Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,625 members, 7,823,750 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:28 PM

Young Naija Entrepreneurs Interview: Silas Onoja - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Young Naija Entrepreneurs Interview: Silas Onoja (920 Views)

Multitasking Is Killing Entrepreneurs And Employees! This Tips Will Help You Out / Scam Alert! Scam Alert! Beware Of Onoja Michael Otene / AYEEN 2018 Registration – Raising Africa's Young Entrepreneurs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Young Naija Entrepreneurs Interview: Silas Onoja by YNEntrepreneur: 4:12am On Nov 20, 2016
His first painting I came across was that of a child appearing to drink water while laughing heartily; I was immensely captivated. The painting appeared so real, almost like a digital photo, so much I had to show it to a close friend and we argued so much about it.

Immediately I knew I had to contact the painter and profile him as the young entrepreneur for this week. Silas Onoja’s extra brilliant paintings have been shared by so many people on social media, especially Facebook. In fact, I leant about him through one of those shares.

Can you please introduce yourself to our readers?

I’m Silas Onoja, I’m an artist based in Abuja.

When did you start painting?

I started painting academically since 2013 on papers in school, and I started commercially in March 2016

Your artwork are so realistic, did you go to any art school or study under anyone?

I’m currently holding a national diploma certificate in fine art from benpoly, though I got some tutorials from professional artists

Where do you get your inspiration from?

I must say God first, secondly art shows I watched while growing up, and world contemporary artists’ stories I heard

As an artist who are your role models?

Oswald Uruakpa; a renowned artist here in Abuja, and the great Leonardo da Vinci

Have you displayed your works in any exhibition before?

Yeah, my work is currently displayed in Transcorp Hilton, in an exhibition; my first though

Finally, is painting a lucrative venture? Can a young person in Nigeria actually live off painting?

Painting is art, art is lucrative, but it is greatly affected by the environment, if an artist paints in an environment where art is appreciated, he is favored more. But one thing is for sure, a good art piece knows no environment.

My advice to young persons who wants to go into painting is, they should do it with passion and a love for art, because it is only by that you can produce a good painting, and with good paintings the sky is the starting point of his or her greatness.

for more Interviews
http://www.youngnaijaentrepreneurs.com

(1) (Reply)

Diamond Bank The Worst Bank Alife In Nigeria / Profitable Online Businesses / I Want To Buy A Small Solar Kit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.