Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,098 members, 7,814,858 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:05 PM

Outrageous School Fees Paid By Church Universities In Nigeria - Education (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Outrageous School Fees Paid By Church Universities In Nigeria (44931 Views)

What Is The Essence Of Acceptance Fees Paid By Students? / Falz And His Shenanigan Lamentations Against Nigerian Church Universities / Why Church Universities Are Expensive (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Outrageous School Fees Paid By Church Universities In Nigeria by eyinjuege: 9:07am On Feb 19, 2019
smeag0l:
Maybe they now have full time lecturers of their own but as at the time I was in school, covenant was loaning a lot of lecturers from most of the top south Western federal universities.

There's nothing like loaning. Those lecturers were probably working part time and earning extra pay, till they were sure of where the tide was going before resigning their federal appointments.
I'm sure many ASUU lecturers would jump at the opportunity of working in covenant without looking back if they had the chance.
Nigerian schools are frustrating even for lecturers, and most times their method of teaching is still 18th century. A great disservice has been done to Nigerian students, and that's why I can never fault private universities or their fees. Better to pay high fees and have quality students who can comfortably compete in the world than make half baked students who will struggle and have no idea of how things work. Have you seen the grammar of some tertiary school graduates? These are people that met the entry requirements (including english) into unis/polytecnics. What of the paying lecturers/sleeping with them norm that has to happen before you graduate from some of these public schools?
Until you school abroad and see the difference before you realise the nonsense going on in nigerian unis, where even lecturers plagiarize other people's work. Thank God for the internet and the various apps that can fish out the thieves.
Re: Outrageous School Fees Paid By Church Universities In Nigeria by eyinjuege: 9:09am On Feb 19, 2019
princfred:

This is exactly what i have been saying. But then, since theyve built universities, is the regualar church offering donations etc nationwide and even abroad not more than enough to subsidize the few universities to make it affordable for poor members or give high schorlarships?

The regular offerings , donations is not more than enough to subsidize any school fees. It's not practicable, and no need having unrealistic expectations.
Re: Outrageous School Fees Paid By Church Universities In Nigeria by princfred(m): 11:05am On Feb 19, 2019
eyinjuege:

The regular offerings , donations is not more than enough to subsidize any school fees. It's not practicable, and no need having unrealistic expectations.
Do you have a clue of what is realized from millions of worshipers nationwide and beyond every few days?

Not enough to subsidize but enough to loan to Liberia and buy /maintain jets abi?

Go and decieve your junior sister joor if you know bit decide to talk little sense.
Re: Outrageous School Fees Paid By Church Universities In Nigeria by smeag0l(m): 11:36am On Feb 19, 2019
I'm still yet to see anywhere that a private university gradiate in Nigeria is better than a federal university graduate. I work in one of the best organization's in Nigeria and in the world too and we have graduates from both private and public universities working for us. I also have friends in other companies of repute and I've never heard anywhere that a private uni grad is better than a public uni one in terms of performance at work. Only covenant uni grads come close. There are even a lot of other private unis apart from covenant and Madonna that can't pass my coy's employment aptituse test. The point I'm trying to make is that paying exorbitant fees in private unis in Nigeria doesn't make you a better graduate nor does it give you a competitive advantage over graduates from public unis. Being better is all about you working on yourself.
eyinjuege:

There's nothing like loaning. Those lecturers were probably working part time and earning extra pay, till they were sure of where the tide was going before resigning their federal appointments.
I'm sure many ASUU lecturers would jump at the opportunity of working in covenant without looking back if they had the chance.
Nigerian schools are frustrating even for lecturers, and most times their method of teaching is still 18th century. A great disservice has been done to Nigerian students, and that's why I can never fault private universities or their fees. Better to pay high fees and have quality students who can comfortably compete in the world than make half baked students who will struggle and have no idea of how things work. Have you seen the grammar of some tertiary school graduates? These are people that met the entry requirements (including english) into unis/polytecnics. What of the paying lecturers/sleeping with them norm that has to happen before you graduate from some of these public schools?
Until you school abroad and see the difference before you realise the nonsense going on in nigerian unis, where even lecturers plagiarize other people's work. Thank God for the internet and the various apps that can fish out the thieves.
Re: Outrageous School Fees Paid By Church Universities In Nigeria by eyinjuege: 12:19pm On Feb 19, 2019
princfred:
Do you have a clue of what is realized from millions of worshipers nationwide and beyond every few days?

Not enough to subsidize but enough to loan to Liberia and buy /maintain jets abi?

Go and decieve your junior sister joor if you know bit decide to talk little sense.

Please give us figures since you know.
Re: Outrageous School Fees Paid By Church Universities In Nigeria by eyinjuege: 2:25pm On Feb 19, 2019
smeag0l:
I'm still yet to see anywhere that a private university gradiate in Nigeria is better than a federal university graduate. I work in one of the best organization's in Nigeria and in the world too and we have graduates from both private and public universities working for us. I also have friends in other companies of repute and I've never heard anywhere that a private uni grad is better than a public uni one in terms of performance at work. Only covenant uni grads come close. There are even a lot of other private unis apart from covenant and Madonna that can't pass my coy's employment aptituse test. The point I'm trying to make is that paying exorbitant fees in private unis in Nigeria doesn't make you a better graduate nor does it give you a competitive advantage over graduates from public unis. Being better is all about you working on yourself.

Perhaps most private uni graduates are not better than public uni graduates, but private unis are meeting a need. The serious ones are competing favourably with the public unis which have been in existence decades before them.
Public unis are heavily subsidised by govt. One of them had a proposal on the fees they would charge normally, and it definitely was more than the private unis.
Education is very expensive, and even the federal govt despite the billions of dollars it generates monthly hasn't been able to maintain its universities to standard. And some people are insisting tithes and offering is enough to run these schools.
Nothing good comes cheap (my personal motto).
Re: Outrageous School Fees Paid By Church Universities In Nigeria by princfred(m): 3:42pm On Feb 19, 2019
eyinjuege:

Please give us figures since you know.
Please use your brain its not for decoration since you don't know.
Re: Outrageous School Fees Paid By Church Universities In Nigeria by eyinjuege: 5:01pm On Feb 19, 2019
princfred:
Please use your brain its not for decoration since you don't know.

You're a typical bungalow, with nothing upstairs.
No free lunch in Freetown.
Re: Outrageous School Fees Paid By Church Universities In Nigeria by princfred(m): 6:19pm On Feb 19, 2019
eyinjuege:

You're a typical bungalow, with nothing upstairs.
No free lunch in Freetown.
So this is where you display your goatish brain.
Re: Outrageous School Fees Paid By Church Universities In Nigeria by eyinjuege: 7:06pm On Feb 19, 2019
princfred:
So this is where you display your goatish brain.

Look at this e-diota.
Arindin
Re: Outrageous School Fees Paid By Church Universities In Nigeria by Tejiriseth(m): 4:37pm On Feb 26, 2019
Also from a very reliable source, we have numerous untapped natural resources..
About 2 years ago a rare gem stone was found somewhere in the east and it was chinese peeps students who discovered and minned it..
Not even our country men
asuustrike1:

From a reliable source. Money non dey as before oh everywhere is tight.
Re: Outrageous School Fees Paid By Church Universities In Nigeria by Tejiriseth(m): 4:37pm On Feb 26, 2019
Peeps who get free education give back to the government..
Its kinda hard to explain
CodeTemplar:
and how does the government get their money back?
Re: Outrageous School Fees Paid By Church Universities In Nigeria by CodeTemplar: 5:26pm On Feb 26, 2019
Tejiriseth:
Peeps who get free education give back to the government..
Its kinda hard to explain
They donate to the govt or they pay tax?
Explain it now...
Re: Outrageous School Fees Paid By Church Universities In Nigeria by CodeTemplar: 5:55pm On Feb 26, 2019
eyinjuege:

Perhaps most private uni graduates are not better than public uni graduates, but private unis are meeting a need. The serious ones are competing favourably with the public unis which have been in existence decades before them.
Public unis are heavily subsidised by govt. One of them had a proposal on the fees they would charge normally, and it definitely was more than the private unis.
Education is very expensive, and even the federal govt despite the billions of dollars it generates monthly hasn't been able to maintain its universities to standard. And some people are insisting tithes and offering is enough to run these schools.
Nothing good comes cheap (my personal motto).
It is funny seeing a private uni grad work and pay part of the tax that is used to fund or subsidize public school grads but get nothing but hate and ridicule from the public uni grads. Most public uni grads can even graduate and decide not to work but it is harder for the private uni grads to do same because the commitment towards their education is private.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Covenant University Officially Responds To Transcript Controversy / UE Nwama, Igwe’s Son Graduates As Best Student At The Nigerian Defence Academy / What Course Can Someone With This WAEC Result Study?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.