|Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New|
Stats: 2,672,063 members, 6,283,380 topics. Date: Tuesday, 11 May 2021 at 01:12 AM
Imam Ustadh Ku Yaqub Ku Hashim Dies On Pulpit During His Jumu'ah Lecture / Imam Leads Prayers During Earthquake In Indonesia! (Video) / The Sunnah Of Doing Business : What Every Muslim Merchants Must Know! (2) (3) (4)
|39+ Imam Ghazali Quotes Every Muslim Should Read by balash(m): 8:35am On Nov 18, 2016|
His full name was Abū Ḥāmid Muḥammad ibn Muḥammad al-Ghazālī and he is most highly regarded for his amazing magnus opus “Revival of the Religious Sciences”. Through this work he delivered an amazing and much needed revival not only in the minds of Muslim intellectuals but in the lives of common Muslims as well. His works are translated in numerous languages and he still holds the prime position of a great scholar in Muslim intellectual tradition.
1. Declare your jihad on thirteen enemies you cannot see – Egoism, Arrogance, Conceit, Selfishness, Greed, Lust, Intolerance, Anger, Lying, Cheating, Gossiping and Slandering. If you can master and destroy them, then will be ready to fight the enemy you can see. – Imam Ghazali Quotes
2.Do not allow your heart to take pleasure with the praises of people, nor be saddened by their condemnation. – Imam Ghazali Quotes
3. To get what you love, you must first be patient with what you hate. – Imam Ghazali Quotes
4. Knowledge without action is wastefulness and action without knowledge is foolishness. – Imam Ghazali Quotes
5. Those who look for seashells will find seashells; those who open them will find pearls. – Imam Ghazali Quotes
6. Never have I dealt with anything more difficult than my own soul, which sometimes helps me and sometimes opposes me. – Imam Ghazali Quotes
7. Remember your contemporaries who have passed away and were your age. Remember the honors and fame they earned, the high posts they held, and the beautiful bodies they possessed. Today all of them are turned to dust. They have left orphans and widows behind them, their wealth is being wasted, and their houses turned into ruins.
No sign of them is left today, and they lie in dark holes underneath the earth.
Picture their faces before your mind’s eye and ponder. – Imam Ghazali Quotes
8. Half of disbelief in Allah in the world is caused by people who make religion look ugly due to their bad conduct and ignorance
9. Neglect not your time, nor use it haphazardly; on the contrary you should bring yourself to account. Structure your litanies and other practices during each day and night. This is how to bring about the spiritual blessing (baraka) in each period. If each of your breaths is a priceless jewel, Be not like the deceived fools who are joyous because each day their wealth increases while their life grows ever shorter. – Imam Ghazali Quotes
10. When you have a bad suspicion about a Muslim in your heart, you should increase your consideration toward him and make dua for him. This way you will infuriate Satan and will be able to drive him away. Because of this, Satan will be reluctant to put evil thoughts into your heart, afraid that you would increase your consideration towards your brother and will make dua for him again. – Imam Ghazali Quotes
11. O youth…….be assured that knowledge alone does not strengthen the hand……Though a man read a hundred thousand scientific questions and understood them or learned them, but did not work with them—They do not benefit him except by working…..Knowledge is the tree, and working is its fruit; and though you studied a hundred years and assembled a thousand books, you would not be prepared for the mercy of Allah the Exalted except by working. – Imam Al Ghazali Quotes
12. A man of bad character punishes his own soul. – Imam Al Ghazali Quotes
13. A human being is not a human being while his tendencies include self-indulgence, covetousness, temper and attacking other people. – Imam Al Ghazali Quotes
14. In God, there is no sorrow or suffering or affliction. If you want to be free of all affliction and suffering, hold fast to God, and turn wholly to Him, and to no one else. Indeed, all your suffering comes from this: that you do not turn toward God and no one else. – Imam Al Ghazali Quotes
15. The happiness of the drop is to die in the river. – Imam Al Ghazali Quotes
16. Desires make slaves out of kings and patience makes kings out of slaves. – Imam Al Ghazali Quotes
17. If your busy with yourself now, you will be busy with yourself then. If you are busy with Allah now, you will be with Him then. – Imam Al Ghazali Quotes
18. People count with self-satisfaction the number of times they have recited the name of God on their prayer beads, but they keep no beads for reckoning the number of idle words they speak. – Imam Al Ghazali Quotes
19. You must convince your heart that whatever Allah has decreed is most appropriate and most beneficial for you. – Imam Al Ghazali Quotes
20. Each of your breaths is a priceless jewel, since each of them is irreplaceable and once gone, can never be retrieved. – Imam Al Ghazali Quotes
21. Whoever passes forty without his virtue overpowering his vice, let him get ready for hellfire. This advice contains enough for people of knowledge. – Imam Al Ghazali Quotes
22. What is destined will teach you, even if be benath two mountains. What is not destined will not reach you, even if it be between your two lips. – Imam Ghazali Quotes
23. If those who do not possess knowledge avoid the scholarly discussions, disagreement will end. – Imam Ghazali Quotes in English
24. Does money upset the hearts of learned men? He answered, “men whose hearts are changed by money are not learned” – Quotes of Imam Ghazali
25. You possess only whatever will not be lost in a shipwreck. – Imam Ghazali Quotes Marriage
26. Knowledge exists potentially in the human soul like the seed in the soil; by learning the potential becomes actual. – Quotes imam Ghazali
27. Men have such a good opinion of themselves, of their mental superiority and intellectual depth; they believe themselves so skilled in discerning the true from the false, the path of safety from those of error, that they should be forbidden as much as possible the perusal of philosophic writings. – Quotes Imam Al Ghazali
28. All of man’s happiness is in his being the master of his ego, while all his suffering is in his ego being his master. – Imam Ghazali Quotes Pictures
29. Remember it is the heart and not the body, which strives to draw near to God. By heart I do not mean the flesh perceived by the senses, but that secret thing which is sometimes expressed by spirit, and sometimes by soul. – Quotes from Imam Ghazali
30. Do not fix hopes on your health, and do not laugh away life. Remember how they walked and now all their joints lie separately, and the tongue with which they talked lightly is eaten away by the worms. – Quotes by Imam Ghazali
31. Often love between two people intensifies not because of beauty or some advantage, but because of sheer spiritual affinity. – Imam Ghazali
32. In the intricate paths of life when difficulties and hardships confront a man, and the darkness of difficulty and suffering becomes long, it is patience only that acts like a light for a Muslim, that keeps him safe from wandering here and there, and saves him from the muddy marsh of disappointment, desperation and frustration.
33. The corruption of religions comes from turning them to mere words and appearances.
34. Whoever determines the truth from people alone will remain lost in the plains of bewilderment. Rather, know the truth, and you will know its people.
35. The soul should take care of the body, just as the pilgrim on his way to Makkah takes care of his camel; but if the pilgrim spends his whole time in feeding and adorning his camel, the caravan will leave him behind, and he will perish in the desert.
36. If you do not prepare now for the Afterlife, then when will you do so?
37. The essence of knowledge is to know what obedience and worship are.- Imam Ghazali Quotes
38. Love for God is the farthest reach of all stations, the sun of the highest degrees, and there is no station after that of love, except its fruit and its consequences.- Imam Ghazali Quotes
39. Work for your terrestrial life in proportion to your location in it, and work for your afterlife in proportion to your eternity in it.- Imam Ghazali Quotes
40. Know that true obedience to Allah and true worship of Him involves following the commands and prohibitions of Shari`ah in both word and acts. – Imam Ghazali Quotes
41. Account yourself before you are brought to account and measure your actions before they are measured – Imam Ghazali Quotes
|Re: 39+ Imam Ghazali Quotes Every Muslim Should Read by balash(m): 8:36am On Nov 18, 2016|
|Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health |
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket
Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2021 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72