Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,419 members, 7,815,942 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:41 PM

Deprivation Of Groom's obligations: Bride's Family Sponsoring A Wedding Trend - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Deprivation Of Groom's obligations: Bride's Family Sponsoring A Wedding Trend (681 Views)

See Tribe Where A Man’s Manhood Must Be Tested By Bride’s Family Members / See Tribe Where A Man's Manhood Must Be Tested By Bride's Family Before Marriage / Fight At A Wedding: Groom Slept With Bridesmaid & It Was Discovered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Deprivation Of Groom's obligations: Bride's Family Sponsoring A Wedding Trend by hushshinani(m): 11:04pm On Nov 17, 2016
My fellow Nairalanders, this idea of a wife's family sponsoring a wedding thing keeps bugging me cos when i was in laspotech...

Back then one of my course-mate impregnated a rich man's daughter. The guy was aje pako (from average family) though.

The parents of the lady asked her to abort it but the girl insisted not to abort it...

So they ask her to bring him home... On getting there, he was asked several questions that made her parent knew he came from an average family and her parents sponsored there wedding...

I don't pray they seperate though but i haven't heard anything about them after we graduated...

What bugs me now is can the guy be free in the marriage or what do u think about it guys??

It may happen to anyone, so let's share ideas...

Your comment is welcomed...
Re: Deprivation Of Groom's obligations: Bride's Family Sponsoring A Wedding Trend by micfoley: 11:06pm On Nov 17, 2016
Weird, but it happens
Re: Deprivation Of Groom's obligations: Bride's Family Sponsoring A Wedding Trend by kinggogo: 11:09pm On Nov 17, 2016
Temme d name of d nollywood movie undecided grin
Re: Deprivation Of Groom's obligations: Bride's Family Sponsoring A Wedding Trend by hushshinani(m): 11:11pm On Nov 17, 2016
kinggogo:
Temme d name of d nollywood movie undecided grin
It realy happen back then when i was in school...
Re: Deprivation Of Groom's obligations: Bride's Family Sponsoring A Wedding Trend by Nobody: 11:17pm On Nov 17, 2016
Love is all that matters. Marriage goes beyond just the wedding day or other irrelevancies about the wedding ceremony.
Whether na Groom family sponsor wedding, whether na bride, or na partnership or joint venture, without love the marriage won't last. Wedding na just one day.

Lastmumu

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Deprivation Of Groom's obligations: Bride's Family Sponsoring A Wedding Trend by eph12(m): 11:25pm On Nov 17, 2016
hushshinani:
My fellow Nairalanders, this idea of a wife's family sponsoring a wedding thing keeps bugging me cos when i was in laspotech...

Back then one of my course-mate impregnated a rich man's daughter. The guy was aje pako (from average family) though.

The parents of the lady asked her to abort it but the girl insisted not to abort it...

So they ask her to bring him home... On getting there, he was asked several questions that made her parent knew he came from an average family and her parents sponsored there wedding...

I don't pray they seperate though but i haven't heard anything about them after we graduated...

What bugs me now is can the guy be free in the marriage or what do u think about it guys??

It may happen to anyone, so let's share ideas...

Your comment is welcomed...
Free from?
Re: Deprivation Of Groom's obligations: Bride's Family Sponsoring A Wedding Trend by hushshinani(m): 11:54pm On Nov 17, 2016
eph12:
Free from?
I mean... can he has the husband right on her
Re: Deprivation Of Groom's obligations: Bride's Family Sponsoring A Wedding Trend by Ajusshi: 12:28am On Nov 18, 2016
hushshinani:
I mean... can he has the husband right on her
And what do you mean by the ' husband right on her'?
Re: Deprivation Of Groom's obligations: Bride's Family Sponsoring A Wedding Trend by Noriegastu(m): 12:30am On Nov 18, 2016
so far respect isn't traded....but to me its kinda bad and irresponsible.no one pray for such son in law,no matta hw wealthy u r.
Re: Deprivation Of Groom's obligations: Bride's Family Sponsoring A Wedding Trend by anonymuz(m): 12:40am On Nov 18, 2016
I have a friend planning such thing.he is getting married dec.29 but has no kobo in his account,everything will be taken care by the bride and the family.
To be candid,its not proper cos you will lose your respect as a responsible man.no matter how it us a woman will always act as a woman.

1 Like

Re: Deprivation Of Groom's obligations: Bride's Family Sponsoring A Wedding Trend by hushshinani(m): 12:45am On Nov 18, 2016
Ajusshi:
And what do you mean by the ' husband right on her'?
you know some rich born are some time arrogant... she might decided that she wants to go somewhere and her husband might tell her not to go... she might let him realise his stay u know and remind him

1 Like

Re: Deprivation Of Groom's obligations: Bride's Family Sponsoring A Wedding Trend by anonymuz(m): 12:47am On Nov 18, 2016
Agreed...but on the long run,financial incapacity can make a marriage collapse as the woman feels she's the one taking care of bills. She will get tired of it one day.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Deprivation Of Groom's obligations: Bride's Family Sponsoring A Wedding Trend by hushshinani(m): 12:51am On Nov 18, 2016
anonymuz:
Agreed...but on the long run,financial incapacity can make a marriage collapse as the woman feels she's the one taking care of bills. She will get tired of it one day.
Ajusshi also see this post
Re: Deprivation Of Groom's obligations: Bride's Family Sponsoring A Wedding Trend by ednut1(m): 3:45pm On Nov 18, 2016
wetin concern u na, life has no manual

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Male Barbie, Bobrisky Arrested By Lagos Police For Beating Up Girl (pho / Do You Belive In Horoscope? / Awww So Romantic! Loved-up Couple Pose For The Camera

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.