Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,515 members, 7,819,859 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:52 AM

ASUU Strike- Union Vows Not To Back Down Until Demands Are Met - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU Strike- Union Vows Not To Back Down Until Demands Are Met (12518 Views)

ASUP Strike : "No Going Back On Indefinite Strike" - Union / ASUU Strike: No Work No Pay Policy Will Prolong Strike – Union / Kogi: We Are Ready To Suspend Strike As Soon As Demands Are Met – Lecturers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ASUU Strike- Union Vows Not To Back Down Until Demands Are Met by lesaug: 7:21am On Nov 18, 2016
undecided undecided undecided
Re: ASUU Strike- Union Vows Not To Back Down Until Demands Are Met by LMandela(m): 7:25am On Nov 18, 2016
Isokay!
Re: ASUU Strike- Union Vows Not To Back Down Until Demands Are Met by Idenyidanielewa(m): 7:25am On Nov 18, 2016
All thier childrenx ar nt skulin in dis con3 dat is y all dis is happenin nah...there is God oo
Re: ASUU Strike- Union Vows Not To Back Down Until Demands Are Met by AkupeMBANO(m): 7:30am On Nov 18, 2016
Buhari is a clown.
Re: ASUU Strike- Union Vows Not To Back Down Until Demands Are Met by Eberex(m): 7:31am On Nov 18, 2016
when Jonathan was there and even when he was a former lecturer they still went on strike. now you have Pmb who I don't think education is his top priority
Re: ASUU Strike- Union Vows Not To Back Down Until Demands Are Met by fendorf(m): 7:31am On Nov 18, 2016
We r observing
Re: ASUU Strike- Union Vows Not To Back Down Until Demands Are Met by truthspeaks: 7:32am On Nov 18, 2016
Bros dats y they r a union - to collectively fight for their pockets
ednut1:
ASUU shud be banned because they are only fighting for their pockets. be like unilorin and ban dis mofos abeg
Re: ASUU Strike- Union Vows Not To Back Down Until Demands Are Met by dungburu: 7:34am On Nov 18, 2016
Pls who be ASUU? Is it a name of a foot ball club.
In the era of Jonathan, ASUU were behaving like over - pampered child because of the extreme leniency of Goodluck, they were wagging tail and getting full salary even before the end of the month.

They were calling Goodluck all sort of names, they would just wake at the middle of the night and embark on strike. Bt now d dullard is paying u half salary and almost nothing. He introduced TSA and u are all crying. (Una never chi chum chin)
Mind u, d dullard will still rule 2019 to give u pound ur of flesh and by then he must have sacked most of u. Who ASUU helped?

That reminds me the era of Abacha when he was informed about ASUU's attempt to embark on strike. He asked " Who is ASSU, go and arrest him" They told him ASUU IS not a person, it is an association... Lol. Abacha is even more literate than d dullard living on the rock.

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Strike- Union Vows Not To Back Down Until Demands Are Met by lawal28c: 7:35am On Nov 18, 2016
golor:
What could really be the problem ! Are the demands extreme? Why promise what you can't fulfill ? Why not fulfill this demand with an agreement of ASUU not demand with a stipulated years? Why can't the government for once make us proud ? Why can't they shift the blame to ASUU by fulfilling this demand, so when they embark on strike in a short run ,we stand by the government . Personally what ASUU wants now is toake sure the government put their needs in the 2017 budget with the assurance of fulfilling it and I see nothing difficult in doing that, worst come to worst use the recovered looted money to settle this men , the promise is long and they have the right to strike if the government show no remorse of fulfilment.

Am loosing faith in this government I swear down, just do this thing ones and for all.
nt just this govt bross didnt u read btw d lines?na since 2009 so it has been like diz witf d past administrations....God naim go help us for naija o
Re: ASUU Strike- Union Vows Not To Back Down Until Demands Are Met by Prectega(m): 7:35am On Nov 18, 2016
3Dobserver:
Continue....

Yeye child

All ur children are schooling abroad or in private universities... God is watching
u fucking kidding right.... Are you the one sponsoring them or you think going to a private uni or abroad is beans
Re: ASUU Strike- Union Vows Not To Back Down Until Demands Are Met by Nobody: 7:36am On Nov 18, 2016

ndi ara ASUU mere m kam guo engineering for good 6years and 6 months...

obururu Na ha gbaaa strike ugbuo,ndi nzuzu ga akarisi Na Nairaland..
Re: ASUU Strike- Union Vows Not To Back Down Until Demands Are Met by ednut1(m): 7:37am On Nov 18, 2016
truthspeaks:
Bros dats y they r a union - to collectively fight for their pockets
and frustrate innocent students abi.
Re: ASUU Strike- Union Vows Not To Back Down Until Demands Are Met by Nobody: 7:39am On Nov 18, 2016
oya never back down: no surrender
Re: ASUU Strike- Union Vows Not To Back Down Until Demands Are Met by anonymuz(m): 7:42am On Nov 18, 2016
Are you the one sponsoring them or you think going to a private uni or abroad is beans

Tell the goat.
Re: ASUU Strike- Union Vows Not To Back Down Until Demands Are Met by truthspeaks: 7:43am On Nov 18, 2016
No nt dat. U mentioned dat they only fight for their pockets n had to emphasise dats wat they r thr for n not for d good of students or Nigerians.

Let thr be a law dat all Nigerian elected officials n appointees must send their kids to Nigerian schools n u ll see a dramatic change in our edu sector
ednut1:
and frustrate innocent students abi.
Re: ASUU Strike- Union Vows Not To Back Down Until Demands Are Met by BankManager(m): 7:46am On Nov 18, 2016
So, one of ASUU's demands is that Federal Universities be removed from TSA...Seriously!!
Re: ASUU Strike- Union Vows Not To Back Down Until Demands Are Met by autonomous22: 7:46am On Nov 18, 2016
Hmmm, dat means d strike would last for years o, coz bubu n federal govmnt does not v listening ears.....
Re: ASUU Strike- Union Vows Not To Back Down Until Demands Are Met by maestro29(m): 7:47am On Nov 18, 2016
Godswillnwaoma:
I wish and pray unizik will diasocciate herself from this ASUU STRIKE, because i just paid my house rent.
Unizik belongs to ASUU
Re: ASUU Strike- Union Vows Not To Back Down Until Demands Are Met by Stanyvic(m): 7:50am On Nov 18, 2016
bjboss:
FUTA is facing internal issue and now ASUU is planning their own.... #all_this_pain_we_are_sharing_together...there is God oooo
Oga mi, I tire oo, I even heard the issh is getting worse... After 4 months sessional break, Futa started their wahala and now ASUU is kick starting their annual festival as usual, Na Only God fit save us o
#PrayForFuta

1 Like

Re: ASUU Strike- Union Vows Not To Back Down Until Demands Are Met by Nobody: 7:51am On Nov 18, 2016
They said one week warning strike initially. Where the heck is two week coming from? embarassed embarassed
Re: ASUU Strike- Union Vows Not To Back Down Until Demands Are Met by Nobody: 7:57am On Nov 18, 2016
Godswillnwaoma:
I wish and pray unizik will diasocciate herself from this ASUU STRIKE, because i just paid my house rent.
And months are counting for next rent to be due
Re: ASUU Strike- Union Vows Not To Back Down Until Demands Are Met by Nobody: 7:59am On Nov 18, 2016
psalmjohn:
*I was made to understand its a week warning strike, how did you come about two weeks @mr poster *
Copy and paste things
Re: ASUU Strike- Union Vows Not To Back Down Until Demands Are Met by holysainbj(m): 8:03am On Nov 18, 2016
ednut1:
ASUU shud be banned because they are only fighting for their pockets. be like unilorin and ban dis mofos abeg

What can I even say to you? fighting for their pockets bawo? do u know they have only being paid 30% of their salaries for months now? do u know they reached an agreement with d FG Wich they have failed to honour? how shameless ...and upon all dat do u know they reduced budgetary allocation to education?
you are saying ban ASUU, let them be banned and watch wat becomes of us
Re: ASUU Strike- Union Vows Not To Back Down Until Demands Are Met by Max24: 8:04am On Nov 18, 2016
Now, Nigerians will know the true meaning of APCs change. Why it is dangerous to give job to a man u never interviewed for the job. Unlike US, where Trump and Hilary Debate their plans and implementations to their citizens, no such debate held in Nigeria. Only empty promises. Wishes with no know-how of implementation . Hope Nigerians will be wiser by 2019.
Re: ASUU Strike- Union Vows Not To Back Down Until Demands Are Met by Nobody: 8:16am On Nov 18, 2016
golor:
What could really be the problem ! Are the demands extreme? Why promise what you can't fulfill ? Why not fulfill this demand with an agreement of ASUU not demand with a stipulated years? Why can't the government for once make us proud ? Why can't they shift the blame to ASUU by fulfilling this demand, so when they embark on strike in a short run ,we stand by the government . Personally what ASUU wants now is toake sure the government put their needs in the 2017 budget with the assurance of fulfilling it and I see nothing difficult in doing that, worst come to worst use the recovered looted money to settle this men , the promise is long and they have the right to strike if the government show no remorse of fulfilment.

Am loosing faith in this government I swear down, just do this thing ones and for all.
Was it this govt that made the agreement with ASUU. Why didn't the govt that made agreement with them fulfill their promise? Their demand is that they want more funding, who doesn't want more funding in Nigeria, what have they been doing with the money given to them since.

1 Like

Re: ASUU Strike- Union Vows Not To Back Down Until Demands Are Met by Nobody: 8:17am On Nov 18, 2016
Mtchewwwu
Re: ASUU Strike- Union Vows Not To Back Down Until Demands Are Met by tetula123(m): 8:23am On Nov 18, 2016
Godswillnwaoma:
bros oparadu na till one year time em go call am of,we can as well sell the room off..its close to farouz na
Re: ASUU Strike- Union Vows Not To Back Down Until Demands Are Met by Collins0609(m): 8:29am On Nov 18, 2016
ASUU and strike.but y will d federal govt b shortchanging our academic staffs,y collecting millions daily
Re: ASUU Strike- Union Vows Not To Back Down Until Demands Are Met by Alancha1: 8:30am On Nov 18, 2016
crazydude1:
even me too....
Re: ASUU Strike- Union Vows Not To Back Down Until Demands Are Met by nwajesus12(m): 9:01am On Nov 18, 2016
Godswillnwaoma:
ONE CHANCE
Re: ASUU Strike- Union Vows Not To Back Down Until Demands Are Met by olamy2000(m): 9:48am On Nov 18, 2016
Sinciddy:
Wait I thought it was a week's strike
no mind am jare.fake news everywhere

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Transcripts Vs Statement Of Result.......any Difference? / Court Stops El-rufai From Sacking 21,780 Kaduna Teachers / Delta State University Post Utme 2013/2014 Admission Thread(info,purchases,etc)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.