Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,607 members, 7,809,219 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:44 AM

Police Plot To Tackle Shiites In Borno - Premium Times - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Police Plot To Tackle Shiites In Borno - Premium Times (9458 Views)

Nnamdi Kanu ‘Shuts Down’ Abakaliki - Premium Times / Melaye To Remi Tinubu: "I Will Beat You, Impregnate You" - Premium Times / Buhari Is Sick, Has Meniere Disease (Ear Infection) - Premium Times (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Police Plot To Tackle Shiites In Borno - Premium Times by ShiaLagos: 1:11pm On Nov 18, 2016
EXCLUSIVE: Nigerian Police plot to tackle Shiites in Borno

The police in Borno State are mobilizing for a planned rally by Shiites, sources have told PREMIUM TIMES.

A source said the police received a special intelligence report that the protest would kick-start shortly after the Friday Jumat prayer.

The protest is expected to start at two main mosques – the Mai Saje Mosque, a popular Friday mosque, centrally located in the heart of Maiduguri, and Fodiya Centre, near a spot called Yan Nono in Bulumkutu along the Kano-Maiduguri highway.

“The aim of the protest is to show their anger over the detention of their national leader and the recent clash with the police in Kano,” a police intelligence report reviewed by PREMIUM TIMES showed.

It is not clear if the police plan to forcefully stop the protest as was done to similar Shiite marches in Abuja and Kano, but the Borno State Commissioner of Police, Damian Chukwu, according to a source, directed several units including the police mobile force and the counter terrorist unit to deploy their men to various Friday mosques within Maiduguri and other liberated communities across the state for “decisive actions to any untoward development”.

PREMIUM TIMES further learnt that the police is not taking any chance in ensuring that the proposed Shia protest does not escalate the already tense situation in the state. Mr. Chukwu had to cancel the weekly briefing with his officers as the police prepared for the Shiite protest.

Officials at the police headquarters have reported that canisters of tear gas were released at about 10.30 a.m. on Friday to be possibly used against the protesters.

Unlike several states in the northern Nigeria, Shia processions have been very rare in Borno.

The Shiites are demanding the release of their leader, Ibrahim El-Zakzaky, who has been held without trial since last December after over 300 of his followers were killed by soldiers. The army accused the Shiites of blocking a major road and plotting to kill the army chief, Tukur Buratai, an allegation the Shiites denied.

Another rally by the Shiites on Monday in Kano led to the death of at least 9 people including a police official as the police tried to stop the protesters.

Local and international rights groups and foreign countries have called on the Nigerian government to exercise caution in dealing with the Shiites.

The U.S. government on Friday issued a statement calling for “greater communication between Shia citizens and government authorities.”

Source: https://www.google.com/amp/www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/215691-exclusive-nigerian-police-plot-tackle-shiites-borno.html/amp?client=safari

1 Like

Re: Police Plot To Tackle Shiites In Borno - Premium Times by sarrki(m): 1:13pm On Nov 18, 2016
Make this people too calm down nah

Two wrongs can't make a right
Re: Police Plot To Tackle Shiites In Borno - Premium Times by OZAOEKPE(f): 1:16pm On Nov 18, 2016
sarrki:
Make this people too calm down nah

Two wrongs can't make a right
See this adeke ooo, trump is now around cause soon many sunnist would visit the six feet down below. Tell that ani mal on the throne to kill as many as possible, cause fro january 20th next year, power go change hand and the shites would rule over the sunnist

Quote me anywhere

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Police Plot To Tackle Shiites In Borno - Premium Times by sarrki(m): 1:19pm On Nov 18, 2016
OZAOEKPE:

See this adeke ooo, trump is now around cause soon many sunnist would visit the six feet down below. Tell that ani mal on the throne to kill as many as possible, cause fro january 20th next year, power go change hand and the shites would rule over the sunnist

Quote me anywhere

Tell me you are joking

Pls read again and again your thread

The truth is you need general overhauling

9 Likes

Re: Police Plot To Tackle Shiites In Borno - Premium Times by Nobody: 1:24pm On Nov 18, 2016
Buhari should release this guy na...he is not a threat to national unity unlike IPOB leader.

2 Likes

Re: Police Plot To Tackle Shiites In Borno - Premium Times by Bujumbura(m): 1:26pm On Nov 18, 2016
I stand with shiites on peaceful procession

17 Likes

Re: Police Plot To Tackle Shiites In Borno - Premium Times by wowmenow: 1:40pm On Nov 18, 2016
Buhari killing his brothers to satisfy Saudis Sunnis

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Plot To Tackle Shiites In Borno - Premium Times by drss2(m): 1:43pm On Nov 18, 2016
buari dullard is fighting a proxy war for saudi arabia. n their target is shia.
nigerians can now understand why d dullard huriedly included nigeria into saudi's islamic political coalition against terrorism shia muslims.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Plot To Tackle Shiites In Borno - Premium Times by ibroh22(m): 2:14pm On Nov 18, 2016
ok
Re: Police Plot To Tackle Shiites In Borno - Premium Times by DesChyko: 2:14pm On Nov 18, 2016
The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

#iStandWithShiites.

#iStandWithTrump tongue

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Plot To Tackle Shiites In Borno - Premium Times by ZUBY77(m): 2:16pm On Nov 18, 2016
These uneducated Religious fanatics must be regretting why they voted their brother to Power.

Meanwhile I don't give a damnn what happens to anyone who fights for any god.
It's suppose to be the other way round.

I read from 48 laws of power where Spanish authorities banned Jewish from open worship in the olden days.
What did the Jewish do?
They do their worship when inside their houses but when they come out, they remove their caps and behave.

But no, some half animals see people coming on them with guns and still continue to misbehave .

I wonder what would have happened to Peter if he didn't deny Jesus.
And yet, we were told he became the head of Christianity.

2 Likes

Re: Police Plot To Tackle Shiites In Borno - Premium Times by SamuelAnyawu(m): 2:16pm On Nov 18, 2016
Maybe Shiites are the cause of the Current Recession ravaging our Lands cool
Misplaced Priority cry cry

Too Bad Nigerians voted for an Incompetent President cry cry

Baba GEJ we miss you...

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Plot To Tackle Shiites In Borno - Premium Times by MVLOX(m): 2:16pm On Nov 18, 2016
Am not understanding this Shitte pple self ooo
Re: Police Plot To Tackle Shiites In Borno - Premium Times by Betty1899: 2:16pm On Nov 18, 2016
What is the error committed by the shiites? Why the steady clamping down

3 Likes

Re: Police Plot To Tackle Shiites In Borno - Premium Times by kidman96(m): 2:16pm On Nov 18, 2016
walcut:
Buhari should release this guy na...he is not a threat to national unity unlike IPOB leader.
wowmenow:
Buhari killing his brothers to satisfy Saudis Sunnis
drss2:
buari dullard is fighting a proxy war for saudi arabia. n their target is shia.
nigerians can now understand why d dullard huriedly included nigeria into saudi's islamic political coalition against terrorism shia muslims.
DesChyko:
The enemy of my enemy is my friend.
#iStandWithShiites.
#iStandWithTrump tongue
Betty1899:

You Bunch of block heads , This is how Boko Haram started. They have to be tackled now that's its springing.

5 Likes

Re: Police Plot To Tackle Shiites In Borno - Premium Times by henrydadon(m): 2:18pm On Nov 18, 2016
grin

you all should get ready for some action film

Shiite = boss

nigerian police = actor

[img]http://i./l0MYRwQgFQEYZB3wc.gif[/img]

1 Like

Re: Police Plot To Tackle Shiites In Borno - Premium Times by SamuelAnyawu(m): 2:20pm On Nov 18, 2016
MVLOX:
Am not understanding this Shitte pple self ooo

Keep Kwayet... If it was the Sultan Of Sokoto Buhari locked up for no reason Nigeria Will be up in flames by now cool

5 Likes

Re: Police Plot To Tackle Shiites In Borno - Premium Times by SamuelAnyawu(m): 2:21pm On Nov 18, 2016
Betty1899:

Saudi/Iran Proxy War cool

2 Likes

Re: Police Plot To Tackle Shiites In Borno - Premium Times by sorextee(m): 2:21pm On Nov 18, 2016
Im still not understanding why sunnis and shiites hate each other... No be the same Allah two of dem dey call? Abi one of dem Allah Na chin@ version?

If I were to be a Muslim, I prefer being a shiite...

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Plot To Tackle Shiites In Borno - Premium Times by tempest01(m): 2:22pm On Nov 18, 2016
There is no justification in clamping down on these people. Warn them and Prosecute them subsequently for blocking roads, but not exterminating them. Sunnis too block road during their prayers and there is no killings to them. Barbarians with intolerance twisting the law and living with sentiments.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Plot To Tackle Shiites In Borno - Premium Times by MVLOX(m): 2:23pm On Nov 18, 2016
SamuelAnyawu:

Keep Kwayet... If it was the Sultan Of Sokoto Buhari locked up for no reason Nigeria Will be up in flames by now cool

So hw does that help me to be understanding the shitte pple nw..

1 Like

Re: Police Plot To Tackle Shiites In Borno - Premium Times by SamuelAnyawu(m): 2:23pm On Nov 18, 2016
Here in Abuja the Sunni's block major roads during Friday Prayers cool

Well Correction 2019 loading.........

I Stand

I Stand With Senator Samuel Anyanwu for Governor Imo State 2019 cool

4 Likes

Re: Police Plot To Tackle Shiites In Borno - Premium Times by SamuelAnyawu(m): 2:26pm On Nov 18, 2016
MVLOX:

So hw does that help me to be understanding the shitte pple nw..
Google bro cool Their Religious head was locked up for no tangible reason wink

2 Likes

Re: Police Plot To Tackle Shiites In Borno - Premium Times by drss2(m): 2:27pm On Nov 18, 2016
kidman96:

You Bunch of block heads , This is how Boko Haram started. They have to be tackled now that's its springing.
abeg it is public knowledge dat boko haram n their masters ISIS ar sunni terrorist groups. most terrorist groups i d world ar sunnis.
d sultan of sokoto is d one dat should have been arrested n locked up.

2 Likes

Re: Police Plot To Tackle Shiites In Borno - Premium Times by TeamSimple(m): 2:28pm On Nov 18, 2016
OZAOEKPE:

Quote me anywhere
You this man don show again..
Re: Police Plot To Tackle Shiites In Borno - Premium Times by MVLOX(m): 2:29pm On Nov 18, 2016
SamuelAnyawu:

Google bro cool Their Religious head was locked up for no tangible reason wink

Ohhh dat nigga way NAF put for wheelbarrow dat year abi.... Lol
Re: Police Plot To Tackle Shiites In Borno - Premium Times by DesChyko: 2:31pm On Nov 18, 2016
kidman96:

While you're at that, get rid of the Idi Amin on seat as well.

1 Like

Re: Police Plot To Tackle Shiites In Borno - Premium Times by TeamSimple(m): 2:31pm On Nov 18, 2016
sorextee:
Im still not understanding why sunnis and shiites hate each other... No be the same Allah two of dem dey call? Abi one of dem Allah Na chin@ version?

If you go through the tenets of Islam rigorously before being a muslim,am so sure you wouldn't consider being shiite

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Police Plot To Tackle Shiites In Borno - Premium Times by PhatBG(m): 2:35pm On Nov 18, 2016
I didn't read the article.
What's Shiite?

Check my signature.
Re: Police Plot To Tackle Shiites In Borno - Premium Times by TheFreeOne: 2:41pm On Nov 18, 2016
sorextee:

Update yourself from this link: https://www.nairaland.com/2821855/origins-shiite-sunni-split-npr
Re: Police Plot To Tackle Shiites In Borno - Premium Times by Nobody: 2:43pm On Nov 18, 2016
That is what you get when you made it article of faith to Curse and Insult the prophet, his wives, his companions. This is what you get when you claim Qur'an was not authentic. This is what you get when you said the prophethood is for Ali (R.D) and not Muhammad (SAW).

This is what you get when you disobey Burutai and law of the land.

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Abba Kyari: Ugwuanyi Condoles With President Buhari, Family, Others / Magnus Abe: Only Tinubu Can Keep APC In Power After Buhari / Osun Pays 13th Month Salaries To Workers.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.