Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,345 members, 7,819,223 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:58 PM

Buhari Sets Up Committee On Recovery Of Looted Assets - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Sets Up Committee On Recovery Of Looted Assets (13413 Views)

Buhari Sets Up Committee To End Faceoff With Senate: Dailytrust / Buhari To Demand Recovery Of Looted Funds At UN Assembly / FG And Labour Set Up Committee To Review Fuel Price And Minimum Wage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Sets Up Committee On Recovery Of Looted Assets by anonymuz(m): 8:36am On Nov 19, 2016
Opiletool:

It was directed at someone else, I'm sure you could see that.
please answer the question.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Sets Up Committee On Recovery Of Looted Assets by KingRex1(m): 8:36am On Nov 19, 2016
A matter of two steps backwards and a step forward

1 Like

Re: Buhari Sets Up Committee On Recovery Of Looted Assets by PhatBG(m): 8:37am On Nov 19, 2016
Mehn, the thing too tire me. Turns my head upside down every time I reason the matter.
I don even stop to wonder.

lomprico:

grin cheesy grin
You still dey wonder? E b like say u sleep through 2015 till now.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Sets Up Committee On Recovery Of Looted Assets by Opiletool(m): 8:38am On Nov 19, 2016
anonymuz:
please answer the question.
kid zoom.
Re: Buhari Sets Up Committee On Recovery Of Looted Assets by abbeyty(m): 8:40am On Nov 19, 2016
must they set up committee for everything? this is another way for the recovery money to be re looted, not so serious government.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Sets Up Committee On Recovery Of Looted Assets by Nobody: 8:41am On Nov 19, 2016
undecided
Re: Buhari Sets Up Committee On Recovery Of Looted Assets by AishyWemsy(f): 8:42am On Nov 19, 2016
What has been done to the recovered ones?Why another committee? is EFCC not doing its job? Baba Pls nao there is famine in the land, just put rescue plans in place. We still believe in you

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Sets Up Committee On Recovery Of Looted Assets by Emassive(m): 8:42am On Nov 19, 2016
Yeah it's good because you have a brother abroad that still feeds you from Oversea..
Maybe when you have kids and a home then you will know what's at stake here.
saintmark88:
I think this is a very good move..........

1 Like

Re: Buhari Sets Up Committee On Recovery Of Looted Assets by Emassive(m): 8:43am On Nov 19, 2016
Buhari needs to sleep one day and not be able to work anymore so that millions of Nigeria can live well. The dullard is a very old fashion local.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Sets Up Committee On Recovery Of Looted Assets by fajani(m): 8:47am On Nov 19, 2016
Ati go ju Nigeria yi
Re: Buhari Sets Up Committee On Recovery Of Looted Assets by fajani(m): 8:50am On Nov 19, 2016
Fvck Buhari, Fvck Oshinbajo, Fvck Tinubu, Fvck APC. Fvck all dudes who vote Them IN

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Sets Up Committee On Recovery Of Looted Assets by Nobody: 8:51am On Nov 19, 2016
Keep fooling yourself! What have u done with the already recovered loot?...NOTHING!

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Sets Up Committee On Recovery Of Looted Assets by kassy777: 8:51am On Nov 19, 2016
Justiyke4u:
I still don't get it
He, Buhari is telling us that since his corruption fight kicked off, he has not records of all looted funds, no records of all recovered assets, besides he is also affriad that his ministries may steal away the recovered loots since he does not trust them. In other words, Buhari knows that his cabnet members consist very big thieves too but decides to go after the oppresable, the less previlage Nigerians, those outsides of his party members. This further show that the loan he is requesting is most useless and should not be givinging approval since he does not know the position of system in this country as well as the amount recovered etc.
What a banana republic.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Sets Up Committee On Recovery Of Looted Assets by saintmark88(m): 8:53am On Nov 19, 2016
Emassive:
Yeah it's good because you have a brother abroad that still feeds you from Oversea..
Maybe when you have kids and a home then you will know what's at stake here.

Isn't it to early this Saturday morning for this??.... Pls how does having a brother abroad Tht feeds me relate to collecting looted assets from politicians, so because things r not going well, those Tht have looted our country dry should be left alone and assets shouldn't be recovered...

I know hunger doesn't let some of u think we'll again, it's not ur fault
Re: Buhari Sets Up Committee On Recovery Of Looted Assets by lucidlex: 8:54am On Nov 19, 2016
But daddy Bu, no be so una talk b4 na. U sed u will funnel d cash recovered into d 2017 budget (altho d 2016 budget is marred with corruption). Una also talk tru ur Minister of Finance, Sisi Kemi dt d recovered houses wil b used as offices (since ur policies hv wrecked d economy so much so dt d values of d houses have crashed).
Daddy Bu,u respectfully missed sm points:
1. Even if u manage 2 recover sm money and houses, they ar under d Interim Forfeiture Order whc means after d matter in Court, if d accused is found innocent, d cash or woteva u seized reverts back 2 him
2. In d event dt d accused is guilty, such seizures fully goes 2 d govt however, I cn always file a Stay of Execution while I appeal at d higher courts so u will only see dis properties bt wudnt b able 2 touch it until d final decision at d Supreme Court (by whc time u wud be out of office #nobeef)
Finally sir, corruption isn't only embezzlement of funds, it includes abuse of power as well as tribal nepotism whc hs characterised the Change I supported.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Sets Up Committee On Recovery Of Looted Assets by Miles300: 8:58am On Nov 19, 2016
Miss placed prority , abati wasn't wrong when he said there is an evil spirit operating in aso rock , it's clear to see .. The important things that is meant to be achieved they won't do it .. Wat kind of nation is this ?

1 Like

Re: Buhari Sets Up Committee On Recovery Of Looted Assets by lonelydora: 8:59am On Nov 19, 2016
Abeg, they should come to Port Harcourt asap. There are so many government houses that have been converted to private use. I'm willingly to show them some of them.

Our yam eaters must bring them back whether in fried, boiled or roasted form.
Re: Buhari Sets Up Committee On Recovery Of Looted Assets by CMrecords: 9:06am On Nov 19, 2016
#Buhari Must Go# if you won Truly Fight Corruption come tell me Tinubu is Clean, with is Big Hotels all over the world in differ names, most of Nigerians are Idiot!! dem feat Manager Suffer ehn.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Sets Up Committee On Recovery Of Looted Assets by WOCKHARDI(m): 9:09am On Nov 19, 2016
I thought Itse Sagay is already heading a similar committee. Why not set up serious committees on Economy, Education, Agriculture, Power and job creation. This chasing of rats ( as much a pest as corruption ) while Nigeria is on fire has not gotten us anywhere. Nigerian leaders have been fighting this "corruption " since Nzeogwu's coup of 1966. Haba.
Give the people what they want and corruption will take care of itself :RESTRUCTURE the country. Period.
Re: Buhari Sets Up Committee On Recovery Of Looted Assets by boyt1: 9:26am On Nov 19, 2016
Buhari na killer Clown, he will later cry again that the committee used the looted money to fight him.!

1 Like

Re: Buhari Sets Up Committee On Recovery Of Looted Assets by Kiakia(m): 9:26am On Nov 19, 2016
This is Jonathan's regime all over again. We are back to formation of Committees for every conceivable situation in this country. APC and PMB have lost it. Nigeria is on a free-fall to nowhere. Unfortunately, nothing is being done by the inept government to contend with the situation. The looted funds will eventually be re-looted by either the committee members or corrupt government officials.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Sets Up Committee On Recovery Of Looted Assets by saintmark88(m): 9:27am On Nov 19, 2016
When you guys collectively succeed in making this govt fail based on ur sentiment and hate let's c who will b d biggest casualty.

We do not know that power lies more with the electorates than even him the president or any other politician. Now if things continue to go haywire who is suffering, Buhari??, Saraki?? And those other thiefs n d National Assembly who u guys hail whenever they turn down a request from the executive.. "some even go as far as saying tht they doing their jobs". Truth is it's u hu is d casualty of ur very own hateful actions.

Buhari was advised to sell national assets...... U kicked against it

Buhari decided to borrow........ U kicked against it

Avengers n Co started blowing up pipelines..... U applauded dem

Military was deployed by Buhari........ U kicked against it, asked for negotiations

Negotiations was arranged........ Still didnt appeal to u, d blowing of pipelines continued, u continued to applaud. Asling buhari to withdraw military presence form D Niger delta??.. Isn't that an impossible demand??

I have looked at it critically, I c nothing wrong with setting up a committe to recover looted asset. Recently someone denied ownership of his #1bn mansion. There r others, and these assets should be recovered.

It's not news Tht politicians and top civil servants, when they leave office, they confiscate govt properties for private use : cars, furniture and other things.... Causing more expenditure on d govt to replace these things. Making d cost of governance on d high, it is all these Tht has kept us in a stagnant state for this long.

So I dnt get how, setting a committee to recover stolen asset results in confusion on d path of the govt, someone pls enlighten me??

Before I'm asked the stupid question, where r d ones recovered before?? . I find the question very stupid and anyone who askes tht question is as stupid as d question... Here's why: how much is this recovers funds, compared to d cost of running a nation??.....the question is irritating .

I'm watchn d American political sphere with keen interest, I am sure d Americans r not as dumb as dese hateful Nigerians, I know tht once Trump is elected president, all tht hate n fear, will give way to unity and they would all join hands togeda to make him succeed n because they know tht if he doesn't, hu suffers it most??..Them!!!!!!
Re: Buhari Sets Up Committee On Recovery Of Looted Assets by Nbote(m): 9:33am On Nov 19, 2016
Lolzzzzz. But I thought d govt said dey can't tamper with d "recovered loots" since it's still under litigation so wetin d committee wan do exactly? Help d govt decide how to spend it or help d govt continue to sing their song of recovered loot while dey kip crying about an empty treasury and seeking more loan facilities.. Even d "#IStandWithBuhari# zombies no get strength to stand again... Dey are all sitting now

1 Like

Re: Buhari Sets Up Committee On Recovery Of Looted Assets by blackmarket(m): 9:56am On Nov 19, 2016
kai....dis dullard is out of ideas.....so since he took over, nah today him remember say committee need dey, to fight kwaroption.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Sets Up Committee On Recovery Of Looted Assets by ransomed: 10:54am On Nov 19, 2016
Whoever wants to drink Gammalin 200 + Otapiapia because of anti-corruption war is free to do so. All who stole from our purse must refund at any cost. Thank God Baba is not perturbed by the cry of corrupt minds. Looters must pay...
Re: Buhari Sets Up Committee On Recovery Of Looted Assets by Nobody: 11:01am On Nov 19, 2016
saintmark88:

Something is seriously wrong with your thinking faculty and your comments here easily portray you as a simpleminded bloke.
Re: Buhari Sets Up Committee On Recovery Of Looted Assets by amliftedhigher: 11:11am On Nov 19, 2016
Nawaoooo. Another committee?
Re: Buhari Sets Up Committee On Recovery Of Looted Assets by Wolef7(m): 12:10pm On Nov 19, 2016
Another 'come-eatee'. grin
Re: Buhari Sets Up Committee On Recovery Of Looted Assets by saintmark88(m): 12:43pm On Nov 19, 2016
gensteejay:

Something is seriously wrong with your thinking faculty and your comments here easily portray you as a simpleminded bloke.

Hey why u hating on me, nd decided to single me out.

#stalkeralert!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Buhari Sets Up Committee On Recovery Of Looted Assets by supplyquick: 12:54pm On Nov 19, 2016
Meanwhile. Don't be cheated. Always consult [b]SupplyQuick [/b]to do all your supplies to site at minimal cost. Call/Whatsapp: (+234) 0701-7250433. Best of luck on your project!
Re: Buhari Sets Up Committee On Recovery Of Looted Assets by Nobody: 1:27pm On Nov 19, 2016
This president is confuse.
Re: Buhari Sets Up Committee On Recovery Of Looted Assets by Annie939(f): 2:45pm On Nov 19, 2016
that's the only thing Mr President knows how to do . continue setting up committee while your subjects are languishing in hunger

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Sagay: FG’s Probe May Have Affected Magu Psychologically / Usman Yusuf: Tinubu's Politics Regional, APC Governors Won't Deliver (Video) / Sheikh Dahiru Bauchi Endorses Atiku, Directs Followers To Vote For Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.