Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,228 members, 7,815,293 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:19 AM

Fg Approves Construction Of Anambra Airport - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fg Approves Construction Of Anambra Airport (17811 Views)

Fashola Approves Construction Of 70 Roads. / NSUK: Jonathan Approves Construction Of Boreholes / FG Approves Construction Of A City In Abuja As Venue For Nigeria @100 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fg Approves Construction Of Anambra Airport by manny4life(m): 8:28pm On Nov 04, 2009
Uche2nna:

We will welcome that LOL!!!

Hey if I could, why not. Damn, airlines are ripping them off man.

kcjazz:

Does Anambra deserve an airport? Yes!

Is the airport going to solve its transportation crisis? No

The main city of Onitsha needs more than an airport to ease the transportation of cargo in and out of the city.
Why is the government not thinking of a rail way system to move this heavy goods, its cheaper in the long run.
Why is the state government not thinking of the rail system? Is it not sexy enough to buy votes?
The rail tracks are there just make them functional, that is cheaper for business people, saves the destruction on our roads caused by 911 cargo trucks, lives are saved, Onitsha bridge gets a lifeline (I fear it will collapse soon).
To solve traffic problems we must be thinking of moving more people efficiently using either the sea or rail.

Absolutely right. Besides, how do u mean by 911 cargo trucks? Is that supposed to be police trucks?
Re: Fg Approves Construction Of Anambra Airport by kcjazz(m): 9:04pm On Nov 04, 2009
Absolutely right. Besides, how do u mean by 911 cargo trucks? Is that supposed to be police trucks?
[quote][/quote]

lol No they are not police trucks, "911 trucks" are heavy duty trailers that transfer cargo, containers etc
Re: Fg Approves Construction Of Anambra Airport by jona2: 9:05pm On Nov 04, 2009
:-x
Re: Fg Approves Construction Of Anambra Airport by slimes(m): 9:13pm On Nov 04, 2009
One thing at a time. Dredging of the Lower Niger has not been completed and another major project is going on within the same region. Well, am not against more airports after all each state in the USA has more than 50 airports.
Re: Fg Approves Construction Of Anambra Airport by CHANCEMAN: 9:33pm On Nov 04, 2009
Looking at those figures presented by manny4life the average cost of a seat for a oneway trip should be about 4-5k in naira($26).It could actually be cheaper to transport large volumes of cargo.The issue here should be will the airport contribute positively to the society or not that should be the argument here not viability many airports in the developed world are not economically viable but that does not stop them from expanding or building new ones.
Re: Fg Approves Construction Of Anambra Airport by Fhemmmy: 9:40pm On Nov 04, 2009
Soon, every state will start to build the backup airport.
Re: Fg Approves Construction Of Anambra Airport by babapupa: 9:47pm On Nov 04, 2009
Who cares? Building airports is the new cool.

Unfortunately, the people's money is involved and we all know haw this story is gonna end.
Re: Fg Approves Construction Of Anambra Airport by Nobody: 9:50pm On Nov 04, 2009
THIS WILL RESULT IN BAD BUSINBESS FOR BIG TIME TRANSPOTTERS IN ANAMBRA STATE.
ANYWAY I SUPPORT THE IDEA AND PRAY THAT IT WILL NOT BE AN ABANDOINED PROJECT.
BUT, I THINK A PORTION OF LAND WAS MADE AVAILABLE FOR AN AIRPORT AT OBA,ANAMBRA STATE, WHY MOVE IT TO SOMEWHERE ELSE?
Re: Fg Approves Construction Of Anambra Airport by mekuslogan: 9:51pm On Nov 04, 2009
babapupa:

Who cares? Building airports is the new cool.

Unfortunately, the people's money is involved and we all know haw this story is gonna end.

Why should this be different from the airport that Fasola is proposeing for Lekki? Is that one the people's money and where is it gonna end?
Re: Fg Approves Construction Of Anambra Airport by babapupa: 9:56pm On Nov 04, 2009
mekuslogan:

Why should this be different from the airport that Fasola is proposeing for Lekki? Is that one the people's money and where is it gonna end?

Very predictable. It didn't take long to drag in Fashola.

The Obvious difference is the fact that the new LEKKI airport is 100% private.

It's OK to provide incentives like tax breaks, free or subsidized land, but Governments shouldn't be building airports.
Re: Fg Approves Construction Of Anambra Airport by mekuslogan: 10:00pm On Nov 04, 2009
babapupa:

It's OK to provide incentives like tax breaks, free or subsidized land, but Governments shouldn't be building airports.

Did you read that the airport will be built in conjunction with Orient petroleum which is completely private?
Re: Fg Approves Construction Of Anambra Airport by manny4life(m): 10:01pm On Nov 04, 2009
kcjazz:

lol No they are not police trucks, "911 trucks" are heavy duty trailers that transfer cargo, containers etc

Thanks for the reply, did not know that, now I know.

babapupa link=topic=347129.msg4862968#msg4862968 date=1257368163:

Is that supposed to be in general or particularly for Lagos state, Nigeria ?
Re: Fg Approves Construction Of Anambra Airport by babapupa: 10:04pm On Nov 04, 2009
mekuslogan:

Did you read that the airport will be built in conjunction with Orient petroleum which is completely private?

Conjunction and completely private have 2 different meaning. Try again.
Re: Fg Approves Construction Of Anambra Airport by babapupa: 10:07pm On Nov 04, 2009
manny4life:

Is that supposed to be in general or particularly for Lagos state, Nigeria?

In general,
Re: Fg Approves Construction Of Anambra Airport by manny4life(m): 10:11pm On Nov 04, 2009
babapupa:

In general,

Really? Just curious is there any particular law or guideline that prohibits the govt, better yet that says "governments shouldn't be building airports" or is that your personal view?
Re: Fg Approves Construction Of Anambra Airport by toshacer: 10:13pm On Nov 04, 2009
I expect this thread to go into 100 pages of argument as to why an airport is needed in anambra.
Re: Fg Approves Construction Of Anambra Airport by koolchicco: 10:18pm On Nov 04, 2009
tosh_acer:

I expect this thread to go into 100 pages of argument as to why an airport is needed in anambra.

Maybe u should start by telling us why an Airport is not needed in Anambra State.
Re: Fg Approves Construction Of Anambra Airport by babapupa: 10:22pm On Nov 04, 2009

Really? Just curious is there any particular law or guideline that prohibits the govt, better yet that says "governments shouldn't be building airports" or is that your personal view?

It has nothing to do with guidelines and I didn't infer such. It's a matter of common sense and prudence.
Re: Fg Approves Construction Of Anambra Airport by manny4life(m): 10:28pm On Nov 04, 2009
babapupa:

It has nothing to do with guidelines and I didn't infer such. It's a matter of common sense and prudence.

Ahhhh ok , I don't know about common sense but I don't see what role prudence plays in but let it not suprise you that some if not most of the airports in the U.S. are gov't owned, either by their states or authorities.
Re: Fg Approves Construction Of Anambra Airport by gem87(f): 10:30pm On Nov 04, 2009
at this rate every state will have an airport, and quite frankly nigeria isn't huge enough for that, plus in the future
we will be paying for it, it doesnt exactly help, what with the current climate issues.
Re: Fg Approves Construction Of Anambra Airport by Fhemmmy: 10:34pm On Nov 04, 2009
gem87:

at this rate every state will have an airport, and quite frankly nigeria isn't huge enough for that, plus in the future
we will be paying for it, it doesnt exactly help, what with the current climate issues.

Unfortunately, they dont seem to see it that way
Re: Fg Approves Construction Of Anambra Airport by Uche2nna(m): 10:39pm On Nov 04, 2009
CHANCEMAN:

Looking at those figures presented by manny4life the average cost of a seat for a oneway trip should be about 4-5k in naira($26).

We are waiting for U and Manny to come and start up an airline in Onitsha that will charge 4,000 naira. I go even patronize una.

Manny's figures are idealistic, far from the reality called Nigeria.

VALENCI:

THIS WILL RESULT IN BAD BUSINBESS FOR BIG TIME TRANSPOTTERS IN ANAMBRA STATE.

Arrant nonsense.
Re: Fg Approves Construction Of Anambra Airport by babapupa: 10:41pm On Nov 04, 2009
manny4life:

Ahhhh ok , I don't know about common sense but I don't see what role prudence plays in but let it not suprise you that some if not most of the airports in the U.S. are gov't owned, either by their states or authorities.

Must we always run to America with the comparisons? Why not start with MM2 in our own backyard?
Re: Fg Approves Construction Of Anambra Airport by mekuslogan: 10:53pm On Nov 04, 2009
babapupa:

Conjunction and completely private have 2 different meaning. Try again.
Babapupa, there is no harm in the govt getting involved as long as the course is geniune, and there is no guarantee that private investments will not be stolen or mismanaged. The Nigerian banks that almost went underground due to mismanagement are private, aren't they?
Re: Fg Approves Construction Of Anambra Airport by stede(m): 11:06pm On Nov 04, 2009
that's a welcome developmemt
Re: Fg Approves Construction Of Anambra Airport by babapupa: 11:14pm On Nov 04, 2009
mekuslogan:

Babapupa, there is no harm in the govt getting involved as long as the course is geniune, and there is no guarantee that private investments will not be stolen or mismanaged. The Nigerian banks that almost went underground due to mismanagement are private, aren't they?

I see what you're saying and I think you're right. Goverments should be able to step in and help. There is still no need to spend tax payers money on airports. Maybe if there's urgent and undisputed dying communal and commercial need for one, and if there is, private entities ought to be scrambling and standing in line to finance and manage the airport 100% with the state expending just tax breaks, free land and speedy approval of paperwork and documents.

And the banks stole other people's money, not their own invested money. Real private investors wanna make money off their investments, not lose or steal their own money.
Re: Fg Approves Construction Of Anambra Airport by mekuslogan: 11:20pm On Nov 04, 2009
babapupa:

I see what you're saying and I think you're right. Goverments should be able to step in and help. There is still no need to spend tax payers money on airports. Maybe if there's urgent and undisputed dying communal and commercial need for one, and if there is, private entities ought to be scrambling and standing in line to finance and manage the airport 100% with the state expending just tax breaks, free land and speedy approval of paperwork and documents.

And the banks stole other people's money, not their own invested money. Real private investors wanna make money off their investments, not lose or steal their own money.

I will urge you to leave the urgency or not of this airport to Anambra people and Orient Petroleum. You and I are not from Anambra and so would not know how dire this project is to them. On the other logic, private airport investors can still steal other people's money. In the end most of these private airports might be listed at the stock exchange and the core investors or managers can steal the money invested by others, just like the banks I mentioned.
Re: Fg Approves Construction Of Anambra Airport by babapupa: 11:31pm On Nov 04, 2009
mekuslogan:

I will urge you to leave the urgency or not of this airport to Anambra people and Orient Petroleum. You and I are not from Anambra and so would not know how dire this project is to them. On the other logic, private airport investors can still steal other people's money. In the end most of these private airports might be listed at the stock exchange and the core investors or managers can steal the money invested by others, just like the banks I mentioned.

What's all this got to do with NLer's offering ideas and opinions?Is this not all we do on NL?
Re: Fg Approves Construction Of Anambra Airport by mekuslogan: 11:35pm On Nov 04, 2009
babapupa:

What's all this got to do with NLer's offering ideas and opinions?Is this not all we do on NL?

So where is your insinuation that the airport is not urgent coming from? Do you know the volume of business going on in Anambra state which by all account is only second to Lagos? Why then would they not need an airport there as a matter of urgency?
Re: Fg Approves Construction Of Anambra Airport by babapupa: 12:13am On Nov 05, 2009
mekuslogan:

So where is your insinuation that the airport is not urgent coming from? Do you know the volume of business going on in Anambra state which by all account is only second to Lagos? Why then would they not need an airport there as a matter of urgency?

Don't you first have to show me where I made such definite claim? Read and comprehend the quote below and we'll take it from there.

Re: Fg Approves Construction Of Anambra Airport by mekuslogan: 12:21am On Nov 05, 2009
babapupa:

Don't you first have to show me where I made such definite claim? Read and comprehend the quote below and we'll take it from there.

Maybe if there's urgent and undisputed dying communal and commercial need for one, and if there is,

That was you. What does it suggest?
Re: Fg Approves Construction Of Anambra Airport by babapupa: 12:31am On Nov 05, 2009
mekuslogan:

That was you. What does it suggest?

Maybe-

2. a possibility or uncertainty

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/maybe

You mind leaving this petty talk alone and let's get back to  real discussion?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Photos: The House Where The British And Italian Hostages Were Murdered / Senator Shehu Sani Advises Dino Melaye To Submit Self To Police (photos) / Akpabio: Nigeria Not Wealthy But I Will Fight Corruption Like Buhari Is Doing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.