Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,162 members, 7,835,887 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:51 PM

Policemen Pack Onions With Their Helmets In Kogi (Photos) - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Policemen Pack Onions With Their Helmets In Kogi (Photos) (49087 Views)

Lady Boils Tomatoes And Onions Before Blending (Photos) / See The N100 Fresh Pepper And Onions I Bought This Morning / Health Benefits Of Onions [must Read] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Policemen Pack Onions With Their Helmets In Kogi (Photos) by 4tune490(m): 10:54am On Nov 19, 2016
Dnt mind d OP he's just jealous.

whirlwind7:
I must ask you...what is wrong with policemen picking up onions that fell off a truck on the highway? I mean, recession or not, is there anything wrong with this act?
The onions will get crushed and wasted by passing vehicles. So, if policemen stationed nearby decide to pick them off the road and take them home for consumption, is there anything wrong with this?

Perhaps they should put up advert for lost onions instead, will that make you happy?
Re: Policemen Pack Onions With Their Helmets In Kogi (Photos) by cybriz82(m): 11:07am On Nov 19, 2016
wahala dey on iz own trouble dey find am....instead of u to mind ur bizness u dey snap policeman wey dey do him tin jeje....if dat man shoot u n ur fone nw dem go say naija police are heartless...swear say u no pick onion too....
Re: Policemen Pack Onions With Their Helmets In Kogi (Photos) by cybriz82(m): 11:08am On Nov 19, 2016
dnt mind dat op wahala dey on iz own trouble dey find am....instead of u to mind ur bizness u dey snap policeman wey dey do him tin jeje....if dat man shoot u n ur fone nw dem go say naija police are heartless...swear say u no pick onion too....
Re: Policemen Pack Onions With Their Helmets In Kogi (Photos) by solid3(m): 11:15am On Nov 19, 2016
whirlwind7:
I must ask you...what is wrong with policemen picking up onions that fell off a truck on the highway? I mean, recession or not, is there anything wrong with this act?
The onions will get crushed and wasted by passing vehicles. So, if policemen stationed nearby decide to pick them off the road and take them home for consumption, is there anything wrong with this?

Perhaps they should put up advert for lost onions instead, will that make you happy?

Guy, u too dey vex sef. undecided
Re: Policemen Pack Onions With Their Helmets In Kogi (Photos) by oluxy(m): 11:17am On Nov 19, 2016
....even when there isn't recession, npf are always hit.
Re: Policemen Pack Onions With Their Helmets In Kogi (Photos) by elsomm(m): 11:20am On Nov 19, 2016
Bujumbura:
Boy take this because you deserve it

That pix....that combo.... salivating!

Choi!
Re: Policemen Pack Onions With Their Helmets In Kogi (Photos) by fabienjoe: 11:34am On Nov 19, 2016
whirlwind7:

Everything is wrong with it. They were not paid to pick onions on the road. They should inform the appropriate authorities to clear the road. They are on duty and should not yield to any distraction. It shows indiscipline and lack of seriousness. Just imagine a foreigner visiting Nigeria and sees our policemen picking onions on the highway...what image does that convey? How safe does it make you feel that policemen paid to protect you are busy picking onions on the line of duty? I repeat, it is very wrong..
Re: Policemen Pack Onions With Their Helmets In Kogi (Photos) by whirlwind7(m): 12:07pm On Nov 19, 2016
fabienjoe:

Everything is wrong with it. They were not paid to pick onions on the road. They should inform the appropriate authorities to clear the road. They are on duty and should not yield to any distraction. It shows indiscipline and lack of seriousness. Just imagine a foreigner visiting Nigeria and sees our policemen picking onions on the highway...what image does that convey? How safe does it make you feel that policemen paid to protect you are busy picking onions on the line of duty? I repeat, it is very wrong..

From your first statement in bold...who or what are the "appropriate authorities" that the police ought to call to pick onions off the highway? Recall that this is a highway, not some inner city street.
Let's assume for a minute that such an "appropriate authority" exists, how long do you think they will take to respond and get there, when the police can do the job within a few minutes? Onions lying on the highway can cause an accident, and the earlier they are removed, the better. Police duty is to safeguard lives and properties, and I believe they did just that by picking the onions.

Your second statement in bold...about a foreigner seeing such an action sad Well, I put it to you that you have NEVER travelled overseas before. That comment was made out of absolute ignorance or an inferiority complex. What a foreigner will see is simply policemen removing debris that might cause an accident off the highway. What they do with the onions, whether take it home, or throw them away, is not relevant here.

And the third comment in bold... seriously??
Of all the people that had quoted my comment, yours is just the most ridiculous. Everyone is entitled to an opinion. But opinions such as yours make me wonder...

1 Like

Re: Policemen Pack Onions With Their Helmets In Kogi (Photos) by lieutenantHaven: 12:18pm On Nov 19, 2016
whirlwind7:

Bro read well na...."with their helmets" it is disrespectful to the job and the institution. Of course they can pick the onions but not with their uniform. They have to get a leather bag. Nigeria police force is sacred and dignified..... But some policemen do not understand the quality dat should be accorded to the institution
Re: Policemen Pack Onions With Their Helmets In Kogi (Photos) by Nobody: 12:31pm On Nov 19, 2016
Pavarottii:
Dem never see anything, by d time buhari has finished with us. A lot of brains for Don reset from zombiesim, wen better hunger beat Dem.
yes they have seen it,i remember GEJ warned them but they refuse,
Re: Policemen Pack Onions With Their Helmets In Kogi (Photos) by vickylincon(m): 12:57pm On Nov 19, 2016
whirlwind7:

I loved how you think. That's genius personality. I don't even think that way. Keep it up brl
Re: Policemen Pack Onions With Their Helmets In Kogi (Photos) by Handsomecole(m): 1:02pm On Nov 19, 2016
Men you are so on point!!! Your submission is of high intellectual value, Thanks so much
whirlwind7:

Re: Policemen Pack Onions With Their Helmets In Kogi (Photos) by Kingbuhari(m): 1:10pm On Nov 19, 2016
what of the #50 naira they collect from motorist... buhari u are a coward
Re: Policemen Pack Onions With Their Helmets In Kogi (Photos) by numericalguy(m): 1:24pm On Nov 19, 2016
whirlwind7:

Thank you so much for this statement. Don't mind the silly idiots. What were they expecting the policemen to do before.

Policemen all over the world have been known to remove any obstruction that can block the free flow of traffic. The f00lish OP is only suffering from inferiority complex.
Re: Policemen Pack Onions With Their Helmets In Kogi (Photos) by Nobody: 1:25pm On Nov 19, 2016
So they should have left the onions on the road there and allow it to rotten. Op don't let me insult u o.
Re: Policemen Pack Onions With Their Helmets In Kogi (Photos) by dyoungkarlmarx(m): 1:25pm On Nov 19, 2016
whirlwind7:

this your reasoning is a backward one.is that their duty?God forbid,what if armed robbers were coming or any other anti social elements?
Re: Policemen Pack Onions With Their Helmets In Kogi (Photos) by delighted2: 2:07pm On Nov 19, 2016
Recession or no recession, nothing is wrong with this act.
Re: Policemen Pack Onions With Their Helmets In Kogi (Photos) by Nobody: 2:09pm On Nov 19, 2016
Some people hardly think wise kudos for the police that picks all the onions which may cause accident away from the road.
Re: Policemen Pack Onions With Their Helmets In Kogi (Photos) by kassy777: 2:13pm On Nov 19, 2016
whirlwind7:

A typical African way of reasoning. Think of it, when a police officer on duty picks onion from grand, take them home to cook simply means there is serious poverty. An average normal human who have respect for himself as human will never do that. Picking of whatever thing from the grand is meant for people with brain problem, lunatics, destitudes. This attitude show that the Nigerians police has even packed rotton apply, garri etc from fair clean dust bins, as far as you are concerned. For goodness sake, these are police officers. Imagine police officer in the united States picking items that fall off moving vehicle for consumption. That is why all third world country members are members of low life.
Re: Policemen Pack Onions With Their Helmets In Kogi (Photos) by kassy777: 2:18pm On Nov 19, 2016
SamuelAnyawu:
OP is it wrong to keep our Federal Roads clean? cheesy
I salute you King Solomon of our time. Chief of defence liers. By the way, are you related to Lai Mohammed?
Re: Policemen Pack Onions With Their Helmets In Kogi (Photos) by Nobody: 2:27pm On Nov 19, 2016
We all need mercy of God. Thats why i downloaded Mercy from @bukunmiorg on social network. We need to put that song on replay
Re: Policemen Pack Onions With Their Helmets In Kogi (Photos) by kassy777: 2:35pm On Nov 19, 2016
whirlwind7:

From your first statement in bold...who or what are the "appropriate authorities" that the police ought to call to pick onions off the highway? Recall that this is a highway, not some inner city street.
Let's assume for a minute that such an "appropriate authority" exists, how long do you think they will take to respond and get there, when the police can do the job within a few minutes? Onions lying on the highway can cause an accident, and the earlier they are removed, the better. Police duty is to safeguard lives and properties, and I believe they did just that by picking the onions.

Your second statement in bold...about a foreigner seeing such an action sad Well, I put it to you that you have NEVER travelled overseas before. That comment was made out of absolute ignorance or an inferiority complex. What a foreigner will see is simply policemen removing debris that might cause an accident off the highway. What they do with the onions, whether take it home, or throw them away, is not relevant here.

Of all the people that had quoted my comment, yours is just the most ridiculous. Everyone is entitled to an opinion. But opinions such as yours make me wonder...
Shameless Nigerians. So if your children pick up onion from the roads and bring to you, am sure will continue to ask them go to the high ways and standby abi remain there daily basis so that they will even pack garri that fell off moving vehicle. Na recession dey worry too be that. Pick pick man is your suitable name
Re: Policemen Pack Onions With Their Helmets In Kogi (Photos) by justnnecky(f): 2:38pm On Nov 19, 2016
grin who sees manna and says no
Re: Policemen Pack Onions With Their Helmets In Kogi (Photos) by fabienjoe: 2:45pm On Nov 19, 2016
whirlwind7:

Between me and you, I could tell who has never travelled abroad. No police officer does this shameful thing in developed world. And I insist, it is a shameful act. It is a distraction from their job. Not even mere security guards can do this abroad.
Even if the police is to clear the road, this is not the way. If onions on the road is considered dangerous, that road should be closed and a dignified clearing adopted. policemen should not be dashing across a highway packing onions in their hats in full glare. It is shameful and unprofessional.
Re: Policemen Pack Onions With Their Helmets In Kogi (Photos) by basadenet: 4:00pm On Nov 19, 2016
Real poverty.
Re: Policemen Pack Onions With Their Helmets In Kogi (Photos) by Princejboy(m): 4:46pm On Nov 19, 2016
lol they re keeping the road clean
Re: Policemen Pack Onions With Their Helmets In Kogi (Photos) by Rasque1759(m): 6:19pm On Nov 19, 2016
they're doing onion sanitation....
Re: Policemen Pack Onions With Their Helmets In Kogi (Photos) by nurusystem(m): 6:20pm On Nov 19, 2016
he no mean now,Nigeria haha
Re: Policemen Pack Onions With Their Helmets In Kogi (Photos) by nurusystem(m): 6:22pm On Nov 19, 2016
4tune490:
Dnt mind d OP he's just jealous.
thank you jor

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Big Monitor Lizard Caught By Soldiers, Prepared As Pepper Soup / Photo Of Big Antelope Killed By A Hunter / My Evening Meal Many Years After Graduation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.