Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,959 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:02 AM

Fg Approves Construction Of Anambra Airport - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fg Approves Construction Of Anambra Airport (17807 Views)

Fashola Approves Construction Of 70 Roads. / NSUK: Jonathan Approves Construction Of Boreholes / FG Approves Construction Of A City In Abuja As Venue For Nigeria @100 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fg Approves Construction Of Anambra Airport by koolchicco: 6:22pm On Nov 04, 2009
Oboma1:

Are you still here, Please Nairaland, do something.

U must be sniffing some cheap drugs or somthing.
Re: Fg Approves Construction Of Anambra Airport by manny4life(m): 6:24pm On Nov 04, 2009
Oboma1:

Fine, what a nice contribution, but I must add, Sokoto International airport used to be very viable in the 80's. Nigeria Airways used to connect Niamey from there, one three flights weekly. This is far from the normal local flights. Even Calabar, used to connect Malabo, during the era of Nigeria Airways. So, whatever airport that was termed International then, used to fly International indeed. Today, due to decay in infrastructure, non of them will have the liver to even answer International. So, Nigerians mentality is intact. You cross check your information before putting them across. Nigerians are not fools, please.

If they did all of this wonderful things, other than Lagos, Abuja, Enugu and Port Harcourt international, give me the codes of other international airports in Nigeria including this one so I can look it up because if it was assigned, it would still be active. Besides, if they were so wise and knew it would be far from operating on international standards, why put it or better yet since its seized international operations, why do they still have the name as international? Don't u think its misleading? Even in the U.S, all non international airports don't have the word "international" attached to it.
Re: Fg Approves Construction Of Anambra Airport by Oboma1(m): 6:33pm On Nov 04, 2009
manny4life:

If they did all of this wonderful things, other than Lagos, Abuja, Enugu and Port Harcourt international, give me the codes of other international airports in Nigeria including this one so I can look it up because if it was assigned, it would still be active.

Yes, you might be correct asking for these codes, but I will also like to remind here that, those days, everything was manual. Infact, you need to see the procedure used at those airports those days. Even in our best airports, when did we engage e-ticketing? Go to Lagos airport today, so many things are still lacking. You know what, you are using the eyes of US airports to view my comments. Come back home and see the realities of a third world country.
Re: Fg Approves Construction Of Anambra Airport by Oboma1(m): 6:36pm On Nov 04, 2009
koolchicco:

U must be sniffing some cheap drugs or somthing.

I dont have any reasonable comment for you, because I can see you need unreasonables ones. Enjoy your ability to rant!
Re: Fg Approves Construction Of Anambra Airport by koolchicco: 6:45pm On Nov 04, 2009
Oboma1:

I dont have any reasonable comment for you, because I can see you need unreasonables ones. Enjoy your ability to rant!

If u didn't respond to me unreasonably, then I wouldn't have paid u back wit your own coin. cool

Of course, there's no beauty in ugliness. . is there
Re: Fg Approves Construction Of Anambra Airport by Oboma1(m): 6:48pm On Nov 04, 2009
koolchicco:

If u didn't respond to me unreasonably, then I wouldn't have paid u back wit your own coin. cool

Of course, there's no beauty in ugliness. . is there

Well, I wont say you are making sense, but I want issues discussed the way they should be. Look at Manny4life, he is discussing maturedly, and I expect same from you.
Re: Fg Approves Construction Of Anambra Airport by onyengbu1(m): 6:48pm On Nov 04, 2009
For those who wants anambra people to use asaba airport, I will say both shame on you and might your prayer for anambra people  come true in your own state.

@ Post,

I can only tell you people that our governor is only playing games. This is just another of his propaganda.  It works fine for him though.

Has anyone of you guys been to awka lately? If you do, you will not believe that you are in a local government headquater town not to talk of a state capital. Awka will compete for having the worst amenities in all the eastern states.

For a man who sent RCC parking on inception of his tenure,  I wonder whether it is with funny construction companies like PAUL B and PACHUKS that he intends to build his airport?

The Governor is unleashing  his last propaganda machine on the media for his re election but he is failing already because people have seen him for the crook that he is.
Re: Fg Approves Construction Of Anambra Airport by jona2: 6:54pm On Nov 04, 2009
OvieE:

What kind of business. The kidnapping or the state that lead in arm robbers. Ohhhh, I think is both.
Re: Fg Approves Construction Of Anambra Airport by Uche2nna(m): 7:04pm On Nov 04, 2009
manny4life:

True that there are certain goods you cannot transport by air but yes people would pay money to get their goods to their destaination fast and its not that expensive as you might think because they are consolidating several goods into one, less insurance and minimized risk. Moreover, they go by weight and distance in NM when freighting and if I'm correct, a normal flight from lagos to onitsha should be about 200NM, about 45 - 60 mins, operable by a 737 converted to a freighter can lift almost 187,000lbs of weight and that's with full fuel for a maximum range of almost 4,500NM (Lagos to Newyork). Like I said, airlines calulate by NM and the average cost per N/M is about $.0.13, and since each seats (200lbs) represent a piece of cargo * by a 200 NM trip would be, $0.13*1*200 = $26, calculate that in to (N), that should be what your cost is. This would be a lot cheaper than passenger because passengers are assigned 200lbs slots regardless of flown or not, but cargo you adjust based on demands and so on. Yes people who want to deliver bulk cargo more so on a flight can do it.

LOL!!!

Anyways, I wont go arguing with you before it seems that I am against the airport being built. But I must say this, ur calculations made my day. LOL!!!! grin

Bottom line is Airport or no Airport, we need good roads. Lets crawl first before we start thinking about running a marathon.

I am really cracking up about ur calculations!!!!! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Fg Approves Construction Of Anambra Airport by Uche2nna(m): 7:07pm On Nov 04, 2009
onye_ngbu:

@ Post,

I can only tell you people that our governor is only playing games. This is just another of his propaganda.  It works fine for him though.

Thats actually what I am worried about. sad
Re: Fg Approves Construction Of Anambra Airport by manny4life(m): 7:11pm On Nov 04, 2009
Look its ok to laugh, I really support it, and neither have I said that you was objecting either, but hey if I pay a flight from DC to NY for $49 on Southwest or Jetblue, even cheaper if I get a bargain which is almost same distance or longer, I guess you have all reaons in the world to laugh. Again we not arguing, but realize that is not every one that wants to use longer alternatives.

I did not say we don't need good roads either, but hey,

Hey we can all laugh together, it doesn't cost anyting, does it ?  grin grin
Re: Fg Approves Construction Of Anambra Airport by scottN(m): 7:17pm On Nov 04, 2009
First Akwa-Ibom, then Anambra, I wonder who's next (very typical of Nigerians)? Meanwhile our Road transport system is nothing to write home about talk less of the Rail and Water Ways. Either ways congrats to those states since they see it as some form of development  undecided
Re: Fg Approves Construction Of Anambra Airport by mekuslogan: 7:17pm On Nov 04, 2009
Posted by Ovie, the Bini male prostitute in Italy

What kind of business. The kidnapping or the state that lead in arm robbers. Ohhhh, I think is both.

Gunmen Kidnap Senator’s Wife in Benin
From Adibe Emenyonu in Benin, 11.04.2009

Unknown gunmen yesterday abducted the wife of Senator Francis Okpozo, Anna,  in Benin, Edo state capital. Mrs. Okpozo, a pastor with Christ Embassy Church at the Erediauwa branch, off Ekehuan Road was reportedly kidnapped at about 9 a.m Monday from her house, No. 10, Abu Street, shortly after a prayer session with her family members. Her husband, Sen. Francis Okpozo, an outspoken politician was said to have traveled at the time of the incident. Her two sons with whom she prayed had reportedly just left the house when the kidnappers struck.
According to eye witness, the kidnappers, four in number,  had pulled up and parked their white Audi car to block the gate of the compound. While two of the kidnappers were said to have gained access to the compound, the other two remained inside the car.
It was learnt that before her abductors took her away, they searched everywhere in the house and took along with them some valuables and thereafter phoned Sen. Okpozo, demanding  a N5 million ransom before they could release her.
The kidnap of Mrs. Okpozo is the second incident to happen to the well respected politician in less than a month. On October 13 this year, unknown gunmen had broken into his country home at Ozoro in Isoko North local government area of Delta state at night and shot one of his nephews severally on his legs.
The Senator was also not at home during the incident. Several of Senator Okpozo’s associates who visited him yesterday condemned the kidnap of his wife, saying  the latest incident is “one too many’ and called on the kidnappers to release his wife immediately to enable her re-unite with her family.
At press time yesterday, several callers besieged the Senator’s house, even as the incident is said to have been reported to the police.
Re: Fg Approves Construction Of Anambra Airport by jona2: 7:19pm On Nov 04, 2009
ovie is isoko abi urhobo.up Delta state. grin cool
Re: Fg Approves Construction Of Anambra Airport by Enjoyment1(f): 7:20pm On Nov 04, 2009
Hey, I will suggest that, the roads be fixed irrespective of whether they build the airport or not.
Re: Fg Approves Construction Of Anambra Airport by jona2: 7:20pm On Nov 04, 2009
*jona:

[/quote
up Anambra state.lol.home for all cannibals,criminals,419ers,okija shrine etc,
Re: Fg Approves Construction Of Anambra Airport by jona2: 7:21pm On Nov 04, 2009
cool ;d
Re: Fg Approves Construction Of Anambra Airport by jona2: 7:29pm On Nov 04, 2009
How am I sure the kidnapers did not come from Anambra?The government should ensure the Onitsha head bridge is closely monitored because most of these kidnappers are known wanderers. grin
Re: Fg Approves Construction Of Anambra Airport by onyengbu1(m): 7:30pm On Nov 04, 2009
*jona:

How am I sure the kidnapers did not come from Anambra?The government should ensure the Onitsha head bridge is closely monitored because most of these kidnappers are known wanderers. grin

Looser! mmonwu guy grin  grin

E be like say u dey high on 404 pepper soup?
Re: Fg Approves Construction Of Anambra Airport by jona2: 7:31pm On Nov 04, 2009
onye_ngbu:

Looser! mmonwu guy grin grin

E be like say u dey high on 404 pepper soup?
igbos eat that. shocked
Re: Fg Approves Construction Of Anambra Airport by OvieE: 7:36pm On Nov 04, 2009
*jona:

ovie is isoko abi urhobo.up Delta state. grin cool

Yes I'm Urhobo. Yes Up Delta State.

mekuslogan:

Posted by Ovie, the Bini male prostitute in Italy

Gunmen Kidnap Senator’s Wife in Benin
From Adibe Emenyonu in Benin, 11.04.2009

Unknown gunmen yesterday abducted the wife of Senator Francis Okpozo, Anna, in Benin, Edo state capital. Mrs. Okpozo, a pastor with Christ Embassy Church at the Erediauwa branch, off Ekehuan Road was reportedly kidnapped at about 9 a.m Monday from her house, No. 10, Abu Street, shortly after a prayer session with her family members. Her husband, Sen. Francis Okpozo, an outspoken politician was said to have traveled at the time of the incident. Her two sons with whom she prayed had reportedly just left the house when the kidnappers struck.
According to eye witness, the kidnappers, four in number, had pulled up and parked their white Audi car to block the gate of the compound. While two of the kidnappers were said to have gained access to the compound, the other two remained inside the car.
It was learnt that before her abductors took her away, they searched everywhere in the house and took along with them some valuables and thereafter phoned Sen. Okpozo, demanding a N5 million ransom before they could release her.
The kidnap of Mrs. Okpozo is the second incident to happen to the well respected politician in less than a month. On October 13 this year, unknown gunmen had broken into his country home at Ozoro in Isoko North local government area of Delta state at night and shot one of his nephews severally on his legs.
The Senator was also not at home during the incident. Several of Senator Okpozo’s associates who visited him yesterday condemned the kidnap of his wife, saying the latest incident is “one too many’ and called on the kidnappers to release his wife immediately to enable her re-unite with her family.
At press time yesterday, several callers besieged the Senator’s house, even as the incident is said to have been reported to the police.

What a loser. If you and you parents base in Italy doing prostitute just say so. As for me, have a decent job base in New York City.
Re: Fg Approves Construction Of Anambra Airport by onyengbu1(m): 7:39pm On Nov 04, 2009
OvieE:

Yes I'm Urhobo. Yes Up Delta State.

What a loser. If you and you parents base in Italy doing prostitute just say so. As for me, have a decent job base in New York City.
Abia!!! anyi anugo!
*jona:

igbos eat that. shocked

Na lie, u no be igbo!!

na your people de call champion, nyampiom! grin grin
Re: Fg Approves Construction Of Anambra Airport by Uche2nna(m): 7:41pm On Nov 04, 2009
@ Manny

I was laughing at ur calculations cause, well, let me just say , it was funny LOL!!!

Lets take Lagos-Enugu axis for example, a round trip will cost U about 20,000 naira and thats economy class.  Compare that to a round trip using one of those luxurious buses, 5,000 naira will do the trick and thats u traveling first class  grin If u are road savvy and dont mind discomfort, U can do the trip for half of that. That difference alone have shot ur over head cost up by 25 percent. Factor in the cost of transporting the goods and U will end up selling the goods to ghosts when U get back to ur destination.

U see why I didnt want to go into all this cos now I am sounding as if I am anti-airport.

If they (FG or state govt) really want to help let them focus on the already existing roads instead of making bogus promises that we know will never see the light of  the day. Another avenue for some pot-bellied politician to make money.
Re: Fg Approves Construction Of Anambra Airport by jona2: 7:43pm On Nov 04, 2009
undecided
your igbo people and their igbotic and Anambara accent.lol.
Re: Fg Approves Construction Of Anambra Airport by Enjoyment1(f): 7:44pm On Nov 04, 2009
Do we have anti-kidnappers squad grin grin grin, or may I say Post-kidnappers squad in the Nigerian Police?   tongue tongue tongue

Anyway, I think we were talking about how to build an airport in Anambra!.
Re: Fg Approves Construction Of Anambra Airport by manny4life(m): 7:54pm On Nov 04, 2009
Uche2nna:

@ Manny

I was laughing at your calculations cause, well, let me just say , it was funny LOL!!!

Lets take Lagos-Enugu axis for example, a round trip will cost U about 20,000 naira and thats economy class.  Compare that to a round trip using one of those luxurious buses, 5,000 naira will do the trick and thats u traveling first class  grin If u are road savvy and dont mind discomfort, U can do the trip for half of that. That difference alone have shot your over head cost up by 25 percent. Factor in the cost of transporting the goods and U will end up selling the goods to ghosts when U get back to your destination.

U see why I didnt want to go into all this cos now I am sounding as if I am anti-airport.

If they (FG or state govt) really want to help let them focus on the already existing roads instead of making bogus promises that we know will never see the light of  the day. Another avenue for some pot-bellied politician to make money.

First off paying almost $170 for a round trip for less than an hr trip is a total rip-off, however, from a business perspective, I see your point anyway. I don't know about the traders though, but some people like me who are on-the-go wouldn't want to take luxury buses, I don't know maybe 6hrs or more even if its first class, I rather fly coach and reach my destination by the next hour worst case 90 mins.

Reason why I have to come to Nigeria and establish my small scale airline ,  haha grin grin grin
Re: Fg Approves Construction Of Anambra Airport by onyengbu1(m): 7:57pm On Nov 04, 2009
Enjoyment1:

Do we have anti-kidnappers squad grin grin grin, or may I say Post-kidnappers squad in the Nigerian Police?   tongue tongue tongue

Anyway, I think we were talking about how to build an airport in Anambra!.

so wats ur contribution on the topic.
Re: Fg Approves Construction Of Anambra Airport by Enjoyment1(f): 8:04pm On Nov 04, 2009
Read the whole post first.
Re: Fg Approves Construction Of Anambra Airport by onyengbu1(m): 8:07pm On Nov 04, 2009
who?

Me? For your sake?

Mba.
Re: Fg Approves Construction Of Anambra Airport by Oboma1(m): 8:10pm On Nov 04, 2009
Igbo Kwenu! grin grin grin
Re: Fg Approves Construction Of Anambra Airport by Uche2nna(m): 8:18pm On Nov 04, 2009
manny4life:

Reason why I have to come to Nigeria and establish my small scale airline ,  haha grin grin grin

We will welcome that LOL!!!
Re: Fg Approves Construction Of Anambra Airport by kcjazz(m): 8:25pm On Nov 04, 2009
Does Anambra deserve an airport? Yes!

Is the airport going to solve its transportation crisis? No

The main city of Onitsha needs more than an airport to ease the transportation of cargo in and out of the city.
Why is the government not thinking of a rail way system to move this heavy goods, its cheaper in the long run.
Why is the state government not thinking of the rail system? Is it not sexy enough to buy votes?
The rail tracks are there just make them functional, that is cheaper for business people, saves the destruction on our roads caused by 911 cargo trucks, lives are saved, Onitsha bridge gets a lifeline (I fear it will collapse soon).
To solve traffic problems we must be thinking of moving more people efficiently using either the sea or rail.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ekiti Govt Begins Work At Airport Site / Ben Bruce Congratulates Seyi Makinde, Oyo PDP Governor-Elect / Onnoghen’s Conviction, Jihad Against Christians –NCEF

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.