Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,288 members, 7,839,428 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 06:56 PM

The Ancestral Curses - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Ancestral Curses (25524 Views)

Bishop Oyedepo Curses Boko Haram, Miyetti Allah Over Suicide Bomber At Winners / Why Do We Always Inherite Only Ancestral Curses And Not Blessings / How Do You Fight An Ancestral Python Spirit? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Ancestral Curses by SUPOL(m): 3:20pm On Nov 20, 2016
Seun:

If a particular illness runs in your family, it is probably because the disease is genetic in nature. For example, there are families in which every woman develops breast cancer at a particular age. Scientists have found that certain genes are responsible for their tendency to have breast cancer. Angelina Jolie discovered that she has this gene and decided to go for a preventive double mastectomy in order to avoid it. She has also opted to adopt kids so she won't pass the genes to the next generation. Some families tend to have a lot of sicklers, and this is because of the sickle cell gene. The solution is for people from such families to marry people who don't have the gene at all. These are medical issues, and not spiritual. When you attribute medical issues to evil spirits, you prevent the victims from seeking the medical help that they need. How wicked!

If marital problems run in your family, it's probably because nobody in your family knows how a healthy marriage works. Almost everything you know about marriage comes from your parents, and you are likely to make the same mistakes that they did. The solution is to educate yourself on marriage from external sources like books, the Internet, etc and to make sure the partner you choose is very compatible with you and preferably comes from a healthy family. And to seek counseling from marriage counselors, not your pastor who may not know much. If both partners in a marriage come from broken homes, it's highly likely to fail, unless both of them work really really hard to make it work.

If financial problems run in your family, it's due to lack of financial knowledge and education. The solution is to break that cycle by getting educated in an economically viable profession (not Yoruba Studies) and being enterprising. Also, it would be foolish to make financial decisions based on your parents' advice if your parents are poor or financially illiterate. You need to have advisers who know more than they do.

If bad habits such as alcoholism, smoking or drug addiction run in your family, the solution is to never expose yourself to these vices. Never take a glass of wine. Never try cigarettes. Never try drugs. Never keep a friend who does any of these things. Never go to a party or night club where you will be pressured to try these things. Because you are likely to be more susceptible to addiction than most people. One sip of wine could place you on the path to ruin. So don't risk it! However, if the habit bothering you is masturbation, don't worry about it; it's normal.

The suggestion that any problem that runs in your family could be caused by imaginary "ancestral curses" is damaging because it distracts you from the real causes of your problems and the real solutions. It's not even biblical anyway, in my opinion.
let him that has ear hear, seun my guy, remember me in ur kingdom
Re: The Ancestral Curses by Mujtahida: 3:21pm On Nov 20, 2016
The power of the word! Everything is consciousness and the word is consciousness. Most people think the word of God is only good words. Na lie! All words, good or bad are the words of God because they can reproduce themselves. Cause and effect - apart from moral categories of good or bad- is an unchanging law of the universe.(we can all relate to the experience of being told 'Johnny you are are intelligent, you are strong, you are a failure, you are ugly' etc and how those words make us see ourselves that way and how eventually we become that word) Speak a good word, it would reproduce itself once it is believed, speak a bad word it would reproduce itself once it is believed. This law is not a respecter of persons, moral categories, religion, race or tribe. Good or bad doesn't matter. What matters is believe and effect. Once a word is believed it would surely accomplish the purpose for which it is sent(effect). Every negative word believed is a curse. Every positive word believed is a blessing. Now what is a curse? Forget all the hoodoo of the churches and vigorously cast aside the vicious cunning and craftiness of religious quacks who exploit people's fear and ignorance by making curses seem mysterious, who put a smoke of inscrutablity on what is simple and plain so that they can defraud your soul. Listen! There are clearly scientific and psychological basis to the phenomenon called curses. (Please I urge interested persons to Google epigenetics) Simply, a curse is a negative word that is believed. It is a seed - word sown(believed by) in a person's, a family's, a tribe's consciousness. A curse is a negative pattern. It replicates itself, it reproduces itself once it is believed. That's how curses operate. And the good news is that based on the universal law of reversibility curses can be broken, they can be reversed, the negative word-seed can be changed, the destructive pattern corrected. All these can be done without going to see a prophet, a pastor, without praying and begging and wailing to God, without fasting(but if your faith can be motivated by all of the above then by all means see a prophet, pastor, and pray, fast). But just know that ultimately the the power lies in You. All that is really needed is faith and time, knowledge and determination and commitment. In the same way curses operate to destroy through faith(believe), ignorance and time so also curses can be broken through faith (believe) and time and knowledge . How can this be done? Simply(but remember, simple things are difficult) by replacing every negative pattern or consciousness in your life with a positive word-poverty with riches, sickness with health, lack with abundance. Keep the positive word in your consciousness. Sow it into your spirit. positive thinking and more importantly positive believe and feelings works. We fail because we give up too soon. Stay with the positive word(faith) and in time it would accomplish the purpose for which it is sent as in the result for which it is believed would manifest- for every word must become flesh once it is charged with faith. All of reality is word, word, word. This is absolutely important for parents especially mothers. The time to create great destinies is from the moment of conception. As you are opening your legs, also open your mind and heart and take in the seed of greatness for your child. Don't just conceive a child. Abeg try to conceive along with the child, a dream, a great destiny. And it is not by saying I want Johnny to be a Doctor, a Lawyer etc. See visions of greatness for your child and leave it to nature and the inherent genius and innate ability, gifting of the child to give specific cast to your dream, to your good word. You just tell them everyday how great they are, how beautiful, how intelligent they are, tell them they are champions even when they fail. I know all this because from the time I was nine years old a negative word was sown into my life by a whole community. Yes! I heard the negative word again and again, I was taunted with it, harassed with it, choked with it. In the end I unconsciously believed it and it manifested in my life. I carried that consciousness like a shadow, it became my inner soul identity. You see, it matters not whether what you are told is the truth or not. What matters is whether you perceive it to be true(remember, a lie if carefully and consistently repeated would be made to look like the truth- A. Hitler). I cannot now tell how much toll it took on me, how it stole my soul, how it blackened my world. I am 34 now. I prayed, I fasted, I cried and wept, I grovelled before a silent and unspeaking God, I read my Bible, all to no avail. My chains only sunk deep into my flesh and imprisoned me. Only this year through knowledge, meditation and determination have I begun to reclaim myself and I am unwrapping the shroud that covered me slowly, gradually, I am blowing away the dark pall that has hovered over me. I examined how I came to be twisted, I understood how through time, having persisted in that negative consciousness, it took effect on me and I realised that if it could work negatively, it could also work positively if I replace the negative word(consciousness) with a positive word(consciousness) after I learnt of the seven principles of Hermes Trismesgestus, after I learnt through the Internet about neuroplasticity(the incredible ability of our brains to form new neural connections) neurosculpting, the power of consciousness, meditation, positive affirmations, I Am confessions, the writings of Neville Goddard, John Murphy, Ernest Holmes Google and download their books or read online) etc. It's not been easy but I am determined to be totally free and indeed I KNOW I AM FREE EVEN NOW! Now I am a healer, I am a healer, I am a healer.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Ancestral Curses by LaClicKLaBenDin(m): 3:23pm On Nov 20, 2016
mmsen:

Why is masturbation 'immoral'? Who/What is harmed by the act?

I really do not have time for arguments.

If you're a masturbator, keep it up, and encourage your kids to do same. Your life, your business.

3 Likes

Re: The Ancestral Curses by mmsen: 3:24pm On Nov 20, 2016
LaClicKLaBenDin:

I really do not have time for arguments.

If you're a masturbator, keep it up, and encourage your kids to do same. Your life, your business.

It's a question, not an argument.

Why is it immoral? Who is harmed by masturbation?

1 Like

Re: The Ancestral Curses by edebemba(m): 3:26pm On Nov 20, 2016
Seun:

How do you know which cases are due to the so-called "ancestral curses" and which cases are due to genetics, education, bad decisions, etc?

There are some things that happen to us, repeating itself from one generation to another, which we can not explain and if it is evil, we regard it as a curse. Take one example from the Bible. When there was famine in the land, Abraham and his wife, Sarai decided to relocate to Egypt. Since they had no child, they moved on at once, As they approached the border he told his wife to lie to the immigration officials that she is a sister and not his wife.-Gen12:12-13
Years later, Abraham had a son called Issac. With the passage of time I Isaac grew up and got married. When Abraham died, lsaac left his town and moved to live in another city called Gerar. But each time the men of Gerar asked him about his wife he would tell a lie that she is his sister, and not his wife.-Gen 26:6-7
Now let us reason together. When Abraham told this lie Isaac was not there. He had not been burned. And years later when Isaac told his own lie Abraham was not there. He had died. How come that father and son told the same lie when they were never together? The answer is that this is a trait that runs in the family from one generation to another. It is much in the same way that some families have certain types of sickness or poverty or deaths or hardship ravaging them from one generation to another and they regard such as curse.

2 Likes

Re: The Ancestral Curses by LaClicKLaBenDin(m): 3:26pm On Nov 20, 2016
mmsen:

It's a question, not an argument.

Why is it immoral? Who is harmed by masturbation?

If you really want to know, ask Google.
Re: The Ancestral Curses by Dhugal: 3:28pm On Nov 20, 2016
Scholar8200:
Now, Earthkumy, consider the analysis below and kindly share your thoughts:

Jesus had 12 disciples who were Israelites and He never bade them deal with ancestral curses. However, hear what he said to those who rejected Him:

29 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! because ye build the tombs of the prophets, and garnish the sepulchres of the righteous,

30 And say, If we had been in the days of our fathers, we would not have been partakers with them in the blood of the prophets.

31 [size=14pt]Wherefore ye be witnesses unto yourselves, that ye are the children of them which killed the prophets.[/size]

32 [size=18pt]Fill ye up then the measure of your fathers.[/size]

33 Ye serpents, ye generation of vipers, how can ye escape the damnation of hell?

34 Wherefore, behold, I send unto you prophets, and wise men, and scribes: and some of them ye shall kill and crucify; and some of them shall ye scourge in your synagogues, and persecute them from city to city:

35 That upon you may come all the righteous blood shed upon the earth, from the blood of righteous Abel unto the blood of Zacharias son of Barachias, whom ye slew between the temple and the altar.
Matthew 23:29-35

Now these are my points:

1. The pharisees appeared to be doing a good or perhaps remedial action but it only made them more guilty;Why? they had the sin of unbelief(Major cause of condemnation John 3:18)
2. The eligibility of the pharisees to be partakers of an inherited judgement stemmed not from what they tried to do to exonerate themselves but their rejection of Christ and unbelief.
3. The disciples who were at the scene were neither referenced openly as being also guilty being Israelites, nor exhorted privately to do something to be free. Why? They believed on Jesus and were free from condemnation, Jesus also pronounced them clean.
4.Vs 32 shows that they, by their self-invented conciliatory measures (whole persisting in unbelief) were linking themselves as partakers of the sin of the perpetrators.

What am I driving at?
1. The sting of death (ultimate curse of the law) is sin; if a Christian is having these issues, the first inclination should not be deliverance but examination in His Presence. Just as unbelief (a great sin) made the pharisees able partakers of their fathers' sins and the curse it deserved, there might be certain sins that may be unchecked in the believer's life. It may not be deliberate, active sin. Perhaps an outstanding restitution, holding back from giving ourselves God (due to unbelief), withdrawing consecration once made, unwitting participation in the sin of others etc
-David had a 3-year famine thank God he inquired of God and saw that there was an unmitigated injustice to be rectified;
-Joshua lost a battle thank God he humbled himself before God and saw that a member of the church had flouted God's express word;
-Jehoshaphat's investment failed because he maintained unequal yoke with a sinner not because he was Asa's son. etc

Are these similar to the action of the Pharisees? NO! the Pharisees rejected the Lord and busied themselves with what was neither commanded in the law of Moses nor revelations of the prophets.

2. Ignorance (in-law to unbelief). God said His people are in captivity not because the enemies are stronger or that they have a legal right but because His people were ignorant.

I am here to learn.

God bless you.
Also,check out God's word in the Old Testament, long before Jesus,in the book of Ezekiel.
Ezekiel 18King James Version (KJV)
18 The word of the Lord came unto me again, saying,
2 What mean ye, that ye use this proverb concerning the land of Israel, saying, The fathers have eaten sour grapes, and the children's teeth are set on edge?
3 As I live, saith the Lord God, ye shall not have occasion any more to use this proverb in Israel.
4 Behold, all souls are mine; as the soul of the father, so also the soul of the son is mine: the soul that sinneth, it shall die.
5 But if a man be just, and do that which is lawful and right,
6 And hath not eaten upon the mountains, neither hath lifted up his eyes to the idols of the house of Israel, neither hath defiled his neighbour's wife, neither hath come near to a menstruous woman,
7 And hath not oppressed any, but hath restored to the debtor his pledge, hath spoiled none by violence, hath given his bread to the hungry, and hath covered the naked with a garment;
8 He that hath not given forth upon usury, neither hath taken any increase, that hath withdrawn his hand from iniquity, hath executed true judgment between man and man,
9 Hath walked in my statutes, and hath kept my judgments, to deal truly; he is just, he shall surely live, saith the Lord God.
10 If he beget a son that is a robber, a shedder of blood, and that doeth the like to any one of these things,
11 And that doeth not any of those duties, but even hath eaten upon the mountains, and defiled his neighbour's wife,
12 Hath oppressed the poor and needy, hath spoiled by violence, hath not restored the pledge, and hath lifted up his eyes to the idols, hath committed abomination,
13 Hath given forth upon usury, and hath taken increase: shall he then live? he shall not live: he hath done all these abominations; he shall surely die; his blood shall be upon him.
14 Now, lo, if he beget a son, that seeth all his father's sins which he hath done, and considereth, and doeth not such like,
15 That hath not eaten upon the mountains, neither hath lifted up his eyes to the idols of the house of Israel, hath not defiled his neighbour's wife,
16 Neither hath oppressed any, hath not withholden the pledge, neither hath spoiled by violence, but hath given his bread to the hungry, and hath covered the naked with a garment,
17 That hath taken off his hand from the poor, that hath not received usury nor increase, hath executed my judgments, hath walked in my statutes; he shall not die for the iniquity of his father, he shall surely live.
18 As for his father, because he cruelly oppressed, spoiled his brother by violence, and did that which is not good among his people, lo, even he shall die in his iniquity.
19 Yet say ye, Why? doth not the son bear the iniquity of the father? When the son hath done that which is lawful and right, and hath kept all my statutes, and hath done them, he shall surely live.
20 The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him.
21 But if the wicked will turn from all his sins that he hath committed, and keep all my statutes, and do that which is lawful and right, he shall surely live, he shall not die.
22 All his transgressions that he hath committed, they shall not be mentioned unto him: in his righteousness that he hath done he shall live.
23 Have I any pleasure at all that the wicked should die? saith the Lord God: and not that he should return from his ways, and live?
24 But when the righteous turneth away from his righteousness, and committeth iniquity, and doeth according to all the abominations that the wicked man doeth, shall he live? All his righteousness that he hath done shall not be mentioned: in his trespass that he hath trespassed, and in his sin that he hath sinned, in them shall he die.
25 Yet ye say, The way of the Lord is not equal. Hear now, O house of Israel; Is not my way equal? are not your ways unequal?
26 When a righteous man turneth away from his righteousness, and committeth iniquity, and dieth in them; for his iniquity that he hath done shall he die.
27 Again, when the wicked man turneth away from his wickedness that he hath committed, and doeth that which is lawful and right, he shall save his soul alive.
28 Because he considereth, and turneth away from all his transgressions that he hath committed, he shall surely live, he shall not die.
29 Yet saith the house of Israel, The way of the
Lord is not equal. O house of Israel, are not my ways equal? are not your ways unequal?
30 Therefore I will judge you, O house of Israel, every one according to his ways, saith the Lord
God. Repent, and turn yourselves from all your transgressions; so iniquity shall not be your ruin.
31 Cast away from you all your transgressions, whereby ye have transgressed; and make you a new heart and a new spirit: for why will ye die, O house of Israel?
32 For I have no pleasure in the death of him that dieth, saith the Lord God: wherefore turn yourselves, and live ye.
King James Version (KJV)

There's nothing like ancestral curse in a Christian's life.That's paganism garbed as Pentecostal doctrine.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Ancestral Curses by mmsen: 3:29pm On Nov 20, 2016
LaClicKLaBenDin:

If you really want to know, ask Google.

Google is useful for ascertaining facts not for deciphering questions of morality.

Seeing as you are the one who made the statement why are you now refusing to support your statement with logic?
Re: The Ancestral Curses by Gift101(m): 3:33pm On Nov 20, 2016
geronimoedeh1:

deception at its peak...wat if dose people dat u assumed fall under d anointing of d holy spirit were actually payed to act it up n decieve d gullible people lik u....or tactically bein induced to fall..
it happend to me...d pastor waz rolling his hands on my head wit a lot of pressure bt i stood my ground n maintained balance....
d pastor got angry n slapped me n ask my dad to take me out of his Church dat i had a strong evil spirit...lol.....

Did the pastor also bribe my aunty and senior bro ?

1 Like

Re: The Ancestral Curses by Exciton(m): 3:42pm On Nov 20, 2016
Generalyemi:
if some sicknesses n diseases are hereditary.. y Nt curses

Goddamn! You go school at all??
Re: The Ancestral Curses by LaClicKLaBenDin(m): 3:52pm On Nov 20, 2016
Now, to the topic itself, there is something called "ancestral curse". It runs in the family, and it is carried out by a particular demon that is resident in the family, and since demons don't die, they can live for generations and carry these courses from generation to generation.

Many people who are reading this post can relate to it, whether they accept it or not. In some families, all male children die at a specific age, it could be 30, 29, 50 or whatever age, but it is very specific!

In other families, it could be that ladies do not marry at all, no matter how pretty and well mannered they are. They don't just marry. In some other families, it could be divorce: either all the men or women marry and leave their marriages.

In some families, it is incest and it occurs in a chain reaction.

Other families may experience adultery: a situation where everyone is adulterous. I personally know of a family where every elder brother must commit adultery with the wife of his younger brother and after that, the adulterer commits suicide.

Some families suffer from perpetual false accusations: a situation where a particular family is always accused of a heinous crime, and it is later discovered that the accusations were false.

In some other families, they tend to get rich very quickly and at a very specific age, they get broke and remain that way for life. They could also get rich at an early age and die at an early age.

In some other families, once they start buildinga house or build to a particular level, they either become broke or die. In such families people are afraid to build houses, no matter how rich they are.

In some particular families, theirs is childlessness, especially for females and sometimes, all the men of such families are impotent.

My dear people, if any of this issues are prevalent in your family and it has been there for long, please and please, it is possibly the operation of a curse. Don't listen to all these scientists here who know more than their Creator. Look for solution, and don't relax and think it will go away. It can only go away when the spirit responsible for these occurrences is banished from your family.

You can tag it medical issues, psychological issues or whatever you like, it won't change the fact that science can't give you solution, neither will medicine.

Tackle the root of your problems and have a permanent solution.

The spiritual controls the physical: anything that is done in the spiritual is permanent and can only be undone spiritually.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Ancestral Curses by Nobody: 3:53pm On Nov 20, 2016
accountbalance:

My point is that there is nothing like ancestral curses. The example I gave there is to show you that those beliefs only exist in your mind and the earlier you get rid of them, the better for you. I have seen first hand how those wrong beliefs have destroyed things hence my comment.

Hope am no longer out of point smiley

It's 100% real. There are people who have tried everything to excel in life but their efforts are futile as soon as yokes are broken that person's life changes for good. I have seen a prostitute who abandoned her child from childbirth. The child never knew her mother and she grew up in an environment where the other kids graduated from school and became successful people whereas she ended up being a prostitute taking children without fathers to their house like her mother did

What of children whose father died as a thief, the boys also took after their dad despite not growing up under him.

Whatever you do has consequences of the lives of your kids.

1 Like

Re: The Ancestral Curses by hoodboy(m): 4:00pm On Nov 20, 2016
Karleb:

Why do I feel like this is a non issue? What's wrong if you give birth to girls only, not to talk of having less than 4 boys?

It was more about bring broken free from links with ancestral covenants, not like I plan to have more than 2 boys sef, but I'm sure grateful God delivered victory to my father, that's one less issue to worry about.
Re: The Ancestral Curses by ezechinwa2: 4:00pm On Nov 20, 2016
accountbalance:

Goodluck to you on re-orientation of these gullible people's mindset. This is actually where most of the problem we have in Nigeria stems from.

Everyday I see people living their lives based on archaic superstitions and believes.

For instance, my educated aunt almost lost her life while giving birth in a church because she thought some evil spirit in the family were after her unborn child so she refused to go for antenatal. Of course, the poor foetus died due to unhealthy delivery.

I really love the way you are trying to open people's mind to critical thinking but I just don't know if it's possible to correct so many people's thought. People's mind have been really messed up in this part of the world, no thanks to our pastors and prophets.

God bless you bro.
Africa itself is in a huge curse.
Good Weather, Good Skin , Science started in Africa but yet we cant produce iPhone.
An Average African spends his/her lifetime believing in some nibolous spirits and always looking for spirits to blame.

We still burn people alive because a certain pastor called them a witch.
Re: The Ancestral Curses by ezechinwa2: 4:06pm On Nov 20, 2016
Pidgin2:

It's 100% real. There are people who have tried everything to excel in life but their efforts are futile as soon as yokes are broken that person's life changes for good. I have seen a prostitute who abandoned her child from childbirth. The child never knew her mother and she grew up in an environment where the other kids graduated from school and became successful people whereas she ended up being a prostitute taking children without fathers to their house like her mother did

What of children whose father died as a thief, the boys also took after their dad despite not growing up under him.

Most times its due to genes and environment.
believe it or not, we share a fair share of genes with our ancestors. but no matter the genetic components, it call always be altered by making life changing decisions and altering the environment.

1 Like

Re: The Ancestral Curses by dumodust(m): 4:09pm On Nov 20, 2016
Main post below
Re: The Ancestral Curses by dumodust(m): 4:09pm On Nov 20, 2016
Phi001:

Really?
Considering it's my family I'm talking about, I'm quite certain I know what I'm talking about.
Curse was meant for firstborn males. They usually died at 49. The closest one of them reached was 49.5 then suddenly he died.

Thankfully, the curse got broken with my dad. Man's a solid pastor. I know how many accidents he had in the final six months before he reached 50.
He's 58 now.
I know a family that their kids were dying in their 30s... luckily they had money and didnt believe in voodoo. Autopsy and the right tests revealed they had familial hypercholesterolaemia which was shutting their hearts down early and guess what? It can be controlled.
Some of these diseases can skip individuals or generations or may not be fully expressed in some individuals in the family- check or google penetrance and expressivity in genetics. Maybe your dad is the lucky one.
Weird things do certainly happen in 0.001% of cases, but most often than not, there is a rational explainable cause

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The Ancestral Curses by GindoX(m): 4:09pm On Nov 20, 2016
GossipHeart:

Things i don't believe in

*God

*Satan

*Heaven

*Bible

*Any Religion

*Voodoo

*Juju/Charms

*Evil spirits

*Ancestral curses

An example : If God exists or prayer works, Nigeria is the most spiritual and most God loving country in the world,
Why isn't Nigeria greater than the most sinful, most evil, most corrupt country in the world (USA)??

Do u realize we are free agents? Sometimes we marr our ways through our thoughts and actions when we fail to seek God's face
Re: The Ancestral Curses by blueskies(f): 4:17pm On Nov 20, 2016
LaClicKLaBenDin:

Seun, the bolded really got me wondering....

I really don't know how to put it to you, so I don't sound out of line, but I will just let you know that it is one thing to go astray, but entirely a different thing to encourage people to feel comfortable in doing the wrong things.

This site is helping to erode the morals of the young minds here. This is a faceless forum, and as such, even children could be members and read all these stuff we write here.

With all due respect, Seun, you're someone of influence, someone a lot of people here look up to, and I think you're using that influence negatively. What do you think a young mind who is growing up would feel, reading your statement as it concerns masturbation? Would you encourage your kids to indulge in masturbation? Do you know how this can effect their mental and psychological state?

I am of the opinion that you should minimise the way you present some sensitive issues, especially when it has to do with morality.

No disrespect intended.
. I totally agree with u, thanks a lot for sayin dis. How can he say as for masturbation,dnt worry, its normal! Even though I didn't totally agree with al he said, I believe der r generational curses, though it doesn't explain all problems we av in our world 2day, not al problems ar as a result of generational curses, but dat was d least I expected. Am disappointed!
Re: The Ancestral Curses by dumodust(m): 4:22pm On Nov 20, 2016
hoodboy:

Let me share my something i personally experienced for your sake.

In my family lineage, no person gave birth to more than three boys, this dates back to my great grand fathers, My grand father had two brothers, and each of them gave birth to only 3 sons, and each of the three sons gave birth to only 3 sons as well (i was among the 3sons of my dad).

On quick glance, you might not think much of the situation, my dad had 4 children, 3 boys and a girl, quite perfect family size. But on a faithful day in church, a guest minister was praying against ancestral curses and asked anyone who felt he had such ties to come out for prayers, at first my dad didn't come out, but when he realised "the 3 son issue" he quickly jumped out, was about the last person to come out (his own account). He prayed for that curse to be broken, and later that year my mum got pregnant, 8 years after she had hung her boots.

The warfare that surrounded that pregnancy wasn't funny, things became very tight financially so hard that when my mum was due for delivery, we weren't even able to buy any of the required things. the first thing that came was a baby bath, which our family friend brought to the house. God is always one step ahead, my mom's brother came back to Nigeria just as my brother was conceived and everything my brother used during his first months, from diapers to powder to clothes, he brought with him from america.

Just as if he knew he came during trying times, the boy would never ever cried for food for one day, secondly he didn't ever eat up to one bowl of cereal or any of the baby foods, we tried everything but he just couldn't eat it, the only thing that would go in and stay in was 'Ogi baba' and that is what he was weaned on.

After the birth of my brother, extended families that had been suck with 3 boys started to give birth to more than 3 boys, four years after my brother we had our last brother.

Ancestral curses, agreement, bondage are real.

Hogwash and old wives tales.
Go and read about genetics and probabilities... i dont know when giving birth to 3 sons became an issue? We are 3 sons in my family, several of my extended family members have 3 sons, my sis has 3 sons but i never went about blaming my ancestors.
Sex selection has to do with the male spermatozoa which can be x or y meeting the ovum to produce either xx (female) or xy (male). Maybe the proportion of 'y' spermatozoa is much more than 'x' in the males and bros, all na chance and God.
Thank God you guys are bearing kids self and that their is no case of infertility.

1 Like

Re: The Ancestral Curses by Jimmyo3(m): 4:22pm On Nov 20, 2016
Liveair:
Never.
The earlier you believed less in the Spiritual, the faster you emancipate yourself.
Woe unto to those who don't believe in ancestral curses or spirituality for even the very SCIENCE which you embrace has agreed in accordance and proved beyond doubt that spirituality is real. And that activities in the spiritual realm affects our physical reality in one way or the order because whatever takes form and manifest as physical evidence have existed in the spiritual realm..... This is what SCIENCE says and not me.
ezechinwa2:

Most times its due to genes and environment.
believe it or not, we share a fair share of genes with our ancestors. but no matter the genetic components, it call always be altered by making life changing decisions and altering the environment.
Liveair:
Never.
The earlier you believed less in the Spiritual, the faster you emancipate yourself.
Woe unto to those who don't believe in ancestral curses or spirituality for even the very SCIENCE which you embrace has agreed in accordance and proved beyond doubt that spirituality is real. And that activities in the spiritual realm affects our physical reality in one way or the order because whatever takes form and manifest as physical evidence have existed in the spiritual realm..... This is what SCIENCE says and not me.
Re: The Ancestral Curses by Shafiiimran99: 4:29pm On Nov 20, 2016
It is against Jesus believe

9 As he went along, he saw a man blind from birth. 2 His disciples asked him, “Rabbi, who sinned, this man or his parents, that he was born blind?”
3 “Neither this man nor his parents sinned,” said Jesus, “but this happened so that the works of God might be displayed in him

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Ancestral Curses by dumodust(m): 4:29pm On Nov 20, 2016
Pidgin2:

Genetics has a wide role to play in mentally and intelligence, both good things and bad things emanate from it. Some genetic aberrations predispose to criminal tendencies. The environment only modifies or enhances traits you already carry. The right environment may prevent some from manifesting. Some things have been so ingrained in our genes and chromosomes that they are now called natural instincts.
If you isolate a male and female on an island from birth, they will still know how to feed, defend themselves, shag and produce kids. Are those generational curses too?

1 Like

Re: The Ancestral Curses by afamaustin(m): 4:33pm On Nov 20, 2016
l need a man or a woman of God.someone help me.
Re: The Ancestral Curses by Shafiiimran99: 4:34pm On Nov 20, 2016
Jimmyo3:
Woe unto to those who don't believe in ancestral curses or spirituality for even the very SCIENCE which you embrace has agreed in accordance and proved beyond doubt that spirituality is real. And that activities in the spiritual realm affects our physical reality in one way or the order because whatever takes form and manifest as physical evidence have existed in the spiritual realm..... This is what SCIENCE says and not me.Woe unto to those who don't believe in ancestral curses or spirituality for even the very SCIENCE which you embrace has agreed in accordance and proved beyond doubt that spirituality is real. And that activities in the spiritual realm affects our physical reality in one way or the order because whatever takes form and manifest as physical evidence have existed in the spiritual realm..... This is what SCIENCE says and not me.
What did Jesus save then?
Re: The Ancestral Curses by dumodust(m): 4:37pm On Nov 20, 2016
Jimmyo3:
Woe unto to those who don't believe in ancestral curses or spirituality for even the very SCIENCE which you embrace has agreed in accordance and proved beyond doubt that spirituality is real. And that activities in the spiritual realm affects our physical reality in one way or the order because whatever takes form and manifest as physical evidence have existed in the spiritual realm..... This is what SCIENCE says and not me.Woe unto to those who don't believe in ancestral curses or spirituality for even the very SCIENCE which you embrace has agreed in accordance and proved beyond doubt that spirituality is real. And that activities in the spiritual realm affects our physical reality in one way or the order because whatever takes form and manifest as physical evidence have existed in the spiritual realm..... This is what SCIENCE says and not me.

We are having a rational conversation here and suddenly you bring in your brand of negativity with your distasteful habits of 'woe unto you' to people you dont even know.
If you have claims that science has seen spirits, please bring verifiable evidence or links here. It is not by writing 'science' in capital letters and making claims, insulting everyones intelligence in a bid to ram it down our throats. We can't be hoodwinked, we werent educated for nothing.
Everybody is entitled to believe what they want. Learnt to tolerate other people's views as we tolerate yours

3 Likes

Re: The Ancestral Curses by Phi001(m): 4:37pm On Nov 20, 2016
dumodust:

I know a family that their kids were dying in their 30s... luckily they had money and didnt believe in voodoo. Autopsy and the right tests revealed they had familial hypercholesterolaemia which was shutting their hearts down early and guess what? It can be controlled.
Some of these diseases can skip individuals or generations or may not be fully expressed in some individuals in the family- check or google penetrance and expressivity in genetics. Maybe your dad is the lucky one.
Weird things do certainly happen in 0.001% of cases, but most often than not, there is a rational explainable cause
Would you believe it if I told you that other males were living beyond 50?
None of the males that died had health challenges.
Some of them died in accidents after their 49th. In another case, the person was shot.
My father had at least 6 accidents just before his 50th birthday.
Re: The Ancestral Curses by Padipadi: 4:41pm On Nov 20, 2016
Seun:
It depends on the reason for not graduating in each case. If you have an example, give us the details so we can explain it to you properly. smiley
Ogunseun, olori awon atheists.
We v seen you.
There is generational curse. There is no mathematical explanation to grandfather, father & son that died before 40 years. As much as I don't completely agree with religion 100%,they are right with this topic.

You can as well debunk that their is no spiritualism & let me hit you with a ring that ll dry you up within 7 days
Re: The Ancestral Curses by dumodust(m): 4:46pm On Nov 20, 2016
Phi001:

Would you believe it if I told you that other males were living beyond 50?
None of the males that died had health challenges.
Some of them died in accidents after their 49th. In another case, the person was shot.
My father had at least 6 accidents just before his 50th birthday.

Every family has had their share of tragedies, people die in different ways, it's life and much sinister meaning shouldn't be attached to it. I have buried my mum and other family members. Other people have too, we are not immortals, people live to die. The 40s is a decade of hustle by men to fend for their kids and the travelling and stress is bound to take a toll on health and predispose to death.
I hope you are aware the average life expectancy of Nigerian males is about 50 years. The bad roads, faulty cars, bad hospitals and lifestyles are bound to tell too, its not exactly rocket science. Every action has an equal and opposite reaction. In western countries like the UK, average life expectancy is about 80 yrs and men are even marrying new wives and undertaking hip replacements in such countries in preparation for a longer life because they are well taken care of.
Re: The Ancestral Curses by Nobody: 4:47pm On Nov 20, 2016
dumodust:

Genetics has a wide role to play in mentally and intelligence, both good things and bad things emanate from it. Some genetic aberrations predispose to criminal tendencies. The environment only modifies or enhances traits you already carry. The right environment may prevent some from manifesting. Some things have been so ingrained in our genes and chromosomes that they are now called natural instincts.
If you isolate a male and female on an island from birth, they will still know how to feed, defend themselves, shag and produce kids. Are those generational curses too?

These are natural human functions, it's just like saying how did they learn how to defecate? It's different from prostitution or armed robbery, it's different from having kids out of wedlock or becoming a thug like a father a child never met.

There are patterns existing in people's families that have absolutely nothing to do with genes, there's nothing in someone's gene that makes her likely to have a child out of wedlock, like her grandmother did and her mother too, FYI, I know someone who this thing happened to and she never met her grandmum or her mother

2 Likes

Re: The Ancestral Curses by McTobe(m): 4:49pm On Nov 20, 2016
Seun:

If a particular illness runs in your family, it is probably because the disease is genetic in nature. For example, there are families in which every woman develops breast cancer at a particular age. Scientists have found that certain genes are responsible for their tendency to have breast cancer. Angelina Jolie discovered that she has this gene and decided to go for a preventive double mastectomy in order to avoid it. She has also opted to adopt kids so she won't pass the genes to the next generation. Some families tend to have a lot of sicklers, and this is because of the sickle cell gene. The solution is for people from such families to marry people who don't have the gene at all. These are medical issues, and not spiritual. When you attribute medical issues to evil spirits, you prevent the victims from seeking the medical help that they need. How wicked!

If marital problems run in your family, it's probably because nobody in your family knows how a healthy marriage works. Almost everything you know about marriage comes from your parents, and you are likely to make the same mistakes that they did. The solution is to educate yourself on marriage from external sources like books, the Internet, etc and to make sure the partner you choose is very compatible with you and preferably comes from a healthy family. And to seek counseling from marriage counselors, not your pastor who may not know much. If both partners in a marriage come from broken homes, it's highly likely to fail, unless both of them work really really hard to make it work.

If financial problems run in your family, it's due to lack of financial knowledge and education. The solution is to break that cycle by getting educated in an economically viable profession (not Yoruba Studies) and being enterprising. Also, it would be foolish to make financial decisions based on your parents' advice if your parents are poor or financially illiterate. You need to have advisers who know more than they do.

If bad habits such as alcoholism, smoking or drug addiction run in your family, the solution is to never expose yourself to these vices. Never take a glass of wine. Never try cigarettes. Never try drugs. Never keep a friend who does any of these things. Never go to a party or night club where you will be pressured to try these things. Because you are likely to be more susceptible to addiction than most people. One sip of wine could place you on the path to ruin. So don't risk it! However, if the habit bothering you is masturbation, don't worry about it; it's normal.

The suggestion that any problem that runs in your family could be caused by imaginary "ancestral curses" is damaging because it distracts you from the real causes of your problems and the real solutions. It's not even biblical anyway, in my opinion.
I agree to your submission to a greater extent than to a belief in any ancestral curse. However it is my conviction that likes attract like as far as whole specie is concerned (since the idea that unlike attract is simply refering to part species that come together to form one whole specie) So every individual at birth is attracted to the right family through which he will experience a new life and is also given a new opportunity to be a better person. The so called ancestral curse is therefore nothing but an individual experiencing what he has inflicted upon other human beings or better put reaping the seed he has sown in a previous earthlife & so rightly deserves. That is to say that the different situations of birth & other life experiences whether we see them as good or bad are in most cases returning thread of fate from our past earth life. This explains the reasons for different situations we find ourselves in. GOD exist but he doesn't intervene directly in the affairs of men rather his will that have brought creation into being and sustains it is what work to apportion people what they deserve. This also explains why sometimes it seems like some people who you see to be good have to suffer unjustfully, but they are simply paying for their former misdeeds which may lie in a past earthlife. This law is called law of sowing & reaping & it does not punish but rather in it lies jUSTICE & LOVE of the Almighty father. Justice in the sense that the person who have to suffer unjustly in your hands have gotten redress & love in the sense that the person that inflicted the injury is made free of that which he has inflicted another and so made free of the burden. It is in this sense that the idea of reincarnation now make sense to us. But at birth we have a new opportunity to unknot our bad threads of fate from our past earthlife. We sow seed in creation in this world through our words, thoughts and deed that Must return to us wherever we are, dead or alive because they are attached to us. It is the sensing of this law that exist in creation that we call law of Nature or some call law of Karma but what people don't know is how what they did before will come back to them. Some even go on to say that there is nothing like Reincarnation. But that you cannot explain or understand something doesn't mean that it does not exist.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Pastor 'One Blow' Involved In Accident After 'Betraying' Bishop Obinim / Should I Be Worried Seeing Dead People In My Dreams / My Neighbor Is Pressuring Me To Accept God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 159
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.