-George Road, in his hometown, Rumueprikom in the Obio-Akpor Local Government Area of the oil-rich South-South state. Wike disclosed why he supported Akpabio for Senate Presidency, saying the former Akwa Ibom Governor defied criticisms to back his governorship ambition in 2015.

He said Akpabio donated N200 million to his campaign.

He said: “When I was running in 2014 and 2015, he came out and supported me. He gave me N200 million for that election. That is why I said one good turn deserves another. I supported him this time and I thank God he won”.

Reacting to Wike's statement, Akpabio said;

“The money I gave to Wike in 2014 when he was running for Governor was from my savings in the telecoms industry where I was a managing director, It was not from the government of Akwa Ibom State.”

https://igberetvnews.com/1446901/n200m-gave-wike-savings-government-money-akpabio/

16 Likes 5 Shares

Re: The N200m I Gave To Wike Was From My Savings, Not Government Money - Akpabio by TemplarLandry: 1:37am On Jun 19, 2023
cool

2 Likes

Re: The N200m I Gave To Wike Was From My Savings, Not Government Money - Akpabio by abibox02: 2:05am On Jun 19, 2023
Oshe grin Afunimawobe

113 Likes 5 Shares

Re: The N200m I Gave To Wike Was From My Savings, Not Government Money - Akpabio by Praxis758: 2:10am On Jun 19, 2023
No Nigerian law permits any elected political officer to run a private business simultaneously with the office he’s holding, so Akpabio should explain to us the type of business that fetched him that huge amount as a sitting governor.

Such an amount could only come from kickbacks, contracts inflation and state funds.

173 Likes 14 Shares

Re: The N200m I Gave To Wike Was From My Savings, Not Government Money - Akpabio by Passionnn: 3:36am On Jun 19, 2023
This Wike uncontrolled broken tap of a mouth will soon run all of them into big wahala

202 Likes 8 Shares

Re: The N200m I Gave To Wike Was From My Savings, Not Government Money - Akpabio by Depriest2020: 4:02am On Jun 19, 2023
The problem with Wike is that he doesn't know when, how, what to talk in public. He could have simply said Akpabio gave him full support and every necessary assistance needed during his campaign to be governor, since he knew Akpabio was a sitting governor then, to avoid this unnecessarily making Akpabio to make clarification.

185 Likes 11 Shares

Re: The N200m I Gave To Wike Was From My Savings, Not Government Money - Akpabio by Armaggedon: 4:24am On Jun 19, 2023
And the helpless citizens of their states are watching as their money keep changing hand.
Lol

84 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The N200m I Gave To Wike Was From My Savings, Not Government Money - Akpabio by Ireportlive: 4:32am On Jun 19, 2023
Praxis758:
No Nigerian law permits any elected political officer to run a private business simultaneously with the office he’s holding, so Akpabio should explain to us the type of business that fetched him that huge amount as a sitting governor.

Such an amount could only come from kickbacks, contracts inflation and state funds.

You can have shares and stakes in any company and that's not conflict of intrest

As long as you are not a director or staff

84 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The N200m I Gave To Wike Was From My Savings, Not Government Money - Akpabio by Alexiiydon: 4:55am On Jun 19, 2023
Lol the east should start holding their leaders for their woes and leave the Nigeria govt out of their problem this are the people who felt they can do better without being part of Nigeria imagine the embezzlement whey go they happen if they mistakenly get the Biafra nation they keep wailing about because I know people worst than this will be the one to rule them
Modified[b][/b] I had to say what I said because I want to know how stupid you guys really are so SS is not Biafra when it comes to criminality but you will force them to be part of you when it comes to your stupid Biafra you guys have grass upstairs for real no brain at all

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: The N200m I Gave To Wike Was From My Savings, Not Government Money - Akpabio by MTNnews: 5:00am On Jun 19, 2023
This man finish Pandora Peter Obi no wonder NL Oh o mod refuse to move the post to frontpage

https://www.nairaland.com/7732816/peter-obi-entertaining-nigerians-tribunal

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The N200m I Gave To Wike Was From My Savings, Not Government Money - Akpabio by lecowas: 5:14am On Jun 19, 2023
cheesy Wike wan finish Akpabio like Bulkachuwa. My man clarify sharperly. Wike should always resist the urge to shalaye

46 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The N200m I Gave To Wike Was From My Savings, Not Government Money - Akpabio by SpatialKing(m): 5:14am On Jun 19, 2023
See the kind of criminals Tinubu is working with

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: The N200m I Gave To Wike Was From My Savings, Not Government Money - Akpabio by favor914: 5:29am On Jun 19, 2023
SpatialKing:
See the kind of criminals Tinubu is working with
Presumed & Ex Pdp members like Peter Obi?

55 Likes

Re: The N200m I Gave To Wike Was From My Savings, Not Government Money - Akpabio by duduade: 5:44am On Jun 19, 2023
Sh...ame...less.... Politicians

4 Likes

Re: The N200m I Gave To Wike Was From My Savings, Not Government Money - Akpabio by Igwe9(m): 5:47am On Jun 19, 2023
Hmm
Re: The N200m I Gave To Wike Was From My Savings, Not Government Money - Akpabio by juman(m): 5:49am On Jun 19, 2023
Nigerian politicians, thieves.
EFCC is paper tiger.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The N200m I Gave To Wike Was From My Savings, Not Government Money - Akpabio by Moferere: 5:53am On Jun 19, 2023
But Akpabio too dash people money when he was the Governor

74 Likes 1 Share

Re: The N200m I Gave To Wike Was From My Savings, Not Government Money - Akpabio by Tinububalls: 5:54am On Jun 19, 2023
Alexiiydon:
Lol the east should start holding their leaders for their woes and leave the Nigeria govt out of their problem this are the people who felt they can do better without being part of Nigeria imagine the embezzlement whey go they happen if they mistakenly get the Biafra nation they keep wailing about because I know people worst than this will be the one to rule them
Are you okay?
Is Akpabio now from the East?

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The N200m I Gave To Wike Was From My Savings, Not Government Money - Akpabio by jumper524(m): 5:59am On Jun 19, 2023
Wike is the zazuu portable amongst politician.
Dude has absolutely no secret.
Every business when you run with am no dey ever dey private.

33 Likes

Re: The N200m I Gave To Wike Was From My Savings, Not Government Money - Akpabio by arantess: 6:01am On Jun 19, 2023
Damage control

Not like it matters in Nigeria because people are always at hand to support criminality

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: The N200m I Gave To Wike Was From My Savings, Not Government Money - Akpabio by arantess: 6:03am On Jun 19, 2023
Alexiiydon:
You are very foolish this Monday morning
Akpabio is from SE now?

You dreamt of SE people and woke to type shit

20 Likes

Re: The N200m I Gave To Wike Was From My Savings, Not Government Money - Akpabio by tesppidd: 6:05am On Jun 19, 2023
Wike very careless talker.

That's how he implicated Mary Odili after he won at Supreme Court in 2015.

"I will goan meet Odili in the midnight he will tell me go and see this person, go and see that person, see where we are today "

78 Likes 1 Share

Re: The N200m I Gave To Wike Was From My Savings, Not Government Money - Akpabio by otomatic(m): 6:07am On Jun 19, 2023
Praxis758:

He said the money was from his savings from when he was an MD in the telecoms sector.
He did not just become a governor from birth. He worked in other sectors before politics.
It is possible to have that amount working in the private sector depending on the industry and your level.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The N200m I Gave To Wike Was From My Savings, Not Government Money - Akpabio by honestivo(m): 6:18am On Jun 19, 2023
We don't need ur explanation , we all know how wicked Nigerian politicians are, this is from a state with massive poverty [b][/b]

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The N200m I Gave To Wike Was From My Savings, Not Government Money - Akpabio by press9jatv: 6:33am On Jun 19, 2023
See the lies and propaganda this one is displaying here. Keep it up ok. Ole gbe Ole gba style of government. At the end power is transient . You will leave that seat one day.

6 Likes

Re: The N200m I Gave To Wike Was From My Savings, Not Government Money - Akpabio by grandstar(m): 6:50am On Jun 19, 2023
N200m in 2014 was about $1.2m then.

$1.2m is 900m at today's black market. That must be some huge savings by Akpabio in his piggy bank.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: The N200m I Gave To Wike Was From My Savings, Not Government Money - Akpabio by virginchaser(m): 6:52am On Jun 19, 2023
Omo, 200m, dashed to a governorship aspirant by a sitting governor.

5 Likes

Re: The N200m I Gave To Wike Was From My Savings, Not Government Money - Akpabio by Betanaija42moro: 6:59am On Jun 19, 2023
Story

Politicians support each other for personal interest. Never you think is for the good of the masses.

2 Likes

Re: The N200m I Gave To Wike Was From My Savings, Not Government Money - Akpabio by Wealthoptulent(m): 7:08am On Jun 19, 2023

5 Likes

Re: The N200m I Gave To Wike Was From My Savings, Not Government Money - Akpabio by Oakenshield: 7:16am On Jun 19, 2023
Politicians and lies 😂🤣😂🤣🤣

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: The N200m I Gave To Wike Was From My Savings, Not Government Money - Akpabio by Jesusmystrength(f): 7:36am On Jun 19, 2023
Story story

5 Likes

Re: The N200m I Gave To Wike Was From My Savings, Not Government Money - Akpabio by EBMedia: 7:39am On Jun 19, 2023
nlfpmod

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Photos From Tinubu's Presidential Campaign In Jos, Plateau State / Police Surround Afrika Shrine To Prevent EndSARS Meeting / Dino Melaye: "Buhari, Sack Adeosun, Emefiele And Udoma"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.