Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,204 members, 7,839,104 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 01:50 PM

The Ancestral Curses - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Ancestral Curses (25519 Views)

Bishop Oyedepo Curses Boko Haram, Miyetti Allah Over Suicide Bomber At Winners / Why Do We Always Inherite Only Ancestral Curses And Not Blessings / How Do You Fight An Ancestral Python Spirit? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Ancestral Curses by orizon(m): 4:50pm On Nov 20, 2016
Everyman to his believe, i believe in gals 3 15,I believe in d finished work of Christ, ifd death of Jesus can't erase any ancestral curse am nt sure anytn can,I am no longer any son to any curse BT a son of my fada jesu,Gal 2 20,1john 3 23,gal 4 6,,so t depends on hu are ur ancestors

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Ancestral Curses by dumodust(m): 4:58pm On Nov 20, 2016
Pidgin2:

These are natural human functions, it's just like saying how did they learn how to defecate? It's different from prostitution or armed robbery, it's different from having kids out of wedlock or becoming a thug like a father a child never met.

There are patterns existing in people's families that have absolutely nothing to do with genes, there's nothing in someone's gene that makes her likely to have a child out of wedlock, like her grandmother did and her mother too, FYI, I know someone who this thing happened to and she never met her gtandmum or her mother
The natural tendency for any female of child bearing age is to get pregnant. Its a race preserving tendency so that humans can multiply and not go instinct. You should commend their lineage for honour and having value for human life not condemning them for having kids out of wedlock. From experience, very many women get pregnant out of wedlock, abort it and keep mum. Its not surprising and cant be listed as a family curse or whatever. Everything na probability.
That point being made, i reiterate that genetics determines intelligence and can control behaviour. Though we still have a lot to understand about genetics, its not surprising that a lineage will have the tendency to produce warriors because they transmit genes necessary for the warrior body type and intellect. Likewise for criminals, geniuses etc
It has nothing to do with spirits hovering around the air or touching our brains, its about the choices our genetically constituted brains make and the kind of bodies or phenotypes our genes produce that may lead us to certain tendencies or professions.
A family of voluptuous women may attract more men and be termed prostitutes.
Enough said...

1 Like

Re: The Ancestral Curses by akintom(m): 4:58pm On Nov 20, 2016
LaClicKLaBenDin:

First of all, my post wasn't directed to you. Second of all, I don't think I said anything about how holy I am. Thirdly, I gave my reasons why I think what he said isn't appropriate: this site doesn't have age restriction.

And I don't think you can tell me that his statement regarding masturbation isn't encouraging.

When someone steals and they here you say "stealing is normal, what's the message? I guess it is 'keep stealing'.

Am very aware that your comment wasn't directed at me. And i certainly don't crave response.

But the issue you raised, bordered on indirect implications of topical issue of masturbation,that was mentioned in a public post.

Am emphasizing it again, Seun's comment, with reference to masturbation, isn't ENCOURAGING.

He rather situate it appropriately.

You will do well, to explain how it's encouraging, if you insist.
Re: The Ancestral Curses by Earthkumy(m): 5:02pm On Nov 20, 2016
Mercie97:

I am a member of Assemblies of God too. really nice to meet you sir
God bless you brother.
Re: The Ancestral Curses by Earthkumy(m): 5:10pm On Nov 20, 2016
THE ANCESTRAL CURSES (part 2)

In the chapter one of this massage, I stated that there’s difference between being condemned to spiritual death and having a curse that’s affecting you and your family despite you been born again Christians. When you are born again heaven is sure for you, if you keep company with the Holy Spirit all the days of your Christian life, forget all the worries about eternal life, I boast in the Lord that you are surely going to heaven. The truth is, without the Holy Spirit you will never make head way and you will not make heaven or paradise whichever one you prefer to call it. The Holy Spirit will renew our mortal body into immortal body enabling us to rapture. I pray you get to know the Holy Spirit more, is the Holy Spirit that bears witness with our Spirit that we are a Children of God. The Holy Spirit makes it easy for us to make a daily Christian life easy in the face of difficulties.
Back to ancestral curse, I was praying for one of my friend in my house and the Lord told me that his problem is from his background, I followed the Lord instruction and the yoke was broken. I have seen men of God who love the Lord so much and their background never affected them all through their life, because they are always in right standing with God and when they have Children, if their children do not properly follow the Lord, they will start suffering from the problems of their ancestors line which wasn’t broken in their fathers life (Psalm 89:30). I have also seen another set of Christians who are sincere and yet being affected by their background. I believe if they pray and follow the Holy Spirit instructions, the problem will just be a learning ground for greater height in one’s life just as it was for me. Many will never know what is pulling them down until they start speeding hours praying, and seeking to get answers.
I know a lot of Christians will rather die in a problem, than believe a power somewhere is cursing it in their life. Well, that’s ok provided that you do not backslide because of the problem, as far as I meet you in heaven, is ok by me. Though I have problems of repetition of the pray by some Churches in Nigeria every Sunday. I believe you should fast and pray for your background if you are new in our family (Christian) especially if you are from Africa where idol worship and demonic spiritual worship is common. The Bible said we will cast out demons please exercise that part of the scripture in every part of your life to make your living in this world easier for you as a child of God. Break the yokes around you Mark 16:17.
There’s another set of Christians that I see, they feel's like they need deliverance on their background every time. The devil keep telling them they are not free yet and they believe the devil more than they believe the word of God, even though they call themselves serious Christians, but in truth they are less than babes. I advise you to pray and believe it is settled and you will get the result, if the devil starts playing in your mind please rebuke him, he will flee.
THANK YOU AND GOD BLESS YOU AND PLEASE BE RAPTURABLE.
Pastor Eze Chukwu Earthkumy

1 Like

Re: The Ancestral Curses by Nobody: 5:10pm On Nov 20, 2016
dumodust:

The natural tendency for any female of child bearing age is to get pregnant. Its a race preserving tendency so that humans can multiply and not go instinct. You should commend their lineage for honour and having value for human life not condemning them for having kids out of wedlock. From experience, very many women get pregnant out of wedlock, abort it and keep mum. Its not surprising and cant be listed as a family curse or whatever. Everything na probability.
That point being made, i reiterate that genetics determines intelligence and can control behaviour. Though we still have a lot to understand about genetics, its not surprising that a lineage will have the tendency to produce warriors because they transmit genes necessary for the warrior body type and intellect. Likewise for criminals, geniuses etc
It has nothing to do with spirits hovering around the air or touching our brains, its about the choices our genetically constituted brains make and the kind of bodies or phenotypes our genes produce that may lead us to certain tendencies or professions.
A family of voluptuous women may attract more men and be termed prostitutes.
Enough said...

You keep responding without giving anything much thought. I should be happy for a girl who was an undergraduate (year one) having a child after a failed abortion right? Well, she's not voluptuous, she's not that pretty either, she's also not the only girl who grew up in the same environment, under the same roof. That said, some of you will never believe even though evidence stares you in the face. The grandmother had fatherless kids, her mother too, she same. For us who know better, we will keep braking ancestral curses with the power of God

3 Likes

Re: The Ancestral Curses by McTobe(m): 5:16pm On Nov 20, 2016
Acidosis:
Rightly said:

Generational curses are real.

In some families, it is uncontrollable anger. Theft runs in some families. To some, it is late marriage (does it mean all the female and male in the family smell badly, illiterates and mannerless?). In some families, their men don't live beyond certain age.

There are many people today who are living under bondage that the sins of their forefathers has brought them under.

You remember the death of students in ALUU? Truth is that those guys (and their children) will pay for their sins. When that happens (perhaps through a deadly accident or strange illness), an atheist would most likely blame the poor health care facility or reckless driving.

Don't bother arguing, some things are beyond the physical and unless one believe the spiritual facet of life, it would be hard to understand all you've said.

Even if you won't believe in God's creation through Adam and Eve, and the curses placed on humanity, at least believe in something: maybe Karma, Give and Take Theory.

If you don't believe that, take a stone, throw it to the sky...and watch it come back to you. That's an elementary explanation. If you plant wheat, won't you and your children eat from it? So who will eat the evil you plant? god of atheist?
Karma simply means that what you sow you shall reap. If Mr A kills Mr A stands a chance of being killed. Not his Children, If he has Children that were later killed it is because those children deserves such fate to be killed through their own former acts of killing that made them to be attracted to that Father who is a killer since just like that law of sowing & reaping which we otherwise refer to as law of karma, there is also another law of creation known as law of attraction of homogenous species, thus a thief will always attract a thief to himself, a smoker will always also attract fellow smokers while a person of noble heart & deed will find himself in such companies.
Re: The Ancestral Curses by dumodust(m): 5:22pm On Nov 20, 2016
Pidgin2:

You keep responding without giving anything much thought. I should be happy for a girl who was an undergraduate (year one) having a child after a failed abortion right? Well, she's not voluptuous, she's not that pretty either, she's also not the only girl who grew up in the same environment, under the same roof. That said, some of you will never believe even though evidence stares you in the face. The grandmother had fatherless kids, her mother too, she same. For us who know better, we will keep braking ancestral curses with the power of God

Keep breaking them then... as for me, i will continue in the real world with worldly wisdom cool #Balthasar Gracian mode
Re: The Ancestral Curses by blackprowler: 5:24pm On Nov 20, 2016
Seun:

If a particular illness runs in your family, it is probably because the disease is genetic in nature. For example, there are families in which every woman develops breast cancer at a particular age. Scientists have found that certain genes are responsible for their tendency to have breast cancer. Angelina Jolie discovered that she has this gene and decided to go for a preventive double mastectomy in order to avoid it. She has also opted to adopt kids so she won't pass the genes to the next generation. Some families tend to have a lot of sicklers, and this is because of the sickle cell gene. The solution is for people from such families to marry people who don't have the gene at all. These are medical issues, and not spiritual. When you attribute medical issues to evil spirits, you prevent the victims from seeking the medical help that they need. How wicked!

If marital problems run in your family, it's probably because nobody in your family knows how a healthy marriage works. Almost everything you know about marriage comes from your parents, and you are likely to make the same mistakes that they did. The solution is to educate yourself on marriage from external sources like books, the Internet, etc and to make sure the partner you choose is very compatible with you and preferably comes from a healthy family. And to seek counseling from marriage counselors, not your pastor who may not know much. If both partners in a marriage come from broken homes, it's highly likely to fail, unless both of them work really really hard to make it work.

If financial problems run in your family, it's due to lack of financial knowledge and education. The solution is to break that cycle by getting educated in an economically viable profession (not Yoruba Studies) and being enterprising. Also, it would be foolish to make financial decisions based on your parents' advice if your parents are poor or financially illiterate. You need to have advisers who know more than they do.

If bad habits such as alcoholism, smoking or drug addiction run in your family, the solution is to never expose yourself to these vices. Never take a glass of wine. Never try cigarettes. Never try drugs. Never keep a friend who does any of these things. Never go to a party or night club where you will be pressured to try these things. Because you are likely to be more susceptible to addiction than most people. One sip of wine could place you on the path to ruin. So don't risk it! However, if the habit bothering you is masturbation, don't worry about it; it's normal.

The suggestion that any problem that runs in your family could be caused by imaginary "ancestral curses" is damaging because it distracts you from the real causes of your problems and the real solutions. It's not even biblical anyway, in my opinion.

How can I ever thank you enough?! Nigeria as a society and the Nigerian people are under a thick fog of darkness. There's no way the enlightened can win. I wish I could explain how the tragedy of Nigerian base ignorance has affected me so so negatively. You're born into a wretched family in a country so poor that some in the West wonder how people survive there and someone will come and tell you that you are poor because of some curse or some other inanity and that you should line up in their church to be "delivered"! What kind of people are Nigerians? Once again: NIGERIA IS A JOKE!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Ancestral Curses by Gynah33(f): 5:26pm On Nov 20, 2016
Its been an interesting read. This is the conclusion of the matter, whatever you believe works for you. wink
Re: The Ancestral Curses by ifeomaekol(f): 5:27pm On Nov 20, 2016
Gift101:

So the situation whereby a family has brainliant children but none of them has ever graduated from the university is Genetic right ?
no its spiritual
Re: The Ancestral Curses by mathew247: 5:30pm On Nov 20, 2016
I will never wish this case on my worst enemy. I remember vividly what etuketu did to my father,after getting well at the hospital,the disease cameback withing days he left the hospital,we went back to dat hospital and they said we can't be admited again they then prescribe a more costly medicine to us,under 2days,it came back we diverted to yoruba medicine,it will cool but after some hours it will start again then someone directed us to a pastor that said its ancestral curse...the pastor gave us igbo medicine with prayers,fasting and midnight prayers...I swear since we started that prayer owls started crying every night on our roof. My father didnt die and he was healed permanently.
I saw many posts here where #seun counters the poster,maybe he is yet to witness it but if I tell you what ancestral curse did to my family u wont believe. Someone here said ''they can make brilliant children not finish school'' theres truth in that and many more cases.
If u need a pastor that can free ur family from ancsetral curses. Check the number on my profile to contact me so I can link you to him, he stays in onitsha,anambra state.
Re: The Ancestral Curses by akintom(m): 5:54pm On Nov 20, 2016
Earthkumy:
THE ANCESTRAL CURSES (part 2)

In the chapter one of this massage, I stated that there’s difference between being condemned to spiritual death and having a curse that’s affecting you and your family despite you been born again Christians. When you are born again heaven is sure for you, if you keep company with the Holy Spirit all the days of your Christian life, forget all the worries about eternal life, I boast in the Lord that you are surely going to heaven. The truth is, without the Holy Spirit you will never make head way and you will not make heaven or paradise whichever one you prefer to call it. The Holy Spirit will renew our mortal body into immortal body enabling us to rapture. I pray you get to know the Holy Spirit more, is the Holy Spirit that bears witness with our Spirit that we are a Children of God. The Holy Spirit makes it easy for us to make a daily Christian life easy in the face of difficulties.
Back to ancestral curse, I was praying for one of my friend in my house and the Lord told me that his problem is from his background, I followed the Lord instruction and the yoke was broken. I have seen men of God who love the Lord so much and their background never affected them all through their life, because they are always in right standing with God and when they have Children, if their children do not properly follow the Lord, they will start suffering from the problems of their ancestors line which wasn’t broken in their fathers life (Psalm 89:30). I have also seen another set of Christians who are sincere and yet being affected by their background. I believe if they pray and follow the Holy Spirit instructions, the problem will just be a learning ground for greater height in one’s life just as it was for me. Many will never know what is pulling them down until they start speeding hours praying, and seeking to get answers.
I know a lot of Christians will rather die in a problem, than believe a power somewhere is cursing it in their life. Well, that’s ok provided that you do not backslide because of the problem, as far as I meet you in heaven, is ok by me. Though I have problems of repetition of the pray by some Churches in Nigeria every Sunday. I believe you should fast and pray for your background if you are new in our family (Christian) especially if you are from Africa where idol worship and demonic spiritual worship is common. The Bible said we will cast out demons please exercise that part of the scripture in every part of your life to make your living in this world easier for you as a child of God. Break the yokes around you Mark 16:17.
There’s another set of Christians that I see, they feel's like they need deliverance on their background every time. The devil keep telling them they are not free yet and they believe the devil more than they believe the word of God, even though they call themselves serious Christians, but in truth they are less than babes. I advise you to pray and believe it is settled and you will get the result, if the devil starts playing in your mind please rebuke him, he will flee.
THANK YOU AND GOD BLESS YOU AND PLEASE BE RAPTURABLE.
Pastor Eze Chukwu Earthkumy

I only pity gullible folks, who will seek you out and patronize this charade of a thing called "deliverance sessions".

Of course, such folks will fall down under the push of your hand, blow out of your breath, writh like tilapia out of water, mutter gibberish and get exhausted, after the gymnastics.

But you know what?

Naada will change!

1 Like

Re: The Ancestral Curses by dumodust(m): 5:55pm On Nov 20, 2016
Gynah33:
Its been an interesting read. This is the conclusion of the matter, whatever you believe works for you. wink

hope you chose common sense wink
Re: The Ancestral Curses by ianSweet(f): 5:56pm On Nov 20, 2016
GossipHeart:

Things i don't believe in

*God

*Satan

*Heaven

*Bible

*Any Religion

*Voodoo

*Juju/Charms

*Evil spirits

*Ancestral curses

An example : If God exists or prayer works, Nigeria is the most spiritual and most God loving country in the world,
Why isn't Nigeria greater than the most sinful, most evil, most corrupt country in the world (USA)??

Dont say what u ate not sure of. USA has some pf the greatest men of God too.
The biggest ministers in Nigeria were actually mentored by American evangelist and Revivalist ministers, talk about the likes of Late Kenneth Hagin, Oral Roberts, Kenneth Copeland e.t.c, the biggest Nigerian men of God owe their spiritual mentorship to these men, directly or indirectly.

2 Likes

Re: The Ancestral Curses by Princewell2012(m): 6:19pm On Nov 20, 2016
Seun:

If a particular illness runs in your family, it is probably because the disease is genetic in nature. For example, there are families in which every woman develops breast cancer at a particular age. Scientists have found that certain genes are responsible for their tendency to have breast cancer. Angelina Jolie discovered that she has this gene and decided to go for a preventive double mastectomy in order to avoid it. She has also opted to adopt kids so she won't pass the genes to the next generation. Some families tend to have a lot of sicklers, and this is because of the sickle cell gene. The solution is for people from such families to marry people who don't have the gene at all. These are medical issues, and not spiritual. When you attribute medical issues to evil spirits, you prevent the victims from seeking the medical help that they need. How wicked!

If marital problems run in your family, it's probably because nobody in your family knows how a healthy marriage works. Almost everything you know about marriage comes from your parents, and you are likely to make the same mistakes that they did. The solution is to educate yourself on marriage from external sources like books, the Internet, etc and to make sure the partner you choose is very compatible with you and preferably comes from a healthy family. And to seek counseling from marriage counselors, not your pastor who may not know much. If both partners in a marriage come from broken homes, it's highly likely to fail, unless both of them work really really hard to make it work.

If financial problems run in your family, it's due to lack of financial knowledge and education. The solution is to break that cycle by getting educated in an economically viable profession (not Yoruba Studies) and being enterprising. Also, it would be foolish to make financial decisions based on your parents' advice if your parents are poor or financially illiterate. You need to have advisers who know more than they do.

If bad habits such as alcoholism, smoking or drug addiction run in your family, the solution is to never expose yourself to these vices. Never take a glass of wine. Never try cigarettes. Never try drugs. Never keep a friend who does any of these things. Never go to a party or night club where you will be pressured to try these things. Because you are likely to be more susceptible to addiction than most people. One sip of wine could place you on the path to ruin. So don't risk it! However, if the habit bothering you is masturbation, don't worry about it. It's normal.

The suggestion that any problem that runs in your family could be caused by imaginary "ancestral curses" is damaging because it distracts you from the real causes of your problems and the real solutions. It's not even biblical anyway, in my opinion.

Hmm i can't agree less with what you just said. Believe me i have really learnt alots from this write up. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: The Ancestral Curses by orizon(m): 6:21pm On Nov 20, 2016
Ezekeil 18 2,jer 31 29 30 ans all dese
Re: The Ancestral Curses by Wilgrea7(m): 6:25pm On Nov 20, 2016
i have a question to ask... ancestral curses.. meaning curses on a generation or so... why are they generational..

i mean.. why should a child suffer for the sins of his fathers or for his ancestor's decisions..

Ezekiel 18:20 The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him.

if as above, the son doesn't bear the iniquity of the father, and this is what God said.. then why can the wicked now curse the generation??

i thought no one can say yes when God has said no.

pls if u have a bible passage talking about ancestral curses please bring it forth.. I'm neutral on the topic but I've had these questions for a while now... mature unbiased minds only

i came here to learn... this is a honest question.. if your stupidity pushes you to insult me, then please pass by..

1 Like

Re: The Ancestral Curses by Liveair: 6:34pm On Nov 20, 2016
Jimmyo3:
Woe unto to those who don't believe in ancestral curses or spirituality for even the very SCIENCE which you embrace has agreed in accordance and proved beyond doubt that spirituality is real. And that activities in the spiritual realm affects our physical reality in one way or the order because whatever takes form and manifest as physical evidence have existed in the spiritual realm..... This is what SCIENCE says and not me.Woe unto to those who don't believe in ancestral curses or spirituality for even the very SCIENCE which you embrace has agreed in accordance and proved beyond doubt that spirituality is real. And that activities in the spiritual realm affects our physical reality in one way or the order because whatever takes form and manifest as physical evidence have existed in the spiritual realm..... This is what SCIENCE says and not me.

Do not Insult Science by your arrogant displace of silly misinformation.
Re: The Ancestral Curses by Gift101(m): 6:35pm On Nov 20, 2016
geronimoedeh1:

deception at its peak...wat if dose people dat u assumed fall under d anointing of d holy spirit were actually payed to act it up n decieve d gullible people lik u....or tactically bein induced to fall..
it happend to me...d pastor waz rolling his hands on my head wit a lot of pressure bt i stood my ground n maintained balance....
d pastor got angry n slapped me n ask my dad to take me out of his Church dat i had a strong evil spirit...lol.....

Sir, i doubt if you were a christain. If u were a christian before, it means either you don't pay attention to the teachings of your pastor, or your pastor don't teach his church members about things beyond the physical.

My pastor who i believe in so much said that "[b]not everybody that fall under the anointing receives their healings and even some that did not fall under the anointing receives their healings than the ones that fell."

Faith is very important.
Re: The Ancestral Curses by Princewell2012(m): 6:38pm On Nov 20, 2016
Acidosis:
Funny thing is majority of those who liked Seun's posts are parts of the Christian family. Very disgraceful and easily deceived delusional and faithless illiterate Christians who don't know the difference between the right and the left.

At the sound of an irrational post from an atheist, you see them doubting their faith as shown in the likes.

at the Same vein fighting, challenging and aguing over the internet in other to defend your God does not make one a good Christian. You can't fight for God. Better still manifest the work of Christ and love one another will be very much appreciated than fighting over the internet.

2 some Christians don't even know anything even the bible. Most of the time i got angry over their comments. If you don't know something why don't you keep quiet and let those who knows it do it.

So because an atheist makes a very good points, just because he is an atheist i should disagreed with him To proves that am a good Christian. Hmmm that is religion. If you asked me and Christianity is never a religion.

2 Likes

Re: The Ancestral Curses by StoneColdBiceps(m): 6:38pm On Nov 20, 2016
Seun:

If bad habits such as alcoholism, smoking or drug addiction run in your family, the solution is to never expose yourself to these vices. Never take a glass of wine. Never try cigarettes. Never try drugs. Never keep a friend who does any of these things. Never go to a party or night club where you will be pressured to try these things. Because you are likely to be more susceptible to addiction than most people. One sip of wine could place you on the path to ruin. So don't risk it! However, if the habit bothering you is masturbation, don't worry about it. It's normal.

My problem when some pips think they are overly smart or strong-willed and believe there is no God or there is nothing like Ancestral course especially in Africa. I can bet you have heard but prolly not experienced it, and feel it doesn't exist. But do you agree there is "witchcraft"? Mr Seun.
Re: The Ancestral Curses by Jimmyo3(m): 6:42pm On Nov 20, 2016
Liveair:

Do not Insult Science by your arrogant displace of silly misinformation.
There is no misinformation here, if only you understand in details what Quantum Mechanics is all about then you will believe me....
Re: The Ancestral Curses by StoneColdBiceps(m): 6:43pm On Nov 20, 2016
accountbalance:

Goodluck to you on re-orientation of these gullible people's mindset. This is actually where most of the problem we have in Nigeria stems from.

Everyday I see people living their lives based on archaic superstitions and believes.

For instance, my educated aunt almost lost her life while giving birth in a church because she thought some evil spirit in the family were after her unborn child so she refused to go for antenatal. Of course, the poor foetus died due to unhealthy delivery.

I really love the way you are trying to open people's mind to critical thinking but I just don't know if it's possible to correct so many people's thought. People's mind have been really messed up in this part of the world, no thanks to our pastors and prophets.

There is nothing gullible about this ancestral thing. This is reality. And alota Pastors are really doing a great job with deliverance. I don't expect you to agree.
Re: The Ancestral Curses by bebe2(f): 6:47pm On Nov 20, 2016
Acidosis:
Funny thing is majority of those who liked Seun's posts are parts of the Christian family. Very disgraceful and easily deceived delusional and faithless illiterate Christians who don't know the difference between the right and the left.

At the sound of an irrational post from an atheist, you see them doubting their faith as shown in the likes.

grin

i already liked it before i checked to see it was seun.

the guy is quiet intellectual.

ancestral causes indeed.

d only thing i see is colour (Race) curses.

pls can any one tell me one country , one field or one profession were the black race has excelled.
Re: The Ancestral Curses by StoneColdBiceps(m): 6:47pm On Nov 20, 2016
mmsen:

Why you people forever run and hide behind irrational theories to explain the events of this world?

Some theories could be irrational BUT there is ancestral curse, witchcraft and other underworld vices only the Lord Jesus Christ can address.
Re: The Ancestral Curses by Seun(m): 6:49pm On Nov 20, 2016
StoneColdBiceps:
My problem when some pips think they are overly smart or strong-willed and believe there is no God or there is nothing like Ancestral course especially in Africa. I can bet you have heard but prolly not experienced it, and feel it doesn't exist. But do you agree there is "witchcraft"? Mr Seun.
No, I don't. See: Do Witches And Wizards Exist? I Don't Think So!.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Ancestral Curses by JuanDeDios: 6:52pm On Nov 20, 2016
Gift101:

So the situation whereby a family has brainliant children but none of them has ever graduated from the university is Genetic right ?
See, I love the word you have coined, brainliant! I can pay you for this word. In fact, this is how the word ought to be spelt!

1 Like

Re: The Ancestral Curses by Gift101(m): 6:52pm On Nov 20, 2016
Seun:

No, I don't. See: Do Witches And Wizards Exist? I Don't Think So!.

It's strange that u don't believe that there's supernatural powers and you call yourself a Yoruba man.

1 Like

Re: The Ancestral Curses by StoneColdBiceps(m): 6:54pm On Nov 20, 2016
awelekiti:
In as much as I agree with you on certain points, I think you're just speaking from the canal aspect of it. If you're spiritually inclined, you'd understand that ancestral curse exists. That's why it's somewhat difficult for people like you to get help at times, when facing one spiritual problem or the other because of your canal knowledge. There was a man, my colleague at work a few years back who said in their lineage, they never grew past the age of 40. He had started panicking when he was tending towards 39 and I told him since he's a believer, he should keep praying to God for mercy and divine protection. He should also observe fasting and prayer and ask God to break the curse. He did just that and now, he's 48 years old. His elder brothers died mysteriously at age 39. His half brother died on the plane when he was about entering the US on his first trip ever. He just coughed profusely and he was attended to on the plane. Unfortunately, they couldn't resuscitate him. This was the guy who had no health issues before he travelled. There are ancestral curses my friend. Some women won't give birth until they attain a particular age. If you like, do IVF at Dr Ray of the Dr 90210's hospital 100 times, if the lady doesn't attain that particular age, she won't conceive unless she's delivered from that curse. In a remote state in the southwest, there was a man who used an albino to do juju in the 20th century when cocoa was the major earnings before independence. This man's cocoa plantation boomed so much that he became very rich because he was always having great yields. The albino wrapped a curse on that man when he was being slaughtered that, the man won't achieve anything good with the money including his generations that benefit from that proceeds. He built big houses the day he died the whole houses collapsed on him. His children were successful graduates some lawyers, engineers, medical doctors with good job placements. The lawyer was assassinated. The Doctor died mysteriously, the engineer ran mad. The curse was transferred from children and grandchildren to great grandchildren . The yoke was broken on their 3rd generation. This guy got married but no issues and the doctors said they were both ok, health wise. One day, they attended an open air crusade where a pastor gave a message of a barren couple who had run series of tests home and abroad but nothing was found to have impeded the wife from pregnancy. He said they should come out and they did. The pastor said what caused it as explained above. He said this is a proof that the punishment of the first generation will be served till the 3rd generation as mentioned in the bible. He said though they didn't partake in the gruesome murder of the albino but they're partakers of the punishment. They prayed for the couple and were delivered that night. The following month, the wife conceived, after waiting for 10 years. Can you say this also was a medical issue? Pray you don't fall victim of ancestral curse.

Some people will think because they are smart or strong-willed and comfortable, they will think there is not God.

1 Like

Re: The Ancestral Curses by bebe2(f): 7:00pm On Nov 20, 2016
accountbalance:

Goodluck to you on re-orientation of these gullible people's mindset. This is actually where most of the problem we have in Nigeria stems from.

Everyday I see people living their lives based on archaic superstitions and believes.

For instance, my educated aunt almost lost her life while giving birth in a church because she thought some evil spirit in the family were after her unborn child so she refused to go for antenatal. Of course, the poor foetus died due to unhealthy delivery.

I really love the way you are trying to open people's mind to critical thinking but I just don't know if it's possible to correct so many people's thought. People's mind have been really messed up in this part of the world, no thanks to our pastors and prophets.

u lucky ur aunt survived. same thing happened to my brother in laws wife.

she had a lot of complication with her first child, had her premature, the husband who lived in germany sent down loads of money to make sure both mother and child survived, which they did.

then she got pregnant again , and decided to go to JESUS WOMEN CHURCH for spiritual care becos she didnt want the evil spirit to make her have caesarean again, her feet were swollen but she didnt go to hospital she was using anointing oil on it.

long story cut short, one morning she woke up, blacked out, she was rushed to different hospital no one cud help, until they got to st philomena, by then the child was already dead, she herself never recovered, she died few days later.

lesson learnt. person also need apply common sense in alot of situations.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Ancestral Curses by StoneColdBiceps(m): 7:07pm On Nov 20, 2016
dumodust:

Hogwash and old wives tales.
Go and read about genetics and probabilities... i dont know when giving birth to 3 sons became an issue? We are 3 sons in my family, several of my extended family members have 3 sons, my sis has 3 sons but i never went about blaming my ancestors.
Sex selection has to do with the male spermatozoa which can be x or y meeting the ovum to produce either xx (female) or xy (male). Maybe the proportion of 'y' spermatozoa is much more than 'x' in the males and bros, all na chance and God.
Thank God you guys are bearing kids self and that their is no case of infertility.

They will always say go and read this go and read that. Accept or not, my brother there is ancestral curse, witchcraft etc and only the Blood of Jesus can wash it out.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Fake Miracle: Should I Accept This Bribe To Do This Evil? / Pastor 'One Blow' Involved In Accident After 'Betraying' Bishop Obinim / Should I Be Worried Seeing Dead People In My Dreams

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 143
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.